PDA

View Full Version : to the shores of Tripoli ... Gadhafi is history. Finally.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/21/2011, 09:59 PM
I just hope something better replaces the dick.:triumphant:

Curly Bill
8/21/2011, 10:03 PM
Wait is this the politics forum? If so can I suggest we send them Brack?

Oh wait...you said something better to replace Gadhafi.
:highly_amused: <---highly amused.

soonercruiser
8/21/2011, 10:28 PM
It will be interesting to see how Libya "shakes out".
Not holding my breath for a good outcome.

Midtowner
8/22/2011, 07:12 AM
It's gonna be new dictator same as the old dictator.

tcrb
8/22/2011, 07:21 AM
There will soon be a new government established by the mooslum brotherhood...the same peace loving folks who have vowed to kill all of us infidels.

TitoMorelli
8/22/2011, 08:40 AM
So when do we get the "I got Gadhafi" speech?

SanJoaquinSooner
8/22/2011, 08:51 AM
So when do we get the "I got Gadhafi" speech?

Obama or Zuckerberg?

sappstuf
8/22/2011, 09:05 AM
Was this the same operation that I was told would last "days not weeks" about half a year ago?

SanJoaquinSooner
8/22/2011, 05:12 PM
Was this the same operation that I was told would last "days not weeks" about half a year ago?

There's a much bigger picture than weeks, months, or half a year. Gadhafi came into power in 1969, when LBJ was President. He suspended the Libyan constitution. He bitchslapped all Western presense in Libya. He sponsored tons of terrorist activities for decades.

He was Ronald Reagan's nemesis. Reagan tried bombing the **** out of him, but Gadhafi survived. He's been the Libyan dictator for 42 years - surviving Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, and Bush II.

okie52
8/22/2011, 05:16 PM
There's a much bigger picture than weeks, months, or half a year. Gadhafi came into power in 1969, when LBJ was President. He suspended the Libyan constitution. He bitchslapped all Western presense in Libya. He sponsored tons of terrorist activities for decades.

He was Ronald Reagan's nemesis. Reagan tried bombing the **** out of him, but Gadhafi survived. He's been the Libyan dictator for 42 years - surviving Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, and Bush II.

And the US should continue to militarily intervene in other country's politics? Seems like it has worked so well.

diverdog
8/22/2011, 05:29 PM
Well it was 9 and half years shorter than either of
Bush's wars. Need I remind you about the promises that Bush gave us?

hawaii 5-0
8/22/2011, 05:36 PM
I'm glad the World is rid of some of these Dicktaters.

I'm also glad no Americans got killed in this particular one.

5-0

Trump/ Spider 2012

soonercruiser
8/22/2011, 06:56 PM
Wrong again, DD!

There are two phases to regime change....(something you LWers said you hate, BTW).
1. Overthrow of the dictator.
2. Formation of a stable country afterwards.

Phase 1 for Iraq and Afghanistan took weeks and months, respectively.
Libya has already taken 6 months in Phase 1. NOT the couple of weeks Obama said!

How many more Libyans died just because we didn't use overwhelming force.Obama in his speech today even admitted the bulk of the "initial" force was from the U.S.!

But, not to worry...they were just Libyans; not Americans. :confusion:
I'm sure that makes you happy!

okie52
8/22/2011, 07:56 PM
Well it was 9 and half years shorter than either of
Bush's wars. Need I remind you about the promises that Bush gave us?

Well Iraq isn't 9 1/2 years old...you know, the war Obama voted against before he thought wars weren't vso bad. And we still are in Afghanistan so there isn't any Obama magic there.

But, to the point, why are we getting into these wars? Do we have any idea if the next government will be any better?

SicEmBaylor
8/22/2011, 08:07 PM
I could not possibly give two-****s about whether he remains in power or not. That is a Libyan problem, and I'm definitely not Libyan.

I truly could not possibly even begin to locate my interest in Libya.

A Sooner in Texas
8/22/2011, 08:10 PM
Wrong again, DD!

There are two phases to regime change....(something you LWers said you hate, BTW).

Libya has already taken 6 months in Phase 1. NOT the couple of weeks Obama said!

How many more Libyans died just because we didn't use overwhelming force.Obama in his speech today even admitted the bulk of the "initial" force was from the U.S.!

And let's not even begin to talk about the countless numbers of Iraqis and Afghanis who have died in those wars.

okie52
8/22/2011, 08:19 PM
I could not possibly give two-****s about whether he remains in power or not. That is a Libyan problem, and I'm definitely not Libyan.

I truly could not possibly even begin to locate my interest in Libya.

Some people get a little too wrapped up in party. We shouldn't be in these dunbazz wars and, save Afghanistan, and there wouldn't be any need for them if we were energy independent...something Obama could care less about.

okie52
8/22/2011, 08:24 PM
And let's not even begin to talk about the countless numbers of Iraqis and Afghanis who have died in those wars.

You grieving for the afghans? Screw them...we should have obliterated them from the start.

I'd say bomb them back to the stoneages but they wee already there.

Fraggle145
8/22/2011, 09:42 PM
Wrong again, DD!

I dont care if its wrong to say it. I'm glad it was their guys and not our guys. Yes I value American lives over those of any other country. Sue me.

Veritas
8/22/2011, 10:06 PM
What the hell relevance does Iraq and Afghanistan have to the Libyan operation? Don't throw that fish out there and don't pick it up and eat it. Sheesh.

On topic, I'm not sure I should be happy about Libya beyond the fact that we're running ops there and maybe now we won't. I doubt that the enemy of our enemy is our friend in this scenario.

A Sooner in Texas
8/22/2011, 10:40 PM
You grieving for the afghans? Screw them...we should have obliterated them from the start.

I'd say bomb them back to the stoneages but they wee already there.

Turn on your sarcasm meter.

diverdog
8/22/2011, 10:51 PM
Wrong again, DD!

You are a laugh a minute. Combat operations in Iraq last years not weeks. The same with Afghanistan.

BTW where is the repayment for the war that Bush promised the Iraqis would make? How about that idiot Hannity and all his bragging that the US taxpayer would get everything back?

okie52
8/23/2011, 08:09 AM
Turn on your sarcasm meter.

Ahhhh. Sorry

Veritas
8/23/2011, 09:20 AM
You want to argue about Iraq, start another thread.

sappstuf
8/23/2011, 10:08 AM
From the Halls of Martha's Vineyard, to the shores of Tripoli.....

TitoMorelli
8/23/2011, 10:24 AM
From the Halls of Martha's Vineyard, to the shores of Tripoli.....

We fight our country's battles, perched upon the eighteenth tee....

sappstuf
8/23/2011, 10:35 AM
We fight our country's battles, perched upon the eighteenth tee....

First to fight the Tea Party Radicals And keep our credit rating clean...

TitoMorelli
8/23/2011, 11:51 AM
First to fight the Tea Party Radicals And keep our credit rating clean...

We are proud to claim the title of the blame-ducking regime.

sappstuf
8/23/2011, 12:11 PM
We are proud to claim the title of the blame-ducking regime.

I don't know what passes for spec on this new board, but we should get a lot of it.

hawaii 5-0
8/24/2011, 01:57 AM
Actually it's pretty lame for high schoolers.

5-0

Trump/ Jimmy Jack 2012

SicEmBaylor
8/24/2011, 02:50 AM
This meddling is going to bite us in the ***. Five years from now and we're going to miss Gaddafi. Hell, I already miss Saddam.

The insanity of supporting and/or causing the overthrow of secular (to varying degrees) though despotic middle eastern leaders in exchange for instability and power vacuums that radical islamists are able to exploit in the name of the "war on terror" is so astoundingly insane that it makes my head explode.

SoonerProphet
8/24/2011, 12:08 PM
This meddling has biten us in the ***. .

fify

In addition to that, it is not like supporting the House of Saud, Mubarak, et. al has been free of blowback either.

JohnnyMack
8/24/2011, 12:22 PM
This meddling is going to bite us in the ***.

Going to?
http://www.kenpittman.com/content_images/2/WTC%202.jpg

SouthCarolinaSooner
8/24/2011, 12:48 PM
Going to?
http://www.kenpittman.com/content_images/2/WTC%202.jpg
but they just hate our way of life and hate that we are kkkristian it has nothing to do with decades of embargoes, occupations and coups!11111!!!

The Profit
8/24/2011, 01:05 PM
Clinton had the operation against Serbia. Not a single American lost his/her life. Obama had the operation against Libya. Not a single American lost his/her life. Hmmmm.

The Profit
8/24/2011, 01:06 PM
I prefer to call them "the tea-bagged."

JohnnyMack
8/24/2011, 01:08 PM
Clinton had the operation against Serbia. Not a single American lost his/her life. Obama had the operation against Libya. Not a single American lost his/her life. Hmmmm.

To be fair, he also was POTUS during the battle of Mogadishu.

C&CDean
8/24/2011, 03:15 PM
but they just hate our way of life and hate that we are kkkristian it has nothing to do with decades of embargoes, occupations and coups!11111!!!

Sometimes you just ooze with ignorance. Seriously. I forget, how old did you say you were, and when were you joining the Peace Corps again?

SouthCarolinaSooner
8/24/2011, 08:30 PM
Sometimes you just ooze with ignorance. Seriously. I forget, how old did you say you were, and when were you joining the Peace Corps again?
Right, forgot that because I haven't been in a military circle jerk I'm ignorant. I'll be applying to Masters International in a few years hopefully, I'll keep you updated

MR2-Sooner86
8/24/2011, 08:33 PM
To be fair, he also was POTUS during the battle of Mogadishu.

He was also responsible for how badly that mission went as the Army wanted AC130 gunships and tanks for that mission and he told them no as it'd be "overkill."

Anyway, funny how Libya has fallen and now we have no idea who is going to take control of all the nerve gas, SAM missiles, and yellow cake uranium. It could be friendly rebels or it could be the Muslim Brotherhood. Only time will really tell us.

soonercruiser
8/24/2011, 11:07 PM

Wrong Moran! (your words!)
2 combat deaths. See Bosnia and Kosovo.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_military_casualties_of_war

BTW - take a look at the total years!
Clinton said in a speech to the nation that we would be out in 6 months!

The Profit
8/25/2011, 08:51 AM

Neither of those 2 combat-related deaths happened while Clinton was president. Try again.

JohnnyMack
8/25/2011, 09:13 AM

That's what you come back with? Seriously?

sappstuf
8/25/2011, 09:20 AM
Neither of those 2 combat-related deaths happened while Clinton was president. Try again.

Chief Warrant Officers David Gibbs and Kevin L. Reichert who were killed on May 5, 1999 would disagree...

Bourbon St Sooner
8/25/2011, 12:10 PM
Democrat wars are so much better than Republican wars. Just ask LBJ.

TUSooner
8/25/2011, 01:00 PM
For this not being a "political " thread, it sure does stink like one.

soonercruiser
8/25/2011, 09:09 PM
That's what you come back with? Seriously?

It works for Profit when used on me!
You probably didn't catch that one, did 'ya?

Profit will have to tell Wiki they made a mistake.
Clinton, President 1993-2001
Wiki

Bosnia-Herzegovina 1995–2004; 1 combat death
Kosovo 1999–2006; 1 combat death

hawaii 5-0
8/25/2011, 09:16 PM
I'm amazed that people believe politicians.

Get real, folks.

5-0

Trump/ Bachmann's latest roadkill 2012