PDA

View Full Version : Can we get to FOOTBALL please?

SoonerNomad
8/22/2011, 03:47 PM
This summer of college football anarchy has finally driven me over the edge. From the drunk offensive genius in West Virginia becoming the Coach-No-Longer-Waiting, to the Boy Scout keeping the truth close to his Sweater Vest in Columbus, to the worst coach in Sooner history bringing sleaze and slime to the holier than thou Tar Heels, to the "speedy" Oregon kick returner taking speed to new heights, to the Oregon coaching staff taking payment to a pathetic recruiting service to new depths, to "Little Luke" trying zealously, but failing miserably, to bring the 80's back to The U, to the Aggies little brother like stomping of their feet tantrum weakening the Big 9, to a marine being kicked in the head outside of a bar (appropriately named Shady's) in Baton Rouge, I have had more than enough. It's been the summer from hell if you're a college football fan and the dog days of August need to come to an end.

The only way to bring this most miserable of off seasons to an end is to get back on the field. Football is the only way to save us from the minority of headline making idiots that administrate, coach and play this game we love. As soon as the first ball is in the air maybe we will remember that 95% of the participants are in it for the right reasons. That the awful news we keep hearing is the exception and not the rule. Let's get back to some football.

budbarrybob
8/22/2011, 06:20 PM
I'm gonna be happy about the start of the season - no question. But let's keep things in perspective. Nothing happened to the Sooners vis-a-vie the NCAA. We are setting records (for the good) without even playing. Nothing tarnished the Schools name this off-season. The U is gonna get hammered. USuC is still down. Aggie will always be aggie, And Drum Roll Please..... * is still 5-7 for another 10 days.

ouwasp
8/23/2011, 12:10 AM
thanks bbb for the perspective. I agree with all of your sentiments... but still... I am so **** tired of hearing about Weeden and Blackmon...this August is the longest ever it seems

I wonder if poke fans feel that way most every yr; tired of hearing about the latest Sooner stars? I can be happy looking at it from that perspective!