PDA

View Full Version : So Now That Politics Has Been Moved To Another Forum, Is The SO Still Your Home?

lexsooner
8/21/2011, 07:20 PM
It is still mine. I have way more fun discussing any and everyone other than politics. Lex will continue to try and start interesting threads in the SO. I predict the usual suspects will so overpopulate the political forum that the saner voices will gravitate away from it.

sanantoniosooner
8/21/2011, 07:22 PM
The south oval just got better. Better than what...is in the eye of the beholder.

silverwheels
8/21/2011, 07:57 PM
I think the separation will benefit the SO. Political discussions are fine, but they're so involving they really should have their own section of the board.

MsProudSooner
8/21/2011, 08:23 PM
I really like the idea of a board where politics doesn't invade every thread, not matter what the topic.

Peach Fuzz
8/21/2011, 08:27 PM
Politics got old really fast, maybe because I gave up on politicians to do anything right anymore. What we gonna talk about now, I haven't the clue.

CrimsonJim
8/21/2011, 08:48 PM
Never was home. It's always been 'Sooner Football'. :stupid:

It doesn't matter what is or isn't posted in the SO, it will be better than the never ending psycho-babble slap-fights that always come from political debate. I would welcome absolute silence over that carp.

Curly Bill
8/21/2011, 09:13 PM
I think absolute silence might become fairly prevalent on the SO. Then again I could be wrong? I'm interested in seeing, because I was never in favor of a politics forum, and always argued what the hell else was anybody gonna talk about on the SO?

SanJoaquinSooner
8/21/2011, 09:22 PM
Most definitely. Now I can talk about things and Okie52 won't turn it into a political thread.

sanantoniosooner
8/21/2011, 09:24 PM
We used to talk about plenty of useless crap before politics took this place over. Hopefully it will return to it's former glory of poo threads and random carp.

Curly Bill
Sounds pretty boring! :highly_amused:

Curly Bill
I was actually gonna mention something about what would be left for the SO: fart jokes?

sanantoniosooner
8/21/2011, 09:27 PM
If people don't agree that poo threads>political talk then they are in denial

Fraggle145
8/21/2011, 09:41 PM
This.

Curly Bill
8/21/2011, 09:49 PM
Never been a fan of pooo/fart jokes, even as a kid I always thought people farting in class & others laughing hysterically was dumb.

soonercruiser
8/21/2011, 10:07 PM
I think absolute silence might become fairly prevalent on the SO. Then again I could be wrong? I'm interested in seeing, because I was never in favor of a politics forum, and always argued what the hell else was anybody gonna talk about on the SO?

Curly,
Usually the weirdos talking about their genitals is a #2 to politics!
There will always be plenty of that.
:(

But, from the new name "Obamafest", I assume that the powers to be are LWers. As, sounds like they think that Obama is all there is to talk about in politics.

Veritas
8/21/2011, 10:09 PM
I'm sure we'll be back to dick and fart jokes in fairly short order. That's where the big bucks are.

(Name that oblique movie reference).

FirstandGoal
8/21/2011, 10:53 PM
Well if we get tired of potty humor, I bet BTK can start a jerky thread. :D

CrimsonJim
8/21/2011, 11:31 PM
BTK really likes to talk about his meat, doesn't he? ;)

Peach Fuzz
8/21/2011, 11:36 PM
Let's go to the Ofest and talk about recipes n ****

sooner59
8/22/2011, 12:01 AM
I don't mind it one bit. Anything is better than politics.

C&CDean
8/22/2011, 09:03 AM
But, from the new name "Obamafest", I assume that the powers to be are LWers. As, sounds like they think that Obama is all there is to talk about in politics.

Your lack of perception is ****ing alarming. Seriously.

Veritas
8/22/2011, 09:23 AM
Pay attention, knucklehead. Every political thread devolves to an Obama pigroast in the pron sense of the word. Don't google it.

OhU1
8/22/2011, 09:27 AM
I've largely disengaged from political discussion or even following it on the news much. Too many people are only interested in partisan bickering and seem to have little honest interest in the welfare of our nation. The discussions are mind numbing once the words "liberal" and other generic labels, insults, and "jokes", and finger pointing occur - usually by the 2nd or 3rd reply.

I've also noticed there are way too many middle aged white guys who are all consumed with national politics. Life is too short and there are way many other things that are more interesting (almost everything). You can't really do much about national politics anyway except get frustrated. If you're that much into politics I suggest you get involved in a local candidates race. It's tough work, much more interesting, and something you can actually make a difference with your individual effort. Political "talk radio" level threads are mindless and ultimately quite boring except to the obsessed.

lexsooner
8/22/2011, 09:45 AM
I've largely disengaged from political discussion or even following it on the news much. Too many people are only interested in partisan bickering and seem to have little honest interest in the welfare of our nation. The discussions are mind numbing once the words "liberal" and other generic labels, insults, and "jokes", and finger pointing occur - usually by the 2nd or 3rd reply.

I've also noticed there are way too many middle aged white guys who are all consumed with national politics. Life is too short and there are way many other things that are more interesting (almost everything). You can't really do much about national politics anyway except get frustrated. If you're that much into politics I suggest you get involved in a local candidates race. It's tough work, much more interesting, and something you can actually make a difference with your individual effort. Political "talk radio" level threads are mindless and ultimately quite boring except to the obsessed.

This ^^^^^^. I can tolerate political philosphies, but I cannot tolerate blind partisanship, and so much of the political bickering is rooted in the latter. Good riddance to the politics. Now surely a group of intelligent or semi-intelligent people can think of more to discuss than body parts and emissions. We live in a world of ideas and interesting people, places, and relationships. There really is no excuse for the SO becoming boring.

NormanPride
8/22/2011, 09:49 AM
So is this a political thread now?

saucysoonergal
8/22/2011, 09:52 AM
You Betcha! ;)

Tulsa_Fireman
8/22/2011, 09:55 AM
Dirty libruhls hate americuh.

Discuss.

OhU1
8/22/2011, 09:57 AM
Can we still fight about religion on S.O.? :watermelon: (thought I'd play with this new smiley, which I predict will be misused against the brothers).

Tulsa_Fireman
8/22/2011, 10:00 AM
Jesus hates black people.

He absolutely LOVES watermelon, but he totally hates black people.

hawaii 5-0
8/22/2011, 10:08 AM
Home has always been Sooner Football. I'm glad the season is almost upon us.

5-0

Fraggle145
8/22/2011, 10:31 AM
Your lack of perception is ****ing alarming. Seriously.

Heh.

49r
8/22/2011, 11:16 AM
Now all we need is to get the farks back to the SO.

cantwait48
8/22/2011, 11:34 AM
politics is for kids, real men discuss their craps

lexsooner
8/22/2011, 04:32 PM
Jesus hates black people.

He absolutely LOVES watermelon, but he totally hates black people.

But if He hates Arabs, does that mean He hates Himself, which in turn means He has low self-esteem?

lexsooner
8/22/2011, 04:34 PM
Can we still fight about religion on S.O.? :watermelon: (thought I'd play with this new smiley, which I predict will be misused against the brothers).

Brother, religion and politics are inextricably linked, so you would be walking a thin line.

JohnnyMack
8/22/2011, 05:27 PM
I think it was a bad move, but nobody asked for my input.

sanantoniosooner
8/22/2011, 05:31 PM
They still haven't jm.

soonercruiser
8/22/2011, 06:14 PM
Brother, religion and politics are inextricably linked, so you would be walking a thin line.

And religion and politics have no effect on the important things in life. :stupid:

No! "Anything" is better!
Duh!

Doged
8/22/2011, 07:36 PM
Home has always been Sooner Football. I'm glad the season is almost upon us.

This.