PDA

View Full Version : End of the Al Golden Era in Miami?

agoo758
8/17/2011, 10:34 PM
Already?

Why not?

If I were him, I'd get out as soon as I can.

Your thoughts?

Discuss.....

VA Sooner
8/17/2011, 10:56 PM
He's standing on a sinking ship.

He's got three current All-Americans that may be guilty and most likely will have to sit the season out while this investigation goes on.

Unless they go all out, play all the allegedly guilty players and hope for the best. They have nothing to lose otherwise.

But it doesn't look good for Al. You know that Jim Tressel is one very, very relieved man right now. So is the president of tOSU.

TIMB0B
8/17/2011, 10:56 PM
I'm sure Kansas will have an opening after this season.

silverwheels
8/17/2011, 11:00 PM
If Miami knew about the pending investigation (and I think they did), he should be able to get out without penalty. I would hope he put that clause in his contract, anyway.

ouwasp
8/17/2011, 11:21 PM
He'll stick out this season I'm guessing. Now, if he had no idea this bomb was ticking, Al oughta be pretty steamed...

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/18/2011, 02:32 AM
****, if he needs a job, come to OU, that dude won at Temple...yeah that Temple

Soonermagik
8/18/2011, 06:57 AM
Yesterday he said they University should have told him about the investigation before hiring him. IMHO, by him saying that he's not happy and the possibility of him leaving is high.

If Miami gets the death penalty or close to it why would Golden stay? How is he going to recruit if there will be no bowl games for 4-5 years??? I'm sure his agent is already looking for him another job.

fadada1
8/18/2011, 07:04 AM
Crappy situation for him. My wife is a Temple grad and told her they should hold on to him for as long a JoePa is still alive. He would've been perfect for PSU.

Something is telling me that UM is going to end up paying him (A LOT) regardless of if he stays or goes.

badger
8/18/2011, 07:45 AM
I'm sure Kansas will have an opening after this season.

I don't think KU can afford to let Turner Gill go. As was the case with Mangino, no buyout. The only reason they could dump Mark was because there were all these pansy players coming out to say what a big meanie he was. Otherwise, they would have been STUCK.

cleller
8/18/2011, 09:38 PM
He should concentrate on the beaches, the Keys, and looking up Dexter locations. (I know most of that is really LA.)