PDA

View Full Version : College Football: Blueprint for Change (Full Video)

Okie35
8/22/2011, 02:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrRGBWPYPOk

ESPN assembled a panel of college sports experts -- including ESPN analysts, current head football coaches, a former conference commissioner and a current athletic director -- to examine a variety of topics surrounding college football and propose a potential blueprint for change.

Interesting...

jumperstop
8/22/2011, 02:20 PM
Only had a chance to watch the first 8 min or so, so far. But I agree with Stoops and have been thinking that during this whole discussion. Where do you draw the line? Seems like if you start paying the players then recruiting becomes who has the biggest pocketbook.

Okie35
8/22/2011, 02:25 PM
Only had a chance to watch the first 8 min or so, so far. But I agree with Stoops and have been thinking that during this whole discussion. Where do you draw the line? Seems like if you start paying the players then recruiting becomes who has the biggest pocketbook.

Yup. Bob made the most sense about paying players, Kirk Herbstreit too.

rock on sooner
8/22/2011, 04:24 PM
I think the plus one approach to the BCS makes more sense than a full fledged playoff and that the cost of attendance would help eliminate some of the
dirty stuff that goes on. A tougher approach to rule breakers (e.g. John Blake) would help clean it up, too.

sooner59
8/22/2011, 05:25 PM
Watched this a little earlier on tv. Good stuff.

The Ghost of Mex
8/22/2011, 09:28 PM
IMO...

Bob was classic...always right on. Old school, i.e. Classic.

Urban was also very wise. Character of the individual is what matters most. Too many people out there being rewarded for being scumbags.

Not that impressed with Saban, smooth talker though...

Shocked to say, but Mark May was making a lot of sense as well.

Interesting discussion...players don't need any more than what they have now.

AlboSooner
8/22/2011, 09:52 PM
How can you satisfy the greed of the person who says it's all about me? How do you satisfy the egos? It's about the behavior and the egos that we all have. Those people talked about markets and free will, well the players are free not to play.