PDA

View Full Version : Dumbazzes

okie52
8/16/2011, 03:37 PM
Where in the world do these OSU aggies get the idea that OU is tethered to them?

I've seen OSU people post that any move by OU that left OSU behind would be killed by the legislature...that it would be political suicide for any legislator that approved such a split.

What would be political suicide is any legislator that did anything that was perceived as harming OU such as restricting OU's ability to join a conference based on that conference also accepting OSU.

If OU can go to a conference and bring them along....fine, as long as it is feasible. If not, FO.

badger
8/16/2011, 03:38 PM
I think the idea stems from the fact that we've been together so long. However, this theory of being tied together has never really been put to the test.

sooneredaco
8/16/2011, 03:42 PM
I think the idea stems from the fact that we've been together so long. However, this theory of being tied together has never really been put to the test.

I say it's about time we do that then. eff off pokes

FtwTxSooner
8/16/2011, 03:55 PM
I think cutting the tie and allowing them to win conference championships in the Mountain West or CUSA would be a very good gift to little brother.

SoonerMom2
8/16/2011, 04:01 PM
Have said all along there was a reason Clay Bennett was added to the OU Board of Regents. What better person then someone who got the Sonics out of Seattle. If he could fight the City of Seattle, et al -- our legislature is small potatoes since a lot of their donations come from the owners of the Thunder and their PACs. Don't think legally the legislature can do a thing except complain. I want to see them take on President Boren, the OU Board of Regents, and the OU lawyers -- my bet is on OU.

badger
8/16/2011, 04:10 PM
Would you say he's... a man possessed? :P

Mississippi Sooner
8/16/2011, 04:15 PM
I still don't get this long time tie-in thing. OSU didn't join what became the Big 8 until 1960. I mean, yeah, they were both in the early version of the Southwest Conference back during the Wilson administration, but it's not like they've been joined at the hip all along.

GrandStrandSooner
8/16/2011, 05:02 PM
Have said all along there was a reason Clay Bennett was added to the OU Board of Regents. What better person then someone who got the Sonics out of Seattle. If he could fight the City of Seattle, et al -- our legislature is small potatoes since a lot of their donations come from the owners of the Thunder and their PACs. Don't think legally the legislature can do a thing except complain. I want to see them take on President Boren, the OU Board of Regents, and the OU lawyers -- my bet is on OU.

I want to see the politicians go up against PO'd Sooners if they screw us. There is reason we have 90K per game in the stands and they have 45K.

Flagstaffsooner
8/16/2011, 05:48 PM
They are like stepping in dog poop in the yard, cant get it off your shoe.

En_Fuego
8/16/2011, 06:00 PM
Someone has to tend the Sheep [hairGel]

http://i315.photobucket.com/albums/ll479/girlscoutstrip08/103_1375.jpg

Sooner_Tuf
8/16/2011, 06:18 PM
Last year David Boren said he wouldn't leave them hanging. I assume he was talking about the PAC16 offer at the time. There was banter that the PAC wanted Kansas instead of them.

There is no ties though, Different Board of Regents. Heck they aren't even the same species as us.

Besides this was before Gundy fired an OU Fan, all bets are off now. Payback is a biotch.

tfoolry
8/16/2011, 07:31 PM
aTm and * can set a strong case for a split of OU and sheep rapers. Fla/fsu and Iowa/isu have coexisted in different conferences for years. All aggies should get together and form their own conference. Any suggestions of a name for that outfit?

soonersam
8/16/2011, 07:33 PM
I would miss the automatic win every year

SoonerNate
8/16/2011, 07:36 PM
I say it's about time we do that then. eff off pokes

AMEN!

StoopTroup
8/16/2011, 07:36 PM
I might miss the hatred. LOL

silverwheels
8/16/2011, 07:47 PM
OSU isn't really holding us back from anything, though. If not the Big 12, Boren's next choice is the Pac-12, who would most likely accept them if we go.

goingoneight
8/16/2011, 08:09 PM
I don't know how OSU either helps or hurts us. They're not stealing TV sets that OU doesn't own already in this region and they sure as hell aren't producing. BUUUUUT, that said, they are about as interesting as a TCU or Boise State if you're looking at an up-and-comer (I know, I know... "team on the rise, lol). I would think OSU is more attractive than Iowa State, Baylor, Kansas or Kansas State.

rainiersooner
8/16/2011, 08:19 PM
Would you say he's... a man possessed? :P

Why do ya'll have to pour salt in my wounds!!? ;)

rainiersooner
8/16/2011, 08:21 PM

I find it hard to believe that Oklahoma's legislature could be comprised of bigger pansies and pushovers than Seattle's city council.

Oh wait...this is a football thread. Sorry!! :D

AlboSooner
8/16/2011, 08:25 PM
Which legislator would have the courage to go against O-K-U?

OU reminds me of Gandalf in the fantasy books of JRR Tolkien: Glandaf was one of the most powerful beings in middle earth, yet very rarely displayed his might and power.

In a battle of popularity and support between O-K-U and those monkeys at the state capitol, I have my money on the crimson and cream. It is the Sooner state, before Mary Falin was born.

bluedogok
8/16/2011, 08:27 PM
UT and A&M have been together a whole lot longer.....