PDA

View Full Version : We've had threads about the worst drivers

Partial Qualifier
8/18/2011, 08:52 AM
among the different races & genders, and I pretty much agree with all that's been said in those threads, but I wish to point out:

White people, mostly white women, are generally the only people who do this deal:

1) Go less than speed limit in the fast lane
2) Decelerate even further when they see someone behind them
3) If you try the "slow" lane to pass this person.. they speed back up
4) They actively try to prevent passing by paralleling a slow driver in the other lane
5) You get back in the fast lane behind them? They slow way down
6) If you finally get around one of these dumbasses, they'll honk & flip you off :confused:

I'm sure there are isolated incidents involving other demographics, but 9 times out of 10 it's a white woman. Amiwrong?

olevetonahill
8/18/2011, 09:11 AM
Bitches Man Bitches.

KantoSooner
8/18/2011, 09:12 AM
You are not wrong.
I would attribute it, in part, to the heavy use of cruise control and a lack of discipline in monitoring the mirrors.
These, in turn, are generally related to the attention required by applying makeup AND texting simultaneously.

BermudaSooner
8/18/2011, 09:17 AM
Regarding #1, I don't agree it is normally a white woman--it is normally someone clueless as to the proper etiquette. When I pass someone on the right, I generally give them a "I'm disappointed in you" look. In most cases I get a clueless look in response. I don't think people in #1 are in any racial or gender category--but they do seem to drive minivans a lot.

As for #2--yep. I agree.

#3--I solved this problem--bought a 500+ HP car. Not an issue.

#4 I think this is generally men that don't like to get passed

#6 Again, I think these are generally men.

NormanPride
8/18/2011, 09:19 AM
I don't mind most "bad" drivers, because chances are they're just distracted or in a hurry. What I hate with a burning passion is "careful" drivers. Those drivers that go five under the speed limit everywhere, wait WAY too long to merge, and generally disobey normal driving standards to obey whatever warped vision of careful driving they have.

Those are the people that get flustered when other drivers around them start passing them, or honk when they're interrupting the flow of things with their weird driving habits. Once they get flustered they make mistakes, and their mistakes are always dangerous to everyone but them. They merge at stupid times because they get scared of people honking at them, they swerve into another lane to avoid people tailgating them or to "allow someone to pass". They stop at random intervals to let other cars in as a courtesy even though the cars do not even remotely have the right of way... And as a result of all this, OTHER cars are impacted and get into wrecks. It's criminal.

Hot Rod
8/18/2011, 09:25 AM

It's usually college/teenage girls texting. I don't like texting and driving. If you want to communicate with that person, most phones do come with speakerphones. It's not worth jeopardizing yourself and others around you, by not paying attention to the roads and other drivers.

saucysoonergal
8/18/2011, 09:33 AM
I am an excellent driver btw. Why do the idiots talking on their cellies drive 10 miles under the limit?

KantoSooner
8/18/2011, 09:40 AM
Saucy, it's a variant of walking and chewing gum at the same time. They just can't monitor their speed and talk simultaneously.

P.S. I will give them a pass on this if they are flamboyantly nice looking. Then, again, I'd probably give them a pass on shooting my best friend if they are flamboyantly nice looking. I'm ecumenical that way.

Barry's_Scowl
8/18/2011, 09:43 AM
among the different races & genders, and I pretty much agree with all that's been said in those threads, but I wish to point out:

White people, mostly white women, are generally the only people who do this deal:

4) They actively try to prevent passing by paralleling a slow driver in the other lane
6) If you finally get around one of these dumbasses, they'll honk & flip you off :confused:

I'm sure there are isolated incidents involving other demographics, but 9 times out of 10 it's a white woman. Amiwrong?

White woman, big sunglasses, talking on her cell phone while the kids sit in the back with a DVD running. And when you flip her off, she's still too oblivious to notice, so you get no satisfaction.

Partial Qualifier
8/18/2011, 09:44 AM
I am an excellent driver btw. Why do the idiots talking on their cellies drive 10 miles under the limit?

Because they're idiots! I get it - we all need to talk on the phone while driving at some points in our lives, but clue the **** in.

BTW I notice more men than women go into that slow-down autopilot mode while on the phone. Womens be better at that type of multitasking :)

BermudaSooner
8/18/2011, 09:44 AM
They stop at random intervals to let other cars in as a courtesy even though the cars do not even remotely have the right of way.

^^^this drives me nuts. You think you are being nice by letting somebody in, but in reality you are being an a-hole to the 50 cars behind you.

Oh, and when coming up to a stop light where you are going straight, it is not OK to get over into the right hand lane if you aren't turning right. Just cause you don't want to be the 2nd person in the left hand lane, doesn't mean I've got to wait to turn right on red--you are just being a dumbass.

Partial Qualifier
8/18/2011, 09:59 AM
^^^this drives me nuts. You think you are being nice by letting somebody in, but in reality you are being an a-hole to the 50 cars behind you.

Oh, and when coming up to a stop light where you are going straight, it is not OK to get over into the right hand lane if you aren't turning right. Just cause you don't want to be the 2nd person in the left hand lane, doesn't mean I've got to wait to turn right on red--you are just being a dumbass.

great points

Veritas
8/18/2011, 10:08 AM
The drivers that I'd like to have a missile launcher on my roof to deal with are men in minivans.

Yeah, I realize that you were cool once upon a time and that you're still epicly cool. Your goatee and backwards turned hat make that clear.

I recognize that the wife's asleep, the kids are watching Bob the Builder, so you've managed to creep up to seven over without getting nagged, and you're proud of that. Good for you.

But get the f*ck out of the fast lane. You saw me coming two miles back and we both know it. Don't make me pass you on the right. I'll tap the downshift paddle twice, hit the 'fast and loud' button on the steering wheel and your family will wake up when I blast by.

So please, if you want to continue daydreaming about your wife's best friend, just put on that signal lamp and move that boat out of the way.

NormanPride
8/18/2011, 10:11 AM
Signal lamp? Is that what Huskers call it?

OutlandTrophy
8/18/2011, 10:12 AM
I don't mind most "bad" drivers, because chances are they're just distracted or in a hurry. What I hate with a burning passion is "careful" drivers. Those drivers that go five under the speed limit everywhere, wait WAY too long to merge, and generally disobey normal driving standards to obey whatever warped vision of careful driving they have.

Those are the people that get flustered when other drivers around them start passing them, or honk when they're interrupting the flow of things with their weird driving habits. Once they get flustered they make mistakes, and their mistakes are always dangerous to everyone but them. They merge at stupid times because they get scared of people honking at them, they swerve into another lane to avoid people tailgating them or to "allow someone to pass". They stop at random intervals to let other cars in as a courtesy even though the cars do not even remotely have the right of way... And as a result of all this, OTHER cars are impacted and get into wrecks. It's criminal.

no doubt. I damn near killed a mini van last week going through the PikePass land in the HE Bailey. She slowed down to 20mph!!!

:les: GO 75 + through the freaking PikePass lane idjits!!!!

Veritas
8/18/2011, 10:15 AM
Signal lamp? Is that what Huskers call it?
No. I don't know why the **** I called the turn signal that. I watched Top Gear all day yesterday...maybe that's it.

NormanPride
8/18/2011, 10:15 AM
That's dangerous... I freaking abhor those people. I really think driving tests should be more stringent.

NormanPride
8/18/2011, 10:16 AM
No. I don't know why the **** I called the turn signal that. I watched Top Gear all day yesterday...maybe that's it.
Forgiven for watching the best show on the tele.

Veritas
8/18/2011, 10:17 AM
Forgiven for watching the best show on the tele.
Thank you. And it was the real version, not the ****ty American version with Tanner Foust and two toolbags.

OUDoc
8/18/2011, 10:32 AM
Thank you. And it was the real version, not the ****ty American version with Tanner Foust and two toolbags.

They are growing on me a little but it's painfully obvious they aren't as good as the original version.

NormanPride
8/18/2011, 10:38 AM
One cannot match perfection.

3rdgensooner
8/18/2011, 11:00 AM
#4 I think this is generally men that don't like to get passed

#6 Again, I think these are generally men.
I do the Turner Turnpike turnaround at least 25 times a year. It is not always women who drive slow in the left lane.

I do notice that the slow left lane cars have a higher frequency of Texas tags and/or OSU flare.

BermudaSooner
8/18/2011, 01:41 PM
I'll tap the downshift paddle twice, hit the 'fast and loud' button on the steering wheel and your family will wake up when I blast by.

Hey Husker, what are you driving?

lexsooner
8/18/2011, 02:48 PM

Are you saying white women act the most passive-aggressively behind the wheel? I think the most aggressive and entitled drivers are white males. Black and Hispanic guys may scare white guys on the street, but behind the wheel the white guys drive like they rule.

Veritas
8/18/2011, 02:56 PM
Are you saying white women act the most passive-aggressively behind the wheel? I think the most aggressive and entitled drivers are white males.
Women drive passive aggressively.
Men drive aggressive aggressively.

Broad brush here, but I think that's what he was saying. And if not, that's what I'm saying.

Partial Qualifier
8/18/2011, 02:58 PM
Are you saying white women act the most passive-aggressively behind the wheel? I think the most aggressive and entitled drivers are white males. Black and Hispanic guys may scare white guys on the street, but behind the wheel the white guys drive like they rule.

No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm only saying that whole "I'm gonna actively hold up traffic and honk at/flip off those who manage to get by me" thing is owned by white females. Sure another demographic will do it, but it seems (in my experience) to be white women more often than not.

BermudaSooner
8/18/2011, 03:02 PM
No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm only saying that whole "I'm gonna actively hold up traffic and honk at/flip off those who manage to get by me" thing is owned by white females. Sure another demographic will do it, but it seems (in my experience) to be white women more often than not.

Maybe the more appropriate question would be, why do white women hate you?

Just kidding...

StoopTroup
8/18/2011, 03:04 PM
The drivers that I'd like to have a missile launcher on my roof to deal with are men in minivans.

Yeah, I realize that you were cool once upon a time and that you're still epicly cool. Your goatee and backwards turned hat make that clear.

I recognize that the wife's asleep, the kids are watching Bob the Builder, so you've managed to creep up to seven over without getting nagged, and you're proud of that. Good for you.

But get the f*ck out of the fast lane. You saw me coming two miles back and we both know it. Don't make me pass you on the right. I'll tap the downshift paddle twice, hit the 'fast and loud' button on the steering wheel and your family will wake up when I blast by.

So please, if you want to continue daydreaming about your wife's best friend, just put on that signal lamp and move that boat out of the way.

Not a Minivan but kind of a retro Minivan :D

GXfZIKl2upE

Partial Qualifier
8/18/2011, 03:11 PM
Women drive passive aggressively.
Men drive aggressive aggressively.

Broad brush here, but I think that's what he was saying. And if not, that's what I'm saying.

Well, I mean, hey -- everybody's human, we all have bad days that spill over sometimes. And if you want to **** with other drivers on a busy 4-lane highway, great. But when you're at the point where it's personal, you're backing up traffic for a half mile, and you're wildly honking/flipping people off who manage to get past your sorry ***... it's time to take some Midol or something

Veritas
8/18/2011, 03:13 PM
While we're talking about driving annoyances, I do have to bring something up about driving through Oklahoma.

I travel through OK on 35 a lot. At least once a month. Every single time I get what my wife and I have started to refer to as our Sooner Schooner: a pickup truck or SUV that wants to use me to front run radar for them. I have no issue with this, I do the same thing, but Schooner drivers don't seem to realize that two car lengths off my bumper at 90 with the brights on is really poor etiquette.

So next time you're on I-35 and you're 10 feet off the bumper of a gray sedan with Texas plates that have Husker colors and emblems on them (weird, I know, Husker Texas plates), please...just give me a few more car lengths.

Partial Qualifier
8/18/2011, 03:16 PM
Or - if a few more car lengths reduce the draft to a negligible amount, just turn your headlights off.