PDA

View Full Version : Rick Perry on the Economic Crises

MR2-Sooner86
8/24/2011, 10:56 AM
jNVwGNrvKnU&feature

George Bush: 'God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq' (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa)

Lather, rinse, repeat.

pphilfran
8/24/2011, 11:05 AM
jNVwGNrvKnU&feature

George Bush: 'God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq' (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa)

Lather, rinse, repeat.

The best thing about your post was the pizz ant link....

Soon after, the Israeli daily newspaper Haaretz carried a Palestinian transcript of the meeting, containing a version of Mr Bush's remarks. But the Palestinian delegation was reluctant publicly to acknowledge its authenticity.

who to believe...

This guy...

"One of the delegates, Nabil Shaath, who was Palestinian foreign minister at the time, said: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

Or this guy....

Mahmoud Abbas, the Palestinian prime minister, who was also part of the delegation at Sharm el-Sheikh, told the BBC programme that Mr Bush had said: "I have a moral and religious obligation. I must get you a Palestinian state. And I will."

Position Limit
8/24/2011, 11:59 AM
charisma, leadership, and fresh/cutting edge ideas are what's gonna get this champion elected. this country is on the right path with an empty suit like rick perry running for higher office. it's like he's the product of thousands of years of crappy political evolution reaching critical mass. he makes bush fog the mirror in this video you posted. good lord what is going on?

pphilfran
8/24/2011, 12:02 PM
charisma, leadership, and fresh/cutting edge ideas are what's gonna get this champion elected. this country is on the right path with an empty suit like rick perry running for higher office. it's like he's the product of thousands of years of crappy political evolution reaching critical mass. he makes bush fog the mirror in this video you posted. good lord what is going on?

It is the f'n Twilight Zone...

Midtowner
8/24/2011, 12:43 PM

Exactly. Perry is about as prepackaged, kid-tested/mother-approved, focus-group tested, talking points focused candidate as I've ever seen before. I mean, it's positively amazing. He's got a talking point comeback that is guaranteed not to offend anyone on the right for any question asked because he avoids anything real and substantive. At this point in the game, it's all about appearing conservative, appealing to key constituencies, and looking presidential. That's what Perry's doing. But in doing so, one has to ask, is he the real deal, or is he an actor playing a part just so in order to win political power?

It's clear we're dealing with the later. Elections have become a theater contest of sorts with real consequences. They've always been that way, but in the last 20 years or so, it feels like things have gone beyond the pale. I'm not sure what the solution is, but clearly, the one we have isn't working.

JohnnyMack
8/24/2011, 12:44 PM
I swear I'd rather have Palin than this turd.

Midtowner
8/24/2011, 01:16 PM
I swear I'd rather have Palin than this turd.

At least Palin says what's on her mind. I'd rather have a known quantity (even if that quantity is small) than an empty suit.

Position Limit
8/24/2011, 01:39 PM
Exactly. Perry is about as prepackaged, kid-tested/mother-approved, focus-group tested, talking points focused candidate as I've ever seen before. I mean, it's positively amazing. He's got a talking point comeback that is guaranteed not to offend anyone on the right for any question asked because he avoids anything real and substantive. At this point in the game, it's all about appearing conservative, appealing to key constituencies, and looking presidential. That's what Perry's doing. But in doing so, one has to ask, is he the real deal, or is he an actor playing a part just so in order to win political power?

It's clear we're dealing with the later. Elections have become a theater contest of sorts with real consequences. They've always been that way, but in the last 20 years or so, it feels like things have gone beyond the pale. I'm not sure what the solution is, but clearly, the one we have isn't working.

while all that you write is true, he's just awful at it and people eat it up. god and sex. if you got something to sell, use it. i know all politicans do it these days, but perry is terrible at it. he's a poorly programmed robot to serve the right. and how much product does this ****** have in his hair? how is he even taken seriously? i really hope ron paul can find a way to move near the top. says alot that clowns like perry and bachmann lead the pack and paul gets glossed over. is this the beginning of the end?

Pricetag
8/24/2011, 02:02 PM
He reminds me of Robert Tilton, AKA "The Farting Preacher."

Veritas
8/24/2011, 02:17 PM
jNVwGNrvKnU&feature

Lather, rinse, repeat.
I assume that you're making some type of allusion that because Rick Perry professes belief in God that he's somehow on the same footing as Bush.

That's a pretty sweeping generalization if that is your point, which you didn't really make clear. You just posted a vid, a link, and a vague statement that I'm assuming was intended to be pithy.

JohnnyMack
8/24/2011, 02:26 PM
I assume that you're making some type of allusion that because Rick Perry professes belief in God that he's somehow on the same footing as Bush.

That's a pretty sweeping generalization if that is your point, which you didn't really make clear. You just posted a vid, a link, and a vague statement that I'm assuming was intended to be pithy.

Both Texas Governor's? Check.

Both love them some Jesus? Check.

Both have families that are in bed with the house of Saud? Half a check.

Both former coke-head rich kids? Half a check.

SoonerProphet
8/24/2011, 02:28 PM
http://nationalinterest.org/commentary/rick-perry-know-nothing-neoconservativism-reincarnated-5792

The hyper-hawks, whose affiliations include the American Enterprise Institute, National Review online, and Heritage Foundation, suggest Perry’s general commitment to an imperial foreign policy and force structure. Worse is the role of Bush cabal, highlighted by former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, who apparently put Perry in touch with several of the others, Undersecretary of Defense Doug Feith, and NSC staffer William Luti—all architects of the catastrophe known as George Bush’s foreign policy. Gov. Perry’s reliance on these people suggests a proclivity for promiscuous and reckless war making.

TIMB0B
8/24/2011, 10:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3NNDLO7-AI&feature=feedu

landrun
8/25/2011, 07:43 PM
The left is hypocritical! Or ignorant. Maybe both. It's hard to tell.

Could you image if Bush 'PREACHED' in a church. Or publicly said that God 'CALLED HIM'

You gladly, willfully even, believe complete hearsay about Bush reportedly saying 'God told him...'. The source is questionable, at best! A 'senior Palestinian official' All the while there are conflicting reports of what, if anything was really said.

But you blindly, willfully ignore this!
http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2008/01/21/obama
and
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/images/2008-01-21_obama_faith_2.jpg

Here you have Salon.com, (this ain't redstate.com or some right wing blog here) showing the literal marketing material published Obama saying that
GOD CALLED HIM TO BRING CHANGE.
Speaking behind a pulpit with a cross draped over it. Praying with other nut-job Christians. He believes in the 'POWER OF PRAYER'
He says that. Right here. Right now.
This is not an accusation by some dishonest bean head who hates him for whatever reason. (Like the accusation that Bush says God told him to invade Iraq)
This is Obama's own words. It is Obama in his own published photographs

This isn't hearsay. This is historical fact for you all to see.

That's right! Hope and change was inspired by GOD ALMIGHTY HIMSELF!! - Obama says so!
GOD called Obama to bring change! And Obama who was 'called to service' is God's servant bringing this change directly to your door.

Some of you left wingers are narrow-minded, intellectually dishonest minions for the democrat party.

Pull your heads out.

Imagine the gnashing of teeth by the left if any conservative published anything even close to this!
Obama - the 'committed Christian'
Obama - GOD called me to bring change
Obama - Speaks to God and gets answers directly from God because of the 'POWER OF PRAYER'
Obama - called by God to serve the country as president
Obama - Jeremiah Wright introduced me to Jesus Christ (read the literature!) Did he shake Jesus' hand that day??
etc...

If you pretend to have a problem with any conservative who is a Christian, and don't have a problem with Obama, you have lost all credibility to comment on any conservative who acknowledges a Christian faith.

AlboSooner
8/25/2011, 08:10 PM
And in that day I will say to them, away from me you evildoers. I never knew you.

It's doubtful that I will see any US presidents in heaven. Maybe one or two

hawaii 5-0
8/25/2011, 09:06 PM
I know......let's all believe everything we read. Wouldn't that be nice.

Seesh, some people haven't heard of political propaganda? I guess if someone has a picture of Obama looking like the Joker in Batman we can all believe he's a criminal mastermind. Or if Rick Perry has a picture with horns growing outta his head and he's got goat feet. Let's believe it's real, fer sure !!!

5-0

Trump/ Anyone but Bachmann 2012

soonercruiser
8/25/2011, 09:23 PM
Obama former coke-head rich kid?

Check and a half!
:drunk:

hawaii 5-0
8/25/2011, 09:29 PM
Check and a half!
:drunk:

Rich kid? Didn't know that. But then, I don't pretend to know half of the stuff out there.

5-0

Trump/ Boxer's boxers 2012

landrun
8/26/2011, 06:38 AM
I know......let's all believe everything we read. Wouldn't that be nice.

Seesh, some people haven't heard of political propaganda? I guess if someone has a picture of Obama looking like the Joker in Batman we can all believe he's a criminal mastermind. Or if Rick Perry has a picture with horns growing outta his head and he's got goat feet. Let's believe it's real, fer sure !!!

5-0

Trump/ Anyone but Bachmann 2012

You're the type of person I posted this for. And you're typical of what is wrong with the American voters today.

You pretend (or perhaps have even conviced yourself) that you're discerning, hence your comment on not believing what you read.
But while you pretend to be objective/smart, you can hear someone suggest that Bush said 'God told him to start a war in Iraq' and to you it becomes undeniable truth.

You believe nonsense with no evidence to it being true but reject what is plain with objective evidence to its reality.

The point is, you believe what you want about politics regardless of the facts. You're believing what you want to in spite of objective evidence to the contrary.

Hence the left's belief that the conservatives are religous nuts and the left are clear thinking intellectuals.