PDA

View Full Version : Whorn 'insiders': Joe Castiglione won't let Boren move OU to the SEC, will get fired

47straight
8/23/2011, 11:30 PM
A whorn forwarded me this Barking Carnival Jesus Shuttlesworth article, allegedly with a 'big cigar' insider.

********* whorn article (http://barkingcarnival.fantake.com/2011/08/23/big-cigar-with-some-realignment-news/)

Here's the key piece of garbage

“But OU has been a solid ally through all of this?”

Yes, and the main reason is Joe Castiglione. He’s been in talks with DeLoss about the direction of the conference every step of the way and it’s the main reason OU hasn’t looked seriously at their SEC option. The problem is the Longhorn Network has made JC look weak to the powers in the OU program including University President David Boren and Bob Stoops. Stoops and JC’s relationship was already a bit stressed due to annual contract renegotiations, and the Longhorn Network may be the straw that forces Boren to give JC his walking papers. If that happens, UT loses an important connection to OU and the SEC might become more attractive to the Sooners overnight. The Cigar says to keep your ear to the ground for noise out of Norman

Kinda reminds me of another whorn who used to haunt here that also liked to put phallic things in his mouth. But I digress.

soonervegas
8/23/2011, 11:48 PM
This guy also spends half the article explaining how UT wants A&M out so they can be replaced with ND and BYU........this guy lives in some influential UT alums wet dream. The only thing I do think he is accurate on is that Stoops can not be happy with the LHN.

Sooner_Tuf
8/24/2011, 03:54 AM
It's amazing how many fans (we have them too) spin up fantasies in their heads about things like player's situations, conference realignment issues, etc then convince themselves they are true. Then try to convince others of their fairy tales and how much more brilliant they than the real players themselves.

It seems obvious to me that if you aren't personally involved in these decisions that you don't know more than the people that are.

Phil
8/24/2011, 07:13 AM
That is one of the most idiotic things I have ever read. Seriously.

BermudaSooner
8/24/2011, 07:51 AM

Really? Aren't you a Daily Oklahoman subscriber?

KantoSooner
8/24/2011, 08:04 AM

Well played, sir.

brainpimp
8/24/2011, 08:09 AM
Sorry, but I don't buy the JC, Stoops split as anything more than total wish fantasy by the whorns. Deep down in places they don't like to talk about they are scared to death of this group and the thought of OU going on another multi-year extended winning streak or worse yet one of those apocalyptic 60 point beat downs.

Mississippi Sooner
8/24/2011, 08:12 AM

I think I would put it somewhere in the range of 5 - 7.

TheresOnlyOne
8/24/2011, 08:15 AM
Definitely Top 10! Ummmm Stoops restructures his contract every year??? Lmao

Lawton4Life
8/24/2011, 08:45 AM
That due throws up 10 inside stories a year and when 1 hits he crows about it forever with no mention of hte 9 that were in complete left field.

Phil
8/24/2011, 09:00 AM

Yes. That's what makes it so extraordinary.

OUMallen
8/24/2011, 09:03 AM
A whorn forwarded me this Barking Carnival Jesus Shuttlesworth article, allegedly with a 'big cigar' insider.

********* whorn article (http://barkingcarnival.fantake.com/2011/08/23/big-cigar-with-some-realignment-news/)

Here's the key piece of garbage

Kinda reminds me of another whorn who used to haunt here that also liked to put phallic things in his mouth. But I digress.

That was as stupid as anything I've ever heard of in my life.

OULenexaman
8/24/2011, 09:34 AM
Yes. That's what makes it so extraordinary. very well played....snappy indeed.

IlliniJ
8/24/2011, 09:52 AM
I hate to say it, but I am now convinced that OU is even more of a whipping boy to the Longhorns than A&M.

MeMyself&Me
8/24/2011, 10:12 AM
Whipping boy? OU's won 7 Big 12 titles to Tejas's 3. If you're talking about realignment, I think the OU admin believe that keeping an association with Texas is in OU's best interest for now. If they didn't they'd could go just about anywhere they wanted. That's not really being a whipping boy. KSU, who's apparently going to allow their game with Texas to be on LHN and has no realignment options, is more of a whipping boy to Texas.

Sooner_Tuf
8/24/2011, 10:19 AM
I hate to say it, but I am now convinced that OU is even more of a whipping boy to the Longhorns than A&M.

Do you fart at the table too?

soonervegas
8/24/2011, 10:30 AM

I was in the same mindset with you, but I have reversed course on this. This isn't a Longhorn thing as much as it is an OSU thing and about 4 other schools that we have 60+ years of history with. As long as Texas and OU are in this conference and they can keep it at 10 quality teams it remains viable. Once that option expires....OU will look out for its interest #1 and OSU #2 if it can be done. OU and Texas will be just fine as rivals even if UT goes Big 10 or Indy and we end up in the Pac-16 or SEC. There is no need for us to run off from teams we have historical ties to until we absolutely have too.

65Mustang
8/24/2011, 11:37 AM
I was in the same mindset with you, but I have reversed course on this. This isn't a Longhorn thing as much as it is an OSU thing and about 4 other schools that we have 60+ years of history with. As long as Texas and OU are in this conference and they can keep it at 10 quality teams it remains viable. Once that option expires....OU will look out for its interest #1 and OSU #2 if it can be done. OU and Texas will be just fine as rivals even if UT goes Big 10 or Indy and we end up in the Pac-16 or SEC. There is no need for us to run off from teams we have historical ties to until we absolutely have too.

Spot on...

The correct and honorable thing to do is to try and keep the conference together until it is obvious that this will not work any longer.

Nebraska and Osborne preferred to take their football and play in another playground rather that try and keep UT in check for the greater good of the entire group. That was their option, that is what they chose to do. Donlt worry about ISU or KState or KU. Heck, they have only been your partners for the better part of a century.

Now Aggie is having their feelers hurt cause UT is trying to cheat them (at least in their own mind), so they want to find another playground too.

The best way to show up UT is to kick their butts on the field, and do your best to keep a level playing field within the league.

OU is the key to holding the league together if Aggie does leave. UT will not intentionally do anything to drive OU off. They might stretch things to the limit to see what they can get away with, but it is in the best interests of UT to keep the BIG12 together.

Don't think about how it might affect your buddies like Tech and Baylor, who have been associated with you since Hector was a pup.

70sooner
8/24/2011, 12:38 PM

dunno, but I bet he fart's in your general direction....

Herr Scholz
8/24/2011, 12:52 PM
Deloss and Joe C have been good business partners every step of the way during this conference and both teams have benefited greatly both financially and on the field. I personally think our teams stick together regardless of what A&M does.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/24/2011, 12:56 PM
I like that one of the tags for this thread is 'typical horns'.

Salt City Sooner
8/24/2011, 03:46 PM
Naw, he just talks crap about OU on other teams boards:

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1895243&forum_id=5

70sooner
8/24/2011, 06:08 PM
I'll say this, them aggies sure are full of their bad arse selves.

somebody needs to remind them of the last time they were relevant in CFB.....

AlboSooner
8/24/2011, 07:32 PM
To say it's a dumb rumor it gives too much credibility.

AlbqSooner
8/24/2011, 08:01 PM
You people do realize that OU and the whorns played each other annually when OU was in the Big 8 and those guys were in the Southwest don't you?