PDA

View Full Version : Pat Summitt has early onset dementia

SapulpaSooner
8/23/2011, 10:15 PM
http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/6888321/tennessee-lady-vols-pat-summitt-early-onset-dementi

Sad news hate to hear this. she is a great coach and women.

Anybody going to the walk at ORU this Saturday

StoopTroup
8/23/2011, 10:26 PM
Wow. The Washington Post Article really gets to you. Very tough for someone that's used to competing and being an example of compting at a high level for other Women. Prayers for her and her Family.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/pat-summitt-tennessee-womens-basketball-coach-diagnosed-with-alzheimers-disease/2011/08/23/gIQADEuDZJ_story.html?hpid=z3

the-rover
8/24/2011, 08:03 AM
It amazes me how people these days wish to make a very personal matter public like this.....

Very sad news to hear.

Lott's Bandana
8/24/2011, 11:27 AM
It amazes me how people these days wish to make a very personal matter public like this.....

Very sad news to hear.

In this case, it is likely because she has chosen to continue coaching until she can't any longer. Therefore, there will probably be noticeable changes in how she will do things from year's past and this will undoubtedly raise questions.

I also think that anyone that suffers from this type of condition actually receives more deference and privacy because of the public knowledge, than otherwise...see President Reagan.

MsProudSooner
8/24/2011, 12:32 PM
It amazes me how people these days wish to make a very personal matter public like this..... Very sad news to hear.

Also, by making this public she serves as an inspiration to others and probably inspires more donations to Alzheimer's research.

3rdgensooner
8/24/2011, 02:32 PM
Also, by making this public she serves as an inspiration to others and probably inspires more donations to Alzheimer's research.That was my thought.

At this point, she'll be working with a disability. Having seen the progression of this disease first hand, I encourage her to keep fighting that good fight as long as she can.