PDA

View Full Version : Saw this in Pryor, OK

salth2o
8/16/2011, 10:36 PM
I saw this as I was driving through Pryor, OK last week. At least give Grammy an umbrella to go with her drank.

http://i54.tinypic.com/fwmuqd.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/5cer2u.jpg

GKeeper316
8/16/2011, 10:39 PM
that's the rural taxi service.

room for your livestock, too.

Wishboned
8/16/2011, 10:47 PM
Well the first thing you know ol' Jed's a millionaire...

Memtig14
8/16/2011, 11:10 PM
Pryor just isn't as uptown as Claremore.

BudSooner
8/17/2011, 05:44 AM
Gotta love the Amish man, watching a horse and carriage cross hwy 412 is...kinda funny for some reason.
But they do have a butcher shop there in Chouteau that has some of teh best beef and pork in this part of Oklahoma, srsly.

There is a guy who is a mennonite, menonight....**** however ya spell it, who works with my son-inlaw and drives his Massey Ferguson to work everyday and that is a 10mile trip one way.
I've driven a tractor in high gear, and it ain't designed to go fast for long distances. Mike starts work at 5am, the guy must leave at 3:30 just to get there on time. :eek:

AlbqSooner
8/17/2011, 07:22 AM
One of the leaders of the mennonite communnity ear Chouteau is a cattle broker. Because of their restriction on modern devices, you will drive down a section line road out in the middle of nowhere and suddenly see a telephone booth. It sits just across the section line from the Mennonite cattle broker's driveway, but not on his property.

StoopTroup
8/17/2011, 09:28 AM
So it's OK to use the phone as long as it's not on his Property and that way he's living life proper?

Wonder when he'll make the correlation that Heaven and Earth are one and that that Phone Booth will suck him straight into Hell the second he closes the door. Plus unless he builds a Mote around his Property it's connected to Heaven and Earth and if he ever crosses that mote he won't really need the Phone Booth to get sucked into Hell as he's standing in hell already.

I love logic. :D

KantoSooner
8/17/2011, 11:04 AM
I had an orthodox Jewish neighbor when I was about 8 or 9. He'd pay me to run errands and do lawn chores, etc on his 'Sabbath'. Even at that tender age, the logic behind obeying scripture yourself whilst paying someone else to violate it seemed a bit odd.

Still in all NEVER, NEVER, NEVER LOOK A GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH. He paid well and he wasn't a pedophile. May his God bless him.

soonercruiser
8/17/2011, 02:20 PM
I had an orthodox Jewish neighbor when I was about 8 or 9. He'd pay me to run errands and do lawn chores, etc on his 'Sabbath'. Even at that tender age, the logic behind obeying scripture yourself whilst paying someone else to violate it seemed a bit odd.

Still in all NEVER, NEVER, NEVER LOOK A GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH. He paid well and he wasn't a pedophile. May his God bless him.

Gee!
And we only have horse-drawn carriages in downtown OKCity.
:rolleyes:

saucysoonergal
8/17/2011, 02:23 PM
I thought mennonites could drive cars and use phones?

silverwheels
8/17/2011, 02:25 PM

Was his name Walter Sobchak?

KmULYr1nsZ0

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/17/2011, 03:01 PM

Still in all NEVER, NEVER, NEVER LOOK A GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH. He paid well and he wasn't a pedophile. May his God bless him.He was having his gefiltefish, and eating it, too.

Canyonero
8/17/2011, 03:02 PM

Zippers are a tool of the devil.

KantoSooner
8/17/2011, 03:39 PM
He was having his gefiltefish, and eating it, too.

Mogen David on crushed ice.....yummy.

Seriously, a buck to come over and turn on the porch lights when it was getting dark was some low work earnings.

KuppiKunta
8/17/2011, 08:00 PM
You're a slow drivin' mofo if you couldn't pass them between Thomas' Restaurant and KFC!!!

salth2o
8/17/2011, 08:25 PM
You're a slow drivin' mofo if you couldn't pass them between Thomas' Restaurant and KFC!!!

We passed them and turned around twice just to see this and get a decent photo. :)

BudSooner
8/17/2011, 09:01 PM
It would seem this lot has not gotten that memo.:P