PDA

View Full Version : Texas Job Creation

StoopTroup
8/17/2011, 07:36 PM
It's a marvelous thing Mr. Parry has done down there.

Federal Government Jobs - up 7%

State Government Jobs - up 8.4%

Local Government Jobs - up 6.1%

PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS - down 0.5%

Now since he's gonna run on his Record as a 3 Time Governor of the great State of texas...we do have to admit the number of new jobs in texas is around 262,000 but by the looks of those percentages if he did create new jobs, he's not exactly following the Wisconsin Formula that seems to have excited some people.

Oh Dear Lord...please don't put us through 4-8 years of another Mission Accomplished President. I know we have sinned but really, does making him POTUS really make the crime fit the punishment?

I guess the old Democratic roots never really disappear.

KABOOKIE
8/17/2011, 07:46 PM
whaaaa. only a bitch would whine about job growth.

StoopTroup
8/17/2011, 07:47 PM
Yet he's doing it.

Peach Fuzz
8/17/2011, 07:54 PM
And who is a better choice?

JLEW1818
8/17/2011, 07:56 PM
oleVet

OutlandTrophy
8/17/2011, 08:01 PM
link?

StoopTroup
8/17/2011, 08:03 PM
Vet? Damn we are gonna have us a Gator in the Oval Office Coffee Table soon. It's gonna be awesome.

Wait.

Can you get impeached for that?

I probably better look into this. :D

StoopTroup
8/17/2011, 08:04 PM
link?

CNN - Anderson Cooper. I believe you can watch the replay at Midnight if you want.

Do I get Green SPEK for verifying my source ?

OutlandTrophy
8/17/2011, 08:06 PM
no, you're just making stuff up

StoopTroup
8/17/2011, 08:08 PM
no, you're just making stuff up

You wish. BTW.

**** off Dip****.

Curly Bill
8/17/2011, 08:08 PM
Hey ST, I'm still waiting for you to explain how when he's elected he's gonna put the USA on the gold standard???

OutlandTrophy
8/17/2011, 08:09 PM
You wish. BTW.

**** off Dip****.

your momma.

tommieharris91
8/17/2011, 08:10 PM
Hey ST, I'm still waiting for you to explain how when he's elected he's gonna put the USA on the gold standard???

That's Paul's stance, not Perry's... I think.

Curly Bill
8/17/2011, 08:11 PM

According to ST Perry's gonna do it, and I keep waiting for him to explain.

StoopTroup
8/17/2011, 08:11 PM
parry or paul? Or are we gonna have them both one as POTUS and the other as Vice POTUS?

Or will Bachman buy her way in? I mean putting a Woman in as either of them as their VP running Mate turned out terrific last time.

OutlandTrophy
8/17/2011, 08:12 PM
According to ST Perry's gonna do it, and I keep waiting for him to explain.

hahahaha, good luck with that!

OutlandTrophy
http://www.governor.state.tx.us/files/ecodev/State_to_State.pdf

Curly Bill
parry or paul? Or are we gonna have them both one as POTUS and the other as Vice POTUS?

Or will Bachman buy her way in? I mean putting a Woman in as either of them as their VP running Mate turned out terrific last time.

:confused: :confused:

OutlandTrophy
8/17/2011, 08:15 PM
Over 850,000 jobs were created on Gov Perry's watch

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2010/sep/23/rick-perry/gov-rick-perry-says-texas-has-created-more-850000-/

StoopTroup
8/17/2011, 08:17 PM
hahahaha, good luck with that!

Instead of your usual drive by posting why don't you just find some actual numbers to disprove what was said?

I really don't want another dooshbag for POTUS.

I really would vote for someone that I thought would be a Patriotic Flag Waving Leader that would use the Executive Branch to lead instead of allow them into the White House for a Photo Op.

Them = the folks that think they are in charge and didn't get elected POTUS.

OutlandTrophy
8/17/2011, 08:17 PM
psssst, look up

MR2-Sooner86
8/17/2011, 08:18 PM

Correct, Paul is the one supporting the gold standard. I haven't heard anything from Perry saying he is. I mean he could be but I haven't heard it or seen it reported. His anti-Fed talk has been picking up quite a bit the past couple of weeks though.

StoopTroup
8/17/2011, 08:22 PM
psssst, look up

All I see is Presidential Hopefuls when I look up

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Yz8UrquOEG8/TIz16a2Be9I/AAAAAAAABKI/D6-ZIR85o7k/s1600/10-03-christine-o-donnell-delaware.jpg_full_380.jpg

Curly Bill
8/17/2011, 08:23 PM
I've never heard anything about Perry supporting a gold standard either, but ST made the claim that if he were elected he'd put us on it. I'm still waiting for ST to support his statement.

I think I can prolly just give up on that though.

OutlandTrophy
8/17/2011, 08:23 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/al_gore.gif

StoopTroup
8/17/2011, 08:24 PM

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2010/sep/23/rick-perry/gov-rick-perry-says-texas-has-created-more-850000-/

LMAO.

Using him as his own source. Nice.

Thanks for proving my point

We also wondered how many jobs were created in the state government — Perry's domain. According to the Texas Workforce Commission, Texas had 334,100 state government jobs in 2001, the year Perry took office, and 369,800 in 2009 — an increase of 35,700 jobs, or 10.7 percent, on Perry's watch.

OutlandTrophy
8/17/2011, 08:26 PM
uhhhhh, if you try to read the words you will see that the fact checker is the Austin American Statesman.

I know reading can be hard but if you will just stick with it you will get it figured out.

OutlandTrophy
8/17/2011, 08:29 PM
I'm going to take my victory lap now and then climb into bed.

trwxxa
8/17/2011, 08:30 PM
ST, at least the AAS article had a time reference and the numbers are believable, I don't see a time reference on your stats.

With that said, I can not endorse Perry for POTUS. The way he has handled Texas over the past 6 years has been mediocre at best. His management of the legislature does not give me confidence that he can fix our current US Congressional ineptitude.

sooner_born_1960
8/17/2011, 08:32 PM
Oh fercryinoutloud. It's just August 2011. Can we wait til after football season?

Curly Bill
8/17/2011, 08:32 PM
I'm not a big Perry fan either, but he's got this going for him:

He's not Obama!

47straight
8/17/2011, 08:33 PM
People I've known who have moved to Texas for middle to very-upper-middle class jobs: literally over a hundred. (not figuratively, either.)

People I've know who have moved to Texas for gub'mint jobs: 6.

People over the age of 16 I know who live in Texas and make minimum wage: 0.

Heck, I'd be thrilled if you could get away with paying someone minimum wage in this town. The BBQ place advertises $12 an hour to start. The fellows-of-questionable-immigration-status hanging out at the Home Depot for day-labor work insist on at least $10 an hour.

Do you know what I'd find really fascinating? If Anderson Cooper applied the same scrutiny to national job increases touted over the last 2 years as evidence as he tried and failed to apply to the Texas job situation. Someone should tell him that Obama also doesn't support same-sex marriage so it's really a wash.

Curly Bill
8/17/2011, 08:33 PM
Oh fercryinoutloud. It's just August 2011. Can we wait til after football season?

Sure! You can wait as long as you want. ;)

47straight
8/17/2011, 08:34 PM
The way he has handled Texas over the past 6 years has been mediocre at best. His management of the legislature does not give me confidence that he can fix our current US Congressional ineptitude.

Now I'm really confused. Every time there is a piece of good news from Texas, I am told that the governorship is just a figurehead in Texas and Perry didn't have anything to do with it.

Good results --> Perry has no power, had nothing to do with it.

Bad results --> Perry sucks!

Surely you see my confusion.

sooner_born_1960
8/17/2011, 08:35 PM
Sure! You can wait as long as you want. ;)
Thanks.

tcrb
8/17/2011, 08:35 PM
A good number of private sector jobs have been lost in Texas since the onset of BHO's moratorium on drilling in the Gulf. And that had nothing to do with Perry. Link (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704488404575441760384563880.html)

Curly Bill
8/17/2011, 08:37 PM
A good number of private sector jobs have been lost in Texas since the onset of BHO's moratorium on drilling in the Gulf. And that had nothing to do with Perry. Link (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704488404575441760384563880.html)

Yeah but Brack is gonna focus on jobs now, so it'll be made right. ;)

tcrb
8/17/2011, 08:40 PM

Heh, maybe that's been his plan all along. Wait until the campaign get into full swing and then lift the moratorium, put all the oil rigs and refinery workers back to work and then brag about how he's fixed the unemployment problem.

****ing brilliant! :texan:

hawaii 5-0
8/17/2011, 08:41 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/al_gore.gif

LOL !!!! Perry's old boss. Sweet.

I guess Al Gore created a job for Perry. His Texas campaign chairman.

Jobs created.......... Al Gore 1
Rick Perry 0

5-0

Trump/ Lefty 2012

StoopTroup
8/17/2011, 08:51 PM
Some of you make good points however Cooper
Did mention that Job creation and simply being lucky that Texas is a large state with a lot of huge cities is a magnet for people to gravitate towards. Those jobs aren't really created if they came from another state.

Creation is a great buzz word and Parry is just another politician using them.

If you think Cooper didn't do his homework that's fine but Trophy's own site has him increasing the Jobs that Cooper was talking about at even higher percentages.

I just think you have to be blind if you don't see that Parry's greatness is about as awesome as any Meh Politician running for the most powerful job on Earth and that includes the Current POTUS. If we are going to elect a new POTUS I think we ought to be out shopping for the best instead of the next dooshbag that pops up on the National Medias Radar.

StoopTroup
8/17/2011, 08:53 PM

I know you nor I believe that and anyone that thinks it's gonna happen is living in OZ....lol

hawaii 5-0
8/17/2011, 09:13 PM
I know you nor I believe that and anyone that thinks it's gonna happen is living in OZ....lol

I guess this statement in the article needs to be updated.....

"Significantly, Perry doesn't overtly take personal credit for the state leading the nation in jobs gained over his years as governor."

5-0

Trump/ Snuffy 2012

trwxxa
8/17/2011, 09:45 PM
Now I'm really confused. Every time there is a piece of good news from Texas, I am told that the governorship is just a figurehead in Texas and Perry didn't have anything to do with it.

Good results --> Perry has no power, had nothing to do with it.

Bad results --> Perry sucks!

Surely you see my confusion.

To be honest, I have not seen any "good" lately. He did put in a new business tax a few years ago that brought companies into the state, but the tax revenues generated from these businesses is much less than expected or budgeted.

The state budget is a mess and he basically kicked the can down the road to 2013 because he could not broker the differences between the house and senate, not to mention he was planning his POTUS run. BTW, the Republicans hold majorities in both houses.

soonercruiser
8/17/2011, 09:45 PM
It's a marvelous thing Mr. Parry has done down there.

Federal Government Jobs - up 7%

State Government Jobs - up 8.4%

Local Government Jobs - up 6.1%

PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS - down 0.5%

Now since he's gonna run on his Record as a 3 Time Governor of the great State of texas...we do have to admit the number of new jobs in texas is around 262,000 but by the looks of those percentages if he did create new jobs, he's not exactly following the Wisconsin Formula that seems to have excited some people.

Oh Dear Lord...please don't put us through 4-8 years of another Mission Accomplished President. I know we have sinned but really, does making him POTUS really make the crime fit the punishment?

I guess the old Democratic roots never really disappear.

So, what do Obama's statistics look like?
How many million jobs lost??
Private sector jobs down 6%???
:rolleyes:

Even McLame could have run the conomy better on jobs!

trwxxa
8/17/2011, 09:49 PM

Same with the upcoming loss of jobs at NASA that hit this month. I'm sure the media will somehow pin this on Perry.

Curly Bill
8/17/2011, 09:50 PM
Same with the upcoming loss of jobs at NASA that hit this month. I'm sure the media will somehow pin this on Bush.

FIFY ;)

soonercruiser
8/17/2011, 09:54 PM
Did mention that Job creation and simply being lucky that Texas is a large state with a lot of huge cities is a magnet for people to gravitate towards. Those jobs aren't really created if they came from another state.

Creation is a great buzz word and Parry is just another politician using them.

If you think Cooper didn't do his homework that's fine but Trophy's own site has him increasing the Jobs that Cooper was talking about at even higher percentages.

I just think you have to be blind if you don't see that Parry's greatness is about as awesome as any Meh Politician running for the most powerful job on Earth and that includes the Current POTUS. If we are going to elect a new POTUS I think we ought to be out shopping for the best instead of the next dooshbag that pops up on the National Medias Radar.

Put this in your gubna pipe and smoke it!
147 major businesses moved to Texas last year!
And they weren't the legislatures from other states; like the Dems from Wisconsin.
:D

StoopTroup
8/17/2011, 10:02 PM
Put this in your gubna pipe and smoke it!
147 major businesses moved to Texas last year!
And they weren't the legislatures from other states; like the Dems from Wisconsin.
:D

You don't read so well and your ability to interpret things is still just as awful as it was the first day you started posting. You'd be hard pressed to give ole Leroid a run for his money on one of his worst days on this board.

147 major businesses moving to Texas isn't Job Creation. It's something that has been happening in Texas for a long time and they could be moving there to actually increase the overall unemployment levels by downsizing their workforce on the way to Texas.

Nice post though. Incredible jackassery too.

+1. LoL

TitoMorelli
8/17/2011, 10:42 PM
You don't read so well and your ability to interpret things is still just as awful as it was the first day you started posting. You'd be hard pressed to give ole Leroid a run for his money on one of his worst days on this board.

147 major businesses moving to Texas isn't Job Creation. It's something that has been happening in Texas for a long time and they could be moving there to actually increase the overall unemployment levels by downsizing their workforce on the way to Texas.

+1. LoL

Or it could be because they're all sycophants of a new and yet not widely known successor to Jim Jones, and the families are starting their own new version of Jonestown just outside the metroplex.

Or it could be because, as someone already suggested, they're all just stopping there momentarily en route to moving all the jobs to Mexico.

And then there's the infinitesimally small chance that companies are finding that Texas has been and continues to be much more friendly to business, and that both the cost and standard of living where they are setting up shop is far better than in most of the blue states.

But all the companies definitely could be moving there solely as a way to downsize, yep, I'd rate that one almost as slam-dunk as the new Jonestown theory.

soonercruiser
8/17/2011, 10:49 PM

+1. LoL

Businesses and jobs going to Texas isn't creating job in Texas.
Got It! That's jackassery thinking!

(That would mean that those jobs leaving California wouldn't have to be counted as jobs lost! Oh!) You must be one of Obama's advisors.

Stoopify!

Curly Bill
8/17/2011, 10:50 PM
Businesses and jobs going to Texas isn't creating job in Texas.
Got It! That's jackassery thinking!

(That would mean that those jobs leaving California wouldn't have to be counted as jobs lost! Oh!) You must be one of Obama's advisors.

Stoopify!

I'm not sure that ST isn't Obama. :D

tommieharris91
8/17/2011, 11:07 PM
One job moving to Texas from CA, IL, wherever = net neutral job creation for the US. Everyone here arguing over this is missing a major point: Perry won't be able to attract jobs from other areas of the world, especially when the US is still considered a business haven.

47straight
8/17/2011, 11:41 PM
One job moving to Texas from CA, IL, wherever = net neutral job creation for the US. Everyone here arguing over this is missing a major point: Perry won't be able to attract jobs from other areas of the world, especially when the US is still considered a business haven.

I've worked 3 different places in Texas. All aggressively have hired new and experienced people. All 3 places were businesses started in Texas. So the jobs weren't being moved, they were indeed being created.

hawaii 5-0
8/17/2011, 11:59 PM
I've worked 3 different places in Texas. All aggressively have hired new and experienced people. All 3 places were businesses started in Texas. So the jobs weren't being moved, they were indeed being created.

Rick Perry hired you to do 3 jobs?

Were they all minimum wage? Tough. I hope at least one has health coverage.

5-0

Trump/ Nurse Suzie 2012

TitoMorelli
8/18/2011, 12:23 AM

5-0

Trump/ Nurse Suzie 2012

I guess we should just get used to the fact that this is about the best you can do in terms of countering debate points.

StoopTroup
8/18/2011, 12:50 AM

I wonder how many more would have put Texas on the plus side of the Private Sector percentage?

GKeeper316
8/18/2011, 01:11 AM
pubes.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/18/2011, 01:15 AM
link?

He wouldn't make that up. It would be treason.

jkjsooner
8/18/2011, 08:22 AM

It could show that his policies work better than other governor's policies.

That said, Texas is in a unique situation. It's a low cost state (attractive in a down economy), did not have a massive real estate bubble (no eroding in wealth effect and not a lot of lost construction jobs), and can benefit from higher energy costs. I wouldn't give Perry too much credit for any of these.

jkjsooner
8/18/2011, 08:23 AM
Same with the upcoming loss of jobs at NASA that hit this month. I'm sure the media will somehow pin this on Perry.

Can't take credit without being willing to take blame.

tommieharris91
8/18/2011, 08:42 AM

That wasn't my point. Hiring like that happens in every state (note unemployment over the past 2 years.) My point was that many businesses are indeed moving to Texas. These job moves balance out to 0 fir the US.

jkjsooner
8/18/2011, 09:08 AM
That wasn't my point. Hiring like that happens in every state (note unemployment over the past 2 years.) My point was that many businesses are indeed moving to Texas. These job moves balance out to 0 fir the US.

The point is that as a US President, these same policies could bring jobs in from other countries and possibly also spur economic activities that would actually create jobs.

That ain't happening though. Texas is attractive cost wise compared to California. We're never going to be attractive compared to Mexico, India, or China unless we accept a much lower standard of living (or change our policies related to international commerce).

soonercruiser
8/18/2011, 10:00 AM

The bigger picture is "creating jobs" at all!
Obama can't seem to understand that; or, is unwilling to do anything against his ideology.
Perry Might! At least HE has some leadership and jobs experience.

soonercruiser
8/18/2011, 10:04 AM

That said, Texas is in a unique situation. It's a low cost state (attractive in a down economy), did not have a massive real estate bubble (no eroding in wealth effect and not a lot of lost construction jobs), and can benefit from higher energy costs. I wouldn't give Perry too much credit for any of these.

With reasoning like this, you should not be giving Bill Clinton any credit for the technology boom of the 90s, or the things that a Repug Congress made him do to move to the center and put more fuel in the American economy. (It cuts both ways)

Or, you could just whine like Obama.....bad luck.....bad luck. :(

47straight
8/18/2011, 10:08 AM

5-0

Trump/ Nurse Suzie 2012

You've just embarrassed yourself pretty badly. Salary smack against someone you don't even know. Way to go.

47straight
8/18/2011, 10:10 AM

Job. Creation.

You start a company. It makes a great new product or offers a great new service. Saves other people/businesses time/money. This is an increase in value and productivity to the overall economy. In the meantime the company hires more and more people.

Business is not always a zero-sum game where if you make a buck I can't make a buck.

47straight
8/18/2011, 10:11 AM
I wonder how many more would have put Texas on the plus side of the Private Sector percentage?

I wonder if you ever published a number that wasn't selectively made to ignore inconvenient facts?

47straight
8/18/2011, 10:12 AM

Oklahoma has all of those.

soonercruiser
8/18/2011, 10:13 AM
Just some stats and stories about states unfriendly to business; like CA vs Texas.

Paul Davidson, USA TODAY
Need a job?
Move to Texas

Finding work may not be quite that simple, but it sure seems that way. While the nation's job growth has limped along since the economic recovery began two years ago, the Lone Star State is enlarging payrolls in Texas-size fashion.

From June 2009 to June 2011 the state added 262,000 jobs, or half the USA's 524,000 payroll gains, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas and the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Even by a more conservative estimate that omits states with net job losses, Texas' advances make up 30% of the 1 million additions in the 34 states with net growth.

Nashed notes Texas has no state or corporate income tax and keeps regulations at a minimum to allow businesses to grow quickly. She says Perry also has worked to develop a skilled workforce by requiring additional public school classes and pushing through tort reform to limit frivolous lawsuits. The state, meantime, has doled out more than $600 million in grants and investments since 2003 to recruit out-of-state companies and help Texas firms expand.

Finding work may not be quite that simple, but it sure seems that way. ... to the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas and the Bureau of Labor Statistics. ... State officials cite a pro-business climate that Perry helped foster ...
http://www.tortreform.com/news/need-job-move-texas

http://www.andyfavor.net/Economic_Growth.html

Texas Gov. Rick Perry has made some high-profile trips to California, bragging that Texas has attracted 153 companies from the Golden State between January and August of 2010. He is citing Dun & Bradstreet information, but doesn’t note that 92 companies moved from Texas to California during the same period.
Overall, Dun & Bradstreet counted 1,280 businesses relocating from other states to Texas, second to Florida’s 2,032.
http://jan.ocregister.com/2011/04/08/calif-politicians-to-check-out-texas-business/57353/

tommieharris91
8/18/2011, 10:15 AM
Job. Creation.

You start a company. It makes a great new product or offers a great new service. Saves other people/businesses time/money. This is an increase in value and productivity to the overall economy. In the meantime the company hires more and more people.

Business is not always a zero-sum game where if you make a buck I can't make a buck.

Yes, I know what job creation is. I've been talking about job migration.

StoopTroup
8/18/2011, 10:18 AM
The point is that as a US President, these same policies could bring jobs in from other countries and possibly also spur economic activities that would actually create jobs.

That ain't happening though. Texas is attractive cost wise compared to California. We're never going to be attractive compared to Mexico, India, or China unless we accept a much lower standard of living (or change our policies related to international commerce).

Honestly.....we have ****ed ourselves by trying to be the most lean mean fighting machine as far as Corporate Business Models go. The 80's was full of us trying to figure out how our Japanese Competitors did business and trying to Work Smarter turned into Work Smarter and harder....Now it's.....we don't really need you because of all of the reasons you state and that's really what's kind of going on is that everyone thinks Americans are spoiled except for the Americans that think it's everyone but themselves. :rolleyes:

We have always had a Win at all costs mentality and then eaten their young to make sure everyone knows who's Boss. Our Country is maturing and there is less and less untapped Markets for us to Extort. Once we reach that crescendo....what will we do?

We already have some Congressional talk about how Corporations have moved their headquarters Overseas to protect themselves from our Corporate Tax Rate even though we constantly hear that many folks pay little or no taxes. As moves to fix it and force them into paying are being made....CEOs some have denounced their US Citizenship and moved out of the US to other Countries. When Money means more to you than the fact you were successful because of all the things America allowed you to achieve and you turn your back on it....you deserve what you get if we later catch up to these moves and make it so you can never return without a Visa.

What we see is we have basically sold ourselves out. Every time we offer Scholarships to Smart Folks Abroad instead of search within our own Country for the best and the brightest....we continue to sell another piece of ourselves away....

tommieharris91
8/18/2011, 10:18 AM

And an unemployment rate that is 3 percentage points lower than the economic miracle that is the great state of Texas.

OutlandTrophy
8/18/2011, 10:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CRpjPJOEIE

StoopTroup
8/18/2011, 10:34 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_v63oTveUEGI/TG1eZ1AE1HI/AAAAAAAALHk/8_tNX0osRFc/s1600/black-cloud-balloon.jpg

OUMallen
8/18/2011, 10:35 AM
whaaaa. only a bitch would whine about job growth.

It's important to note while he's a small-government, states-rights, federalist kind of guy that didn't want stimulus money (I think he ultimately took it) and wants to secede, yet the ONLY job growth is the government growing.

If you can't see why that's interesting, you prolly shouldn't vote.

TitoMorelli
8/18/2011, 10:47 AM
Honestly.....we have ****ed ourselves by trying to be the most lean mean fighting machine as far as Corporate Business Models go. The 80's was full of us trying to figure out how our Japanese Competitors did business and trying to Work Smarter turned into Work Smarter and harder....Now it's.....we don't really need you because of all of the reasons you state and that's really what's kind of going on is that everyone thinks Americans are spoiled except for the Americans that think it's everyone but themselves. :rolleyes:

We have always had a Win at all costs mentality and then eaten their young to make sure everyone knows who's Boss. Our Country is maturing and there is less and less untapped Markets for us to Extort. Once we reach that crescendo....what will we do?

We already have some Congressional talk about how Corporations have moved their headquarters Overseas to protect themselves from our Corporate Tax Rate even though we constantly hear that many folks pay little or no taxes. As moves to fix it and force them into paying are being made....CEOs some have denounced their US Citizenship and moved out of the US to other Countries. When Money means more to you than the fact you were successful because of all the things America allowed you to achieve and you turn your back on it....you deserve what you get if we later catch up to these moves and make it so you can never return without a Visa.

What we see is we have basically sold ourselves out. Every time we offer Scholarships to Smart Folks Abroad instead of search within our own Country for the best and the brightest....we continue to sell another piece of ourselves away....

ST you bring up some really good points.

One question I'd ask is, how different today is the business climate in America than what it was when so many were able to prosper here. Of course one must consider that much of the regulation or over-regulation that has dampened such opportunities was in response to corporate malfeasance.

47straight
8/18/2011, 11:35 AM
And an unemployment rate that is 3 percentage points lower than the economic miracle that is the great state of Texas.

Seriously, I'd pay you a buttload of money to find an equivalent job with equivalent pay for me in Oklahoma. Because while there are much better jobs here in Texas, I'm only doing it for the money.

badger
8/18/2011, 11:45 AM
Truth:
http://cagle.com/news/PresidentPerry/images/rogers.jpg

StoopTroup
8/18/2011, 11:55 AM
ST you bring up some really good points.

One question I'd ask is, how different today is the business climate in America than what it was when so many were able to prosper here. Of course one must consider that much of the regulation or over-regulation that has dampened such opportunities was in response to corporate malfeasance.

I know I was privy to watching decisions to not Audit some transactions due to the fact that one of our Competitors had quit doing certain financial audits because the amounts they recovered weren't enough to cover the cost of the audit.

Now you can call that good business or you can argue that later say maybe a decade let's say, that if you were to do the audit you might find some problems as your employees know you never audit so they just clear the books up and if you have a problem it never shows up as it's never ever looked at again because seriously....is one of your employees going to come in and try to convince the higher ups to cause them more work and maybe even uncover that they have been clearing undocumented transactions just because the volume of work was a pain in the *** for them and the $12.00 per hour you were paying them to handle Millions of dollars in transactions just wasn't that big a deal for them and you as a company are really to blame for ever changing your internal Structure to have such an attitude?

Money is our sacred Cow and it's never a big deal to do these audits and for many of us to not even balance a checkbook. After I took a better paying job outside of that position you started seeing some Corporations develop their own accounting firms within themselves and market them to other Corporations. It allowed CEOs to basically throw their hands up and declare they had no idea things were that out of hand and they all walked away or most of them did.

Bill Bartman, Enron, Authur Andersen come right to mind as to the Companies that found themselves shredding documents and testifying in court.

You then saw some Companies develop more accounting Depts and in some cases later just offer clued in Employees to purchase the firm and become a Contractor while they got them a nice venture capital deal to finance the deal and get rid of the employees and make them contract employees working for their old/new boss. If someone had made me a deal like that I would have found it difficult to turn down. I just would have prayed everyday that I would never ever have to do prison time. LOL

sappstuf
8/18/2011, 01:30 PM

Oklahoma didn't add 4 House seats because of population growth like Texas did.

3rdgensooner
8/18/2011, 01:41 PM
Two relevant (to comments made in this thread) articles I've come across this week:

Rick Perry and Texas Job Numbers (http://www.politicalmathblog.com/?p=1590)

Perry and Secession (http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2011/aug/17/jay-carney/white-house-press-secretary-says-perry-wanted-sece/)

tommieharris91
8/18/2011, 01:55 PM
Oklahoma didn't add 4 House seats because of population growth like Texas did.

You just might be on to why the Perry campaign is using nominal job creation numbers and not the unemployment rate.

Maybe Brad Henry should give Obama a primary challenge.

jkjsooner
8/18/2011, 09:58 PM
With reasoning like this, you should not be giving Bill Clinton any credit for the technology boom of the 90s

I don't.

Do you often make an assumption about someone's opinion on something and then roll your eyes at them based on this assumption?

jkjsooner
8/18/2011, 10:01 PM

Exactly! How's the Oklahoma economy doing compared to other states? Pretty good last I heard. Thanks for making my point.

soonercruiser
8/18/2011, 10:23 PM
I don't.
Do you often make an assumption about someone's opinion on something and then roll your eyes at them based on this assumption?

Sorry...Then I stand as corrected. (bad assumption on my part)
But most LWers do give Clinton credit.

47straight
8/18/2011, 11:55 PM
Exactly! How's the Oklahoma economy doing compared to other states? Pretty good last I heard. Thanks for making my point.

They've got no equivalent jobs for me.

soonercruiser
8/22/2011, 07:13 PM
Carpet baggers not welcome!
:cheerful:

SicEmBaylor
8/22/2011, 08:05 PM
And who is a better choice?
Ron Paul
Barry Goldwater in his current condition
The mentally handicapped

Just for starters...