PDA

View Full Version : The RYAN RHODES thing with OBAMA in Iowa yesterday

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/16/2011, 04:47 PM
I'm SURE this is all over the MSM by now...but just in case it isn't:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_081611/content/01125108.guest.html

OUMallen
8/16/2011, 04:53 PM
I'm pretty sure 90% of the tea party doesn't understand libertarian-ism, but that guy had cojones and I can appreciate that.

8/16/2011, 04:58 PM
I'm pretty sure 90% of the tea party doesn't understand libertarian-ism, but that guy had cojones and I can appreciate that.I think lots of mainstream conservativesTea Partiers) have difficulty with military isolationism in our modern complex world, as well as ignoring obviously dangerous and harmful drug use. Other than those 2 VERY BIG issues, the Libertarians are pretty much Tea Partiers, IMHO

OUMallen
8/16/2011, 05:16 PM
The ones I've encountered don't mind big government as long as it's big government in their favor. My litmus test for those has been abortion. Most around the 405 fail that test miserably. They just view the Tea Party as an honorable designation for being conservative....like being an All-American conserv.

8/16/2011, 05:21 PM
The ones I've encountered don't mind big government as long as it's big government in their favor. My litmus test for those has been abortion. Most around the 405 fail that test miserably. They just view the Tea Party as an honorable designation for being conservative....like being an All-American conserv.Well, that's what you think. What is the 405?

OUMallen
8/16/2011, 05:50 PM
The area code that covers large portions of central Oklahoma, including the OKC metro.

8/16/2011, 06:12 PM
The area code that covers large portions of central Oklahoma, including the OKC metro.D'Oh! Hellyeah! i kept thinking you were referring to a Loop highway somewhere. (in TX, I think...without googling, of course)

usmc-sooner
8/16/2011, 06:26 PM
I like how Obama thinks people are coming after him. I guess he doesn't remember all the BS that happened to Bush. I don't remember Bush crying around like Obama does. Hell Obama has the media on his side.

8/16/2011, 07:33 PM
I like how Obama thinks people are coming after him. I guess he doesn't remember all the BS that happened to Bush. I don't remember Bush crying around like Obama does. Hell Obama has the media on his side.He's a spoiled brat, like most D politicians, with the media kissing their as*es all the time.

Memtig14
8/16/2011, 07:40 PM
He is perhaps the one politician I have disliked the most in my life.

SoonerNate
8/16/2011, 07:45 PM
Why is he campaigning? Doesn't he have a job to be doing? Newsflash Barry, you aren't in the Iowa Straw Poll.

dwarthog
8/17/2011, 07:22 AM
I like how Obama thinks people are coming after him. I guess he doesn't remember all the BS that happened to Bush. I don't remember Bush crying around like Obama does. Hell Obama has the media on his side.

Not to mention all of the "bad luck" he has had. Hell he fixed the economy until that stuff happened in the middle east, Arab spring etc.... :D

87sooner
8/17/2011, 07:49 AM
The ones I've encountered don't mind big government as long as it's big government in their favor. My litmus test for those has been abortion. Most around the 405 fail that test miserably. They just view the Tea Party as an honorable designation for being conservative....like being an All-American conserv.

protecting life is "big government"?
ron paul is as libertarian as they come....and he's starting to talk more about protecting life...."all life"...

OUMallen
8/17/2011, 08:58 AM
protecting life is "big government"?

If you think the gov't should be allowed to tell a woman what to do with her body, you support bigger government. Not too difficult.

87sooner
8/17/2011, 09:01 AM
If you think the gov't should be allowed to tell a woman what to do with her body, you support bigger government. Not too difficult.

what if i support states rights to tell a woman what to do with her unborn baby?

do you think the govt should be allowed to tell people not to steal? kill? rape? molest?

i guess i support "bigger govt"

OUMallen
8/17/2011, 09:07 AM
what if i support states rights to tell a woman what to do with her unborn baby?

do you think the govt should be allowed to tell people not to steal? kill? rape? molest?

I guess you do.

Rush- this is exactly what I am talking about...people being "libertarian" and thinking they support smaller government until they want the government to do something for them. Then they LOVE government.

87sooner
8/17/2011, 09:37 AM
I guess you do.

Rush- this is exactly what I am talking about...people being "libertarian" and thinking they support smaller government until they want the government to do something for them. Then they LOVE government.

so does ron paul...i guess he's not a libertarian..

OutlandTrophy
8/17/2011, 09:43 AM
I guess not

soonercruiser
8/17/2011, 09:45 AM

Gee.....if I think that people shouldn't murder other people...I guess I'm for big govment too!
:rolleyes:

TheHumanAlphabet
8/17/2011, 09:46 AM
Not to mention all of the "bad luck" he has had. Hell he fixed the economy until that stuff happened in the middle east, Arab spring etc.... :D

Plus, he'll get on that job plan, right after he gets back from his Martha's Vineyard vacation...

Now if he went on vacation to the Wisconsin Dells or to someplace in Central Illinios, then I would have respect for him - somewhat. But this MV crap is just coddling to the apologetic rich liberals...

OUMallen
8/17/2011, 09:49 AM
Gee.....if I think that people shouldn't murder other people...I guess I'm for big govment too!
:rolleyes:

Idiot comment.

Good gawd people. Learn something before you try to jump in on these things.

87sooner
8/17/2011, 09:50 AM
what if i support 50% SMALLER govt than we currently have....do i support "bigger govt"?

OUMallen
8/17/2011, 09:57 AM
what if i support 50% SMALLER govt than we currently have....do i support "bigger govt"?

70% of the time, it works every time? :confused:

The point I was making to RLIMC is that some people self-identify as "libertarian" when really they're still neo-conservative. Not that 87Sooner is any certain way.

87- you're not libertarian. I have no idea if you self-identify as one.

NormanPride
8/17/2011, 10:17 AM
What if you just love killing things? Can you be libertarian then?

pphilfran
8/17/2011, 10:46 AM
70% of the time, it works every time? :confused:

The point I was making to RLIMC is that some people self-identify as "libertarian" when really they're still neo-conservative. Not that 87Sooner is any certain way.

87- you're not libertarian. I have no idea if you self-identify as one.

Other than a crazy man...what am I?

OUMallen
8/17/2011, 10:48 AM
What if you just love killing things? Can you be libertarian then?

You bet!

OUMallen
8/17/2011, 10:48 AM
Other than a crazy man...what am I?

Someone with a username I've never been able to figure out...

Do you say it all together as a word? Say one or two of the letters individually? :confused:

pphilfran
8/17/2011, 10:53 AM
Someone with a username I've never been able to figure out...

Do you say it all together as a word? Say one or two of the letters individually? :confused:

You can say it anyway you like...

OUMallen
8/17/2011, 10:56 AM
OK. "Pee Pee hilf ran" it is!

NormanPride
8/17/2011, 11:04 AM
heh

The Profit
8/17/2011, 02:00 PM

You can't kill what has not been born.

MamaMia
8/17/2011, 02:05 PM

He is such a whiner.

87sooner
8/17/2011, 04:51 PM
You can't kill what has not been born.

you should read a little bit of that science you preach...

MR2-Sooner86
8/17/2011, 05:15 PM
The point I was making to RLIMC is that some people self-identify as "libertarian" when really they're still neo-conservative.

http://www.allaccess.com/assets/img/editorial/raw/gl/GlennBeck5.jpg

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2009-11-09-Hannity.jpg

8/17/2011, 05:21 PM
Beck & Hannity claim they are Libertarian? I think they don't claim that. Google it if it's important, huh?

MR2-Sooner86
8/17/2011, 05:25 PM
Beck & Hannity claim they are Libertarian? I think not

Do I really need to break out all of the YouTube videos of Beck saying, "Since I'm a Libertarian..." "Well I'm a Libertarian so..." "As a Libertarian I believe..." That was one of his big selling points trying to not be like "the others."

As for Hannity I've heard him say on his show he has claimed to be "Libertarian" on several issues. The thing was it really wasn't that Libertarian when he stated his position.