PDA

View Full Version : Apparel Collegiate Licensing Revenue Rankings

FtwTxSooner
8/22/2011, 12:21 PM
This is for July 2010 - June 2011. LSU is a bit surprising. We edged out NU at least.

(1.) The University of Texas at Austin
(2.) The University of Alabama
(3.) University of Florida
(4.) Auburn University
(5.) The University of Michigan
(6.) University of Georgia
(7.) University of Kentucky
(8.) University of North Carolina
(9.) Louisiana State University
(10.) The Pennsylvania State University
(11.) University of Notre Dame
(12.) University of Oklahoma
(13.) University of Nebraska
(14.) University of Tennessee
(15.) University of Wisconsin
(16.) West Virginia University
(17.) University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
(18.) University of Missouri
(19.) Texas A&M University
(20.) University of Kansas

(25.) Texas Tech University
(26.) Oklahoma State University

http://www.clc.com/clcweb/publishing.nsf/Content/Rankings+Annual+FY2011

Widescreen
8/22/2011, 12:27 PM
Bama and Auburn at #2 and #4. That's pretty impressive for a state that size.

Mississippi Sooner
8/22/2011, 12:32 PM
I'm kinda surprised to see osu ranked that high. I mean since, you know, they don't sell their apparel at Walmart, and only those who graduated from there are allowed to be fans.

badger
8/22/2011, 12:37 PM
Win a national championship in the past two years, and you'll sell craploads of merchandise too, even if you're Rhode Island or Alaska :P

Boomer.....
8/22/2011, 01:05 PM
Tech ahead of OSU makes me laugh.

KantoSooner
8/22/2011, 01:10 PM
No UCLA? No USC? No tOSU?

Not calling BS, but I'd like to know their methodology. UCLA, for one, sells boat loads globally. Hell, they probably sell more in Thailand than Kansas does in Kansas. It just seems a little weird that some of these marquee schools are not represented.

TXBOOMER
8/22/2011, 01:14 PM
Not really. Alabama tee shirts are considered casual, business and formal attire anywhere in the State.

jumperstop
8/22/2011, 01:17 PM

Not calling BS, but I'd like to know their methodology. UCLA, for one, sells boat loads globally. Hell, they probably sell more in Thailand than Kansas does in Kansas. It just seems a little weird that some of these marquee schools are not represented.

Do people in Thailand care about paying for licensing? That might explain some of that. And I think that people in Bama or OK are more likely to have 20 OU shirts and still want to buy more. USC and UCLA are almost to cool to wear their team colors on gameday much less any other day of the week. So they buy their one shirt every few years and call it good.

jumperstop
8/22/2011, 01:18 PM
Now tOSU not being in the top 20 is a bit strange.

KantoSooner
8/22/2011, 01:31 PM
Valid arguments. Still, it seems odd to me.

mushu405
8/22/2011, 01:35 PM
what do you guys expect? You can go to stores like marshalls and tj maxx and find nice OSU gear for dirt cheap bc their own fans dont want their merchandise.

I can rarely find a nice polo or shirts that is OU at those stores....

SunnySooner
8/22/2011, 01:37 PM
When I start looking around and realize all the crap in our house that has OU on it, I figure I'm good for a full percentage point of those sales. Good grief. I don't do it on purpose!! I guess when you've been a fan your whole life, stuff accumulates. And then you add in kids, and you have to start 'em early, and raise 'em right, so they both have a bunch of gear...it's a little embarrassing.

Thank you, sweet baby Jebus, that our colors are pretty, and not highway-worker orange, mustard yellow, carny-worker purple or any of the other ungodly combinations out there. Yet another sign of the favor You shine upon us. ;)

OU_Sooners75
8/22/2011, 01:40 PM
I wonder if tOSU isnt on there because all their's sales are resell.

I hope you know what I mean.

Soonerfan88
8/22/2011, 03:13 PM
This is only the list of those using CLC for their licensing deals. Although it's by far the largest college licensing company, it is not the only one. I think USC has it's one licensing department and doesn't use any outside service.

yukonsooner
8/22/2011, 03:35 PM
I'm kinda surprised to see osu ranked that high. I mean since, you know, they don't sell their apparel at Walmart, and only those who graduated from there are allowed to be fans.

I'm not surprised, because they count all of the Halloween stuff at osu apparel. And those 75% off sales on November 1, they cash in on.

Lott's Bandana
8/22/2011, 03:49 PM
Until the NCAA requires licenses for tats...

No tOSU.

Chuck Bao
8/22/2011, 04:20 PM

I recently read an article that these 3 in particular have a policy of not disclosing licensed merchandise sales. Yeah, there should be a footnote on the list explaining that.

Herr Scholz
8/22/2011, 04:20 PM
To be fair, UT benefits from all the upside down Horn buyers.

rekamrettuB
8/22/2011, 04:40 PM
To be fair, UT benefits from all the upside down Horn buyers.

Yep...it's the reason Texas is so good in all sports across the board. Stoopid Gooners.