PDA

View Full Version : vBookie open for vBetting

badger
8/23/2011, 04:04 PM
Phil asked me to promo this on a few other boards, so thought I'd let you all know that vBookie is vOpen for vBetting with your vCash, so get your vBets in!

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv. Ok, now I have that letter outta my system :D

I would kindly ask that you not make your bet private just yet, because I am trying to gauge interest in what you all want to bet on. The most bets I see, the more people I see participating, that's the type of events I'll try to do more of in the future.

Or, you can just tell me what you want to vBet on.

As there are no longer site sponsorships, vBookie is open to everyone.

I am not at liberty to discuss what happens when you run out of vCash, so please direct those questions toward a real Modador, aka Phil. I highly recommend not betting everything you have, as I've just started volunteering with this, and don't know how soon everything will come crashing down in a vMess, causing me to get vBanned.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv. Sorry.

Please check out the vBookie asap. It is the tab at the top between Forums and Blogs.

ouflak
8/24/2011, 02:26 AM
Awesome news!!!!!

badger
8/24/2011, 05:00 AM
Congrats to our MLB winners, especially Boomer for betting the farm on the Rockies who came through for him yesterday.

I am about to leave for vCation, so don't plan to start any new events, but there's multiple ones that are still open for betting that close in the next week/next few days.

rekamrettuB
8/24/2011, 08:52 AM
I don't see any place to place wagers...or do I need some cash or something?

ouflak
8/24/2011, 12:28 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?24-The-Sports-Book

badger
8/25/2011, 09:29 AM
New events posted at Sports Book/vBookie for MLB games today (you can vBet till noon) and the first college football games of the season. Yes, September is almost here. As I already noted, just pick the winners, don't worry about point spreads just yet. I'll probably do more of that when I'm outta Seattle, hehe.

You can also vBet on tons of other open events, including tonight's NFL games (I think those are open till either 5 or 6 tonight).

Check out vBookie at the top of the site between Forums and Blogs. Or visit The Sports Book forum. Provide feedback! Or just participate. That'll tell me what events you want more of

Peach Fuzz
8/26/2011, 08:14 AM
Get some bets in.. tryna get paid

Peach Fuzz
8/26/2011, 08:44 AM
Do you come up with the bets yourself? If so, would you take suggestions?

badger
8/27/2011, 12:41 AM
I would absolutely take suggestions. If the suggest is to move faster and stop slacking, keep in mind I am on vCation, so vBookie is not a huge priority. It is also already Saturday back in Oklahoma, so I'm sure that means that I can't be a very good vBookette for that reason till I get back.

I have added Saturday, Sunday and Monday NFL preseason games. Not sure when I'll be able to add more, but please feel free to send suggestions, comments, complaints, etc. You can't hurt my feelings, I promise, because I'm not a real Modador. And I'm on vCation.

badger
8/27/2011, 09:39 AM
I just vPaid someone more than 11k this morning! vBookie will soon be outta vBusiness if you don't start betting!

badger
8/28/2011, 09:39 AM
I just put up the final NFL preseason games, which are Thursday and Friday. You'll have up till the first one starts (5:30 Thursday night, 9:30 Friday night) to vBet.

Tons of other stuff now open. I'll get the Saturday college games up either Monday or Tuesday with those beloved point spreads that you all crave. For now, just pick winners.

badger
8/29/2011, 10:57 PM
You may now vBet on Saturday college football games at The Sports Book forum or simply by clicking that "vBookie" button at the top of the window.

There are three separate events, one for OU-Tulsa alone, one for Big 12 games (I included traitors Nebby and Colorado) and one for the other major games around the country.

Please note that some of the vBookie bets are based on point spreads this time, not just winning/losing the game.

Peach Fuzz
8/29/2011, 11:01 PM
Guess I'll have to look up points and spread crap before betting... I have no clue how that stuff works. Might screw myself.

badger
8/29/2011, 11:27 PM
OK here's how it works.

If you + after a team, that's how many points they're supposed to win by.

If you see - after a team, that's how many points they're expected to lose by.

For example the line for OU is

Tulsa @ OU -21.5

This means that OU is expected to win by at least 21.5 points... you can round that up to 22, hehe.

If you bet on OU -21.5, then in order to win that bet, OU must defeat Tulsa by 22 or more points for you to win. If Tulsa loses by, say, 20, it's a moral victory of sorts for them, and definitely victory for those who chose Tulsa on the point spread.

Make sense? Hope so. Point spreads should be easier to understand when you look at them, especially these early creampuff games.

badger
8/30/2011, 03:18 PM
I also put up Sunday's SMU @ A&M game, as well as a second and final Tulsa Shock event, because lo and behold, they actually won again, two in a row, wtf, and have the chance of actually not being the worst WNBA team in history at this point.... a chance.

badger
9/1/2011, 11:18 AM
For those still struggling to understand vBookie, I have posted screenshots that should lead you through the process step by step on this thread here. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?157810-Welcome-to-new-vBookie-%28help-badger-out-please%29)

You can vBet on Thursday NFL and college football games through tonight (5 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. are the cutoff times, which is when the first games are scheduled to start).

badger
9/2/2011, 09:04 AM
All Thursday events settled. You should now have some vCash to spare for Friday events. You have till 6 p.m. tonight for the college football games and till 9:30 p.m. for the late NFL game.

badger
9/3/2011, 11:42 AM
You can vBet till gametime (that's 7 p.m.!) on vBookie. Follow easy-to-follow instructions in my sig line if you're new to vCash.

badger
9/4/2011, 12:18 PM
I just added Thursday's opening NFL regular season game, a longterm Super Bowl vBetting option, and the Thursday night Poke game (complete with uber fun options based on their recent abysmal blowout... NOT an oxymoron).

You can also vBet on SMU/A&M until 6:30 p.m. tonite when the game is scheduled to start... or the Miami/Maryland game tomorrow till their kickoff.

badger
9/5/2011, 10:37 AM
I feel so bad about the confusion of the point spreads during opening weekend that I hope you will vForgive me by trying your hand at the very generous odds in the Arizona/Oklahoma State Thursday night game.

Link (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?158480-9-8-Pokes-host-Mike-Stoops-Arizona-Cats&p=3333206#post3333206)

I promise to use this as a vLearning experience and type out who is favored and by how much, rather than show everyone how little attention I've paid to Vegas and point spreads in the past.

I would also like to admit another vMistake... if there is a whole number for a point spread in the future, I will pay out both sides if the score hits it right on the dot again (like Texas Tech winning by 40).

Hopefully this is an amicable solution... if not, I will consult the real Modadors.

:(

ouflak
9/5/2011, 11:32 AM
I would also like to admit another vMistake... if there is a whole number for a point spread in the future, I will pay out both sides if the score hits it right on the dot again (like Texas Tech winning by 40).
:(

Well, that's not really a mistake. There just doesn't seem to be an obvious way to settles pushes. I think paying out both sides is a great idea. More vBucks for everybody who gets that lucky!

cccasooner2
9/5/2011, 12:03 PM
Well, that's not really a mistake. There just doesn't seem to be an obvious way to settles pushes. I think paying out both sides is a great idea. More vBucks for everybody who gets that lucky!

Why not just get your money back (less the vig naturally)?

ouflak
9/5/2011, 12:15 PM
Why not just get your money back (less the vig naturally)? If you know the buttons to push (pun not intended), then let us know. Google didn't turn up anything and we're still learning this vBookie mod stuff.

badger
9/5/2011, 12:18 PM
By request, I have added the Sunday/Monday NFL opening weekend football games, with lines (hopefully!) CLEARLY drawn on how I will vPay and determine vWinners.

I will add more college football games soon... I had difficulty finding lines for em yesterday.

cleller
9/5/2011, 04:26 PM
Just had to mention I really enjoy this. I'm a non gambler, tightwad dullard. I made $15. Got to up those bets some.

badger
9/5/2011, 06:13 PM
It's OK to be a tightwad. I was very nervous for SicEm at the end of the Baylor game... he bet the farm on Baylor and TCU was making a strong comeback! Doesn't vBookie make those nosebleed Thursday games more fun? :D

As such, I have now added Friday and Saturday college football games to vBookie for your vBetting pleasure. The few Big 12 events are separate from the other Saturday events so you can see how many teams we really have on bye this week... a lot!

badger
9/6/2011, 09:07 AM
I settled last night's Maryland thriller over Miami. Seeing all of that rain elsewhere in the country made me jealous :mad:

You have a few days to get in vBets for the longterm Super Bowl pick, the Thursday night college and NFL games (Pokes/Zona, Packers/Saints). Then, there's Friday games (Mizz/AzSt, Lville/FIU). Saturday, tons of vBetting options on college football, followed by tons of NFL options on Sunday (and MNF games with Pats and Denver/Raiders).

For English soccer fans, also have the Tottenham and Manchester United games up for vBetting. :)

badger
9/7/2011, 07:55 AM
If you couldn't vBet yesterday try today. There were some issues with permissions for new groups. Phil fixed! Yay!

badger
9/8/2011, 11:22 AM
Your vDeadlines tonight are as follows:

6 p.m. to vBet on Packers/Saints/Obama. Yes, I just added Obama stuff in dishonor of him preempting pregame. The line is Packers by 4. :D

7 p.m. to vBet on Poke/Arizona. The line is Pokes by 7 (yes, an earlier line, take advantage if you really have vConfidence in Gundy et al).

7:30 p.m. to vBet on longterm Super Bowl predictions. Bet on any of the top 16 teams, or the bottom 16 teams collectively for uber February reward.

You can also vBet on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday events in the NFL, college football and Premiere League Soccer.

badger
9/9/2011, 08:07 AM
You have till 7 p.m. tonight to vBet on Friday night college football games, including Mizz/Arizona State and FIU/Louisville. And, just for fun, I'm going to add the biggest game in all of Oklahoma, Jenks vs. Union, which is also tonight. Check vBookie in 5 mins.

Ton Loc
9/9/2011, 09:01 AM
Badger

If you don't want to worry about giving money back on a push just change all of the lines that are a whole number up/down a half point. We push all the favorites down a half point if needed in the picking pool at work. No one wants to deal with ties/pushes at the end of the season to figure out a winner.

Just a thought.

badger
9/9/2011, 10:16 AM
I don't mind paying everyone. Everyone goes away happy then :)

badger
9/9/2011, 02:42 PM
by the way, since most of you vBettors camp on this forum anyway, would you prefer that I do separate events for each game, or is it OK to group events by conference (big 12), by day (Friday college games), by ranking (top 25 saturday college games), etc?

It's easier for me to do one big event, but maybe you all would prefer individual events. Thoughts?

Ton Loc
9/9/2011, 03:50 PM
Do whatever is easist for you. This is free fun entertainment. Besides, I would like it if you had bigger groups instead of the small individual groups we have now.

badger
9/9/2011, 05:03 PM
Bigger groups... you mean you want me to add more options to each vBookie event, like I did for the Poke game last night? Or you just want me to allow you vBet on even more games?

Ton Loc
9/9/2011, 09:53 PM
I mean to throw all the football games together other than the ou game. Throw all the soccer, wrestling, marginal sports in one, and make a misc one full of fun stuff.

Something to that effect.

badger
9/10/2011, 08:49 AM
OK! thx

everyone else: Jenks/Union and Friday college events have been settled. You may have noticed that I changed some odds on some events. Do not be alarmed --- if you vBet before I changed them, you will get original odds payouts. However, in an effort to deter vBookie abuse and also to save you from vBetting on lost cause events, I upped the odds to crazy high levels on both the "ranked team beats unranked team" option and "big 12 remains undefeated" option... and the reason is because Mizzou sucks :D

badger
9/11/2011, 08:25 AM
All Saturday game events have been settled. Congrats to the winners, boo to me for vBetting so much on a ranked opponent beating an unranked one, only for them all to come up short across the board :mad:

I have placed several new events up, including NASCAR's Sprint Cup finalists for a semi-longterm vBet, OU sports teams other than football (I am of course going to do football later this week) and the oddball vBet that I am taking nominations for if you have anything that you think would be fun to vBet on. As was the case last week, if you are a vPenny pincher, then there is the vBank option, where you can deposit all of your vCash into one vBet and it will accrue 0.5 percent interest by Sunday :D

I may have to redo the oddball bet event, but I'm trying to convince the three that tried to pull a fast one that I shouldn't... I'll know by tomorrow. The theme for the rest of the season is NO FREE vCASH. You all are bleeding the vSystem dry enough as it is!

hornswaggled
9/11/2011, 11:32 AM
Bigger groups... you mean you want me to add more options to each vBookie event, like I did for the Poke game last night? Or you just want me to allow you vBet on even more games?

I would like to see you keep the chronological groupings as you have them, unless games can be settled individually inside each event group. The way it is now I can parlay any winnings from a prior, settled event to vbet on subsequent, open events. If you group all games together can they be settled as they are decided, or must we wait to parlay any winnings until the whole group event is settled?

I would like to see a choice available for the other side of an oddball vbet. For example, a yes choice for "unranked team beats ranked team" and a no choice for "unranked team beats ranked team".

Just my opinion FWIW. Thanks.

--
Hornswaggled

badger
9/11/2011, 02:19 PM
That's an interesting thought. I'll add another oddball option to this week's oddball one for the ranked/unranked one. Thanks!

Also, there's another reason why I like to group stuff together --- I can settle stuff at the end of the day or first thing in the morning, not constantly throughout the day. I don't live on SF.com, believe it or not :D

I might work with flak to make a more staggered approach happen in the future though.

hornswaggled
9/12/2011, 09:33 AM
That's an interesting thought. I'll add another oddball option to this week's oddball one for the ranked/unranked one. Thanks!

Also, there's another reason why I like to group stuff together --- I can settle stuff at the end of the day or first thing in the morning, not constantly throughout the day. I don't live on SF.com, believe it or not :D

I might work with flak to make a more staggered approach happen in the future though.

I chose a poor example to illustrate my suggestion. If the odds are 25/1 that 'unranked beats ranked" then odds would be 1/25 that "unranked does not beat ranked". A proposition with odds at 1/25 would likely get little or no play. However, if the proposition had 1/1 odds then an opposite proposition would make sense.

As for the groupings: I love the vbookie service, so I am all for doing whatever it takes to make it easier for you to continue.

--
hornswaggled

badger
9/12/2011, 11:12 AM
I have been adding in little oddball events here and there as they are suggested by viewers like you [/pbs] so please check that vEvent out throughout the week as more fun stuff pops up.

You can now vBet on all Thursday, Friday and Saturday college football games that I intend to put up, which includes:

1- The OU @ Florida State matchup.
2- The other Big 12 games on Friday and Saturday.
3- The Top 25 games on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

There are also various events open for the rest of the week, including the U.S. Open tennis final later today... I think that one starts at 3, so if you need more vCash for your weekend vBetting, there's opportunities to make more along the way.

Good luck!

IslandSooner
9/12/2011, 02:19 PM
badger, I would like to thank you for running the vBookie. It seems like a lot of effort on your part..... So THANKX:)

badger
9/12/2011, 02:29 PM
It's a labor of love thus far, but it seems like you're all having fun with it, so it's worthwhile.

Also, keep suggestions for oddball vBets coming. I've gotten them in spek/PM/thread posts thus far, any of em works fine. I'm up for virtually anything.

LVSOONER15
9/12/2011, 02:35 PM
The vBookie is pretty cool, another fun thing to do on this site.

badger
9/13/2011, 08:22 AM
You vBastards are bleeding me vDry with your big time vBets! :mad:

Therefore, it is time for you to give up all of your hordes of vCash with next week's NFL events on Sunday and Monday. Monday Night Football features OU's own Sam Bradford (and I guess technically CJ Ah You is playing as well) so I know you are going to all massively vBet for him. Right????

badger
9/14/2011, 12:51 PM
A reminder that early week vBets are almost due, including the non-football Sooner events (later this afternoon), the LSU-Miss State Thursday game (7 p.m. Thursday), the Friday night college games of Boise/Toledo and ISU/UConn (7 p.m. Friday) and of course, the oddball vBets must be in before the start of ESPN College Gameday (9 a.m. Saturday).

If you are an early bird, there might be a few more options on some vEvents thanks to message board suggestions. For example, think Kenny's gonna get his first 100-yard game this week? You can now vBet on this in the OU-FSU event!

badger
9/15/2011, 10:46 AM
I chose a poor example to illustrate my suggestion. If the odds are 25/1 that 'unranked beats ranked" then odds would be 1/25 that "unranked does not beat ranked". A proposition with odds at 1/25 would likely get little or no play. However, if the proposition had 1/1 odds then an opposite proposition would make sense.

As for the groupings: I love the vbookie service, so I am all for doing whatever it takes to make it easier for you to continue.

--
hornswaggled

Sometimes I give vBettors little gems like that to see if they're paying attention. I have drastically lowered the odds (but not my 1 in 10k I do for gimme options, hehe) for a ranked foe falling, because vBets on that have been pretty high. However, you can still get 2 to 1 vPayout on it.

As for the rest of you effing hillbillies [/coach cally], I highly recommend you check out the Thursday and Friday night games because you only have till 7 p.m. both nights to get your vBets in. LSU/Miss State is a major SEC matchup that you'll be watching anyway, might as well wager some play money on it :D

Tomorrow night's college football fun is the one we forget is still in a BCS conference (Iowa State) vs. our Fiesta Bowl victims UConn with their new coach, and in the other, Smurf Turfin' taking on we-nearly-beat-tOSU Toledo.

Lott's Bandana
9/15/2011, 10:51 AM
Sometimes I give vBettors little gems like that to see if they're paying attention. I have drastically lowered the odds (but not my 1 in 10k I do for gimme options, hehe) for a ranked foe falling, because vBets on that have been pretty high. However, you can still get 2 to 1 vPayout on it.

As for the rest of you effing hillbillies [/coach cally], I highly recommend you check out the Thursday and Friday night games because you only have till 7 p.m. both nights to get your vBets in. LSU/Miss State is a major SEC matchup that you'll be watching anyway, might as well wager some play money on it :D

Tomorrow night's college football fun is the one we forget is still in a BCS conference (Iowa State) vs. our Fiesta Bowl victims UConn with their new coach, and in the other, Smurf Turfin' taking on we-nearly-beat-tOSU Toledo.

Do the bettors that got in before you lowered the odds get the original payout like what happens in real life?

badger
9/15/2011, 11:01 AM
Yes. I've tested this before. I have also used this to avoid vCash grabs like the first week with Hammer playing :mad:

badger
9/15/2011, 11:17 AM
Also, if you are an Android app user like me, you have likely noticed that there is no way to vBet from your phone's SF.com app. Sorry.

badger
9/16/2011, 11:30 AM
Keep in mind that a few of your weekend vBetting deadlines approcheth. I will be out Saturday night, so ouflak has graciously volunteered to handle some of the vBet settling that I will not be able to get to right away.

TONIGHT: You have until 7 p.m. to vBet on the Boise/Toledo and ISU/UConn matchups. You can vBet on both the point spread and the over/under, which I just added in. You can also predict how fast the ESPN losers mention the Statue of Liberty :mad:

SATURDAY MORNING: You have until 9 a.m. to vBet on oddball fun and 11 a.m. to vBet on top 25 games. I think the Big 12 games deadline is 11:30.

SATURDAY NIGHT: You have until 7 p.m. to vBet on the OU/FSU game. If you vBet early this week, there is at least one new vOption for vBetting that I've added in since thanks to suggestions from viewers like you [/pbs]. There is also a UFC event.

SUNDAY: NFL vBetting is vOpen till noon. This includes all NFL Sunday games, from the 3:15's to the night one. There is also Premiere League Soccer that morning, and even something I threw up about a month ago, the WWE PPV main event, lol. If you are a NASCAR fan, you can do a semi-longterm vBet on who will win the Sprint Cup.

MONDAY: You can vBet on non-football Sooner sports for the week, from volleyball to soccer to cross country to golf. When the Sooners win, you win! Also, Sammie and his Rammies take on The NY Little Bro Mannings in Monday Night Football.

badger
9/19/2011, 11:27 AM
Man, I had to vPay out sooooo much this past weekend that I'll never be able to afford my kid's college tuition... if I ever have kids. Lol.

That said, I need all of you to donate your vCash to Monday Night Football. Sam Bradford takes on Eli Manning and the Giants. You know you want to vBet for Sammie. YOU KNOW!

And you have till kickoff tonight to vBet!

cleller
9/19/2011, 02:43 PM
I love the V betting. Never cast a real bet in my life. Shoot fire, I'm up $165 now, just betting $10-20 here and there. And I'm not telling my wife, either!

I was told that for $1000 V Cash I can get a new VCR or shoe polisher. Get ready to dole out the swag, brother.

badger
9/20/2011, 08:27 AM
Flak has put up his first vBookie event, and it was the Mizzou game, so go massively vBet on his event!

You can also vBet on Thursday, Friday and Saturday college football games, including Top 25 and Big 12 games.

Just for fun, you can also vBet on the usual "oddball" not-football-but-kind-of event, as well as a new addition for after-football, the hangover vBet for stuff that usually happens or is announced by Sunday.

badger
9/21/2011, 12:08 PM
I am noticing a lot of posters pop up for reallignment and other discussions with the default start about of 500 vCash and that tells me something:

You're not all vBetting yet.

There are many reasons to try out vBookie, so I'll just stick with the main ones:

1- It's all about the football. It will make you care about the nosebleed games on Thursday and Friday. It will make you aware of the point spreads and the matchups more than anything else from around the conference and the top 25. It covers college, NFL and even that English futbol counterpart.

2- It'll make you look smarter. Sure, post counts show longevity when people see your profile, but vCash totals under your profile also add your extreme SF.com prestige.

3- It'll make you love sports even more. vBetting will make you think more about the teams, the key injuries, the strength of their schedules, everything. With events for other Sooner sports, you might just find yourself rooting for OU volleyball and soccer in the middle of football season.

4- It's just fun. Predict what Lee Corso will wear at the end of Gameday. Try to forecast how many touchdowns Landry will throw for. Will OU have even more first place votes than they already do when the Sunday polls come out? It's all there!

Just try it! You will like it! I vPromise!

badger
9/22/2011, 11:50 AM
There's a football game tonight! Go vBet on it up till kickoff!

Also, I have added a mega-longterm vBet on which team wins the NHL Stanley Cup that you can vBet until Oct. 6 on, the start of the NHL season.

badger
9/23/2011, 09:18 AM
Deadlines approacheth for this weekend's vBookie fun!

Tonight, there is of course BYU's little attempt at being in the national spotlight that you can bet on till their kickoff. An audition for the Big 12, perhaps?

Saturday, you have tons of fun vOptions!

- The traditional oddball fun by 9 a.m. (Corso's headgear, the weather, the bottom 10, you name it)
- Top 25 games by 11 a.m.
- Hangover by 1 p.m. (a new feature that allows you to predict what the polls will say Sunday, among other things)
- Big 12 by... 2:30 I think (including KSU traveling to Miami... oh boy)
- OU hosting Mizzou by 7 p.m. (point spreads, over/under, other Sooner fun)

Sunday/Monday will have NFL games, as well as another slightly new feature, non-football Sooner sports events for the week. If you are unfamiliar with that one, whenever OU wins, you win. Covers everything from cross country to tennis to volleyball. Check it out!

Again, you have till the first week in October to longterm vBet on NHL's Stanley Cup winner.

Thank you all for participating! If you haven't tried it yet, check my sig for step-by-step on how to get started!

badger
9/24/2011, 10:24 AM
btw, you effing hillbillies [/billc] still have time to vBet on today's college football games. In fact, you have till kickoff at 7 p.m. tonite for the OU-Mizzou event.

If you have not idea what I'm talking about, click the link in my avatar. The SF.com vBookie is the most football fun you'll have here outside of actually talking about football.

cccasooner2
9/24/2011, 01:53 PM
Having trouble with your compulsion to vBetting? Call (555)555-5555 and talk to Peggy.

Blue
9/24/2011, 03:22 PM
Great job, Badger. That's got to be alot of work.

Go bet folks!

badger
9/24/2011, 03:35 PM
Flak is helping too. Be sure to thank Flak as well!

ouwasp
9/24/2011, 03:38 PM
I did a couple of vbets the other day, so you don't need to neg spek me any more... :)

Blue
9/24/2011, 03:40 PM
Thanks Flak! Good jorb.

badger
9/24/2011, 11:43 PM
Yo dudes... vBookie has an event for those of you that can't cheer enough for the Sooners during football season.

The non-football Sooner sports event closes early tomorrow thanks to some of our other sports competing all day Sunday. get your vBets in now!

This covers EVERY fall sport (except rowing till I figure out how to include them too), like tennis, soccer, golf, volleyball and cross country. It is totally awesome and might make you actually realize that we have some other pretty awesome programs going during football season too.

Of course, if you just can't get enough football, there's also NFL events for Sunday and Monday, and even another college game on Sunday with Hawaii.

cleller
9/25/2011, 07:40 AM
I'm with Badger, here. I look at people's avatar's and see that 500 v cash, and feel like I should shake them and tell them to get over to V betting, and try it out.
I'm still just a small time better, but sure look forward to it every week.

Someday when I have grandkids, they may be able to go to V College now.

badger
9/25/2011, 07:45 AM
You people are taking me to the vCleaners on vBookie. 50 to 1 payout on the Big 12 being undefeated still?! Who in their right mind thought that KSU would pull off a road victory over a Miami team that just beat tOSU?!?! I was vPaying nearly 75k out to everyone that took that option, 25k to just one guy :mad:

I'm personally vSpitting on every 50th vDollar paid out this weekend :mad:

:D Now... who wants to fund the vBroke vBookie by placing more vBets? :D

deweydw
9/26/2011, 08:49 AM
I'm all out of vcash... :sorrow:

badger
9/26/2011, 12:29 PM
Flak and I were holding our breath waiting for Tech to blow it at Nevada... but instead, we bit our lip and paid you 50 to 1.

So you think that would deter me from putting up a large vBet this weekend, right?

WRONG!

You can top even last week's richie riches by making 100 to 1 vPayout on something even less likely than an overturned ref call in Miami on a goalline stand that resulting in KSU getting the upset.

And that... is entirely up to you whether you want to take that chance. Check out vBookie's oddball event for details.

You can also vBet on Big 12's Saturday games (not OU yet, should have it up soon), as some longer term fun involving the NHL and the two OU basketball teams. You can also look ahead a week and bet on non-football Sooner sports for the week of Oct. 2.

So... am I crazy for putting up 100 to 1 odds? Yes. Are you crazy enough to vBet on a highly unlikely outcome just for the chance at 100 to 1 payout? Show me.

kevpks
9/26/2011, 01:03 PM
I'm all out of vcash... :sorrow:

I'm coming off a winning weekend, but what happens if we run out of vcash? Can we get a marker? Work off our debt through digital slave labor?

badger
9/26/2011, 01:58 PM
If you are in vLimbo, send Phil a PM. He's the real modador, not me :D

I thought default was that if you ran out, you got reset to 200, but if you have vBets pending, you might have to wait till your vBets either win or lose before that happens, not sure.

badger
9/27/2011, 08:15 AM
I decided to give you something to during the usual Tuesday-Wednesday hiatus between Monday Night Football and Thursday night's college football games. On Wednesday, live on ESPNU, the Sooner volleyball team hosts stupid Texas. Carlee Roethlisberger (if you haven't heard of her, surely you've heard of her brother) got another year of college just to join this team. The only other thing I know about them is that they are indeed ranked... but so is Texas, yes.

Pick a winner, get vCash!

Other events for this weekend/other days are starting to get posted as well, so check it out! :D

ouflak
9/27/2011, 08:33 AM
OU - Ball State game is up.

badger
9/28/2011, 08:40 AM
For ONE NIGHT ONLY (unless there are play-in games tomorrow) I am giving you the opportunity to get interested in the wild card race for the MLB playoffs.

vBet on the final games tonight here! (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?160036-9-28-MLB-games-to-determine-playoff-spots)

There are four teams vying for two wild-card spots. If they end up tied after tonight, there will be a play-in game tomorrow afternoon.

You can also vBet on tonight's OU/Texas volleyball home matchup that will be televised at 7 p.m. on ESPNU.

Of course, there are also tons of college football events posted.

Go bet on baseball! It's what Pete Rose would do!

deweydw
9/28/2011, 11:51 AM
If you are in vLimbo, send Phil a PM. He's the real modador, not me :D

I thought default was that if you ran out, you got reset to 200, but if you have vBets pending, you might have to wait till your vBets either win or lose before that happens, not sure.

Mine hasn't reset. I don't have any vBets pending. And um, sorry, but who's Phil? :smile:

badger
9/28/2011, 11:56 AM
Mine hasn't reset. I don't have any vBets pending. And um, sorry, but who's Phil? :smile:

Click "home." Phil is the owner and operator of SF.com and does the road warrior reports and stuff. He's the overseer of all SoonerFans.com and stuff. :D

I have PM'd him on your behalf and asked what I should do for other future vCash woes.

As for the rest of you ---- get vBetting on the MLB games tonight! You only have till 6 p.m. Oklahoma time!!!!

Also get vBetting on the OU/Texas volleyball game! You only have till 7 p.m. tonight!!!!!

Finally, I have added NFL's weekend games to go along with all the rest of the football fun of the next many days.

deweydw
9/28/2011, 12:01 PM
Thanks Badger!! I'll try to make better vchoices on my vbetting from now von. :glee:

badger
9/28/2011, 12:42 PM
Overlord Phil has spoken!

I reset the system so that any time anyone is below 500 vCash and a new bet is added to the system, they will automatically get 500 in their account. So, the next bet you add, it should reset all the poor people to 500 and then that will happen automatically in the future.

Huzzah! You should all be able to vBet next time I add an event.

Soooo... I will go ahead and figure out some type of event to add, no matter how pointless... I KNOW! The WNBA playoffs! :P

EDIT: All of you that were vBroke or vPoor should now have 500. Thank Phil. And the WNBA Finals :D

PS: I am not planning on posting any more events till next Monday, so please vRation your vCash if you were just given this little vGift from Phil.

badger
9/28/2011, 06:00 PM
Baseball's about to start! Get your last-minute vBets in!

OU/Texas volleyball is open till 7.

badger
9/29/2011, 08:18 AM
With the MLB playoff picture set, I have placed vBookie events for MLB divisional series. It also caused me to realize how little I've learned about baseball over the years.

Me: You mean only 8 teams make the playoffs in the MLB?! No wonder I've been seeing the Brewers miss the postseason so much. Ah well. GO BREW CREW!

Hope your favorite team made it. Mine definitely did! :)

You have till Friday/Saturday to vBet on those divisonal matchups, depending on when game 1 of the series in (AL on Friday, NL on Saturday I think).

You can also vBet on a vast array of college football and NFL games from today through Monday.

badger
9/30/2011, 08:04 AM
Hey you all, I know it's only Ball State, but you should still be vBetting on the game here! (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?159984-OU-versus-Ball-State)

badger
9/30/2011, 04:56 PM
Only 35 vBets short of making Ball State the most vBet-event in SF.com recent history (since relaunch!)

C'mon people, get your vBookie on!!!!!!!

panhandlesooner
9/30/2011, 09:32 PM
I was going to vbet big today...but the Houston game kicked my butt>>>

sooner KB
9/30/2011, 09:34 PM
How come only some people got reset to 500? Blue has 2000.

badger
9/30/2011, 09:35 PM
Sorry man. Tough vBreak. I'll have new vEvents posted after the weekend so you'll have your vCash reset and stuff.

Also: Ball State is now 12 vBets away from setting the vRecord for vBookie's modern era history (since site relaunch).

badger
10/1/2011, 08:42 AM
Only ten vBets short of being the all-time (modern era) most bet event on vBookie!

Remember that you have till:

9 a.m. for oddball, Manchester United
11 a.m. for Top 25, Big 12 games
1 p.m. for hangover
6 p.m. for OU/Ball State
8 p.m. for UFC's main event

Sunday also has a wide array of NFL, Premiere League, non-football Sooner sports, etc. to vBet on.

Please vBet responsibly! But if you don't we'll reset you at 500 when we post more events next week.

Good vLuck!

badger
10/2/2011, 11:09 AM
All of the Saturday events are vSettled. Congrats to any vWinners out there (and there were tons for the Ball State events!).

You have till noon to vBet on the noon NFL games, and till 3 to bet on the later games (3:05, 3:15 and 7ish kickoffs tonight). There is also an extra special MNF event that not only includes the point spread and over/under, but three additional options for the Sooners expected to play, Brody Eldridge, Gerald McCoy and Davin Joseph. You have till 7:30 p.m. Monday for that.

For those of you that have gone vPoor or vBroke again, you will get a vWelfare check of 500 in the vMail as soon as we post a new vEvent.

badger
10/3/2011, 11:26 AM
All weekend events have been settled. We're gonna start posting next week's fun... in fact, the fun has already started!

The first oddball events, the OU-Texas event (which flak said he'll expand more this week) and three Sooners playing tonight in Monday Night Football are all available to vBet on currently. You can also do longterm vBets for the Stanley Cup winner and outlooks for the OU basketball teams!

More events coming, but as you vPoor and vBroke bettors have already discovered --- you get 500 vCash every time we post a new event if you have less than 500, so you should definitely vBet early and often to get in on this vWelfare! :D

ouflak
10/4/2011, 02:24 AM
OU/Texas bets are updated now with Over/Under as well as other tempting delectables.

badger
10/4/2011, 01:28 PM
Protip: Around this time of the week is when new events just sprout up like weeds over on vBookie, so if you are vPoor, go ahead and vBet it all and you might get a vCash gift from Phil before you know it.

As such you all should vBet on today's MLB games, the Top 25/Big 12/OU games on Saturday, as well as the Thursday/Friday college games.

I will likely add the NFL games later today, so get vBroke fast so you can get in on the vWelfare checks while you still can!

PS: Paid out 33k to someone this morning because GK got his first sack of the season. 33k! It's vPayouts like that, which should make you wonder why the eff aren't you getting in on the vBookie action, eh? Find out how in the link in my sig below.

badger
10/5/2011, 09:05 AM
You can now vBet on tonight's MLB games (Cards/Phillies, Brewers/DBacks) till 5 p.m.

There are also tons of weekend football events from Thursday-Monday to vBet on.

badger
10/5/2011, 12:38 PM
One more just posted: I looked at all of the Sooners in the NFL playing, thought of something cool they could do this week (unless they are injured or on bye week) and put it in an event together:

Link (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?160462-10-9-Sooners-in-the-NFL!&p=3362175#post3362175)

In case you didn't hear, Tommie Harris signed with the Chargers and is back in the NFL! :D He is among those included in this event.

CowboyMRW
10/5/2011, 01:43 PM
So even if I have over 10000 vdollars, if I bet it all by Wednesday morning, I get another 500 to bet. like an awesome deal.

badger
10/5/2011, 01:53 PM
Spend it all on the MLB event and I might consider posting another MLB event on Thursday... and yes, anytime flak or I post a new vEvent, everyone gets vWelfare in the form of 500 vCash if you have less than 500 vCash.*

* If you have 499 or less, you will be reset to 500. Therefore, if you have 499, you will have 500. If you have 0, you will have 500. Your previous standing vBets will all still stand.

Thus, it is in your very best vInterests to vBet early and often and vAbuse the system as much as you can. I encourage this, actually, because I like massive participation rather than people sitting on their vCash the entire week and not vBetting till the last second.

badger
10/6/2011, 11:56 AM
If you have not already spent it, you would have received another 500 this morning after I posted the MLB events for Thursday and Friday. Check em out if you haven't already done so.

As always, there is tons of football (both pro and college) to vBet on Thursday-Monday. Be sure to check out the new "Sooners in the NFL" event here! (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?160462-10-9-Sooners-in-the-NFL!)

badger
10/8/2011, 08:08 AM
Hi everyone. Happy Saturday! Happy 27k post for me!

I have just posted a new vEvent so all of you should have at least 500 vCash, even if you blew it all on Fresno State last night :O

9 am: Oddball fun. Predict upsets, what mascot Lee Corso will be, etc.
11 am: OU-Texas vBetting!
11 am: non-Big 12 and non-OU Top 25 matchups
1 pm: Hangover fun. Predict how the polls will react Sunday to what happens today.
2:30 pm: Big 12 games, not including OU-Texas.
6:30 pm: The Saturday MLB game (Detroit vs Texas)

Have fun, be safe, BEAT TEXAS! Hook em

badger
10/9/2011, 10:05 AM
The Saturday events are likely all vSettled, even baseball!

That means you all should have mountains of vCash to vBet on the NFL games, which I have split up as follows:

Noon: Only the noon games.
Noon: Predict if the Sooners in the NFL will get certain achievements today.
3 pm: Later today games, basically anything that doesn't start at noon.
7:30 pm Monday: Monday Night Football!

You can all vBet on baseball today, Pete Rose ;)

badger
10/11/2011, 11:49 AM
Bill Callahan would like to inform you effing hillbillies to stop throwing the proverbial oranges of conference reallignment and bashing Texas for a moment to vBet on vBookie.

The college football games Thursday-Saturday are posted, including OU @ KU, the Big 12 games, the Saturday Top 25 games, and the Thursday and Friday randomness ESPN seems to toss at us each week.

You can also vBet on baseball games today and Wednesday (and likely through the end of the week as soon as those game times are announced).

Your vBets keep the meltdown thread running! And there are sooooo many meltdowns around college football to enjoy :D

badger
10/13/2011, 09:14 AM
Your final football event of the weekend, back by popular demand, Sooners in the NFL has just been posted here. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?161015-10-16-Sooners-in-the-NFL&p=3370302#post3370302)

You can also vBet on a wide range of football starting tonight through Monday at the college and pro levels. There are also a few baseball events in there today and Friday, but I will hold off on posting more till we can see if the games are necessary or not.

You all made a killing on vBookie last weekend. Please don't make it two in a row ;)

deweydw
10/13/2011, 09:18 AM
Heck, I'm just trying to make one good week. :hopelessness:

badger
10/13/2011, 10:52 AM
Heck, I'm just trying to make one good week. :hopelessness:

Everyone's getting vRich except poor dewey. :P

Seriously, everyone is getting vRich. Here's a protip: Latch onto a high-paying event and sink a lot of vCash in it. If you lose, you'll get vWelfare and start over. If you win, you'll be vRich.

There's quite a few high-paying vBets posted to vBookie (100 to 1 that Kevin Wilson's Hoosiers finally win a damn game, just to name one) this week that could get you there. The odds are steep... but it's how everyone else is winning this vGame, it seems. Broke poor vBookie's vBank last week with a few of those events. :mad:

badger
10/14/2011, 12:00 PM
I slacked off and didn't post the Manchester United and Tottenham soccer matches till now. You only have till 6:30 a.m. tomorrow morning to get your ManU bets in, sorry... time zone crap, yknow...

You can now vBet on Saturday and Sunday MLB playoff games with the wins of last night extending both series at least another game or two.

You can also continue to vBet on MLB, college football and NFL games today through Monday. There's tons. Have fun. There's lots of vCash for vBookie to lose this weekend also!

Finally, if you are holding out for basketball season for some reason, you can plunk any spare vCash into the longterm bets for mens and womens basketball season through the end of the month.

I'd love to continue the recent trend of every OU football game topping the week before, so please especially look at the OU-KU football event :)

badger
10/17/2011, 01:36 PM
Guys, in the past two weeks, vBookie went from a vProfit-making venture to a vIndebtedness venture.

The SF.com vBettors are now full-out vWinning this vBookie game.

And it's now close.

You all are ahead by 600,000 at least after last weekend. The vRich are getting vRichers, the vMiddle Class are getting vRich, and the vPoor are getting vMiddle Class status via vWelfare or just vLuck.

So anyways, as I mentioned on the OU-Tech event, please enjoy the vGravy train while you can, and don't "OCCUPY vBOOKIE" when it ends, because it will.

But will it end this week?

You actually have a Tuesday college game to vBet on, which is already up. There are also Thursday and Friday games to vBet on.

As soon as MLB sets start times for the World Series games, I'll start adding those games too. They start Wednesday.

The OU-Tech event is already up.

Get vRich or vDie vTrying.

cleller
10/17/2011, 01:49 PM
If I had only added one zero to all my bets this week, I'd be in the v-money.

badger
10/18/2011, 08:23 AM
Someone suggested that I look at adding a special option tonight for a certain former Sooner receiver who might be the worst freestyle rapper on the planet. Yes SF.com, Josh Jarboe is still in college football and he's going to be on TV with Arkansas State tonight for Tuesday night college football. Ohhhhh boyyyyy...

Also, the first four games of the World Series are now up.

SunnySooner
10/18/2011, 10:05 AM
I wanna know where the damn vMall is, this vCash is burning a vHole in my vPocket!!!! I need to vSHOP!!!!

badger
10/18/2011, 10:27 AM
Maybe I can arrange for something later to be added as incentive for having tons of vCash. Till then, spend it on more vBookie events. Like OU basketball! You have till November to cast longterm vBets on both teams!

badger
10/20/2011, 02:11 PM
Would you all PLEASE check out flak's OU-Tech event?

Link (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?161226-OU-versus-Texas-Tech)

I know that you all have tons of vCash because I've been dishing it out like Halloween candy. There is no reason this late in the week that the Tech event isn't getting as many vBets as the past FIVE WEEKS of OU games.

SunnySooner
10/20/2011, 03:23 PM
OK, it's all gone, hope I win SOMETHING, it's scary vliving this close to the vEdge. :biggrin:

badger
10/20/2011, 03:32 PM
I'll post Monday night Football soon and you'll get vWelfare like everyone else (like me)

DCsooner22
10/20/2011, 04:18 PM
I just vBet for the first time ever on the Tech game. Not really sure what in the vHellz I am vDoing - just threw some vNumbers down - but we'll see what vHappens! (That strategy never actually really worked for me in Vegas, but I do play a mean game of poker when rocks are the currency...)

badger
10/20/2011, 04:19 PM
and look at that, you got 500 vCash back because I just posted a new event (vWelfare at work!)

ATX Sooner
10/20/2011, 04:32 PM
As the current vLeader in vCash, i just wanted to say vThanks for allowing me to get my vGambling vItch vScratched without having to use real vMoney.

Shouldn't I win a vT-shirt or something? v:-)

badger
10/20/2011, 05:04 PM
No, but I just gave you some green spek so that one day you might actually not be red. :P

ATX Sooner
10/20/2011, 05:34 PM
Thanks, Badger. I can thank OU_Sooners75 for all the red. Dude got twisted at something I said and proceeded to red spek every post of mine he could find. Ahh, such is life...

CowboyMRW
10/20/2011, 07:00 PM
Over a million. You sir are my role model for betting.

badger
10/21/2011, 10:53 AM
Thanks, Badger. I can thank OU_Sooners75 for all the red. Dude got twisted at something I said and proceeded to red spek every post of mine he could find. Ahh, such is life...

It happens. I just gave you more green. Now please, massively vBet on the Tech game. It's more than 300 vBets short of the KU game. THE KU GAME! That game even had more vBets than the Texas one...

ATX Sooner
10/21/2011, 12:40 PM
Thanks again, badger, but I gotta warn you, I tend to place a few big bets instead of a lot of small ones, so I don't know how helpful I will be in getting the bet total up.

Ton Loc
10/21/2011, 12:45 PM
Over a million. You sir are my role model for betting.

He makes my vmoney seem like vpennies.

badger
10/21/2011, 12:47 PM
Thanks again, badger, but I gotta warn you, I tend to place a few big bets instead of a lot of small ones, so I don't know how helpful I will be in getting the bet total up.

Dude, I am gonna impose a rich tax if you keep hording your vCash in your overseas vSwiss Bank accounts! :mad:

vRich create vJobs my arse...

badger
10/21/2011, 12:47 PM
Dude, I am gonna impose a rich tax if you keep hording your vCash in your overseas vSwiss Bank accounts! :mad:

vRich create vJobs my arse...

PS: And I just gave you back your freedom from red spekkness so you owe me!

ATX Sooner
10/21/2011, 01:44 PM
alrighty, then! thanks for liberating me from Red Hell! I feel like the citizens of Libya rejoicing because Gadhafi's demise.

I will adjust my betting strategy for this week just for you.

PS...what is the red star above the spec dots?

badger
10/21/2011, 01:56 PM
You get more stars as you post more often. Don't worry, you don't need 27k to get five stars... A real modador would probably know the answer to what star levels are for the number of posts.

ATX Sooner
10/21/2011, 03:17 PM
Hey badger...in honor of the suckitude that is Texas football, how about a long term wager on the number of school records either tied or broken by their opponents. For example, we tied our school record for the number of turnovers returned for touchdowns w/ 3. I believe there was also another one we tied or broke and I seem to recall announcers mentioning another school who did the same vs. our beloved horns.

Just a thought...

badger
10/21/2011, 03:28 PM
Longterm stuff really isn't that popular... people see you getting vRich fast and are trying to keep up I guess, hehehe.

However, I wouldn't mind doing that for future Texas games just as an added stipulation. They're on bye this week. Bye will break many records :mack:

ATX Sooner
10/21/2011, 03:58 PM
I promise to bet on those Texas props when you post them.

badger
10/23/2011, 09:12 AM
It might come as no surprise but vBookie's vDeficit is suddenly a big vProfit.

So, if you need to make up some lost ground or just need to take your mind off college football, NFL games for today and tomorrow are open for vBetting.

cccasooner2
10/23/2011, 12:58 PM
No Sooners in the NFL choices this week? Tommie got his 1st tackle as a Charger.

badger
10/23/2011, 01:10 PM
No Sooners in the NFL choices this week? Tommie got his 1st tackle as a Charger.

There wasn't a lot of participation. i'll try it again next week.

DCsooner22
10/23/2011, 01:44 PM
It might come as no surprise but vBookie's vDeficit is suddenly a big vProfit.

So, if you need to make up some lost ground or just need to take your mind off college football, NFL games for today and tomorrow are open for vBetting.

Amazingly enough... I actually made vMoney last night - have no idea how I did that. Part of the problem is, I can't remember what in the vHellz I vBet on the Tech game. Is there a way to go vBack and see what I did and didn't vWin on?

badger
10/23/2011, 05:27 PM
To check overall vBookie stats or your own bets, click the "vBookie" tab at the top of the page. From there, two additional options should appear right below the vBookie tab --- one for your own stats and one for the overall stats.

badger
10/24/2011, 08:33 AM
All NFL games are vSettled except for tonite's Monday Night Football.

You can now vBet on the final World Series games (Monday, Wednesday and Thursday)

badger
10/24/2011, 12:45 PM
It's that time of year where they have early week games to get on ESPN. There are both Tuesday and Wednesday games this week and you can now vBet on them both.

badger
10/25/2011, 09:00 AM
It's time to start winning again, folks!

You can all week with college football and World Series games!

There are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday AND Friday football games to vBet on this week!

There are also at least one more (possibly two) World Series games, Wednesday and Thursday (unless the rain says otherwise).

I also posted the Sooners in the NFL event early so that I don't forget! You have till Sunday at noon to vBet on that. EVERY Sooner in the NFL is featured somehow (unless they were on bye last week, in which case I still need to add them... or if they're on bye or injured).

All other events, you have till kickoff to vBet.

Of course... there's also a certain OU-KSU game this Saturday currently on vBookie that you might be interested in :D

badger
10/26/2011, 11:43 AM
The OU-KSU event has been expanded with additional fun options. You also vBet on:

- Sooners in the NFL
- The first OU mens/womens basketball games!
- Longterm OU mens/womens basketball vBets
- The Top 25 games Saturday
- All Big 12 games
- The Wednesday, Thursday and Friday college football games
- The final game (or two) of the World Series

In short, WHY ARE YOU NOT ON vBOOKIE?!?!?!

deweydw
10/26/2011, 11:49 AM
Everytime I get up by a good amount. I seem to lose it all on the next vbet. I gotta get a good vstreak going. :hopelessness:

badger
10/26/2011, 11:55 AM
I will be posting the NFL games later today. If you're timing's good, you might get a few rounds of vWelfare out of it :D

You'll at least get one round of vWelfare :)

deweydw
10/26/2011, 12:00 PM
I be looking for the vWelfare. But I will probably give it back by tomorrow. If it weren't for bad luck. I'd have no luck at all. Gloom, dispare and agony on me. :sorrow:

badger
10/26/2011, 12:05 PM
As you can see, SF.com, vBookie not only has those on the verge of 2 million in vCash, but also those in desperate need of vWelfare :D

oudavid1
10/26/2011, 12:18 PM
MOAR ODDBALL BETS!!!! :P

badger
10/26/2011, 12:26 PM
I think Bottom 10 is taking this week off? I was waiting for that. Ah well, I'll come up with something... Kevin Wilson and such... yeah...

oudavid1
10/26/2011, 12:37 PM
I think Bottom 10 is taking this week off? I was waiting for that. Ah well, I'll come up with something... Kevin Wilson and such... yeah...

i WILL KEEP COMING BACK FOR THOSE. BIG MONEY

Left my caps lock on. Too late now.

ATX Sooner
10/26/2011, 12:40 PM
As you can see, SF.com, vBookie not only has those on the verge of 2 million in vCash, but also those in desperate need of vWelfare :D

I plan on topping the 2 million mark this weekend. Too bad this isn't real money, though.

badger
10/26/2011, 02:21 PM
You should give advice to those on vWelfare... or do you like being the only millionaire :P

ATX Sooner
10/26/2011, 05:05 PM
I like being the only 1%-er. All you other peons can deal with it. ahahahahah!

SunnySooner
10/26/2011, 05:12 PM
Yeah, I got my vButt kicked. This is why shopping>>>>>>>>gambling. At least I have something cool to wear after I blow all my money!!!!

badger
10/26/2011, 05:33 PM
I just posted oddball. There are 1000 to 1 and 100 to 1 options.... but the odds of those actually paying out match their steep odds.

cccasooner2
10/26/2011, 08:13 PM
I just posted oddball. There are 1000 to 1 and 100 to 1 options.... but the odds of those actually paying out match their steep odds.

If one wants to bet OU to win, use the bet of an undefeated team (KSU) losing in the oddball thread. That way you don't have to give points in the OU/KSU thread.

badger
10/27/2011, 02:38 PM
If one wants to bet OU to win, use the bet of an undefeated team (KSU) losing in the oddball thread. That way you don't have to give points in the OU/KSU thread.

I have taken away your lucrative option. only 7 to 10 payout on that now. You best be supporting flak's event, yhear? :mad:

Also, you may now vBet on NFL weekend games, including a nice little event I like to call "Halloween Night Football." Will badger have over 100, or under 100 trick or treaters? Will one of them smash one of my pumpkins? Oh... and there's that Monday Night Football game too, lol :D

badger
10/28/2011, 10:51 AM
Game 7 for the World Series has additional options, thanks to suggestions by Ike:

Link (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?161615-10-27-Game-7-World-Series-Thursday)

You have till 7 p.m. tonite to vBet on baseball one last time!

There are also tons of OU basketball and college/NFL football events to vBet on.

In short, you should be there, not here :D

badger
10/31/2011, 11:55 AM
I have posted all random crappy (and some good) college football games for Tuesday-Friday. You have till the earliest kickoff of each night to vBet, which ranges from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.

You can still vBet on Halloween/Monday Night Football, including a few Halloween-related fun things. If you need help deciding whether our pumpkins are going to get smashed, there are two face pumpkins, a Spiderman one that looks sort of like this:
http://walyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/spiderman-pumpkin-face.jpg

And three "craft" pumpkins (made of thin foam) that survived last year's Halloween on our porch. They have Packer and Sooner logos... one is blank because we only have two fake candles :)

You can also (and I highly encourage it!) still vbet on our first OU mens and womens games of the season, as well as longterm vBetting fun. Your vBets for those are due 7 p.m. Tuesday (mens) and 7 p.m. Wednesday (womens)

cleller
10/31/2011, 12:51 PM
Taco and Mich State buried me last week.

badger
11/1/2011, 12:14 PM
All NFL events (including Sooners in the NFL) are vSettled.

You can bet on the OU football game already, as well as OMG LSU BAMMER. There will be other Saturday college football games posted soon.

In addition, all of the D-1 Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday college football games are already up. More importantly, the OU womens (tomorrow) and mens (tonight!) games are up :)

badger
11/2/2011, 08:49 AM
Saturday games are all posted now, as is the next OU mens basketball game (Sunday afternoon).

badger
11/6/2011, 07:46 PM
So after bemoaning the fact that vBookie was losing to you a few weeks ago... vBookie is now winning by nearly 4 million :D

An extra special thank-you to everyone who bet on the Chefs and Beefalo. This Snickers ad is for you:

Nmgice3ieZ4

CowboyMRW
11/6/2011, 07:51 PM
Damn OSU, that game took half my winnings

badger
11/6/2011, 10:06 PM
Save some for me to steal in December!

deweydw
11/8/2011, 09:26 AM
I'm happy to say that I am off of vWelfare. :applouse: (for now) Been making some good vbets so far. :triumphant:

badger
11/8/2011, 09:39 AM
You can now vBet on the crappy week games in college football that mostly are from the MAC conference, Tuesday-Friday. You can of course vBet (and join us in the basketball forum!) on OU mens and womens basketball games that are upcoming this Thursday and Friday (televised locally in OKC and Tulsa by Cox channel 3/703!).

NFL is also returning its Thursday games this week, so you can vBet on that as well.

hornswaggled
11/8/2011, 09:59 AM
I'm happy to say that I am off of vWelfare. :applouse: (for now) Been making some good vbets so far. :triumphant:

You don't have to get off vWelfare just because you have vCash. If you keep all your vCash bet out you can drive your vCadillac down to the vWelfare office and pick up another vCheck.

badger
11/10/2011, 05:34 PM
Looking for something to do besides contemplate how to spend bye week or who Penn State should fire next????

vBet on vBookie!

I know you have vCash. I have supplemented all of the vBroke with vWelfare by virtue of all of the NFL events I have just added.

So now, you all have least 500 (some of you have 2 million-plus by now) to vBet on everything from tonight's OU womens basketball game (more info on the basketball forum chatter thread), to the early college football games before Saturday, to Saturday's Big 12/Top 25 games... to, yes, NFL.

There is even an OU mens basketball game on Friday to vBet on!

Long post short... why aren't you on vBookie!? vBe therrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee

Mad Dog Madsen
11/10/2011, 05:39 PM
What about me badge? I'm basically vBroke?

badger
11/10/2011, 05:53 PM
So you already vSpent 400 of your 500 vWelfare vCash, I vSee. Tell you what: You come up with another vEvent for me to post that doesn't suck, and your vWelfare amount will magically grow to 500 once said not-suck vEvent is up.

badger
11/10/2011, 06:17 PM
You're in luck Mad Dog -- the high school playoffs are this weekend. I just posted an event on em.

hawaii 5-0
11/11/2011, 02:19 AM
Where's the 5A games?

5-0

badger
11/11/2011, 01:29 PM
Where's the 5A games?

5-0

Will you vBet on 5A games if I post them?

Well, since vBookie's modern history on SF.com just surpassed 10,000 vBets, I will grant your wish. :)

badger
11/11/2011, 04:19 PM
I have now been conned into posting 4A, 5A AND 6A high school playoff games, so you all BETTER vBet on them!

Do I have any idea who is good and who isn't? Nope! So if you do, you have a good chance of making vCash. However, I did see their overall records and if they are quite lopsided in one's favor, you can bet that their payoffs are adjusted accordingly.

badger
11/11/2011, 05:26 PM
:mad: I kid you not, people. I got requests to post the HS playoffs and I'm not seeing participation, so I am once asking you people: GO PARTICIPATE! :mad:

You have till 7 p.m. for 6a and 7:30 p.m. tonight for 5a/4a.

8timechamps
11/11/2011, 05:54 PM
:mad: I kid you not, people. I got requests to post the HS playoffs and I'm not seeing participation, so I am once asking you people: GO PARTICIPATE! :mad:

You have till 7 p.m. for 6a and 7:30 p.m. tonight for 5a/4a.

The problem is that those of us out-of-staters have no clue what our Alma mater looks like (or any HS for that matter).

badger
11/11/2011, 05:55 PM
The problem is that those of us out-of-staters have no clue what our Alma mater looks like (or any HS for that matter).

It's play money, dude. Don't pick educated-like. Pick your favorite teams!

Whet
11/11/2011, 07:57 PM
let's have some odds better than 1:1

hornswaggled
11/11/2011, 08:02 PM
I vbet my whole vwelfare stash so that those who want to vbet on HS football can do so. I hope the vmailman comes with another vwelfare check tomorrow.

badger
11/14/2011, 08:58 AM
I just put up the early college football MACfests for Tuesday and Wednesday. Both midweek Neffel games are also posted (both tonight and Tebow/Thursday night).

In addition, the two Sooner basketball games are also posted. The men host Coppin State Friday night and the women travel to New Mexico on Saturday afternoon.

As always, you have till kickoff/tipoff on each of these games (rounded down to the nearest half-hour) to vBet.

I will have all Oklahoma high school playoff games up within the hour since you all seemed to like those.

badger
11/15/2011, 06:46 PM
You can now vBet on top 25, big 12, tuesday-friday college games (including Poke on Friday night), and NFL games. There is also:

-3a through 6a high school playoffs
-OU mens and womens basketball
-An entire event dedicated to Tebow Night Football this Thursday, where you can predict how mediocre Tebow will be on national TV!

badger
11/16/2011, 09:09 AM
let's have some odds better than 1:1

Only on special occasions... in other words, events that I'm trying to convince more of you to participate in. You can find quite a few of these on the OU basketball events and the high school playoffs.

Also, on an unrelated note, you can now vBet on OU-Baylor. Thank flak!

CowboyMRW
11/16/2011, 02:32 PM
Will there be an oddball thread to bet on for this weekend?

badger
11/16/2011, 02:33 PM
Will there be an oddball thread to bet on for this weekend?

Hmmm... dunno. There's already tons of events posted since there's more midweek games (and basketball) than there used to be. I'll see if ESPN has its Bottom 10 this week or not.

CowboyMRW
11/16/2011, 02:48 PM
I was just wondering so I know to go ahead and spend my last 50k or wait

badger
11/16/2011, 03:05 PM
I was just wondering so I know to go ahead and spend my last 50k or wait

OK, soon-to-be-lost avatar/sig/everything boy, you have your oddball. I'm hesitant to put up big payout because I just paid more than 5 million out last night on Tuesday MACfest, but I did relent from better judgment and give you all 25 to 1 on something.

sooner KB
11/21/2011, 12:13 AM
I bet on something on last week, would have one 10,000 in vCash, but it says "abandoned."

cccasooner2
11/21/2011, 09:54 AM
I bet on something on last week, would have one 10,000 in vCash, but it says "abandoned."

Yeah, same thing happened to me. :D I was considering consulting an attorney specializing in vBookie litigation but the only guy I could find was some Riedenschneider guy in San Francisco and his fees are ridiculous. Without admitting or denying anything (despite a well posted closing date on the oddball betting), maybe badger can pay off the "screwed" from my winnings. :)

Here's Freddy Riedenschneider.

9kGmuhsxCCk

badger
11/21/2011, 11:10 AM
Sooo... vBookie is technically getting vRicher while there are many poors among you... is that any reason to quit vGambling?

With badger out to see the NP in-laws this week, flak has graciously decided to take on a lot of the events I usually post so you should get some good ol' British flair in your vBets this week.

As for the "abandoned" event, I posted something in Sports Book entitled "maintaining integrity" and explained why said event was abandoned. However, in a nutshell, I saw a suspicous number of vBets cast around the time Southern Miss lost that would have resulted in quite a few wins that I wasn't sure I could say were all cast before the Southern Miss game... so I vRefunded the money (that's what happens when events are "abandoned"). As always, there is no "reset" button on vBookie, so all decisions by flak and me are final, even if we totally screw up, there's no take-backs or redos. So, just be thankful that we haven't screwed up royally yet :D

badger
11/30/2011, 09:37 AM
You all should totally check out vBookie. There's Thursday and Friday pro and college football events, there's the next OU mens and womens basketball games, and there's that last regular season game where we win the Big 12 championship. I forget who the opponent is.

badger
11/30/2011, 11:52 AM
People are going on ALL in on the Sooners this weekend. Seriously, if we lose this game, do you even want to have vCash afterward?

Reasons to go ALL IN:

1- You are expressing confidence in OU.

2- Bragging rights.

3- You'll get vWelfare afterward anyway if you go vBroke.

If you haven't vBet yet, this is your perfect opportunity.

GO ALL IN FOR OU!

Pardner
11/30/2011, 01:10 PM
Done. 89K on OU.

OUNASH
11/30/2011, 02:40 PM
I just Vbet my whole Vcash on the Sooners.

badger
12/9/2011, 05:52 PM
For those of you that lost everything last week, a bit of consolidation: There is still much football and Sooner sports to be played on vBookie.

Army v Navy is open for your vBetting pleasure, as is the upcoming Sooner mens and womens basketball games. Hell, I even put up the OU vs OSU rasslin' match!

deweydw
12/16/2011, 09:38 AM
I want to lay down some vCash on some NFL games. What gives?

Mad Dog Madsen
12/16/2011, 09:40 AM

badger is a slacker.

badger
12/16/2011, 10:08 AM

I have been slacking :)

It's been a busy week. I'll get to it later today. Sorry for missing last night's Jaguar slaughter

badger
12/16/2011, 11:50 AM
You now have every bowl game through Christmas Eve and weekend NFL game Saturday-Monday to vBet on. You also have Sooner basketball and a token obligatory Poke event as per that little avatar/sig/status/vBookie bet that I lost :mad:

CowboyMRW
12/16/2011, 12:07 PM
You now have every bowl game through Christmas Eve and weekend NFL game Saturday-Monday to vBet on. You also have Sooner basketball and a token obligatory Poke event as per that little avatar/sig/status/vBookie bet that I lost :mad:

Don't act like you don't enjoy all the orange in your profile. :D

SoonerLaw09
12/16/2011, 12:16 PM
I've gotten vHammered so much the past few weeks I'm a little vGunshy.

badger
12/16/2011, 12:21 PM
There's always vWelfare. There's so many d@mn bowls that you're bound to get another supply of vCash even if you burn through your current vWelfare. So please, go vBroke and if you lose it all, know that you'll get 500 the next time I add another event.

deweydw
12/16/2011, 12:32 PM
I have donated all my vCash. Hope I don't have to go back on vWelfare.

badger
12/16/2011, 12:46 PM
I have donated all my vCash. Hope I don't have to go back on vWelfare.

It's not a vHand out. It's a vHand up. ;)

ATX Sooner
12/16/2011, 01:03 PM
I was going to bet most of my 35 million on the Jags last night...glad badger is a slacker!

I kid...all my vCash would have done to Falcons.

If the vBookie runs out of dough, I'd be willing to loan some...at a high interest rate, of course. :greedy_dollars:

IBleedCrimson
12/16/2011, 04:47 PM
I was going to bet most of my 35 million on the Jags last night...glad badger is a slacker!

I kid...all my vCash would have done to Falcons.

If the vBookie runs out of dough, I'd be willing to loan some...at a high interest rate, of course. :greedy_dollars:

I don't think it FAIR for you to have all that vCash. Middle Class vBettors are getting screwed by your more more always-wanting-more vCash attitude. Its time for some redistribution of vWealth.

lol

SoonerLaw09
12/16/2011, 05:36 PM
I don't know if we can afford all these vEntitlement programs. It's time for some vSpending cuts.

badger
12/16/2011, 06:26 PM
I have no idea if all of his vCash is going to screw up the vSystem... I'll ask Phil if there's a limit to how much you can have before vBookie zonks out.

I took pity on those who are out of vCash again and posted a longterm NBA championship event so that there will be more vWelfare for the vBroke.

rdusooner
12/16/2011, 11:13 PM
Occupy vBookie!

badger
1/2/2012, 05:09 PM
There are tons of OKC Thunder, Sooner basketball, college bowl and even the first presidential primary (Iowa caucus schmaucus) on vBookie if you are bored this holiday extended weekend :D

badger
1/20/2012, 09:37 AM
Short on vCash? Look no further than our vCash grab blowout event!!!!

Today and likely today only, I will be posting multiple events throughout the day that I normally don't --- sh!tty college basketball games of teams you have never heard of, NBA games with teams that nobody is a fan of, you name it!

So, how do you get all of this free vCash and a chance to get even more in time for this weekend's Sooner basketball and NFL playoff games? Here's how!

1- Go vBroke. Bet everything you have in existing vBookie events.

2- Wait for a new event to be posted.

3- 500 vCash (aka "vWelfare") appears in your SF.com account.

4- All of your previous vBets are still valid.

Check back throughout the day! You might just find yourself with more vWelfare!

(and please, bet on the Sooner basketball events. both teams really need your support this year!)

badger
1/21/2012, 11:47 AM
I have posted every Big 12 mens basketball game. You can also vBet on OU mens and womens basketball games today (women start in 15 minutes so go fast!). You can also vBet on ORU and TU games (since I found the odds, hehe), OKC Thunder's Nets game, and of course, Sunday's NFL playoff games.

badger
1/22/2012, 03:03 PM
A note on college and pro basketball season:

Events will likely be posted on the day of events and not sooner. Because basketball is not a once-a-week thing, you are looking at vegas spreads getting decided on the day of the games and not before.

Thus, please check vBookie often for your vBetting needs. :)

badger
1/25/2012, 05:21 PM
Thunder, Clippers, OSU/Mizz and KSU/Tech games are all up. Sorry for late notice.

badger
2/20/2012, 12:18 PM
Is it almost baseball season?

It actually is baseball season in college. You can get a longterm vBet in now by predicting how well OU will do this season.

You can also longterm predict who will win the MLB World Series :D

Of course, there are always daily updates on Blake Griffin's Clippers, the OKC Thunder, and Sooner basketball and Big 12 mens basketball, and the newest addition to the vBookie party, LINSANITY.

cccasooner2
3/3/2012, 09:25 PM
Is it almost baseball season?

Might as well be, the Sooners can't get a basketball victory even when they beat A&M 65-62. :)

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/boxscore?gid=201203030444

nighttrain12
3/3/2012, 09:51 PM
Might as well be, the Sooners can't get a basketball victory even when they beat A&M 65-62. :)

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/boxscore?gid=201203030444

Yeah, there was no point spread posted which is why I took the Sooners at home.