PDA

View Full Version : The best part about August

SoonerNate
8/16/2011, 10:32 PM
The fact that Venerables hasn't screwed anything up yet.

Carry on.

SunnySooner
8/16/2011, 10:34 PM
I think Martinez is the New Whipping Boy. Really. Discuss.

silverwheels
8/16/2011, 10:37 PM
Martinez should be the whipping boy for that hat he was wearing in the all access practice video.

landrun
8/16/2011, 10:51 PM
August is great because I golf a lot that month... in preparation for golfing in the fall. :)

The fall months are great because I get up at 6 or 7 am on Saturday morning and go to the golf course. I love playing on a course when the grass is brown with the exception of the fairway and greens. Its beautiful.

Then, I get home around lunch and sit in front of the TV with a glass of ice tea until 3am watching college football. Best time of the year!!

Its so pleasurable I often feel guilty for being so sorry. :O

Flying Scotsman
8/16/2011, 10:52 PM
...it's almost over. Hence, football is here!

sooner59
8/16/2011, 10:56 PM
Didn't you watch the show today? Broyles was ragging on Venables already.

Curly Bill
8/16/2011, 11:04 PM
I like that someone started this thread and it wasn't me. :D

ouwasp
8/16/2011, 11:19 PM
... is when the month is over.

C&CDean
8/17/2011, 08:42 AM
is that the ignorant V haters are only showing half their asses. Once we start playing, and the other team scores, they'll go full-out stupid.

Some things are just that predictable. Oh well, I'm looking on the bright side. Nobody will hate on Heupel until what? The third quarter of the first game?

Sooner in Tampa
8/17/2011, 08:55 AM
Bitch about Venerables all you want...he will be gone soon to be a HC and then you have someone else to bitch about

Some people are just NEVER happy

SouthFortySooner
8/17/2011, 01:30 PM
I am so very happy to be back home in Oklahoma. All of last season I was in the Pacific NW and had to depend on the game thread for the first time. I was appalled at the brilliance of the, when we ran- we shoulda passed and when we passed- we shoulda ran idots. Their still here in there smug little suits, just waiting.

CaliBornSoonerBred
8/17/2011, 01:32 PM
Hire Vet Brenables??

soonerboomer93
8/17/2011, 01:36 PM
Martinez should be the whipping boy for that hat he was wearing in the all access practice video.

troof

SoonerNate
8/17/2011, 01:38 PM
I will be a bit easier on him this year. He's had one rough spring/ summer. Most of my outrage is tongue and cheek anyways.

NormanPride
8/17/2011, 01:40 PM
****in' Hypel. Didn't throw touchdown tight end enough. Defenses never see that one comin'.

Curly Bill
8/17/2011, 01:53 PM
Bitch about Venerables all you want...he will be gone soon to be a HC and then you have someone else to bitch about

Some people are just NEVER happy

Oh good lord, I've been hearing this crap for how many years now, and he's still here. I'll bet ya whatever you wanna bet he's still here next year.

Soonerwake
8/17/2011, 01:55 PM
is that the ignorant V haters are only showing half their asses. Once we start playing, and the other team scores, they'll go full-out stupid.

Some things are just that predictable. Oh well, I'm looking on the bright side. Nobody will hate on Heupel until what? The third quarter of the first game?

The possible Heupel-hating will be an interesting development considering his almost cult-hero status.. But, it will happen, I'm sure of it.

silverwheels
8/17/2011, 02:17 PM
troof

I mean, I understand its purpose, but he still looked like a goofball.

Also, fire all the coaches.

cccasooner2
8/17/2011, 02:45 PM
I mean, I understand its purpose, but he still looked like a goofball.

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!!

MamaMia
8/17/2011, 04:15 PM
The fact that Venerables hasn't screwed anything up yet.

Carry on. Since you brought it up, I have noticed that he is very challenged when matching his fabrics and colors on the practice field.

The Maestro
8/17/2011, 04:21 PM
August is great because I golf a lot that month... in preparation for golfing in the fall. :)

The fall months are great because I get up at 6 or 7 am on Saturday morning and go to the golf course. I love playing on a course when the grass is brown with the exception of the fairway and greens. Its beautiful.

Then, I get home around lunch and sit in front of the TV with a glass of ice tea until 3am watching college football. Best time of the year!!

Its so pleasurable I often feel guilty for being so sorry. :O

Humblebrag.