PDA

View Full Version : Things we learned this offseason

NorthernIowaSooner
8/18/2011, 05:09 PM
It has been an eventful offseason to say the least with all the NCAA trouble and potential conference changes again.

ACC: Relatively quiet offseason until the Miami bomb dropped. If all is true they could drop the hammer on the U. Their president was quoted in ESPN the Mag saying she hires all the coaches and roams the sidelines looking for seedy characters that she feels shouldn't be there. FAIL. If the Death Penalty will ever be used again it will be used now. Coaches, players, and possibly their president all knew about this, allowed it and did nothing to stop it. I read today during part of the time that Shapiro is saying he provided benefits the U was on probation. Meaning it could be a Repeat Offender and a candidate for the Death Penalty. Many of their people including their AD, and BBall coach have left already to take other jobs and jump ship. I feel bad for some of their fans that were nice to us in Norman and Al Golden, he got screwed. Don’t feel bad for the guy who wouldn’t shut up about how awesome the U is while down 30+ points.

Also the media thinks Florida State is gonna be awesome.

Big XIIish: The Longhorn Network upset people.

Texas A&M thought they were awesome but the SEC didn’t think they were that awesome. Played their cards a little too soon saying they were leaving, now they’re staying and not making any friends in the Big XII.

OSU changed their uniforms, probably will be unstoppable in recruiting and on the field now.

Big East: Coach in Waiting fails at WVU, fans start stocking up on couches, most likely will just sit on them this season.

Big Tenish: Ohio State gets busted!! Sort of. Seems with all the problems the NCAA had this year this would be a pretty easy case to punish them harshly and deservedly. The paper trail points right to who did what and who covered what up. Last reports I read said they won’t get punished that much. WTF NCAA? USC gets busted on mostly hearsay evidence and gets whaled on but Ohio St will get off easy. The NCAA wouldn’t hurt their golden children in the Big Ten.

They also have dumb division names and a dumb logo starting this year.

Mountain West: Boise can’t wear blue at home anymore. I don’t know if it is a real advantage but I hate their field so I like what the MWC did.

Pac 12: 12 teams now I guess is about all that happened, Oregon may be in trouble.

SEC: People kill trees when upset and the NCAA keeps looking at Auburn and now LSU a little too. Also, Les Miles eats grass.

Also, don’t get your hair cut at Great Clips, the name is misleading.

The Maestro
8/18/2011, 05:15 PM
I learned that OU won't win every game...that we might lose to some teams we should beat...we might not always make the best play or best decisions...but we have Bob Stoops and he will not even toe the line of breaking the rules.

And, for that, we are very lucky fan base. We NEVER have to worry about OU with Stoops in control. Oh, and we still get to win a lot!!!

oudavid1
8/18/2011, 05:18 PM
I learned that OU won't win every game...that we might lose to some teams we should beat...we might not always make the best play or best decisions...but we have Bob Stoops and he will not even toe the line of breaking the rules.

And, for that, we are very lucky fan base. We NEVER have to worry about OU with Stoops in control. Oh, and we still get to win a lot!!!

Boom. Right on.

SoonerofAlabama
8/18/2011, 05:21 PM
It is too long.

badger
8/18/2011, 05:42 PM
What I learned: Polls are a fun way to pass the offseason.

And more importantly: Nobody, not even Jim Tressel, is safe from firing if the NCAA is inquiring.

silverwheels
8/18/2011, 05:44 PM
Don't **** with Yahoo! Sports.

BoulderSooner79
8/18/2011, 06:15 PM
It can get really hot in Oklahoma - and I don't even live there.

goingoneight
8/18/2011, 06:30 PM
Tulsa: People climb towers to kill the time between football seasons.

Stillwater: OSU fans with unbelievable horror stories from their visits to Norman met a construction worker who's as good a fibber as they are.

Norman: Preseason polls are ALWAYS "too early." And 5-7 jokes are WAY funnier than we thought they'd be.

Mark_in_Tulsa
8/18/2011, 06:37 PM
I learned that Boobs are not near as fun if there are an odd number of them. Just makes things weird.