PDA

View Full Version : Austin Box Bracelets

SwitzerIsMyKing
8/17/2011, 01:20 PM
Can the general public purchase the Austin Box bracelets that the players have been wearing in the ESPN series? I'd love to wear one to honor the memory of Austin.

SunnySooner
8/17/2011, 01:26 PM
I saw those too, I wonder if they could be sold to raise money, either for his family if they need it, or for the charity of their choice, in memory of Austin.

I bet they could sell a bajillion in a heartbeat, it'd be a great way for something positive to come from the tragedy, at least.

badger
8/17/2011, 01:27 PM
Not that we'd want to remember them, but they sold the FINISH ones back in 2004, so no reason they can't do that this time around.

EDIT: I am not doubting their awesomeness for a sec, but I'd love to see one. Anyone have an image?

CaliBornSoonerBred
8/17/2011, 01:30 PM
I've looked everywhere and even asked Kenny Mossman on twitter but I can't find them for sale to the public. I'm sure after the season starts, every store on campus corner would have them.

and Badj, ironically....i found my old "finish" bracelet from 04 last week going through some old boxes.......

SunnySooner
8/17/2011, 01:32 PM
Don't have a pic, Baj, they're just the rubber bracelets in red with white lettering, I think they just say Austin Box, #12. I just saw it on one of the All-Access clips, couldn't really see the whole wording, though.

They're so cheap to make, you could sell them for a huge profit margin, and write a fat check to somebody. I hope this happens.

badger
8/17/2011, 01:36 PM
I asked, because I looked at pics from practice and players are wearing tons of stuff on their wrists --- multiple bands, tape, sweatbands, you name it.

Okie35
8/17/2011, 02:35 PM
I asked, because I looked at pics from practice and players are wearing tons of stuff on their wrists --- multiple bands, tape, sweatbands, you name it.

i took a pic of kenny stills wearing one...

http://i.imgur.com/teJHS.png

i'd buy one if they sold it, going towards charity or his family but if not you can get one made

Chiliman
8/17/2011, 06:36 PM
They say, "AUSTIN BOX #12" and "ALWAYS IN OUR HEARTS"

Ryan Reynolds and his family bought the first big batch. I believe the Box family has them. I'm sure they have thought about marketing them for The Austin Box Memorial Scholarship Fund.

Also, a friend of the Box family in Enid, who is a long time season ticket holder, is having car window stickers made to honor Austin. Not sure of the status of those.

Sooner Among The Pack
8/17/2011, 09:45 PM
I saw Stills say on Twitter that he didn't believe they were on sale.

soonerboomer93
8/17/2011, 10:47 PM
Honestly, to a certain degree I am glad they're not on sale. They should be something special for his friends/family/team mates.

I understand that as fans, we become attached to players, yet the desire to always emulate what the players have, to connect more and more with them isn't necessarily good.

VA Sooner
8/17/2011, 10:54 PM
I'll take one of those for the upcoming season.

Peach Fuzz
8/18/2011, 12:26 AM
Honestly, to a certain degree I am glad they're not on sale. They should be something special for his friends/family/team mates.

I understand that as fans, we become attached to players, yet the desire to always emulate what the players have, to connect more and more with them isn't necessarily good.

100% agree.

and *IF* they were for sale, I'd wish they went to charity and the scholarship foundation.

NormanPride
8/18/2011, 08:59 AM
Yeah, as much as I would love to have one... I didn't know Austin. I think I'd rather leave it to people that did.