PDA

View Full Version : You Know The Really Scarey Thing About The Economy?

FaninAma
8/18/2011, 02:31 PM
Is that despite all-time lows in the LIBOR rates we are still going down the toilet.

For all practical purposes the Fed and other Central Banks are giving away money for free to large banks. Yet even with this large infusion of free cash unemployment has not dropped and consumer spending continues to go down.

The only thing I can think of for the FED to do is pay banks for borrowing money.

They are out of bullets. We are awash in Central Bank and Fed easy money yet it is not helping. We are in uncharted territory and these idiots have no clue about the long term sequelae of this type of monetary policy.

I know with patients once you have maxed out medical treatment and the patient's vital signs continue to deteriorate you should probably call in the
priest(or clergy of choice).

http://thebuttonwoodtree.wordpress.com/2011/05/24/libor-continues-to-grope-all-time-lows/

StoopTroup
8/18/2011, 02:35 PM
There is a guy that looks like he's almost pulled all his hair out on Fox with Shepard Smith talking a bit about it right now.

Now he's bringing up Bachman's Claim that as POTUS she will have us back at $2.00 per gallon.

The guy is of course an Editor at the Wall Street Journal who is owned by Fox's Parent Company. Nothing like the News interviewing the News

pphilfran
8/18/2011, 02:37 PM
A couple of reasons the low interest rates are doing nothing...

Corps have a ton of cash on hand and aren't using it because they have doubts about the economy...and stagnant demand....low interest rates don't interest them at the current time...

The consumer is scared chitless...they see the mess in DC...questions about future taxation...questions about future fuel costs....a spastic stock market...they are hunkering down and paying down debt instead of spending...low interest rates don't interest them at the current time....

Instead of supplying answers our DC leadership is out on the road while the people of the US wait for plans that perform... instead we get rhetoric...

tommieharris91
8/18/2011, 02:38 PM
Is that despite all-time lows in the LIBOR rates we are still going down the toilet.

For all practical purposes the Fed and other Central Banks are giving away money for free to large banks. Yet even with this large infusion of free cash unemployment has not dropped and consumer spending continues to go down.

The only thing I can think of for the FED to do is pay banks for borrowing money.

They are out of bullets. We are awash in Central Bank and Fed easy money yet it is not helping. We are in uncharted territory and these idiots have no clue about the long term sequelae of this type of monetary policy.

I know with patients once you have maxed out medical treatment and the patient's vital signs continue to deteriorate you should probably call in the

http://thebuttonwoodtree.wordpress.com/2011/05/24/libor-continues-to-grope-all-time-lows/

Or, since other sovereigns are willing to pay record lows for 10yr Treasuries, and since hyperinflation forecasted by Austrians (heh) still hasn't shown up, we can, say... use unemployed laborers to fix our roads and bridges, demolish obsolete buildings, etc. Hell, bond traders EXPECT the interest on issued debt to be inflated away right now.

StoopTroup
8/18/2011, 02:39 PM
I think this is all The University of Miami's fault. :D

pphilfran
8/18/2011, 02:41 PM
Or, since other sovereigns are willing to pay record lows for 10yr Treasuries, and since hyperinflation forecasted by Austrians (heh) still hasn't shown up, we can, say... use unemployed laborers to fix our roads and bridges, demolish obsolete buildings, etc. Hell, bond traders EXPECT the interest on issued debt to be inflated away right now.

I agree...

FaninAma
8/18/2011, 02:46 PM

I understand the big banks and corporations are hoarding cash right now but the worrisome aspect is that this hoarded cash can in no way compensate for an escalating recession unless it is released into the general consumer market.

What that tells me is the smart money expects things to get worse and they will only part with their hoard once they think we have hit bottom.....which might not be for a while now.

StoopTroup
8/18/2011, 02:48 PM
You gotta see the two Guidos Shepard has on Fox....lol

XingTheRubicon
8/18/2011, 02:49 PM
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5762/pervw.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/204/pervw.jpg/)

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/9747/pssk.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/pssk.jpg/)

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/5251/86971366.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/86971366.jpg/)

REDREX
Barack is still trying to "HELP"----that is very scarey

XingTheRubicon
waiting for the bottom in 2014

FaninAma
8/18/2011, 02:51 PM
Oh, one other thing. Go back and check the historical interests rates on US Treasury bonds right before and during the Great Depression.

StoopTroup
8/18/2011, 02:53 PM
Oh, one other thing. Go back and check the historical interests rates on US Treasury bonds right before and during the Great Depression.

Was the President on vacation and running his campaign for his 3rd term?

XingTheRubicon
8/18/2011, 02:56 PM
Was the President on vacation and running his campaign for his 3rd term?

He didn't take too much time off...maybe we should strap Obama to a wheelchair.

pphilfran
8/18/2011, 02:57 PM
He didn't take too much time off...maybe we should strap Obama to a wheel chair.

Made my day!

tommieharris91
8/18/2011, 02:58 PM
I understand the big banks and corporations are hoarding cash right now but the worrisome aspect is that this hoarded cash can in no way compensate for an escalating recession unless it is released into the general consumer market.

What that tells me is the smart money expects things to get worse and they will only part with their hoard once they think we have hit bottom.....which might not be for a while now.

You know the disease, but you will really hate the cure.

NormanPride
8/18/2011, 02:59 PM
Is it that pink stuff? Because that stuff is delicious.

tommieharris91
8/18/2011, 03:08 PM
Is it that pink stuff? Because that stuff is delicious.

It involves rear ends.

NormanPride
8/18/2011, 03:11 PM
...some rear ends are pink...

:(

Sooner24
8/18/2011, 03:19 PM
He didn't take too much time off...maybe we should strap Obama to a wheelchair.

He can get one free using his Obama Care Card.

soonercruiser
8/18/2011, 03:24 PM
"Consumer and businessperson confidence"!

SanJoaquinSooner
8/18/2011, 06:14 PM
These times remind me of the 70's - 74/75.

We were winding up our Viet Nam War loss, pressuring a president to resign from office, looking at a dismal stock market, facing a second dip in a deep recession, and contemplating electing a new president who would eventully tell us we are suffering from malaise.

We eventually climbed out for a nearly continuous 25 year bull run.

StoopTroup
8/18/2011, 08:24 PM
These times remind me of the 70's - 74/75.

We were winding up our Viet Nam War loss, pressuring a president to resign from office, looking at a dismal stock market, facing a second dip in a deep recession, and contemplating electing a new president who would eventully tell us we are suffering from malaise.

We eventually climbed out for a nearly continuous 25 year bull run.

Good point.

Also it's funny how while the CEO of Fox is facing "One of the most humbling experiences of his Life", Fox and the Tea Party and the GOP Candidates are trying to turn every trip to the bath room, every birthday party for his kid, A Vacation, Bus Trip etc...into some sort of "OMG THE SKY IS FALLING ! ! ! ! WTF IS HE DOING?" moment.

Right now Newt is on Hannity bitching about his Bus being a Gas Hog.....lol

I think what the POTUS does is going to be different than what regular People are going to do and when he goes out traveling right before the 10th Anniversary of 9-11-01 and there has been a valid threat by Al Queda for a 10 year reminder of what they did to the WTC that if he wanted to have a Town Hall in America somewhere rather than play it safe sitting in a Bunker or the White House, I think it's fair that the Secret Service take some precautions.

I know some folks might disagree but it's possible that it was a dry run to test their security before he went out on the road to Campaign.

I also know some folk might disagree but doing such things makes sense to me as we don't need another POTUS shot or killed right before an election. The best thing that can happen is that America is allowed to let the election process happen and try to squash any Al Queda attacks on our Country before they happen this time.

It's also possible that Martha's Vineyard is a "Wag the Dog" event just the same as all the Crawford Texas trips Bush took. Was "W" Homesick or just making a Trip Home and allowing the details to better themselves and keep them sharp and allow himself some time at Home?

Everytime I've heard a POTUS or Vice POTUS leaves the White House since 9-11-01, the Secret Service detail has disrupted the regular lives of Americans.

I think all of these events right now probably have the Secret Service crapping their pants everyday we get closer to 9-11-2011. Hopefully we will catch anyone that tries to avenge our attack on Al Queda or the Killing of OBL or any of the idiots that have stood beside OBL and carried on his whack job Ideals.

GKeeper316
8/18/2011, 08:33 PM
doesn't hoarding money contribute to the bad economy? i mean if all that cash is just sitting in a bank account somewhere, it isn't being used to purchase goods and services, right? so why hoard it? its counter-productive to the overall health of the economy.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/19/2011, 12:41 AM

http://thebuttonwoodtree.wordpress.com/2011/05/24/libor-continues-to-grope-all-time-lows/Or, have a hypnotist remove the word "Keynesian" from your memory bank.