PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to new vBookie (help badger out please)

badger
8/23/2011, 06:00 PM
Please provide feedback. Or just participate. I'll take both as suggestions to continue what I'm doing where I see the most participation and feedback.

Please don't bet all of your vCash on one event. If you go broke, I don't know what happens, so talk to Phil I guess. Or wait and see. Perhaps it'll magically appear again.

Please save private betting for later. Like I said, I'm watching how much people are participating to figure out what to do. Save your competitive urges for during football season, not these offseason practice rounds.

I think that about covers it. Welcome back, vBookie!

ouflak
8/24/2011, 06:37 AM
It's going to be great! There was time when a Google search on vBookie turned up this forum as the top result. Hope we get there again!

SicEmBaylor
8/24/2011, 12:06 PM
I'm saving my vCash for the green and gold, but I'm totally in. Looks like fun.

GottaHavePride
8/24/2011, 09:23 PM
Um, old vBookie mods never die, they just... stop doing ****?

Good on yer, badj.

Sooner95
8/27/2011, 08:40 PM
I love vBookie! Thanks for bringing it onboard!

StoopTroup
8/28/2011, 12:24 PM
Isn't this a man's job? :D

StoopTroup
8/28/2011, 12:26 PM
BTW...I can't bet. It does look fun though.

EDIT 8/23: Of course, site sponsorships are now gone, so you should be able to bet. ~baj

StoopTroup
8/29/2011, 03:43 PM
^ BTW...that's feedback.

badger
8/29/2011, 09:44 PM
I have no idea why you can't vBet, but I can assure you it wasn't the sexist comment, hehe.

Make sure you're viewing an open event, not one that's already closed/settled. If you still can't vBet, PM a real Modador :D

StoopTroup
8/30/2011, 01:23 AM
Don't worry about it. I'm gonna go bet on another board. Good luck this year.

badger
8/30/2011, 01:58 PM
I asked a real mod to help you out. You should totally vBet here as well as Land Thieves (I assume that's where you're headed since I've seen you there before, hehe). My silly options are going to be waaaaay sillier than anything they come up with!

StoopTroup
8/30/2011, 10:17 PM
I don't think Land Thieves allows me to post there, but I do appreciate you trying to get my problem fixed here.

OULenexaman
8/31/2011, 01:58 PM
took me a bit to figure it out....it works. Now if I could just hit one of those 11,000 pay out vBooks....that's vInsane.

badger
8/31/2011, 03:34 PM
Rus bet sll 500 on a 23 to 1 longshot... the tulsa shock actually winning a game.

If you're looking for similar potential payout, check out thursday college football, the tulsa september stuff or the second shock thing. I am pretty sure all of those have some highish odds attached

badger
9/1/2011, 11:13 AM
I am going to try help everyone through this that hasn't had the joys of vBetting yet.

First of all, know how much vCash you have. You should have started with 500. You can find it under your profile here:

http://i53.tinypic.com/33m8mls.png

Next, you will want to find some events to vBet on. You can find this in one of two places. The easiest is at the top of the screen under "vBookie" here:

http://i56.tinypic.com/2yttrty.png

You can also view these events under "The Sports Book" forum, but I recommend the vBookie button instead.

Next, make sure you're just viewing "open" events. These are ones that still open for vBetting:

http://i54.tinypic.com/2ihwmkj.png

Let's vBet on an open event. Click "Thread" on one of the open events.

http://i56.tinypic.com/205f72p.png

A few things I'd like to bring your attention to on the below screenshot: The odds of the event will tell you how much a winning bet will pay (3/1 will pay three times what you bet, 1/3 will pay one-third of what you bet, plus give your original bet back). The event also reminds you how much vCash you have. The event also tells you if you can bet on more than one option. Keep in mind that if you can only bet once, you can't come back later and vBet more money on the same option, I don't think. So, choose wisely!

http://i54.tinypic.com/6zn11d.png

Let's wager some vCash. Simply type in the amount you want to bet. Since this is a multiple betting event, you can place bets on both Option A and Option B.

http://i53.tinypic.com/316s27m.png

Don't forget to hit "Bet now!" You can also click the box for a "private bet" if you don't want others to know what you vBet.

That's it! I'll pay you (or keep your vCash if you lose) after the event ends.

http://i56.tinypic.com/1zpnsqb.png

When an event is settled, the winning bets will be shown "WIN!" on the event threads as the above screenshot shows.

Feel free to ask questions on particular events on "The Sports Book" forum or PM.

badger
9/5/2011, 10:41 AM
I'm vSorry, everyone.

I must admit that I am not very familiar with point spreads. So to avoid confusion in the future, I will type out what the spread is and how you can win the option.

If the game hits the spread on the dot, I will honor the occasion by paying out both sides.

I hope you will vForgive me for my vMistakes of this past Saturday with this vApology event:

Link (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?158480-9-8-Pokes-host-Mike-Stoops-Arizona-Cats&p=3333206#post3333206)

Huge payouts across the board, some of which you can be assured payout with 99.999999 percent certainty.

badger
9/11/2011, 03:26 PM
A word on strange rulings after a game is over by a conference (read: Pac 12 overruling a ref decision to give a touchdown to USC):

The decision of the modadors, whether it be me, or flak, or anyone else, is final. This is not me being a hardnosed beyonce, this is the way the system is setup. Once I hit "settle," there is no reset button, or undo option, or ability to refund vCash. Thus, I'm pouring over the winning list multiple times, because once the decision is made, I can't change it.

So, for all future Pac 12 ref blown calls, or conference rulings that change the outcome of the game, please keep this in mind: The vBookie events are settled once and can't be revised later. Sorry :(

PS: No, didn't make any mistakes, but if one did result, explaining why I wouldn't be able to do anything about it :)

badger
9/13/2011, 10:58 AM
By the same token, your vBets are also final. Unless an event is canceled, vCash does not get vRefunded. You cannot take back vBets already placed. In the case of events that only allow one vBet, you cannot place a second vBet on a later date (including another vBet on the same option).

So, your vBet = FINAL!

Modador vDecisions = FINAL!

Why? That's just the way vBookie is.

jaux
9/14/2011, 01:55 PM
I cannot bet using Droid app. Should I be able too?

badger
9/14/2011, 02:17 PM
I have never tried that. Let me try it on mine.

badger
9/14/2011, 02:20 PM
you're right i don't see any options on it. bother phil :D

BigTip
9/18/2011, 01:04 PM
Competitive me wants to know if there are rankings of vBookie players available.

SoonerofAlabama
9/18/2011, 01:12 PM
Competitive me wants to know if there are rankings of vBookie players available.

I think I win.

Lott's Bandana
9/18/2011, 01:52 PM

Sort of.

Go to the vBookie forum. There is a small tab on top that says "bet statistics". It lists a few interesting data points, but not a complete stats run.

BigTip
9/18/2011, 02:25 PM
I think I win.

'tis early amigo! Much season left.

badger
9/18/2011, 03:34 PM
The vHouse WAS ahead till this past weekend. CLEARly, we need to do more to take away your vCash. Look for more opportunities for you all to vLose in the near future. :mad:

Lott's Bandana
9/18/2011, 03:36 PM
vLOL

ratherthanlater
9/27/2011, 10:21 PM
I desperately need something to blow some of this vcash on. Can we get a vitty bar so I can make it vrain?

badger
9/29/2011, 09:07 AM
New vRules!

1- If you have less than 500 vCash and I post a new event, you will get reset to 500 automatically. This will deter vBrokeness and vPoorness :)

2- This is already an existing rule, but just to reinforce it: All vBets are final. No takebacks! No refunds! No do-overs. You cast your vBet, your vBet is FINAL! This is because we haven't figured out any way to undo vBets yet, heh.

3- All vModador decisions are final. Once vBets are settled, there's no going back and correcting, so haggling does no good. This is because we haven't figured out a way to undo vSettlements, either, heh.

Penguin
10/9/2011, 06:35 PM
I think I need to declare vBankruptcy.

badger
10/9/2011, 06:57 PM
I think I need to declare vBankruptcy.

When you go vBroke:

1- Wait until flak or badger post a new vBookie event.

2- You will receive a vWelfare check of 500 vCash.

3- If you have less than 500 vCash at the time of a new event posting, your vCash amount will magicially rise to 500 vCash.

In other words, it is in your best vInterest to go vBroke as often as possible because you'll get vWelfare for free. Please use that opportunity to try out other events besides the weekly OU football game :)

nighttrain12
1/29/2012, 11:52 PM
Looking forward to betting on late Monday nights Thunder/Clippers game!

badger
1/30/2012, 08:28 AM
Looking forward to betting on late Monday nights Thunder/Clippers game!

Unfortunately bball game lines usually aren't out until the day of the game so those you have to check back often for, unlike football that are usually out a week in advance.

nighttrain12
3/5/2012, 04:34 PM
A lot of Thunder games coming up in the next week (and 2 months).

badger
3/6/2012, 10:26 AM
I've been slacking lately and I apologize. I'll try my best to get tons of pro/college basketball games up these next few madness weeks.

Lott's Bandana
3/7/2012, 05:26 PM
Thunder tonight?

Lott's Bandana
3/9/2012, 03:48 PM
OKC - Cavs

OKC -13 +-203

Tonight!

nighttrain12
4/7/2012, 09:03 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/odds/pointspread;_ylt=Ak2YVj6eBA2cTF1yEBfWWDUnWaB4?day= 2012-04-08&pg=1

Thunder are currently a 13 point favorite at home against the Toronto Raptors. Over/under is currently 197 points.

Gametime is 6pm on Sunday the 8th.

nighttrain12
4/10/2012, 10:45 PM
Blake's Clippers vs. Kevin's Thunder play in OKC on Wednesday night at 7pm. Be there or be square.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/odds/pointspread;_ylt=ArJM_I81JqY.8ig9I_pBDUknWaB4?day= 2012-04-11&pg=1

Thunder are an 8 point favorite. Over/under is 196 1/2.

ouflak
4/12/2012, 04:25 AM
Little surprised you didn't bet!