PDA

View Full Version : OSU Facepalm 8/16

LVSOONER15
8/17/2011, 09:07 AM
These peole are really a different breed. What a bunch of idiots.

http://www.orangepower.com/threads/its-justified.123003/

SunnySooner
8/17/2011, 09:19 AM
Can't stop laughing...must breathe...ouch, my ribs...oooohhh, my, I might have to bookmark that for days I'm feeling down, there's just so much gold in one spot!!! Thanks for the link!!! Still laughing!!!!!!!

soonersalesman
8/17/2011, 09:25 AM
:D Yes.....yes they are.

I had three generations go to OSU. My grandmother, father, and brother.:(
My grandparents lived in Stillwater.....and.....well......obviously my father was raised in Stillwater. Imagine what it's like spending virtually every Christmas, thanksgiving, and many summer weekends in Stillwater while being raised as a child.:(

When i went to OU I created a bit of a riff in the time/space continuum.:) They simply couldn't comprehend why I would do that.;)

They really do live much of life in a fantasy land concerning football.:)

badger
8/17/2011, 09:29 AM
They have used OU instances in the past to claim why this year or that year is THE year for them. So I'll do the reverse:

Remember when our top guys were all coming back and not going to the NFL for a shot at the national title?

OSU is one key injury away from not just the Sun Bowl, but no bowl.

When a "down" season is not a losing season, THEN they will have made it.

They are not there yet, nor will they ever be. Why? Oh, let me count the ways:

-An overall losing football record (which may or may not change this year)
-Only attending 20 bowls (and Gundy is 2-2 in them currently)
-Your last conference title was a share of one in 1976.
-Your last major bowl (aka BCS caliber bowl) was the 1974 Fiesta Bowl.
-You have had a grand total of three seasons with at least 10 victories.
-Your stadium holds about 60k, the sixth-largest in the current Big 12, behind Texas (100k), A&M (86k), OU (82k), Mizz (71k) and Tech (also 60k but slightly more than OSU).
-Your last national title in football was never.

Mississippi Sooner
8/17/2011, 09:29 AM
We are going to kick everyone's poopholes in.

:gary:

MichiganSooner
8/17/2011, 09:31 AM
"We have award winning, nationally proven, non-system related, NFL caliber, sexified athletes returning on this team. That’s athletes – plural."

Sexified? Is a booster taking OSU recruits to the strips clubs and prostitutes?
Do we have the U up north?

MichiganSooner
8/17/2011, 09:34 AM
"we are going to have like 46,000-49,000 SEASON TICKET HOLDERS".

The little stadium only holds 60,000 although that has been unproven so far.

OUr stadium would look empty with 46-49,000 seats filled.

MichiganSooner
8/17/2011, 09:37 AM
"No one talks about it now because it's a foregone conclusion! We should all include "Oklahoma State Cowboys - 2012 National Champions" in our signature!!!"

Kind of reminds me of the claim of "World's Greatest Offense".

SunnySooner
8/17/2011, 09:37 AM
Its time to quit talking about being a program on the rise. Its time to quit talking about Weeden being better than Landry Jones and Blackmon better than Broyles even though OU beat OSU, won the Big 12 Championship and won a BCS game.

At least this guy kinda gets it, but he gets shouted down. My other favorite part is at the end when 4 or 5 of them argue with a Sooner that they are going to win the 2012 MNC THIS YEAR, because the game will be played after Jan. 1st. He tries to tell them it's the 2011 MNC (after quipping that they don't know how to count it b/c they've never won it, lol!), and they still don't get it.

Here's Mr. Smart OSU fan:
As has been explained to you a couple times now, a MNC for the 2011 year is played after Dec 31, and is therefore labeled as the 2012 MNC.

Go back to your trailer park.

Oh, make it stop, I really can't breathe!!!!

Barry's_Scowl
8/17/2011, 10:04 AM
Hasn’t Gundy’s thing done whatever?

Uh...exactly?

3rdgensooner
8/17/2011, 10:15 AM
They're so cute *patting on their cyber skulls*

tfoolry
8/17/2011, 10:27 AM
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk140/tfoolry/0152.jpg

KantoSooner
8/17/2011, 10:31 AM
Can you imagine the deep and persistence of the depression in Stillwater as mid-December rolls around and they stare at their empty hotdog bun wondering where it all went wrong?

BetterSoonerThanLater
8/17/2011, 10:32 AM
syphillis attacks the brain...there must be a syphillis outbreak in the resident stillwater sheep population.

OklaPony
8/17/2011, 10:36 AM
This very nearly made me pee in my pants:

I have been joking with my friends about booking rooms in New Orleans. After that post, I may do it.

badger
8/17/2011, 10:40 AM
As has been explained to you a couple times now, a MNC for the 2011 year is played after Dec 31, and is therefore labeled as the 2012 MNC.

Go back to your trailer park.

OU: 2001 National Champions! :rolleyes:

Seriously... how would they know what a football national championship is considered, considering that they've won ZERO?!

tfoolry
8/17/2011, 10:44 AM
I had to change my signature after that brilliant post.

badger
8/17/2011, 10:45 AM
We have been setting and attaining new goals every year under HCMG. Each year has given us something that we didn't have the previous year. Let's keep it up.
2005: A losing season.
2006: A sh!t tier bowl win.
2007: An angry tirade! Oh, and a road loss to a mid-major (Troy)
2008: A mid tier bowl loss.
2009: A shutout loss, not just a loss, to OU.
2010: A fumble in victory formation!

What new thing will they get this year that they didn't get the year before?

LVSOONER15
8/17/2011, 10:46 AM
I still cannot stop laughing. These people think they are going to win it all. And they are praising him for a great first post. WOW!

pphilfran
8/17/2011, 10:50 AM
If they avoid injuries and get their d to step it up a notch they have a chance to be in the running....

GKeeper316
8/17/2011, 10:53 AM
if i had been drinkin milk when i read that, it would have shot out my nose.

badger
8/17/2011, 11:07 AM
Our buddies at land thieves appear to be having fun too:

Being an OSU fan is like being on a staircase in an M.C. Escher painting. Right when you think you've turned the corner, it turns out you're just stuck in the same loop you've always been stuck in.

Link to their thread (http://landthieves.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12771)

olevetonahill
8/17/2011, 11:10 AM
If they avoid injuries and get their d to step it up a notch they have a chance to be in the running....

IF a sheep had wings it could get away from em before getting ****ed :eek:

pphilfran
8/17/2011, 11:24 AM

:D

WE ARE dirtburglars
8/17/2011, 11:28 AM

HAHAHA, what a bunch of sheep ****ers! :D

badger
8/17/2011, 11:41 AM
Soooo... as long as we're discussing the Pokes (and I seriously don't mind, nothing like a break from all that conference reallignment crap), how will they fare this year?

Sept 3: U-Lala
Sept 10: Zona
Sept 17: @ Tulsa
Sept 24: @ aTm
Oct 8: KU
Oct 15: @ UT
Oct 22: @ Mizz
Oct 29: Baylor
Nov 5: KSU
Nov 12: @ Tech
Nov. 19: @ ISU
Nov 26: Gooner gaem!!!111

I could see them losing quite a few of those. Returning star players and coming off a great season doesn't guarantee crap for the next season, as we've unfortunately found out a few times ourselves. I fully expect A&M to revenge them at College Station. Same goes for Tech. What they really have to be careful of is ISU, though, because those guys have been on an-upset-per-year streak. Pokes better hope and pray they don't pull out all stops to make them this year's upset.

pphilfran
8/17/2011, 11:44 AM
They will be 3-0 heading into A&M...

A&M - probably a loss
KU - win
TU - win
Mizzou - tough one - since I have em losing to the Aggies I give em a win

Wins in the next four
Loss to the Sooners...

So...10-2...worst case 8-4

soonerboy_odanorth
8/17/2011, 11:48 AM
Heh. My favorite on the first page (which is as far as I cared to go) was the motivated poke who threw on his replica Dallas Cowboys helmet and started wrasslin' his pillow.

I suppose it is an upgrade over the usual biting of said pillow. And now he can at least say they're sweat stains from the wrasslin' instead of tear stains from the losin'.

Quite the mental picture. I have to go flush now.

silverwheels
8/17/2011, 12:07 PM
Sure doesn't take much to get them foaming at the mouth. It would be a little sad if it weren't so funny.

Quik Sand
8/17/2011, 12:13 PM
BPS is actually owned by OU....they are just not aware of it.

70sooner
8/17/2011, 12:22 PM
Sure doesn't take much to get them foaming at the mouth. It would be a little sad if it weren't so funny.

those guys have shot out of the gate and will lose all their steam before the first turn, LOL!~

3rdgensooner
8/17/2011, 12:30 PM
those guys have shot out of the gate and will lose all their steam before the first turn, LOL!~Like the cattle gate that they break through at game time

NCSooner18
8/17/2011, 12:31 PM
"Hasn’t Gundy’s thing done whatever?"

What in the world does that mean? Wait, I might not want to know.

Keller Sooner
8/17/2011, 12:34 PM
They are the greatest team every summer, and then, the damn season comes around and screws it all up. :D

To their credit, they did have a good year last year. But still no conference crown or BCS bowl. Instead of "wait til next year" they should start saying "just wait til next summer".

3rdgensooner
8/17/2011, 12:36 PM
To their credit, they did have a good year last year. But still no conference crown or BCS bowl. Instead of "wait til next year" they should start saying "just wait til next summer".
They did celebrate the 3-way tie in the South Division.

sooner59
8/17/2011, 12:49 PM
I really needed that laugh.

silverwheels
8/17/2011, 12:57 PM
They did celebrate the 3-way tie in the South Division.

Even had rings made for it.

SicEmBaylor
8/17/2011, 01:10 PM
Even had rings made for it.

You're joking.

ouleaf
8/17/2011, 01:16 PM
And when OU brings their second tier QB, gas stealing/Justin Blackmon wanna-be/ WR; and arrogant-***, piece of “big players make big plays in big games”cliché-ing, trashy, drunk coach into OUR FILLED UP BPS – WE’RE GOING TO KICK THEIR **** IN TOO

I especially liked this little gem at the end of the post. Not only is it completely moronic, but the claim against stoops being trashy and a drunk is just the icing on the cake.

Because OSUck has never, ever had a coach who actually had any problems with alcohol abuse....oh wait....that's right.....:eddie:

picasso
8/17/2011, 01:41 PM
Do you guys realize these are the same people that had a serious thread back in '01 about if oSu could have won the national championship had they hired Bob Stoops and brought in Josh Heupel in 2000.

Serially.

picasso
8/17/2011, 01:42 PM
The truth is they would be average right now had they not been luckier than **** the day Taylor Weeden walked into Gundy's office.

Quik Sand
8/17/2011, 01:44 PM
Ya I am interested to see how much they fall off after Matlock leaves. Couple Qb's that were recruited fairly high, but we all know that means nothing.

silverwheels
8/17/2011, 01:45 PM
You're joking.

Weeden tweeted a pic of his ring a few months back.

Cornfed
8/17/2011, 01:48 PM
I had a guy tell me the only difference between OUs defence and the orange boys D was the tackles....

Its allways nice to kick the crap out of confident teams.

sooneredaco
8/17/2011, 02:33 PM
BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohhh..... Let me catch my breath.

BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooner_Tuf
8/17/2011, 02:36 PM
I swear if they weren't pokes they would be clowns!

SoonersEnFuego
8/17/2011, 02:44 PM
FYI, in case you want to know...

Sooners Are Better (OP) = SoonersEnFuego (here)

3rdgensooner
8/17/2011, 02:44 PM
I had a guy tell me the only difference between OUs defence and the orange boys D was the tackles....That's Poke brilliance

Illuminati
8/17/2011, 02:49 PM
Last year a poke friend of mine was bragging about destroying Washington state. I said, "Dude, they suck." He said, "They played in the Rose bowl in 2003!!"

Great Poke knowledge right there

silverwheels
8/17/2011, 02:51 PM
Heh. We destroyed Washington twice in the past decade and no Sooners were bragging about it because they won a split national title in 1991.

Cornfed
8/17/2011, 02:52 PM
Last year a poke friend of mine was bragging about destroying Washington state. I said, "Dude, they suck." He said, "They played in the Rose bowl in 2003!!"

Great Poke knowledge right there

Had a guy tell me AFTER the OU-OSU game that they were better , they beat A&M....lol

Illuminati
8/17/2011, 02:59 PM
I just don't understand how a fan base can be so stupid. Seriously

FirstandGoal
8/17/2011, 03:04 PM
I just don't understand how a fan base can be so stupid. Seriously

Well then, you haven't been paying 'tention lately now have you?

What kills (and mostly amuses) me is that they actually believe that ****. I've decided to bookmark that thread so whenever I'm feeling a bit down, I know what to do to get myself laughing again.

Quik Sand
8/17/2011, 03:06 PM
Had a guy tell me AFTER the OU-OSU game that they were better , they beat A&M....lolI too have heard this...they were the better team except: They lost to us....AT HOME. They played an easier schedule. They played said ATM before their QB change (which coincided with them playing much better down the stretch). Didnt ATM have like 5 or 6 turnovers and STILL nearly beat them at OU North?

badger
8/17/2011, 03:19 PM
A&M was better than us on the worst game of our lives. I'm not trying to take away from their single, sole victory that they over us for the first time since they fired RC, but we could have played sooooo much better that night than we did. :(

The same could be said for A&M against OSU. They flat out sucked that night and the only other times I saw them comparably bad was against Nebraska (don't let the win fool you --- they scored 9 points! NINE!) and Mizzou. I think they were much better than they showed that night, mostly on the play of a QB they sat out against us.

It is what it is. We lost to A&M, OSU lost to us, the season goes on (unless you're UT and you have no postseason, hehe)

yankee
8/17/2011, 03:43 PM
Oklahoma A&M fans are always good for a laugh. OP is a great source.

LVSOONER15
8/17/2011, 04:07 PM
I don't even know what to say about those fans. You couldn't even have a normal football conversation with them.

badger
8/17/2011, 04:18 PM
I don't even know what to say about those fans. You couldn't even have a normal football conversation with them.

Or a normal anything. Look what the lost ogle found (NSFW - guy give bird at one point):

3n1UjQTmEsA

olevetonahill
8/17/2011, 04:38 PM
I dint read but 1/2 the 1st page should I? I already think they maybe got this amoeba thing.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/brain-eating-amoeba-claims-second-victim-month-161107259.html

SicEmBaylor
8/17/2011, 04:42 PM
Well then, you haven't been paying 'tention lately now have you?

What kills (and mostly amuses) me is that they actually believe that ****. I've decided to bookmark that thread so whenever I'm feeling a bit down, I know what to do to get myself laughing again.

Now. Now. It isn't nice to laugh at the mentally handicapped. It's funnier than hell but not nice.

SicEmBaylor
8/17/2011, 04:43 PM
If Vet could somehow take his spekker over to OP.com for just one night -- they would think the apocalypse had hit by the next morning.

SoonerofAlabama
8/17/2011, 04:51 PM
:stunned: :eddie: !TEAM ON THE RISE :eddie: :stunned:

:gary:

MR2-Sooner86
8/17/2011, 05:40 PM
You're joking.

http://i51.tinypic.com/i2rgnm.jpg

MR2-Sooner86
8/17/2011, 05:53 PM
This feels like the scene in Revenge of the Nerds when the jocks get all riled up and run over to the nerds house and tear it up. I better not go near Norman.

we won more games last year than in any year in the entire history of OSU football. This year we will play in a BCS bowl

Forget them. I can't tell you how many times uo fans have made the argument that Poke fans settle for mediocrity and that we have low expectations. We have a year where we can plausibly win every game and they want to mock us. They can shampoo my crotch on Dec. 3rd.

After reading the OP I'm in the mood to clothesline the first goon I see at the office.... Except, I'd get fired. But I bet it would feel reallllyyyy good.

They can mock it, run with it, or post it in their lockers. It doesn't change the fact that we will be out for crimson red blood on Dec. 3rd. Can't get here fast enough.

The goons can laugh at it now...cause come hell or highwater we'll be the ones laughing on the evening of December 3rd. Listen well goons...this may be just some smack talk on a message board...but we've got a program to back it these days...and you guys know it.

The goons are going to lose before they play us. Mark it down.

I say this from most of us F%^& OFF! 50 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS SAYS WE DO DIP ****!

I don't see myself as an aggie, in fact I never heard that term once when I was in school at OSU. I am a Cowboy, though, for life. I have the class ring with the phrase "Connected For Life", the diploma on the wall, and the memories of the best days of my life to remind me. I am thankful for what the school has allowed me to become and for the times I had in BPS, GIA, on campus and in Stillwater in general.

All of this is worth more to me than your championships, the most recent of which I was a fan for, a 13 year old who didn't know any better and had just as much connection to the OU team as 90% of their fans. So, hey, I guess I know what it is like to win a championship just as much as you do.

One thing I do know, if, or when OSU gets their day, it will be way more special to me. Knowing that I will more than likely be there, and will have participated completely through tuition and fees, season tickets, and donations, and that not only my team, but my school, won it. It isn't the easy way out, and if we don't win it I will fare much better than most OU fans would. Basically the point is, none of your stupid comments (Aggie, sheep blah blah, 7 NC's, OU-OSU record, etc.) can make me feel bad about my team.

I will let the game speak for itself. But if we lose, I will in no way regret any decision to be a member of the Cowboy family, mostly because of ********* Sooner fans that I would be embarrassed to be associated with.

**** this ****! I'm going to go resurrect an old thread.

SoonerofAlabama
8/17/2011, 06:09 PM
^ They do know they sound ridiculous, right?

sooner59
8/17/2011, 06:10 PM
^ They do know they sound ridiculous, right?

That's what is funny about it. They don't. They are serious. And they take themselves seriously. :rolleyes:

SoonerofAlabama
8/17/2011, 06:15 PM
That's what is funny about it. They don't. They are serious. And they take themselves seriously. :rolleyes:

And they wonder why we have a stereotype about them.

Gooner, uo, 50 National Championships, some crap about OU's "t-shirt fans".

SoonerBacker
8/17/2011, 07:18 PM
"After reading the OP I'm in the mood to clothesline the first goon I see at the office.... Except, I'd get fired. But I bet it would feel reallllyyyy good."

That's because the boss is a SOONER. The janitors are from stoolwater.

Peach Fuzz
8/17/2011, 07:52 PM
This internet tough poke is giving me a head-ache... And they wonder why we treat them like retards.."goons" "uo" "your fans don't even go to ou"

I hate this team more than texas. At least UT knows what's up in the real world and the trash they talk isn't 3rd grade bull****...

osu fans, you really are the dumbest, pieces of shats I've ever known.

GottaHavePride
8/17/2011, 08:11 PM
One thing I do know, if, or when OSU gets their day, it will be way more special to me. Knowing that I will more than likely be there, and will have participated completely through tuition and fees, season tickets, and donations, and that not only my team, but my school, won it.

Hi. I was there, on Jan. 3, 2001. In the stadium. I payed my tuition and fees. Didn't have season tickets though. I was in the Pride. Which also means I was actually on the damn field at the game.

Suck it, Pokes.

birddog
8/17/2011, 08:24 PM
the only thing on the rise is t boner after 3 viagra and a scrote pump, er whatever they do for old guys.

no way will the humpers tcb as long as they're the humpers.

silverwheels
8/17/2011, 08:25 PM
I love when OSU fans bring out the "I actually went to OSU" card. I know tons of OSU fans who didn't, and those stupid message board Pokes will probably try to claim I'm lying.

Also, let me know when OU offers a degree in the culinary arts. Or when my culinary school starts a football team. That way I can be a "real" fan. :rolleyes:

Jack T.
8/17/2011, 08:41 PM
*sigh*

It's the same thing every single year. "This is the year." "Wait until [insert date of OU/OSU game here]." "Trust me, we'll win X games this year."

SunnySooner
8/17/2011, 08:50 PM
You know, with all this conference realignment crap, you'd think LosuR would actually be looking for a way to get AWAY from us, not velcro themselves to our backside, 'cause really, how else are they EVER going to have even an outside CHANCE to win a conf. championship?

I guess it's a money thing, but still, you'd think they'd want at least a couple banners, a ring, you know---like that case in Bob's office. It'd be small, but that's better than nonexistent.

Pricetag
8/17/2011, 11:10 PM
This feels like the scene in Revenge of the Nerds when the jocks get all riled up and run over to the nerds house and tear it up. I better not go near Norman.
Pssssh, as if any of them ever made it past the scene where the Alpha Betas tried to get Louis and Gilbert to screw the sheep.

LVSOONER15
8/17/2011, 11:29 PM
Those damn sheep pumpers. They can't wait till dec. 3rd to see their beloved team fall epically. BOOMER!!!

SoonerBorn85
8/18/2011, 10:23 AM
http://i51.tinypic.com/i2rgnm.jpg

That's just an expensive participation ribbon!

badger
8/18/2011, 10:31 AM
There are tons better OU fans than me that didn't go to OU. Jim Ross is one. I remember him talking about having to listen games on the radio back when he was young. I'm not sure I'd be able to make it through a radio broadcast anymore. I've been spoiled by TV :P

Chuck Bao
8/18/2011, 11:21 AM

Sept 3: U-Lala
Sept 10: Zona
Sept 17: @ Tulsa
Sept 24: @ aTm
Oct 8: KU
Oct 15: @ UT
Oct 22: @ Mizz
Oct 29: Baylor
Nov 5: KSU
Nov 12: @ Tech
Nov. 19: @ ISU
Nov 26: Gooner gaem!!!111

I could see them losing quite a few of those...

I agree that this may not be OSU's year to finally do something.

I'm just curious how they ended up scheduling aTm, UT, Mizzou and Tech on the road the same year. That seems unbalanced under the current Big XII-2 configuration. OU would never allow such a mismatch in scheduling even with UT in neutral territory.

I assume that some of the OSU best athletes will be moving on after this year, but I am not going to take the time to research it.

Maybe it balances out in their eyes because having OU at home is worth that one highly unlikely victory against 2-3 very possible and likely probable conference losses.

Obviously, they are still THE team on the rise and hope springs eternal or some crap like that on recruiting. I don't understand them, at all.

It should be painfully obvious that OU just plays the football game much smarter.

meoveryouxinfinity
8/18/2011, 11:22 AM
I love when OSU fans bring out the "I actually went to OSU" card. I know tons of OSU fans who didn't, and those stupid message board Pokes will probably try to claim I'm lying.

Also, let me know when OU offers a degree in the culinary arts. Or when my culinary school starts a football team. That way I can be a "real" fan. :rolleyes:

Does OSU-OKC count?

badger
8/18/2011, 11:33 AM
Hi. I was there, on Jan. 3, 2001. In the stadium. I payed my tuition and fees. Didn't have season tickets though. I was in the Pride. Which also means I was actually on the damn field at the game.

Suck it, Pokes.

Technically, the OSU fans were on the field that game too :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I remember a fellow Pride member being all like "If they went for the goal post, I would have rushed them." And I just kind of :rolleyes:. It was still my first year at OU, so I really wasn't sure what to expect with opposing fans at that point.

The next year, I was really :rolleyes: because rushing the field usually seems to be spontaneous, an in-the-moment thing, but the students were just camping on the sidelines, waiting to rush because it was a foregone conclusion that they had won. They tried to taunt us gooners with chip Tostitos bags... but we weren't going to the Fiesta Bowl anyway, idiots. We already lost to :rcmad:. Maybe should have taunted us with roses... oh wait, we're headed there now. Bye.

And then, they haven't won since. I remember 2004, they were once again camping the sideline, just waiting to break through security and rush the field... but then a wide field goal later, we are playing Boomer Sooner yet again, no field rush, just bawling orange people in disbelief.

One thing about bands though... they totally sympathize with visiting bands, just like we sympathize with our visiting bands. "Sorry for our fans acting like this." "Sorry the game is so lopsided." "We come bearing gifts." "Hi, we're Colorado and we know it's cold, but have these frozen apples and freezie pops." I am pretty sure the OSU band saved us in 2002 from their stupid students throwing sh!t at us... like one of their two downed goalposts.

silverwheels
8/18/2011, 12:59 PM
I agree that this may not be OSU's year to finally do something.

I'm just curious how they ended up scheduling aTm, UT, Mizzou and Tech on the road the same year. That seems unbalanced under the current Big XII-2 configuration. OU would never allow such a mismatch in scheduling even with UT in neutral territory.

I think under the new conference configuration, Texas was the only school not to have to repeat away games. Funny how that works out, huh?

silverwheels
8/18/2011, 01:09 PM
Technically, the OSU fans were on the field that game too :mad::mad::mad::mad:

What were OSU fans doing at the Orange Bowl when we were playing Florida State?

Wishboned
8/18/2011, 01:10 PM

Groundskeeping.

badger
8/18/2011, 01:11 PM

shoot, i misread, thought GHP was referring to that d@mn poke game in norman. my bad. in case any of you wiped that from your memories, osu fans rushed our field, although they at least stayed in the corner. it was kind of classless, so not feeling too bad about never losing to them in norman since.

champions77
8/18/2011, 01:18 PM

pretty big "ifs" there Phil. Only in Stillwater could they be excited about a secondary that finished 115th in the country last year in pass defense, and made Nebraska QB Martinez look like John Elway.

They came within an eyelash of losing three home conference home games last year, (beat A&M with a last second fieldgoal after giving osu five to's) more than we've lost in the last twelve years. An argument could be made that they played two good teams last year... and lost both games. A&M was not a good team when they played them. Changed qb's after the osu game.

PalmBeachSooner
8/18/2011, 01:23 PM
Sexified? Is a booster taking OSU recruits to the strips clubs and prostitutes?
Do we have the U up north?[/QUOTE]

No. Their boosters take them to the petting zoo for some heavy petting.

badger
8/18/2011, 01:31 PM
pretty big "ifs" there Phil. Only in Stillwater could they be excited about a secondary that finished 115th in the country last year in pass defense, and made Nebraska QB Martinez look like John Elway.

To be fair, we made Nebbish look pretty d@mn good in the first half of our Big 12 game.

It was the second half when things reverted back to normal, especially Tay Tay :D

LVokie
8/18/2011, 01:37 PM
Ahhh, Poke optimism in August; it's almost cute. I'm not about to subject myself to the misery of trying to get approved to post on there, but somebody with an account and a desire to be cruel might induce them to reread this:

http://orangepower.com/threads/official-game-thread-oklahoma-state-vs-oklahoma-11-27-10.106815/page-45

5th post down is where LJ hit Cam for the long TD; the next few pages are pure comic gold. :)

badger
8/18/2011, 01:45 PM
Ahhh, Poke optimism in August; it's almost cute. I'm not about to subject myself to the misery of trying to get approved to post on there, but somebody with an account and a desire to be cruel might induce them to reread this:

http://orangepower.com/threads/official-game-thread-oklahoma-state-vs-oklahoma-11-27-10.106815/page-45

5th post down is where LJ hit Cam for the long TD; the next few pages are pure comic gold. :)

Excellent first point. I love how your link goes to the part of that thread right as their hearts get partially ripped out, only to be partially returned, only to be ripped out more painfully than the first time.

Welcome. Play nicely with the other posters.

silverwheels
8/18/2011, 01:49 PM

That's some good stuff.

mike gundy can go **** in a pillow and sleep on it.

I've never seen a team get so many breaks. Ever. It's outside the realm of chance that they have dominated this series the way they have, how they get all of the fortuitous bounces time and time again. Some deity hates us.

Year after year Lucy and Charlie Broown

The only thing I can figure out is that BPS is built on an old Indian burial ground and has been cursed. Or maybe the defense sucks donkey balls. Whatever.

Can we just tear the stadium down and build a bigger parking lot for Gallagher Iba?

And then the delusional Pokes who have never have any clue as to what they're talking about:

Have you watched both teams all year long? We clearly had the better team, much like last year.

The tiebreakers are set up to where ou or texas are going to get the nod no matter what, so we have to win it outright to ever win it at all.

OU always plays their luckiest game against us. I'm not shocked. OU will also beat the hell out of Nebraska, and then choke against a sh@tty Big Least team. Meanwhile, we'll be playing an actual team from the SEC. So OU can suck it through a straw.

LVokie
8/18/2011, 05:02 PM
Excellent first point. I love how your link goes to the part of that thread right as their hearts get partially ripped out, only to be partially returned, only to be ripped out more painfully than the first time.

Welcome. Play nicely with the other posters.

I try to, I really do. :) Also, silverwheels, love the "Cliffs Notes" version, but my favorite one has to be "We can never win this d*** game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (about halfway down page 48) If only the Pokes would just accept that, perhaps they wouldn't be so miserable every December.

silverwheels
8/18/2011, 05:08 PM
But then they wouldn't be our lovable little Pokes if that did that, though.

agoo758
8/18/2011, 05:26 PM
"Everybody will know the POWER OF ORANGE!"

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/images/o/orange_juice-13943.jpg

Do you feel the power?....... Do you feel it?!?!

70sooner
8/18/2011, 06:02 PM
one more time and so apropos.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/sooner/osuhypemachine.jpg

SoonerDood
8/18/2011, 06:04 PM
To be fair, we made Nebbish look pretty d@mn good for about 3 plays in the first half of our Big 12 game.

fixed.

cleller
8/18/2011, 09:36 PM
Oh lord, how sickening. Someone get that Howard Dean Yowl attached to it.

Eielson
8/18/2011, 09:45 PM
Did they really say we're dumber? I've yet to find any legitimate statistic that pointed to anything other than the exact opposite. It's not uncommon for people to choose OSU over OU for no other reason than the fact that OSU offered more scholarship money (or that they didn't get accepted into OU).

Sooner_Tuf
8/18/2011, 10:07 PM
My favorite pokism. You never know anything can happen during Bedlam. The Bedlam game is so unpredictable.

Unpredictable implies a strongly contested series. If we multiplied the number of wins they have in Bedlam by a factor of 5 they would still be losing.

Seems predictable enough to me.

Quik Sand
8/18/2011, 10:32 PM
My favorite pokism. You never know anything can happen during OU-OSU. The OU-OSU game is so unpredictable.

Unpredictable implies a strongly contested series. If we multiplied the number of wins they have in OU-OSU by a factor of 5 they would still be losing.

Seems predictable enough to me.But this is their year...and its in Stillwater again....

...and their defense will be improved. Better WR, RB, QB, and Oline. Don't forget they were the better team even last year. :gary:

Will never understand why they are so excited about a secondary that was ranked 115 against the pass.....115th! Their Dline is garbage...and the editor...

MamaMia
8/18/2011, 10:49 PM
Its this kind of stuff they do that makes it all the more fun to kick their aggie bums. We'll be able to say that we beat them two years in a row on their own turf come Dec. 3rd. That'll be a new all time low for them. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/smilies/giggle.gif

Peach Fuzz
8/18/2011, 11:02 PM
That's what goon thinkin gets ya

Sooner_Tuf
8/19/2011, 01:43 AM
Its this kind of stuff they do that makes it all the more fun to kick their aggie bums. We'll be able to say that we beat them two years in a row on their own turf come Dec. 3rd. That'll be a new all time low for them. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/smilies/giggle.gif

Pray for a shut out! Would that be #34 or #35? :D

BigTip
8/21/2011, 01:56 PM
Reading delusional threads from another schools always helps me appreciate being us so much more.

badger
8/22/2011, 09:18 AM

I remember reading them complain about losing the 2012 home game, like they thought they were not only entitled to the 2011 home game, but also to keep the 2012 home game they previously had schedule. Zzzz.

So last time this happened, when the games were in Stilly back-to-back, what was the end result?

SoonerDood
8/22/2011, 09:37 AM
I remember reading them complain about losing the 2012 home game, like they thought they were not only entitled to the 2011 home game, but also to keep the 2012 home game they previously had schedule. Zzzz.

So last time this happened, when the games were in Stilly back-to-back, what was the end result?

1968 OU 41-7
1969 OU 28-27

badger
8/22/2011, 10:47 AM
1968 OU 41-7
1969 OU 28-27

It looks like we actually got to have a few back to back in Norman also in the 80s... which were also both OU wins :D

The default response when asking who won the OU-OSU football game should just be "Sooners," because 82 times out of 100-something, you'll be correct (and half-correct seven more times).

Sooner_Tuf
8/22/2011, 01:27 PM
They actually have a better winning percentage in Norman than in Stllwater in the series.

I like to think of Boone Picken's Stadium as Owen Field's sewage lagoon. A lot of turds floating around in there.

SoonerTony
8/23/2011, 11:23 AM
It is that time of year again!

The Pokes are at the apex of believing in their own hype. Only to have their dreams crushed by those dang gooners!

AlbqSooner
8/23/2011, 07:04 PM
"No one talks about it now because it's a foregone conclusion! We should all include "Oklahoma State Cowboys - 2012 National Champions" in our signature!!!"

Kind of reminds me of the claim of "World's Greatest Offense".

Kind of reminds me of "Wait till NEXT year". The season about to begin, for which a National Championship will be awarded is 2011.:tongue: