PDA

View Full Version : Talihina Sky

The Maestro
8/22/2011, 10:54 AM
Didn't see it posted anywhere...caught the premiere of the Kings of Leon documentary last night on Showtime. Fascinating stuff...preachers and rock stars are not that much different in what they do for people and the passion in which they deliver their message. OU stuff all over it...and those guys are just true rock stars who came from literally nothing and now have a lot...but still seem somewhat effected by their past.

If you have Showtime, you should watch it...if not, a must when it comes out on DVD. Best part is seeing that OU helmet in front of their drum set. Their family reunion in Talihina is a site to behold that folks who outside of southeastern Oklahoma would have trouble believing was real.

Here's the trailer for the documentary...

AEcxxQdeJfM

Petro-Sooner
8/22/2011, 01:03 PM
I caught it. Pretty good stuff.

GDC
8/22/2011, 01:20 PM
"I'm gonna go backstage and I'm gonna vomit, I'm gonna drink a beer."

JohnnyMack
8/22/2011, 01:24 PM
Seems that Caleb Followill is pretty much drunk in Nashville at this point and that's about the extent of his career choice. Sad. I hope he pulls out of this.

The Maestro
8/22/2011, 01:28 PM
Seems that Caleb Followill is pretty much drunk in Nashville at this point and that's about the extent of his career choice. Sad. I hope he pulls out of this.

It's what rock stars do...

ouleaf
8/22/2011, 01:37 PM
"I'm gonna go backstage and I'm gonna vomit, I'm gonna drink a beer."

Yeah....that was a catastrophe when they rolled through Dallas here a month or so ago.

StoopTroup
8/22/2011, 09:06 PM
I caught the Trailer but I forgot to set the DVR. I'm searching the Guide right now to find another showing and will record it. The Trailer looked awesome. I was out visiting a Friend in Wister, OK and on my Way Home decided to go take a drive through Talihina Drive. It was awesome. I later took the Wife and kids back through there. Pretty place.

StoopTroup
8/23/2011, 10:31 AM
I saw it last night. It's kind of confusing. I guess they are just trying to repair the confusion between being brought up in such as strict lifestyle and finding out people are sinners and becoming pot smoking, drug using Rock Stars that kind of put things behind them for success? It's cool that they still visit their roots and folks down there embrace them and also try to let them come Home and just try to be guys that grew up there. The folks that try to get close to them that they never really grew up with or were enemies with was pretty weird. I'm sure folks like Reba, and Toby, Hanson and KOL as well as the others who have had success find it hard to find a balanced way to deal with the success and being able to visit their Families.

Anyway...I like them. I wish them continued success and good health.

SunnySooner
8/23/2011, 11:02 AM
There's a youtube of them tailgating and then going to a game in Norman, in '08, no one really recognized them, they just looked like regular OU fans in their RV and Sooner gear.

northspeter
8/23/2011, 04:43 PM
very interesting show... kinda weird seeing rock stars with as big of redneck relatives as me... nathan seems like a cool guy... the best part was seeing caleb get bitched out on the bus about being a selfish prick... looks like that is still his problem...

northspeter
8/23/2011, 04:48 PM
I caught the Trailer but I forgot to set the DVR. I'm searching the Guide right now to find another showing and will record it. The Trailer looked awesome. I was out visiting a Friend in Wister, OK and on my Way Home decided to go take a drive through Talihina Drive. It was awesome. I later took the Wife and kids back through there. Pretty place.

that's Talimena Drive...

AlboSooner
8/23/2011, 07:58 PM
Too many slow old people on motorcycles on that Talimena drive. we all it's a mountain lady, now move over so I can take that curve going 70

sooner ngintunr
8/23/2011, 08:20 PM
now move over so I can take that curve going 70

No one likes that guy.

hawaii 5-0
8/24/2011, 01:12 AM
When I mention I'm from Oklahoma and people complain about how flat and ugly it is, I always mention Talimena Drive. And Beaver Lake by Broken Bow.
What's sad is that a lot of Sooners have never seen it as well.

5-0

AlbqSooner
8/24/2011, 07:02 AM
Blindfold someone, helicopter them in to the Talimena Drive, and ask what state they are in. Most folks would guess Oklahoma on about their 18-25th guess, if ever.

GDC
8/24/2011, 07:49 AM
If you're in that area go by and see the Heavener Runestone.

captain_surly
8/24/2011, 10:02 AM
When I mention I'm from Oklahoma and people complain about how flat and ugly it is, I always mention Talimena Drive. And Beaver Lake by Broken Bow.
What's sad is that a lot of Sooners have never seen it as well.

5-0

Beaver Lake is in Arkansas. You're thinking of Beavers Bend, the State Park on Broken Bow Lake. Broken Bow Lake is top ten nationally in my opinion. Clear, clean water, world class smallmouth fishing, really decent walleye and trout fishing and not too much human traffic. If it wasn't so far to a decent sized town I would retire there. I guess my doublewide on Tenkiller will have to do.

StoopTroup
8/24/2011, 10:33 AM
that's Talimena Drive...

Which starts not to far from Talihina. I love all those roads around there. It's to bad there are Police and stuff that try to regulate speed through there. :D

http://www.talimenascenicdrive.com/maps.html

hawaii 5-0
8/24/2011, 10:42 AM
Beaver Lake is in Arkansas. You're thinking of Beavers Bend, the State Park on Broken Bow Lake. Broken Bow Lake is top ten nationally in my opinion. Clear, clean water, world class smallmouth fishing, really decent walleye and trout fishing and not too much human traffic. If it wasn't so far to a decent sized town I would retire there. I guess my doublewide on Tenkiller will have to do.

Thanks. I meant Beaver's Bend.

5-0

GDC
8/24/2011, 11:00 AM
It's also not too far on down to Fouke, Arkansas where the Legend of Boggy Creek took place. They even have a museum!

StoopTroup
8/24/2011, 11:14 AM
How can you go wrong at a place named Beaver.