PDA

View Full Version : Hey Nero, the Dow is down 400 points...

sappstuf
8/18/2011, 01:49 PM
I know you said that jobs package will not be out until September.. You are at least working on it.. Right?

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d102/sappstuf/nero.jpg

OutlandTrophy
8/18/2011, 01:50 PM
that's a nice ladies bicycle he is riding

pphilfran
8/18/2011, 02:11 PM
If I was in Congress I would be in DC this week...going to my seat in chamber and using my laptop to communicate with my constituents...

Each morning I would have my staff meetings in chamber...

I would let my constituents know that in our current financial environment it is far more important for me to be in DC than in my state...

I would have my Town Hall meeting via the laptop...

It wouldn't be long before the TV cameras would be in my face....and at that time I would make the people in my state proud....

NormanPride
8/18/2011, 02:14 PM
Why don't you run? I'd vote for you in a heartbeat just from the opinions you've voiced here.

Veritas
8/18/2011, 02:14 PM
I dunno about you sapp but I'd rather have Obama riding bicycles with his kids than trying to play President, so I hope this is a pic of him on his first day of a very long trip to find himself.

NormanPride
8/18/2011, 02:23 PM
That doesn't look like Kenya.

StoopTroup
8/18/2011, 02:27 PM
that's a nice ladies bicycle he is riding

We are in a near depression, Congress only allowed him to get a rental.

pphilfran
8/18/2011, 02:31 PM
Why don't you run? I'd vote for you in a heartbeat just from the opinions you've voiced here.

I could see it now...

Mr. pphilfran....have you ever done drugs....

Me: errrrrrrrrr

Mr. pphilfran...have you ever had sex with multiple partners...

Me: errrrrrrr

Veritas
8/18/2011, 03:00 PM
I could see it now...

That's why I should run.

Mr. Veritittays....have you ever done drugs....

Me: **** yeah!

Mr. Veritittays...have you ever had sex with multiple partners...

My slogan would be "Hooker, blow, and massive spending cuts."

pphilfran
8/18/2011, 03:03 PM
That's why I should run.

Mr. Veritittays....have you ever done drugs....

Mr. Veritittays...have you ever had sex with multiple partners...

My slogan would be "Hooker, blow, and massive spending cuts."

Hip, hip....HOORAY!

NormanPride
8/18/2011, 03:03 PM
I honestly think that people will forgive that crap in this economy if you sound like you have a real plan for fixing things.

soonercruiser
8/18/2011, 03:27 PM
We are in a near depression, Congress only allowed him to get a rental.

At least it's not $Million bicycle.
:rolleyes:

oudavid1
8/18/2011, 03:32 PM
OBAMA, YOU ARE NOT A FATHER!!!!!

Seriously guys, lighten up. He may be the president, but he is also still human.

BU BEAR
8/18/2011, 03:37 PM

BU BEAR
8/18/2011, 03:40 PM
OBAMA, YOU ARE NOT A FATHER!!!!!

Seriously guys, lighten up. He may be the president, but he is also still human.

This is the guy who intimated that he could stop the oceans from rising. He cannot even stop the Dow from falling; and what kind of a loser-sissy man puts on one of those dorky John Kerry helmets when he rides a bike on a smooth path?

I prefer that he be on vacation. I prefer he take off for another year and a half. Just resign, clown. Leave office now.

sappstuf
8/18/2011, 04:32 PM
If I was in Congress I would be in DC this week...going to my seat in chamber and using my laptop to communicate with my constituents...

Each morning I would have my staff meetings in chamber...

I would let my constituents know that in our current financial environment it is far more important for me to be in DC than in my state...

I would have my Town Hall meeting via the laptop...

It wouldn't be long before the TV cameras would be in my face....and at that time I would make the people in my state proud....

That is what you would do phil...

This is what Obama did:

Daily economic briefings disappear from Obama's White House schedule (http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/164985-obamas-daily-economic-briefings-disappear)

sappstuf
8/18/2011, 04:35 PM
I could see it now...

Your response: Damn straight.. I drive a Porsche!

My response: Don't badger me on how I choose to stimulate the economy!!

Tulsa_Fireman
8/18/2011, 04:37 PM
I said it when Bush was in office and I'll say it again.

Do you think he stops being the President when he's on vacation? Remember the volumes of people that complained about all the time Bush spent in Crawford?

Remember the volumes of people that complained about all the time Obama spent on vacation?

You people kill me.

pphilfran
8/18/2011, 04:45 PM
I said it when Bush was in office and I'll say it again.

Do you think he stops being the President when he's on vacation? Remember the volumes of people that complained about all the time Bush spent in Crawford?

Remember the volumes of people that complained about all the time Obama spent on vacation?

You people kill me.

It is about perception...

We have a mess on our hands...confidence is plunging daily...the crops are failing...

Congress and the Prez should get their azzes in gear, get some items complete, and try to restore some confidence in business and the masses....

At times in the past I have worked for months on end without a day off when things were going badly...

And the problems I was trying to resolve were nothing compared to the trouble we have brewing...

oudavid1
8/18/2011, 05:17 PM
This is the guy who intimated that he could stop the oceans from rising. He cannot even stop the Dow from falling; and what kind of a loser-sissy man puts on one of those dorky John Kerry helmets when he rides a bike on a smooth path?

I prefer that he be on vacation. I prefer he take off for another year and a half. Just resign, clown. Leave office now.

Not that I really agree with everything you just said, but I have to admire your vocabulary. Nice word.

sappstuf
8/18/2011, 10:03 PM
It is about perception...

We have a mess on our hands...confidence is plunging daily...the crops are failing...

Congress and the Prez should get their azzes in gear, get some items complete, and try to restore some confidence in business and the masses....

At times in the past I have worked for months on end without a day off when things were going badly...

And the problems I was trying to resolve were nothing compared to the trouble we have brewing...

If my numbers on the economy looked like Obama's, going to Martha's Vineyard would be the absolute last thing on my mind.

http://www.nationalreview.com/sites/default/files/nfs/uploaded/u12/2011/08/smrx1huede2nra9ekfcpqg.gif

sheepdogs
8/18/2011, 10:14 PM
If my numbers on the economy looked like Obama's, going to Martha's Vineyard would be the absolute last thing on my mind.

http://www.nationalreview.com/sites/default/files/nfs/uploaded/u12/2011/08/smrx1huede2nra9ekfcpqg.gif

If he stayed at the White House 24/7 rather than play miniature golf at Island Cove would that change the economy in a meaningful way? As stated previously, the presidency is by and large a figurehead position.

pphilfran
8/18/2011, 10:23 PM
If he stayed at the White House 24/7 rather than play miniature golf at Island Cove would that change the economy in a meaningful way? As stated previously, the presidency is by and large a figurehead position.

It would damn sure be a start of trying to gain some confidence...

It looks bad to many when he talks about people losing jobs and being out of work for years...losing houses...401k to zero...

But off on vacation to go...again...will give ya my plan in a few weeks...

That is what a lot of the public sees...

sheepdogs
8/18/2011, 10:31 PM
It would damn sure be a start of trying to gain some confidence...

It looks bad to many when he talks about people losing jobs and being out of work for years...losing houses...401k to zero...

But off on vacation to go...again...will give ya my plan in a few weeks...

That is what a lot of the public sees...

The problem is the public often doesn't know what it's talking about, especially when dealing w/complex matters. If you heard of an old friend who passed away and you were wrestling with whether to attend the funeral would you expect to see your deceased friend alive or dead if you attended the funeral? Point being, some things just don't magically change for the better because you choose to attend or not attend. Perception can only change so much and I highly doubt it changes the "inevitable." Some people are dreamers and they often resemble obstacles as opposed to a conduit for change.

sappstuf
8/18/2011, 10:38 PM

It is his job to build and run the executive branch... That doesn't sound like a figurehead position to me.

I'm don't doubt that he built a sh**** team, but I still hold him responsible.

pphilfran
8/18/2011, 10:40 PM
The problem is the public often doesn't know what it's talking about, especially when dealing w/complex matters. If you heard of an old friend who passed away and you were wrestling with whether to attend the funeral would you expect to see your deceased friend alive or dead if you attended the funeral? Point being, some things just don't magically change for the better because you choose to attend or not attend. Perception can only change so much and I highly doubt it changes the "inevitable." Some people are dreamers and they often resemble obstacles as opposed to a conduit for change.

You can see that there are those on this board that don't like to see him and his family trotting around somewhere every other week...

He could make a hell of a lot of points by saying he and his family are going to sacrifice a little during these difficult times...we will cut out vacation trips for the rest of the year...millions of American families won't be taking vacations the rest of the year, we will do the same...

Congress needs to get their azzes back in DC and put to bed some of the questions hanging over our countries heads...

If you were CEO of a company that was running as poorly as the US legislative system and economy would you take time off and then let your executive officers and staff off for a month?

The shareholders would toss your butt into the streets...

sheepdogs
8/18/2011, 10:48 PM
You can see that there are those on this board that don't like to see him and his family trotting around somewhere every other week...

He could make a hell of a lot of points by saying he and his family are going to sacrifice a little during these difficult times...we will cut out vacation trips for the rest of the year...millions of American families won't be taking vacations the rest of the year, we will do the same...

Congress needs to get their azzes back in DC and put to bed some of the questions hanging over our countries heads...

If you were CEO of a company that was running as poorly as the US legislative system and economy would you take time off and then let your executive officers and staff off for a month?

The difference is a CEO has much more of a direct hands on approach on a day to day basis which the company will either live or die by while the ineffectiveness of politics

The shareholders would toss your butt into the streets...

The difference is a CEO has much more of a direct hands on approach on a day to day basis which the company will either live or die by while the ineffectiveness of politics slows down change to a snails pace.

In addition, most people just like to complain. It's there way of dealing with things which they have no vocation for.

pphilfran
8/18/2011, 10:58 PM
The difference is a CEO has much more of a direct hands on approach on a day to day basis which the company will either live or die by while the ineffectiveness of politics slows down change to a snails pace.

In addition, most people just like to complain. It's there way of dealing with things which they have no vocation for.

I don't care what the difference is...

He is the HMFIC and he is the head a lousy economy...he bought into a half azz plan that got us downgraded...a plan that was put in place at the last hours...after they had all taken a week off...

None of them know the meaning of a time schedule..we will see every major bill 5 days before he signs em...we are lucky to get 5 minutes notice...

The whole lot of them needs to be in DC and putting some questions behind us and attempting to get a little confidence back into the public...

And gallivanting around ain't gonna do that....gallivanting...haven't used that in a long time...