PDA

View Full Version : SWAGGER

Lott's Bandana
8/23/2011, 06:10 PM
swag·ger/ˈswagər/

Verb: Walk or behave in a very confident and typically arrogant or aggressive way: "They swaggered their way to #8".

Yes I know. I'm taking a risk here using this word.

However, I just watched another thread's YouTube of the 2000 Orange Bowl coin toss and not only did our team have it, as well as our fans, but more importantly Nole KNEW IT.

We have high expectations, as usual, this year. Still, I think a return to expressed confidence and a cocksure attitude on the field would just be another way of showing there's only One.

The team has leadership, and although Landry isn't likely to be demonstrative in his role, the Haka filmed in the first practice almost made me yell at my computer screen. We have the team that can wither their opponents.
Our intimidation needs to wash over all the land, not just the green field of Owen.

Stake a claim at Doak Campbell, the Cotton Bowl, roll up Rustoleum and dry up that smelly swamp in New Orleans. Land Rush 2011 isn't just going to be in Oklahoma.

I'm not talking to Joe Fan here...this is directed to the team. (indirectly, I suppose)

It's time to once again be THAT Oklahoma.

Boomer

olevetonahill
8/23/2011, 06:21 PM
:fat:

C&CDean
8/23/2011, 07:00 PM
I'm watching the whole ESPN deal. I'm ****ing stoked.

yermom
8/23/2011, 07:02 PM
Land Rush 2011 isn't just going to be in Oklahoma.

heh

Stooper
8/23/2011, 07:27 PM
The thing that I have noticed the most so far, is that Bob seems to have back that same swagger he had when he first started here. He knows we are good, and he is not reserved about it like he has been in some years passed. I can't wait to get it started!!
Boomer!!

tcrb
8/23/2011, 08:32 PM
HELL YEAH!!!!!!

TMcGee86
8/23/2011, 08:33 PM
http://www.temptalia.com/images/fall2010/oldspice_swagger.jpg

madillsoonerfan5353
8/23/2011, 09:35 PM
I'm watching the whole ESPN deal. I'm ****ing stoked.

THIS^^^^^ "we take a backseat to no one when it comes to championships". Coach Stoops and this team has that SWAG! I'm ****ing juiced!!!

SunnySooner
8/23/2011, 09:44 PM
I wanna swagger my behind to the Big Easy reaallly bad, from what I've seen of this team, confidence doesn't seem to be an issue, nor should it be, we got some playas, y'all. BUHRING, IT, BABY!!!!! ;)

WE ARE dirtburglars
8/23/2011, 11:21 PM
dada da da da dada da