PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who believes that Obamas tour is not campaigning...

MamaMia
8/17/2011, 03:15 PM
...on the tax payer dollar, is one wheel short of a bus.

mgsooner
8/17/2011, 03:27 PM
Man, no sitting President has ever campaigned "on the tax payer dollar". Time to impeach.

sappstuf
8/17/2011, 03:31 PM
Obama took us from Air Force One to Greyhound One....

The Profit
8/17/2011, 04:18 PM
I wonder if any of you right winged wackos were upset when "w" was doing this 8 years ago? Its the normal way of doing things.

MsProudSooner
8/17/2011, 04:22 PM
Any time a politician speaks, he is campaigning.

tcrb
8/17/2011, 04:25 PM
Its the normal way of doing things.

Of course it is. But I think what Mama is referring to is that BHO is trying to sell the lie that he ISN'T campaigning. He stated that this wasn't a campaign tour. But this isn't the first blatant lie he's told and it certainly wont be the last.

NormanPride
8/17/2011, 04:27 PM
Is he actively saying "No I'm not campaigning"?

Goodness, just stop being so mad all the time.

sappstuf
8/17/2011, 04:27 PM

Very true.

I find it odd that he is on an economic bus tour but he then states that he isn't going to announce his jobs package until September... Obama, 9.2%.. Hello?

And in the meantime... "Deuce b****es, I'm headed to Martha's Vineyard!"

His handlers are terrible or Obama is not letting them do their job.

The Profit
8/17/2011, 04:32 PM

YES

hawaii 5-0
8/17/2011, 04:48 PM
Sure looks like campaigning to me.

5-0

Trump/ Bobby Jo 2012

REDREX
8/17/2011, 05:39 PM
For his vacation is Barack taking the bus to Martha's Vineyard or is he taking the plane?----What a joke

MamaMia
8/17/2011, 05:54 PM

I'm assuming you mean he and she, but no, not always, especially with lame ducks.

This tour with Obama is his current ongoing lie. Why doesn't he just admit that hes campaigning and pay for it out of his own campaign finance money, other than with our money? Instead he insults our intelligence?

Bachmann is guilty of this same type of dishonestly as well. It cost her a lot of votes when she tried to pull off submissiveness as meaning "respect." Neither one is synonymous. Who the hell are they both trying to fool? Mechelle should have admitted that what she said about submissiveness was said in a church setting and applies to her relationship to some degree, but that she would not submit to her husband when it pertained to decision making in the White House. That was the unspoken underlying meaning of the debate question after all.

Obama is guilty of the same type of dishonesty Bachmann is. The type that shows that they have no respect for our intelligence. Obama saying that hes touring America just to get in touch with the people is laughable. What a load of bunk. He should say that hes taking some time off to campaign and pay for the expenses. Its not just the lying. Its the fact that they treat us all like we're stupid. If hes going to lie, then at least try to do so in a way thats a bit more convincing.

Soonerfan88
8/17/2011, 06:51 PM
Obama is guilty of the same type of dishonesty Bachmann is. The type that shows that they have no respect for our intelligence. Obama saying that hes touring America just to get in touch with the people is laughable. What a load of bunk. He should say that hes taking some time off to campaign and pay for the expenses. Its not just the lying. Its the fact that they treat us all like we're stupid. If hes going to lie, then at least try to do so in a way thats a bit more convincing.

Absolutely agree. I don't think I will ever 100% agree with any politician but I'm much more likely to support one who answers questions intelligently and doesn't talk down to their constituents. And at least try to live according to the beliefs/talking points you have written into every speech -- that means EVERY politician no matter what party affiliation, even Independents.

AlboSooner
8/17/2011, 07:20 PM
I'm just so angry at Obama!!!!!1!!

GKeeper316
8/17/2011, 07:53 PM
0RV4K6YHTfg

StoopTroup
8/17/2011, 07:58 PM
Mama, you know I love you and I know you hate our current POTUS but he's been doing these type of little trips since he's been President. Now that Republicans have finally started coming out of the shadows and the Initial Candidates have shown to eat their Young and be pretty questionable when it comes to winning in 2012, we now hear complaints if the POTUS leaves his Office and has a Town Meeting.

It's fine if you feel that way but like MGSooner says...I don't think it's gonna get him impeached or maybe even lose him votes because he upset you or someone that wouldn't vote for him even if the Tea Party elected a Hitler Youth to be the GOP Candidate. LOL

OutlandTrophy
8/17/2011, 07:59 PM
LOL!!! so true, Greg!!

StoopTroup
8/17/2011, 08:00 PM
Absolutely agree. I don't think I will ever 100% agree with any politician but I'm much more likely to support one who answers questions intelligently and doesn't talk down to their constituents. And at least try to live according to the beliefs/talking points you have written into every speech -- that means EVERY politician no matter what party affiliation, even Independents.

So if he just wouldn't upset you, you'd vote for him?

ROTFLMFAO!

That's some funny stuff right there. See the Oval ain't dead. Lol

JLEW1818
8/17/2011, 08:00 PM
he's such a worthless ****

i bet he banged Nancy P

although, i would bang her daughter.

MamaMia
8/17/2011, 08:05 PM
Mama, you know I love you and I know you hate our current POTUS but he's been doing these type of little trips since he's been President. Now that Republicans have finally started coming out of the shadows and the Initial Candidates have shown to eat their Young and be pretty questionable when it comes to winning in 2012, we now hear complaints if the POTUS leaves his Office and has a Town Meeting.

It's fine if you feel that way but like MGSooner says...I don't think it's gonna get him impeached or maybe even lose him votes because he upset you or someone that wouldn't vote for him even if the Tea Party elected a Hitler Youth to be the GOP Candidate. LOL

I'm not upset at all; just tired of politicians insulting the intelligence of the American people. Its lame.

StoopTroup
8/17/2011, 08:07 PM
I'm not upset at all; just tired of politicians insulting the intelligence of the American people. Its lame.

You didn't watch any of the Iowa Straw Poll I guess. Talk about insulting our intelligence.

47straight
8/17/2011, 08:36 PM
Of course he's campaigning, but it's what every sitting president has done. Bush, Clinton, etc. You've got the bully pulpit.

MamaMia
8/17/2011, 08:38 PM
You didn't watch any of the Iowa Straw Poll I guess. Talk about insulting our intelligence.Yes, I did but what does that have to do with my assertion that the lies these politicians are telling these days are so blatant that anyone with even an average I.Q. would know better? Don't say they have been doing this for eons because they haven't. Yeah, politicians have always lied, but not so many at once and to this extent, and now the president of the United States is conducting a full blown campaign tour with our money and expecting us to believe its not a campaign tour? Thats over the top. This new breed of politician on both sides of the aisle are worse than their predecessors. You would have to be a total idiot to believe some of this nonsense they are all trying to sell us all as of late. :D

Obama kicked it up a notch though. Hes actually saying that he is "not campaigning" with this bus tour we're paying for. His campaign lying should be done with his own money. Hes even addressing statements made by his opponents right outside the peoples bus for Gods sake. Tell me thats not campaigning.

StoopTroup
8/17/2011, 09:04 PM
They have been doing this since the Tea Party started.

I guess the idea is if that's the way we are gonna play then let's play!

And that....is something they have been doing for eons. :D

soonercruiser
8/17/2011, 09:21 PM
Obama took us from Air Force One to Greyhound One....

What's next? AMTRAK One???
:D
(He definately is doing the caboose thing)

soonercruiser
8/17/2011, 09:24 PM
Very true.

I find it odd that he is on an economic bus tour but he then states that he isn't going to announce his jobs package until September... Obama, 9.2%.. Hello?

And in the meantime... "Deuce b****es, I'm headed to Martha's Vineyard!"

His handlers are terrible or Obama is not letting them do their job.

Sapp!
I think that you have stumbled onto something!
Obama has given up on the Fed, Geitner, and all his economic advisors.
They are fresh out of ideas and our money.
He is going to the public to get some new ideas on kick-starting the economy.
Wonder what Joe the Plumber will tell him this time?
(Will he have a plunger in his hand when he does?)
:D

sappstuf
8/17/2011, 09:28 PM
he's such a worthless ****

i bet he banged Nancy P

although, i would bang her daughter.

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/07/29/entertainment/photos_stories/cropped/alexandra_pelosi--300x300.jpg

I wouldn't... Unless the choice was between the two.

StoopTroup
8/17/2011, 09:29 PM
Probably that McCain has really lost it and we should thank our lucky stars we picked Obama because the way John has deteriorated the last three years....we would be dealing with President Palin right now.

Curly Bill
8/17/2011, 09:47 PM
Probably that McCain has really lost it and we should thank our lucky stars we picked Obama because the way John has deteriorated the last three years....we would be dealing with President Palin right now.

Yeah, I'm so grateful the dumasses in this country picked Brack, things are just peachy I tell ya! Wow!!! :rolleyes:

MsProudSooner2
8/17/2011, 09:52 PM
I'm assuming you mean he and she, but no, not always, especially with lame ducks.

He/She would be correct. Unless he/she is an 80 year old lame duck, they are probably formulating their comments with their next campaign in mind. :rolleyes:

MamaMia
8/17/2011, 10:25 PM
He/She would be correct. Unless he/she is an 80 year old lame duck, they are probably formulating their comments with their next campaign in mind. :rolleyes: There are some, like Byrd and Kennedy who are/were career politicians but as we all know, not every politician is a career politician. Many bow out for whatever reason. The average time for holding a political office is 14 years. That adds up to a lot of lame ducking. ;)

TitoMorelli
8/17/2011, 10:30 PM
Of course he's campaigning, but it's what every sitting president has done. Bush, Clinton, etc. You've got the bully pulpit.

+1

StoopTroup
8/17/2011, 10:32 PM
as we all know, not every politician is a career politician. Many bow out for whatever reason. The average time for holding a political office is 14 years. ;)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1a/Jim_Inhofe,_official_photo_portrait,_2007.jpg/220px-Jim_Inhofe,_official_photo_portrait,_2007.jpg

Curly Bill
8/17/2011, 10:33 PM
I'm anxious for him to get his what...50th vacation finished up, so he can get to work creating jobs! :D

MamaMia
8/17/2011, 10:37 PM

+1 I'll bet you think Obama takes the average amount of leisurely time too.

Let him campaign. Thats not the issue here. Its campaigning with tax payer money to this extent, and then lying about it, that I have a problem with.

StoopTroup
8/17/2011, 10:37 PM
Might as well get it all on the table.

President Obama’s Vacation Days
January 11, 2010

Q: Has President Obama taken more vacation time than his predecessors?
A: According to one count, Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush spent more time on "vacation" during their first year than President Obama did. Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton spent less time on "vacation."
FULL ANSWER
President Obama has spent all or part of 26 days "on vacation" during his first year as president, according to CBS News White House Correspondent Mark Knoller.
Knoller, who has covered every president since Gerald Ford and is known for keeping detailed records on presidential travel, counts the following among President Obama’s "vacations" in 2009:
A four-day holiday weekend in Chicago in February where the president played some basketball and treated First Lady Michelle Obama to a Valentine’s Day dinner date.
An eight-day stay with his family at a rented house on Martha’s Vineyard in August.
*A trip out west to the U.S. states of Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and Arizona that combined both business and pleasure. The president held town hall meetings on health care during the trip. And he went fly fishing and took trips to Yellowstone National Park and the Grand Canyon with his wife and two daughters.
An 11-day stay in Hawaii where the president and his family celebrated Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
Some of the president’s recent predecessors, however, have spent more days — either entirely or partially — away from the White House "on vacation" during their first year in office.
President Reagan, in 1981, spent all or part of 42 days away from the White House "on vacation" at his home in Santa Barbara, Calif, according to Knoller. President Reagan and his wife, Nancy, also spent three or four days around New Year’s Day each year in Palm Springs, Calif., at the home of philanthropist Walter Annenberg. (In 1993 the late Mr. Annenberg founded the nonpartisan Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania, which is FactCheck.org’s parent organization.)
President George W. Bush spent even more time away from the presidential mansion in the nation’s capital than Reagan. Of the 77 total "vacation" trips the former president made to his Texas ranch while in office, nine of them — all or part of 69 days — came during his first year as president in 2001, according to Knoller.

http://www.factcheck.org/2010/01/president-obamas-vacation-days/

StoopTroup
8/17/2011, 10:40 PM
My gawd. If people bitching about shot that isn't true is how we are gonna continue to elect Presidents, we deserve what we get.

soonercruiser
8/17/2011, 10:42 PM
Yeah, I'm so grateful the dumasses in this country picked Brack, things are just peachy I tell ya! Wow!!! :rolleyes:

THIS ^^^^^^

Stoop, the other "moderates", and the libs simply despise the normal, working class Americans like the Tea Party folks.
We're all expected to bow down to the elitists that would tell us how to think, and what to say!
"NUTS"!

Curly Bill
8/17/2011, 10:48 PM

President Obama’s Vacation Days
January 11, 2010

Q: Has President Obama taken more vacation time than his predecessors?
A: According to one count, Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush spent more time on "vacation" during their first year than President Obama did. Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton spent less time on "vacation."
FULL ANSWER
President Obama has spent all or part of 26 days "on vacation" during his first year as president, according to CBS News White House Correspondent Mark Knoller.
Knoller, who has covered every president since Gerald Ford and is known for keeping detailed records on presidential travel, counts the following among President Obama’s "vacations" in 2009:
A four-day holiday weekend in Chicago in February where the president played some basketball and treated First Lady Michelle Obama to a Valentine’s Day dinner date.
An eight-day stay with his family at a rented house on Martha’s Vineyard in August.
*A trip out west to the U.S. states of Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and Arizona that combined both business and pleasure. The president held town hall meetings on health care during the trip. And he went fly fishing and took trips to Yellowstone National Park and the Grand Canyon with his wife and two daughters.
An 11-day stay in Hawaii where the president and his family celebrated Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
Some of the president’s recent predecessors, however, have spent more days — either entirely or partially — away from the White House "on vacation" during their first year in office.
President Reagan, in 1981, spent all or part of 42 days away from the White House "on vacation" at his home in Santa Barbara, Calif, according to Knoller. President Reagan and his wife, Nancy, also spent three or four days around New Year’s Day each year in Palm Springs, Calif., at the home of philanthropist Walter Annenberg. (In 1993 the late Mr. Annenberg founded the nonpartisan Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania, which is FactCheck.org’s parent organization.)
President George W. Bush spent even more time away from the presidential mansion in the nation’s capital than Reagan. Of the 77 total "vacation" trips the former president made to his Texas ranch while in office, nine of them — all or part of 69 days — came during his first year as president in 2001, according to Knoller.

CBS News huh? Most trusted name in news - not exactly.

TitoMorelli
8/17/2011, 10:52 PM
I'll bet you think Obama takes the average amount of leisurely time too.

Let him campaign. Thats not the issue here. Its campaigning with tax payer money to this extent, and then lying about it, that I have a problem with.

All presidents over the past generation or so have done the same.

As for the leisure time, I believe that GWB logged far more "vacation" time (including ranch in Crawford, Camp David) than the three or so presidents who preceded him, and our current president still has a long way to go to catch him over the comparable time in office. And of course, just because a president is at the presidential retreat or a vacation home doesn't mean that he isn't doing any work.

As for the 76 rounds of golf that Obama has played since he took office, I doubt that he accomplished much in terms of presidential duties while three-putting. For which maybe we should be thankful.

Curly Bill
8/17/2011, 10:53 PM
All presidents over the past generation or so have done the same.

As for the leisure time, I believe that GWB logged far more "vacation" time (including ranch in Crawford, Camp David) than the three or so presidents who preceded him, and our current president still has a long way to go to catch him over the comparable time in office. And of course, just because a president is at the presidential retreat or a vacation home doesn't mean that he isn't doing any work.

As for the 76 rounds of golf that Obama has played since he took office, I doubt that he accomplished much in terms of presidential duties while three-putting. For which maybe we should be thankful.

It'd be helpful to the country if the bastage was on vacation all the time. I really shouldn't have made that snide comment about it. :D

MamaMia
8/18/2011, 01:48 AM

Are you kidding me? You want us to take this article, which was written way back in January of 2010, seriously? :confused:

StoopTroup
8/18/2011, 10:25 AM
Just checking to see how it's going? :D

Obamer is on Vacation now.....the Dow is headed to -500.00

See what you did? If he had just stayed on the Faux Campaign Trail. :D

jumperstop
8/18/2011, 10:41 AM
Are you kidding me? You want us to take this article, which was written way back in January of 2010, seriously? :confused:

I doubt the fact that it was written a year and half ago changes it's meaning that much. You either believe the author/sources or you don't, I don't see how when it was written makes it any less accurate...

soonercruiser
8/18/2011, 12:55 PM
The rest of the Bus Tour Story - the buses!
I just report - YOU decide!

New presidential bus attracts attention, criticism
Republicans criticize the cost and origin of the high-security bus used in President Obama's Midwest tour. The Secret Service defends the $1.1-million vehicle, and says the GOP nominee will use one too.
(So, there will be two of these?)

President Obama returns to his high-security bus after visiting the Whiteside… (Jason Reed, Reuters)
August 17, 2011|By James Oliphant and Kim Geiger, Washington Bureau
The president coming to your hometown is one thing. His arrival in a monstrous shimmering black bus is another.

The Secret Service's new $1.1-million behemoth was almost as big an attraction as the president himself during his back-roads tour of the Midwest. People pointed at it. Children gaped at it. And just about everyone was curious about it.

The bus has been in the works for years. In the past, the Secret Service leased buses for presidential travel, but had to retrofit them to add security measures and enhanced communications. Then the buses would have to be stripped again — "at great expense," White House spokesman Jay Carney said — once they were no longer needed.

Obama's bus sports large, impenetrable windows and flashing blue and red lights like a police cruiser. It was impossible to miss, especially as it roared down two-lane highways en route to small towns along the president's three-day tour. On Tuesday alone, the bus traveled 216 miles.

It has also attracted another kind of attention: Republicans can't stop bringing up its cost, making the bus sound like a boondoggle. In the new age of austerity, a million-dollar bus is an irresistible target — especially because it was built in Canada rather than the U.S.
http://articles.latimes.com/2011/aug/17/nation/la-na-obama-bus-20110818

The Canadian economy is doing just fine!
:rolleyes:

MamaMia
8/18/2011, 01:16 PM
I doubt the fact that it was written a year and half ago changes it's meaning that much. You either believe the author/sources or you don't, I don't see how when it was written makes it any less accurate...

Why would it not matter? When that article was written, Obama had only been in office less than a year. He has been vacationing, playing golf and having fancy schmancy date nights for an additional 19 plus months since. What hes doing right now, with this bus tour is taking time off to campaign and/or have fun elsewhere. He can call it whatever he wants but this is time he is spending to benefit himself.

soonercruiser
8/18/2011, 01:21 PM
The rest of the Bus Tour Story - the buses!
I just report - YOU decide!

The Canadian economy is doing just fine!

Now that I think about Obama's Press Sec or the SS explaining away the bus as...."the Repug candidate will have one too"...
**That sounds like confirmation that he is "campaigning"g - long before the Repug candidate will be in their bus!

StoopTroup
8/18/2011, 01:23 PM
I was thinking that I haven't seen a President do so many damn Press Conferences as he has done in the last 3 years. I think it's pretty crazy to think he just when on vacation like one of us would too.

He's On-Call 24/7 and if we really need him....he's minutes away from the White House and on top of that....you only know he's even at Martha's Vineyard because some folks in the Media are having a Political Cow over it.

He's President and he needs to do some Campaigning if he wants to remain POTUS for a 2nd term. I'm surprised the folks in the State of Texas haven't started having a Cow about their Gov. Just up and going on the Campaign Trail and leaving them to take care of their great State.:rolleyes: That bastard. :D

It's not like the both of them just up and quit their damn job to take a gig with Fox News and then go on a bus tour of the US acting like they might run for Office.

soonercruiser
8/18/2011, 01:23 PM
Why would it not matter? When that article was written, Obama had only been in office less than a year. He has been vacationing, playing golf and having fancy schmancy date nights for an additional 19 plus months since. What hes doing right now, with this bus tour is taking time off to campaign and/or have fun elsewhere. He can call it whatever he wants but this is time he is spending to benefit himself.

Mama,
The regressives on the site are the first ones to diss you when you post a story from last year.
There are obviously two separate sets of rules; just like in politics in general.

MamaMia
8/18/2011, 01:27 PM
I was thinking that I haven't seen a President do so many damn Press Conferences as he has done in the last 3 years. I think it's pretty crazy to think he just when on vacation like one of us would too.

He's On-Call 24/7 and if we really need him....he's minutes away from the White House and on top of that....you only know he's even at Martha's Vineyard because some folks in the Media are having a Political Cow over it.

He's President and he needs to do some Campaigning if he wants to remain POTUS for a 2nd term. I'm surprised the folks in the State of Texas haven't started having a Cow about their Gov. Just up and going on the Campaign Trail and leaving them to take care of their great State.:rolleyes: That bastard. :D Perry and all the others aren't campaigning with our money and calling it a 'Get in Touch with America Tour'. Thats the BIG difference.

Oh, and how long is this vacation he is taking, like the rest of us do? How long has he been gone already? He even said that we don't need congress in D.C. when our credit rating as a country has gone down the toilet. Hes nuts. The only reason he doesn't want congress in D.C. is because it would look bad if he called them back to fix this mess while he was playing Frisbee on the beach with the First Dog.

StoopTroup
8/18/2011, 01:27 PM
Regressives another good Buzz Word....lol

StoopTroup
8/18/2011, 01:28 PM
Perry and all the others arent campaigning with our money and calling it a 'Get in Touch with America Tour'. Thats the BIG difference.

Because they aren't President and you are right, that's a big difference.

MamaMia
8/18/2011, 01:36 PM
Because they aren't President and you are right, that's a big difference.

You don't seem to realize that its against the law for the POTUS to campaign with tax payer dollars.

StoopTroup
8/18/2011, 01:38 PM
Also Mama.....

Every time their is a run for POTUS in this Country Candidates get a USSS Detail assigned to them and the GOP has again provided another Police Lineup of Possibilities and even a few of them that can already see they have no possible way of winning are still in the race trying to pull off some sort of Miracle while we the People pay for these details.

This is America and we are known for spending Money and electing our Presidents. Obama isn't some King or Dictator like some of you want to paint him as being. If he doesn't get enough Electoral College or The People's Vote in 2012 he will be a Former President of the US and entitled to the same Detail that he is right now.

If these posers that can't possibly win don't pull out....they continue to cost us money every minute they stay in an un-winnable race. Those that are getting a No Chance in hell reaction as they go from State to State need to man up and go back to their old job and get on with it.

The U.S. Secret Service has two distinct areas of responsibility:

Treasury roles, covering missions such as prevention and investigation of counterfeiting of U.S. currency and U.S. treasury bonds notes and investigation of major fraud.[4]
Protective roles, ensuring the safety of current and former national leaders and their families, such as the President, past Presidents, Vice Presidents, presidential candidates, foreign embassies (per an agreement with the U.S. State Department's Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS) Office of Foreign Missions (OFM)), etc.[5]

StoopTroup
8/18/2011, 01:48 PM
You don't seem to realize that its against the law for the POTUS to campaign with tax payer dollars.

I realize it....you just don't understand that every President that's run for a 2nd term has done this and I dare say you think it's high time to just Impeach Obama since he's not Popular especially to you who make your living in healthcare and are outraged about his continued push to change healthcare in our Country even though it needs to be addressed. Even Mitt Romney, one of the leading GOP Candidates has admitted he addressed that his own State had Problems and was a part of changing Policy that was needed.

Now I'll tell you right now that I'd be fine if he makes it as the GOP Candidate and if he does a good job as POTUS and runs for a 2nd term and does exactly what you are outraged about....I won't be out griping about him on the Internet about something that is so damn silly.

I'll probably be rooting for him to get re-elected.

MamaMia
8/18/2011, 01:52 PM
Also Mama.....

Every time their is a run for POTUS in this Country Candidates get a USSS Detail assigned to them and the GOP has again provided another Police Lineup of Possibilities and even a few of them that can already see they have no possible way of winning are still in the race trying to pull off some sort of Miracle while we the People pay for these details.

This is America and we are known for spending Money and electing our Presidents. Obama isn't some King or Dictator like some of you wnat to paint him as being. If he doesn't get enough Electoral College or The People's Vote in 2012 he will be a Former President of the US and entitled to the same Detail that he is right now.

If these posers that can't possibly win don't pull out....they continue to cost us money every minute they stay in an un-winnable race. Those that are getting a No Chance in hell reaction as they go from State to State need to man up and go back to their old job and get on with it. Thats a laugh and a half. I could say the same thing about Obama with his popularity rating as of late, so he wont waste the time of the county campaigning, instead of fixing this mess hes got us in? :P

At least the candidates who are running for POTUS are actually spending their own voluntarily given campaign donations along the trail instead of buying buses and whatever else with our dough and lying about whether or not they are actually campaigning. Its quite obvious that the current politicians who are running right now realize that they themselves cant legally campaign with the tax dollars from their states, and they respect that law.

Thats more than I can say for Obama. As far as whomever you think doesn't have a chance, lest we forget what the general consensus on Obama was was along about this time before the last election.

NormanPride
8/18/2011, 01:58 PM
The argument of campaign contributions versus tax dollars seems particularly asinine to me, especially at the scale that we're talking. A million dollars to do anything in government is cheap. Doesn't make it right, just makes it stupid to argue about.

MamaMia
8/18/2011, 02:03 PM
I realize it....you just don't understand that every President that's run for a 2nd term has done this and I dare say you think it's high time to just Impeach Obama since he's not Popular especially to you who make your living in healthcare and are outraged about his continued push to change healthcare in our Country even though it needs to be addressed. Even Mitt Romney, one of the leading GOP Candidates has admitted he addressed that his own State had Problems and was a part of changing Policy that was needed.

Now I'll tell you right now that I'd be fine if he makes it as the GOP Candidate and if he does a good job as POTUS and runs for a 2nd term and does exactly what you are outraged about....I won't be out griping about him on the Internet about something that is so damn silly.

I'll probably be rooting for him to get re-elected.
A) No, they have not; not to this extent.

B) I never said anything about impeachment so you should really can that B.S.

C) I don't make my living in health care. My husband does. I help him from time to time if one of his girls takes time off. My job is constructing and critiquing political speeches and doing research work for said speeches. I also work as a campaign consultant.

D) The word "outraged" is way over the top, even for you. I'm use to political bantar and far beyond the "outrage" stage. Stop being such a drama queen.

E) We need health care change, but not Obamas kind of change.

F) Romney believes health care is a "state" issue. not a federal one, so don't twist the facts.

The argument of campaign contributions versus tax dollars seems particularly asinine to me, especially at the scale that we're talking. A million dollars to do anything in government is cheap. Doesn't make it right, just makes it stupid to argue about.Whats a million here and a million there? It all adds adds up. Its that way of thinking over the years that has contributed to this financial mess we are in.

StoopTroup
8/18/2011, 02:05 PM
It's funny you think He's got us in this mess. The House and Senate have every bit as much to do with it as they have continued to pass Tax laws that have set all of this into motion and anyone who thinks this stuff happened aver the last 3 years is out of touch and avoiding the historical truth that is Public Record.

Also....remember....there is only so much time to get a Candidate on the ballot in all 50 States. That doesn't mean it can't be done but the political Wrangling between the GOP and the Dems has made it more and more difficult over the years and if you are an independent, it's made it even more of an Impossibility. None of that is good for our Country and it's pretty obvious that we now have ourselves in a situation that will require maybe years for us to overcome the economic woes we have and it's only because they have finally taken the fight down to the wire and tested just how bad it might get and just who will take the heat. At the end of it....it's you and I that suffer and they go on to get paid the ridiculous salaries and benefits they have voted themselves and do it like it's everyone else's fault they work with and that they were the only ones that tried to tell them to stop.

NormanPride
8/18/2011, 02:10 PM
Whats a million here and a million there? It all adds adds up. Its that way of thinking over the years that has contributed to this financial mess we are in.

Meh. It's mostly the fact that we are fighting wars and expanding entitlement programs. Pork is a very small percentage of the pie. I'd gladly take 10x the pork if it would grease the way to more responsible spending in government programs and defense.

MamaMia
8/18/2011, 02:11 PM
It's funny you think He's got us in this mess. The House and Senate have every bit as much to do with it as they have continued to pass Tax laws that have set all of this into motion and anyone who thinks this stuff happened aver the last 3 years is out of touch and avoiding the historical truth that is Public Record.

Also....remember....there is only so much time to get a Candidate on the ballot in all 50 States. That doesn't mean it can't be done but the political Wrangling between the GOP and the Dems has made it more and more difficult over the years and if you are an independent, it's made it even more of an Impossibility. None of that is good for our Country and it's pretty obvious that we now have ourselves in a situation that will require maybe years for us to overcome the economic woes we have and it's only because they have finally taken the fight down to the wire and tested just how bad it might get and just who will take the heat. At the end of it....it's you and I that suffer and they go on to get paid the ridiculous salaries and benefits they have voted themselves and do it like it's everyone else's fault they work with and that they were the only ones that tried to tell them to stop. He hasn't helped. Not one bit. Hes hurt an already dismal situation. Do the math. So much for "Hope and Change."

MamaMia
8/18/2011, 02:15 PM
Meh. It's mostly the fact that we are fighting wars and expanding entitlement programs. Pork is a very small percentage of the pie. I'd gladly take 10x the pork if it would grease the way to more responsible spending in government programs and defense.

I agree that none of that helped either, however pork is a large percentage of the pie and the least tasty. :P

soonercruiser
8/18/2011, 02:15 PM
The argument of campaign contributions versus tax dollars seems particularly asinine to me, especially at the scale that we're talking. A million dollars to do anything in government is cheap. Doesn't make it right, just makes it stupid to argue about.

And here, my fellow Americans, is where we have come to....
"It's just a $million"!
And this is why the Tea Party is alive and well! :mad:

StoopTroup
8/18/2011, 02:16 PM
A) No, they have not; not to this extent.

B) I never said anything about impeachment so you should really can that B.S.

C) I don't make my living in health care. My husband does. I help him from time to time if one of his girls takes time off. My job is constructing and critiquing political speeches and doing research work for said speeches. I also work as a campaign consultant.

D) The word "outraged" is way over the top, even for you. I'm use to political bantar and far beyond the "outrage" stage. Stop being such a drama queen.

E) We need health care change, but not Obamas kind of change.

F) Romney believes health care is a "state" issue. not a federal one, so don't twist the facts.

Whats a million here and a million there? It all adds adds up. Its that way of thinking over the years that has contributed to this financial mess we are in.

A) we are in disagreement. You are wrong.

B) Seriously? Come on...you know that's implied when you say he's breaking the law.

C) You work for him, are married to him and live in a 50-50 State so your Living depends on him even though you make money at another job....you are married to it. You have more than once supported his Profession and if you are going to deny it...I'll stop arguing right here and now because you make my point by being in denial of your role as a Legal Spouse.

D) your making this personal because to don't want to be wrong when you are.

E) Elect a better Candidate and also remind yourself of what you said in C) again....lol

F) If you believe that...Avoid buying Beach Front Property you haven't seen from a Politician.

StoopTroup
8/18/2011, 02:18 PM
And this is why the Tea Party is alive and well!

It is? Don't blink.

soonercruiser
8/18/2011, 02:19 PM

B) Seriously? Come on...you know that's implied when you say he's breaking the law.

C) You work for him, are married to him and live in a 50-50 State so your Living depends on him even though you make money at another job....you are married to it. You have more than once supported his Profession and if you are going to deny it...I'll stop arguing right here and now because you make my point by being in denial of your role as a Legal Spouse.

E) Elect a better Candidate and also remind yourself of what you said in C) again....lol

F) If you believe that...Avoid buying Beach Front Property you haven't seen from a Politician.

And, above all Mama remember - Stoop is never wrong. But, always to be quoted!

Stoopify!

MamaMia
8/18/2011, 02:19 PM

I'm laughing so hard at C, I can barely type. You've gone daft! :D

soonercruiser
8/18/2011, 02:20 PM
It is? Don't blink.

Go back to watching MSNBS.

NormanPride
8/18/2011, 02:20 PM
And my fellow American is where we have come to....
"It's just a $million"!
And this is why the Tea Party is alive and well! :mad:
When your budget is in the trillions, a million dollars is the equivalent of a hundred to you or me. You can be glib all you want, but this is a fact of the economy. Again. Not that it's right, just that it's a fact and thus stupid to get angry about.

Don't let that stop you from frothing, though.

pphilfran
8/18/2011, 02:24 PM
When your budget is in the trillions, a million dollars is the equivalent of a hundred to you or me. You can be glib all you want, but this is a fact of the economy. Again. Not that it's right, just that it's a fact and thus stupid to get angry about.

You are talking like people that cannot balance a budget....you will never find one item that gives you enough to get your head above water...

You find a lot of small items that when added together they turn into a tidy sum..

In government you wave off a million here and a million there...pretty soon you wave off billions...and then, before you realize it you are trillions in debt....

No amount is too small to go after when you are in the mess we are in...

NormanPride
8/18/2011, 02:30 PM
You are talking like people that cannot balance a budget....you will never find one item that gives you enough to get your head above water...

You find a lot of small items that when added together they turn into a tidy sum..

In government you wave off a million here and a million there...pretty soon you wave off billions...and then, before you realize it you are trillions in debt....

No amount is too small to go after when you are in the mess we are in...
Yeah, but pork spending isn't the place to start. Even if you cut ALL of it out, it would barely make a dent in the deficit, let alone start us on the path of paying off the debt.

I understand what you're saying, but we need to make our "small cuts" in multiple areas on bigger things like HHS, Defense spending and Medicare/Welfare.

pphilfran
8/18/2011, 02:49 PM
Yeah, but pork spending isn't the place to start. Even if you cut ALL of it out, it would barely make a dent in the deficit, let alone start us on the path of paying off the debt.

I understand what you're saying, but we need to make our "small cuts" in multiple areas on bigger things like HHS, Defense spending and Medicare/Welfare.

Look...you have to prioritize....

You make an estimate on savings on each possibility...

You make an estimate on time or cost involved to get the savings...

You start with the ones that are quick to resolve and give you max gains...

You then look for max gains out of the longer term problems that seem easiest to resolve...

There are many problem solving techniques that help narrow your focus and lead you to the most beneficial practices...

DC knows nothing about problem solving...nothing about compromise...nothing about how to handle people and using only influence to get them to move toward you side...

Natural gas is a perfect example...

It would lower CO2
It would reduce our need on imported oil
It would bring high paying jobs to the US
It would stop dollars from flowing overseas
It would put money in the consumers pocket because it will be cheaper than the alternatives...
You have US based companies putting in their own plans...see Chesapeake's plan...

Everybody benefits...but HELL NO....not in DC....

NormanPride
8/18/2011, 02:54 PM
I often wonder what goes through our leadership's heads when they are confronted with decisions like this. So many things seem like no-brainers to us, but are simply dismissed without even an explanation.

MamaMia
8/18/2011, 03:24 PM
I often wonder what goes through our leadership's heads when they are confronted with decisions like this. So many things seem like no-brainers to us, but are simply dismissed without even an explanation.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/smilies/scratchchin.gif "Now, what is it again that I have to do with the tax payers money to get that campaign check?"

NormanPride
8/18/2011, 03:35 PM
Pretty much...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/19/2011, 01:45 AM
You don't seem to realize that its against the law for the POTUS to campaign with tax payer dollars.WRONG-O!It's only against the law for Republicans to use taxpayer money for political expenditures.

badger
8/22/2011, 10:57 AM
It's not just sitting presidents, but also sitting vice presidents, who can use air force two at their disposal for... yes, campaigning.

I don't find it a big deal. We want the current president and vice president to be safe and not kidnapped and held for ransom or whatever, so we need to have secret service and air force one/two on em all of the time anyway.

If you want him ousted, vote for the other guy (or girl). The campaigning on tax payer's dollar thing? Non-issue.

NormanPride
8/22/2011, 11:13 AM
liberal...

badger
8/22/2011, 11:39 AM
you're starting to sound like rush, dear. Keep it up and I'll make him give you the Republican card that he took from me last week :P

49r
8/22/2011, 06:53 PM

Wait, what?

One million is 1/1,000,000th (that's one one-millionth) of a trillion.

So if you are saying that it's like "a hundred to you or me" implies that you or me has an annual budget of 100 million dollars.

I guess I wish I that were the case, but I doubt any of us on this message board has a 100 million dollar personal budget.

No, in reality, that million dollars to the government is more like five cents to you or me.

So yeah, I guess people are getting angry over the equivalent of a stick of gum. Kinda trivial if you ask me...

sappstuf
8/22/2011, 06:58 PM
Wait, what?

One million is 1/1,000,000th (that's one one-millionth) of a trillion.

So if you are saying that it's like "a hundred to you or me" implies that you or me has an annual budget of 100 million dollars.

I guess I wish I that were the case, but I doubt any of us on this message board has a 100 million dollar personal budget.

No, in reality, that million dollars to the government is more like five cents to you or me.

So yeah, I guess people are getting angry over the equivalent of a stick of gum. Kinda trivial if you ask me...

Yet the Dems will bemoan and demonize anyone who tries to cut that stick of gum...

49r
8/22/2011, 07:04 PM
Yet the Dems will bemoan and demonize anyone who tries to cut that stick of gum...

I don't think that's quite it. It's more like we should stop making such a fuss about the tour bus/stick of gum and start making more of a fuss about the unwinnable wars/filet mignon of the budget.

sappstuf
8/22/2011, 07:24 PM
I don't think that's quite it. It's more like we should stop making such a fuss about the tour bus/stick of gum and start making more of a fuss about the unwinnable wars/filet mignon of the budget.

If by "filet mignon of the budget" maybe you missed the classy commercial of a Paul Ryan look-alike pushing grandma literally over a cliff....