PDA

View Full Version : Name of the Forum

soonercruiser
8/21/2011, 10:30 PM
Will this Forum be Obama's only legacy???
:sorrow:

Curly Bill
8/21/2011, 11:04 PM
Other than the eleventy-million-trillion we're in debt?

badger
8/22/2011, 08:58 AM
I really thought Obamacare would be his legacy, but if that gets overturned, then they essentially did nothing except bail out the banks and auto industry in his first two years.

Maybe his legacy will be military stuff, like killing Osama, ending DADT, continuing the efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan (despite campaign promises, yes), etc?

But... guy still has more than a year left on his term (although much of that will likely be campaigning for a second term, yes). If the majority of the voters were willing to give him four years, so will I. Three down...

Veritas
8/22/2011, 09:31 AM
Obama's legacy is going to be that he was a spineless woggle. He had a ****ing Democratic legislative body for the first two years and still failed to get us out of Iraq and Afghanistan. His healthcare plan is a piece of ****. He caved on the Bush tax cuts. He rolled over to the Republicans on taxes.

His Presidency should have been the realization of the wet dreams of all the liberals and "progressives" that voted for him. Unfortunately (or fortunately, from my paleo-conservative perspective) he has the leadership abilities of a tape dispenser so even with his golden opportunity none of that came to fruition.

sappstuf
8/22/2011, 09:54 AM
Obama's legacy is going to be that he was a spineless woggle. He had a ****ing Democratic legislative body for the first two years and still failed to get us out of Iraq and Afghanistan. His healthcare plan is a piece of ****. He caved on the Bush tax cuts. He rolled over to the Republicans on taxes.

His Presidency should have been the realization of the wet dreams of all the liberals and "progressives" that voted for him. Unfortunately (or fortunately, from my paleo-conservative perspective) he has the leadership abilities of a tape dispenser so even with his golden opportunity none of that came to fruition.

He acted like he was the newest, coolest guy on the block. But some of those features turned out to be pretty useless...

http://cdn.uberreview.com/wp-content/uploads/usb-scotch-tape-dispenser.jpg

Breadburner
8/22/2011, 09:54 AM
He will be the biggest lame duck president in history.....

badger
8/22/2011, 10:11 AM
His Presidency should have been the realization of the wet dreams of all the liberals and "progressives" that voted for him.

Makes you wonder... would Hillary have been a stronger leader that the Democrats wanted and needed to get their agenda through during the filibuster-proof majorities held at the beginning of Obama's term? Would any of the other candidates from the 2008 election?

Perhaps, not having experience in politics isn't a good thing after all? Perhaps "baggage" really wasn't baggage?

Veritas
8/22/2011, 10:41 AM
Makes you wonder... would Hillary have been a stronger leader that the Democrats wanted and needed to get their agenda through during the filibuster-proof majorities held at the beginning of Obama's term?
Without question she would have been a stronger leader. Would she have done what the Democrats wanted? I'm not so sure. As despised as she is by the GOP, she's closer to Bush politically than she was to Campaign Edition Obama.

I don't see Obama's presidency as a proof case for political experience being prerequisite to the Presidency. Rather I'd see it as a proof case that executive experience, period, is prerequisite. Outside of academia and political agitation, Obama's resume was shorter than my freshman nephew's.

badger
8/22/2011, 10:51 AM
I'm starting to wonder the same thing about Oklahoma's legislature, whether term limits were such a good idea. Yes, good to see lifelong politicians have to get a real job after 12 years or so, or at least force them to run for a different office, but bad because you see WTF legislation go though that you know will get overturned in courts, just doubles up existing legislation, or is just so batsh!t crazy that you wonder why they spent time discussing it at all.

It really hasn't hurt Republicans, I guess. Before term limits, the Dems had held majorities for a very long time. Would they still if term limits didn't exist? Dudes like David Walters that ruined it for the rest of 'em leads me to think "no," but popular guys like Brad Henry lead me to think "maybe."

pphilfran
8/22/2011, 11:18 AM
Makes you wonder... would Hillary have been a stronger leader that the Democrats wanted and needed to get their agenda through during the filibuster-proof majorities held at the beginning of Obama's term? Would any of the other candidates from the 2008 election?

Perhaps, not having experience in politics isn't a good thing after all? Perhaps "baggage" really wasn't baggage?

Hell yes, she would not have led from the rear...

Yogi and Boo Boo would be a step up....

soonercruiser
8/22/2011, 07:02 PM
I don't see Obama's presidency as a proof case for political experience being prerequisite to the Presidency. Rather I'd see it as a proof case that executive experience, period, is prerequisite. Outside of academia and political agitation, Obama's resume was shorter than my freshman nephew's.

This LOL ^^^^^

bonkuba
8/23/2011, 03:17 AM
Sometimes I dream that he died suddenly (the best legacy for him I can think of).........then I wake up and find out that the bastage is still alive.....heh :-)

diverdog
8/23/2011, 06:04 AM
His only legacy and the only one that will count in history is that he was the US's first
black president. Nothing else matters.

sappstuf
8/23/2011, 07:23 AM
His only legacy and the only one that will count in history is that he was the US's first
black Jimmy Carter. Nothing else matters.

I guess that is good.....

badger
8/23/2011, 08:47 AM
I wasn't alive when Jimmy Carter was president. Why do you old people all hate him? I mean, I've read history books, I'd just like to get an idea of what you remember about his presidency.

OULenexaman
8/23/2011, 09:16 AM
I wasn't alive when Jimmy Carter was president. Why do you old people all hate him? I mean, I've read history books, I'd just like to get an idea of what you remember about his presidency. good lord where does one even start...the worst thing he did is sent interest rates through the roof....took 20 years to get that back to a safe and liveable level.

sappstuf
8/23/2011, 10:13 AM
I wasn't alive when Jimmy Carter was president. Why do you old people all hate him? I mean, I've read history books, I'd just like to get an idea of what you remember about his presidency.

I think a good place to start is 14 percent inflation and 21 percent interest rates....

Curly Bill
8/23/2011, 10:22 AM
I was young but it just seemed Carter threw the country into a huge funk, where it didn't seem anything was going right. Not that it was all his fault, but Carter didn't have a damn clue, and he was just a depressing bastage to have as POTUS. In other words he was Brack before Brack was the clueless bastage in the oval office.

Veritas
8/23/2011, 10:24 AM
Was Carter as arrogant as Obama?

sappstuf
8/23/2011, 10:30 AM
Was Carter as arrogant as Obama?

Due to the laws of the universe, I don't believe that is possible.... The same would go for Obama's narcissism.

OULenexaman
8/23/2011, 10:39 AM
anyone ever drank any Billy Beer back then?? It just made things even worse...:tongue: