PDA

View Full Version : LHN gets shot down again.....

Salt City Sooner
8/23/2011, 06:01 PM
No H.S. highlights allowed either:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/college_sports/longhorns/article/UT-TV-won-t-have-prep-highlights-2136588.php

PLaw
8/23/2011, 06:06 PM
So, what's the next button they are going to push? Or, having a HS coaches' show featuring their top recruits head coaches. Sounds like the NCAA is going hold firm on not airing any HS sports (football, basketball, or other). Believe, today's logical decison will not be the end of the extent that * will seek to use their new, little toy.

BOOMER

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/23/2011, 06:21 PM
Poor Bevo :(

47straight
8/23/2011, 11:12 PM
Yup. The problem is that if allowed they wouldn't just show highlights like the 10 o'clock news. They'd show 2 hours, 15 minutes of a 2:30 long game.

XingTheRubicon
8/24/2011, 08:22 AM
pretty much **** you texas

silverwheels
8/24/2011, 08:27 AM
Texas would have been better off not starting that network for all the trouble it's causing.

sooner518
8/24/2011, 08:29 AM
“Youth programming, which would include highlights, is not allowed,” the NCAA’s Erik Christianson wrote in an email to the San Antonio Express-News.
Last week, an ESPN spokesman said highlights “in the context of news coverage” were “obviously a completely separate matter, and we plan to report on high school athletics in a way that is relevant to the audience.”

these guys are so full of crap. how on earth are highlights in the context of news coverage "obviously a completely separate manner"?

prrriiide
8/24/2011, 08:32 AM
Not so much a bomb as an albatross.

47straight
8/24/2011, 03:47 PM
Texas would have been better off not starting that network for all the trouble it's causing.

Getting paid millions just to show your volleyball games is not bad.

I only care because I don't want to pay the increased cable bill just to see whorn volleyball.

bluedogok
8/24/2011, 09:19 PM
Getting paid millions just to show your volleyball games is not bad.

I only care because I don't want to pay the increased cable bill just to see whorn volleyball.
I bet ESPN backs out of the deal, you know there are out clauses out the wazoo in that contract for both sides. Since they haven't found a carrier for it (two days before going "live") and much of the content they hoped to show is being excluded by the NCAA I think it may end up being a one year thing or they bargain basement to get it carried instead of the $4.80 per subscriber/year for it.

ouflak
8/25/2011, 01:56 AM

Agreed. You've got to think some of that load of contractual outs they (and ESPN) have left themselves are starting to look more and more appealing.

BudSooner
8/25/2011, 06:40 AM
I bet ESPN backs out of the deal, you know there are out clauses out the wazoo in that contract for both sides. Since they haven't found a carrier for it (two days before going "live") and much of the content they hoped to show is being excluded by the NCAA I think it may end up being a one year thing or they bargain basement to get it carried instead of the $4.80 per subscriber/year for it.THIS is the best part, all of that talk about all the Texas alums across the country who would jump at the chance to get the service.

EatLeadCommie
8/25/2011, 07:21 AM
Thank God for the NCAA in this case... I believe the BXII, sans aTm, all voted to allow UT to show HS highlights. That would include OU.

cleller
8/25/2011, 07:31 AM
The LHN is starting to look like Snoopy's Sopwith Camel.