PDA

View Full Version : Ronnell Update on SoonerScoop.com

OUVarsityXV
8/16/2011, 03:21 PM
On the front page of http://oklahoma.rivals.com/ they have a Ronnell Lewis update. I do not subscribe to rivals. Who has a subscriptions? Can a brother get an update?

Sooner_Tuf
8/16/2011, 03:24 PM
I have a subscription ;) How bad do you want to know?

OUVarsityXV
8/16/2011, 03:28 PM
"I got these cheeeeeseburgers man."....

SoonerShay
8/16/2011, 03:30 PM
"I got these cheeeeeseburgers man."....

Lol! Classic line. Are they double cheeseburgers?

SoonerinSouthlake
8/16/2011, 03:32 PM
cmon dude! killin us here

badger
8/16/2011, 03:33 PM
You don't need a subscription to view thread titles!

TUES practice: No update on Ronnell situation

(posted by Murdoch)

:mad: wow, i bet subscribers just LOVED to read the no-update update :mad:

dwarthog
8/16/2011, 03:34 PM
It will probably be on the news tonight for free.

OUVarsityXV
8/16/2011, 03:35 PM
What a bunch of horse ****!

badger
8/16/2011, 03:35 PM
Once again, the update thread title is:

Sooner_Tuf
8/16/2011, 03:49 PM
Basically nobody is talking. He practiced today and got about 80% of the reps. Venables said it wasn't his place to talk about it. Nothing new.

badger
8/16/2011, 03:50 PM
Basically nobody is talking. He practiced today and got about 80% of the reps. Venables said it wasn't his place to talk about it. Nothing new.

You could have said that before I embarrassed the poor SoonerScoop site by posting their thread title :D

gaylordfan1
8/16/2011, 03:52 PM
I didn't see him even participating on DE drill on soonersports. To be more clear, he wasn't even with the DE's. Wasn't present.... Absent....

But seriously, he wasn't there.

cccasooner2
8/16/2011, 04:15 PM
I didn't see him even participating on DE drill on soonersports. To be more clear, he wasn't even with the DE's. Wasn't present.... Absent....

But seriously, he wasn't there.

He was standing next to Alexander in the last minute of the 8/16 Oklahoma Drill vid. Black shirt, red shorts.

Whet
8/16/2011, 04:21 PM
I guess he knows:

@DavidLeake
David Leake
Its funny how all of you think he is eligible and yet Bob Stoops still hasn't said anything. I know, you don't. So shut up.

yankee
8/16/2011, 04:26 PM
I guess he knows:

Whoever that is sounds like a tool.

BillyBall
8/16/2011, 04:26 PM
I guess he knows:

Heh...

oudavid1
8/16/2011, 04:34 PM

Coming from a guy named Yankee

cccasooner2
8/16/2011, 04:37 PM

I thought David Leake was oudavid1, but I could have misinterpreted one of his old Stills posts.

oudavid1
8/16/2011, 04:43 PM
I thought David Leake was oudavid1, but I could have misinterpreted one of his old Stills posts.

Finally got my sig back up!

htownsooner7
8/16/2011, 04:48 PM
Hope Ronnell is eligible, but David King looks like a beast this year. 6'5 275 and blowing people up.

Whet
8/16/2011, 06:19 PM
Looks like he is playing!

@GuerinEmig The story on Ronnell is he passed all classes but for all Summer School kids NCAA checks to see if core classes are ok.

SoonerNate
8/16/2011, 06:20 PM
He had to write a term paper to become eligible. He'll play.

Sooner_Tuf
8/16/2011, 06:29 PM
He had to write a term paper to become eligible. He'll play.

I heard they thought he wasn't there but in reality he was there but had been holding his pencil upside down. Now that they have that straightened out it should be no time before he's good to go. :P

SoonerNate
8/16/2011, 06:52 PM
I heard they thought he wasn't there but in reality he was there but had been holding his pencil upside down. Now that they have that straightened out it should be no time before he's good to go. :P

That's why he doesn't play LB LOL

VA Sooner
8/16/2011, 06:52 PM
Looks like he is playing!

Hope Guerig is right... need him on the D-line to take the pressure off the linebackers as they get their new roles down. Secondary will take care of the errant passes.

tcrb
8/16/2011, 06:53 PM
This is good news. We need all the depth we can get.

picasso
8/16/2011, 08:15 PM
Hope Guerig is right... need him on the D-line to take the pressure off the linebackers as they get their new roles down. Secondary will take care of the errant passes.

That and we need guys who can tackle people on kick coverage.:)

Mazeppa
8/16/2011, 08:18 PM
They told him to write an essay, so he wrote his essay pedro, and is waiting for a reply. :)

swardboy
8/16/2011, 08:28 PM
That and we need guys who can obliterate people on kick coverage.:)

FIFY

CBUS_SOONER
8/16/2011, 08:54 PM
so is he good or not

gaylordfan1
8/16/2011, 09:12 PM
He was standing next to Alexander in the last minute of the 8/16 Oklahoma Drill vid. Black shirt, red shorts.

Not sure if your serious or not.... If you are go back and watch the video again. Unless Lewis has gain 50 pounds of soft around his mid section I would say that is not him. Regardless, even if it was him he wasn't practicing.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/16/2011, 09:52 PM
OU must have brought back J. Clayton Feaver to teach a summer class. He gave A's to all jocks and coeds.

picasso
8/17/2011, 08:16 AM
Not sure if your serious or not.... If you are go back and watch the video again. Unless Lewis has gain 50 pounds of soft around his mid section I would say that is not him. Regardless, even if it was him he wasn't practicing.

He's been practicing with the first team the entire fall camp.

KantoSooner
8/17/2011, 08:26 AM
OU must have brought back J. Clayton Feaver to teach a summer class. He gave A's to all jocks and coeds.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

yankee
8/17/2011, 01:11 PM
Coming from a guy named Yankee

Oh, is that you? Did I strike a nerve? My bad, Mr. Know-it-all. :rolleyes:

oudavid1
8/17/2011, 01:16 PM
Oh, is that you? Did I strike a nerve? My bad, Mr. Know-it-all. :rolleyes:

I mean only a little. and Hey! dont be nice to me. :mad:

badger
8/17/2011, 01:25 PM

I'm sure he's right. He's the OU beat writer for the Tulsa World, so probably heard it directly from the coaches.

Unfortunately, no article accompany. But, NewsOK did blog on it a few hours ago. Link here. (http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2011/08/17/lewis-status-still-uncertain/) Spoiler: No new info.

BoulderSooner79
8/17/2011, 03:51 PM
I'm sure he's right. He's the OU beat writer for the Tulsa World, so probably heard it directly from the coaches.

Unfortunately, no article accompany. But, NewsOK did blog on it a few hours ago. Link here. (http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2011/08/17/lewis-status-still-uncertain/) Spoiler: No new info.

I can't believe you spoiled that shocking revelation, Badger. And your posting (as of this posting) is over 2 hours old - where's the update??

yukonsooner
8/17/2011, 04:31 PM
Don't know if it means anything, but my son had a class at OU this summer which ended mid-July, and his grade was just posted on-line this afternoon.

NormanPride
8/17/2011, 04:37 PM
Is your son eligible? Is your son Ronnell Lewis?

KantoSooner
8/17/2011, 04:48 PM

WE are Ronnell Lewis and Ronnell Lewis is US.

OUVarsityXV
8/17/2011, 05:51 PM
I hope we can just find out soon. For good or bad. I am sick of looking every couple of minutes to see if he is eligible or not.

yukonsooner
8/17/2011, 06:03 PM

I only wish. It would have saved 100K

Whet
8/18/2011, 12:09 PM
Bad.. and you know who was correct!

@Kenny_Mossman
Kenny Mossman
Stoops on R Lewis: he did not practice today while tending to a personal matter.

BoulderSooner79
8/18/2011, 12:14 PM
Bad.. and you know who was correct!

That does sound very bad. These are not practices players would be allowed to miss except for dire circumstances (like not being eligible).

Lawton4Life
8/18/2011, 12:16 PM
That does sound very bad. These are not practices players would be allowed to miss except for dire circumstances (like not being eligible).

A parent or child or family member could be sick etc...but you're right doesnt sound too good.

BoulderSooner79
8/18/2011, 12:20 PM
A parent or child or family member could be sick etc...but you're right doesnt sound too good.

Yes, that's why I said dire circumstances. I only listed one such possibility, but seems the most likely one given what we know.

soonerrhea
8/18/2011, 12:24 PM
This really sucks

Jake_Trotter Jake Trotter
Stoops: ronnell lewis not practicing,stoops said. Dealing w/ personal matter. Not looking good.

OUVarsityXV
8/18/2011, 01:23 PM
GOD DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!

soonerboy_odanorth
8/18/2011, 01:26 PM
GOD DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!

Chill. David King is set to blow up. Dude's a monster. Besides, never sounded to me like Ronnell was fully invested in being a DE anyway... exhibited a little bit of an attitude problem last year. If he's an acadmic brick on top of it, that's a whole bunch of locker room distraction we don't need.

[Edit: Put it this way... If he can't be trusted to make grades over the summer sessions, how much can he be trusted to make it in the Fall and be eligible for the bowl game. Better this gets put to bed right now, one way or the other. Best hopes and wishes for the young man... but that may be all there is- hopes and wishes.]

badger
8/18/2011, 01:28 PM
More here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20110818_92_0_NORMAN98816)

"He just has some personal matters he's tending to, which we're in support of," Stoops said. "Once those are taken care of, we'll see."

NormanPride
8/18/2011, 01:34 PM
GOD DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!
I worry about you.

KantoSooner
8/18/2011, 02:26 PM
I worry about you.

Ah, you don't really need to worry until the little blood vessels in his eyes start exploding.

<with me that's usually around Q3 of the second game of the season. it's downhill from there.>

OUVarsityXV
8/18/2011, 03:11 PM
I worry about you.

I am pretty laid back usually, but not when it comes to the Sooners. This offseason has really been kicking my ***. There has been no good news besides Jamelle coming back. I am just sick of being hyped up and then not finishing. It would really mess me up if we got this number 1 ranking and didn't do anything with it. I think it's because I am from texas I got a pretty big chip on my shoulder as an OU alumnus.

What really irks me is these kids not getting their grades right. You are a pre-season Big XII player my man does that not motivate you? Come on bro.

SoonerNate
8/18/2011, 04:06 PM
GOD DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!

LMFAO

JudInKC
8/18/2011, 04:32 PM
I am pretty laid back usually, but not when it comes to the Sooners. This offseason has really been kicking my ***. There has been no good news besides Jamelle coming back. I am just sick of being hyped up and then not finishing. It would really mess me up if we got this number 1 ranking and didn't do anything with it. I think it's because I am from texas I got a pretty big chip on my shoulder as an OU alumnus.

What really irks me is these kids not getting their grades right. You are a pre-season Big XII player my man does that not motivate you? Come on bro.

Hey bro...it's just football not life or death. Be wound up and excited but don't try to live vicariously thru a bunch of 18-22 year olds who probably don't love the university as much as you.

OUInformant
8/18/2011, 04:41 PM
To make things fair, it has been decided that David King will play FSU by himself.

OUVarsityXV
8/18/2011, 04:51 PM
Hey bro...it's just football not life or death. Be wound up and excited but don't try to live vicariously thru a bunch of 18-22 year olds who probably don't love the university as much as you.

Ok Sigmund Freud. I don't need a diagnosis, most of the things I say are hyperbolic anyways. I am proud of my school and I want us to acheive greatness on all levels. Living through these players is different than being dissappointed by them. I don't live through them but I do want them to do well and I feel some sort attachment to them as players/individuals. That is hardly living vicariously through them, in fact that is really the majesty and allure of sports. Aren't we all living through these players in some way? We are no longer in the position to do what they are doing so we share their achievements with them. I think that is why college football is so exciting. You have a personal link to the school/players because it is your school rather than a professional organization. Pwned.

JudInKC
8/18/2011, 08:27 PM
Ok Sigmund Freud. I don't need a diagnosis, most of the things I say are hyperbolic anyways. I am proud of my school and I want us to acheive greatness on all levels. Living through these players is different than being dissappointed by them. I don't live through them but I do want them to do well and I feel some sort attachment to them as players/individuals. That is hardly living vicariously through them, in fact that is really the majesty and allure of sports. Aren't we all living through these players in some way? We are no longer in the position to do what they are doing so we share their achievements with them. I think that is why college football is so exciting. You have a personal link to the school/players because it is your school rather than a professional organization. Pwned.

I love that you self-proclaim a pwned.

I can't decide if I love it more than the fact you claim you aren't living vicariously thru a bunch of kids yet you go on to say you "feel some sort of attachment to them as players/individuals". Talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth...

I bet you probably have a bunch of them as friends on facebook, too, right?

birddog
8/18/2011, 08:35 PM
<belch>

BoulderSooner79
8/21/2011, 03:27 PM
Thank goodness the board is back!! So anything new on R. Lewis? Has he done any unscheduled pooping or peeing?

goingoneight
8/21/2011, 05:41 PM
He's been working on redesigning SF.com

Salt City Sooner
8/21/2011, 05:53 PM
Not every Stoops text was filled with similar doom and gloom. He revealed in one message that the defense could soon get some much-needed good news.

When asked what the odds were of defensive end Ronnell Lewis being declared eligible to play this season, Stoops wrote: "I think good."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20110821_202_B1_RAIYAP154773

OUmillenium
8/21/2011, 06:00 PM
OU 53rd in total defense last year = ugh

Quik Sand
8/21/2011, 06:04 PM
Galdarn it

mobilesteve
8/21/2011, 09:00 PM
I bet he is back at practice tomorrow and my
wager is he plays this year. Take it for what its
worth.

LVSOONER15
8/21/2011, 09:28 PM
Coach Stoops remarks sound pretty good. We need Ronnell this season.

VA Sooner
8/21/2011, 10:32 PM
Definitely need Ronnell on the line. King is a beast but not as quick to the ball as the Hammer.

BoulderSooner79
8/21/2011, 10:59 PM
Definitely need Ronnell on the line. King is a beast but not as quick to the ball as the Hammer.

If Lewis is ineligible, King will get better overnight. In fact, we'll find out King should have been the starter all along - just read SF.com and see.

Bxbysooner
8/22/2011, 12:10 PM
37 minutes ago - by Tim Willert - Stoops to address status of DE Lewis
Monday is the first day of classes, and practice will resume after two days off. Coach Bob Stoops is expected to address the status of DE Ronnell Lewis after practice. Sooners RapidReports

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rapid-reports/post/15468677

jk the sooner fan
8/22/2011, 12:17 PM
addressing something "after practice" doesnt sound like good news to me

LVSOONER15
8/22/2011, 12:20 PM
Let's hope the news is good.

OUVarsityXV
8/22/2011, 12:29 PM
That is not looking good, but at least we can finally put this to bed soon.

jk the sooner fan
8/22/2011, 12:38 PM
if he were eligible - he'd likely practice and Stoops would release something saying "he's at practice", etc etc

i cant imagine a scenario where he'd need to address something positive in this situation

LVSOONER15
8/22/2011, 12:47 PM
Yup this news does not look good, but at least the suspense will be over. And King does look like a beast.

Bxbysooner
8/22/2011, 12:55 PM
I think it is good news....Carey Murdock said on the animal this morning that he thinks Ronnell will be declared eligible but suspended for the Tulsa game....also if Bob sent that text to Sittler about the Defense is gonna get some much needed good news and the following day he is addressing the Ronnell Lewis situation i would think that the "Good News" is Ronnell being declared eligible....but i am just assuming and that is never a good thing to do.

Sooner_Tuf
8/22/2011, 12:55 PM
You'll are a bunch of Debbie Downers. Try to be Debbie Go Downers if you can handle the load.

TIA

badger
8/22/2011, 01:01 PM
You know what I think the defensive good news is? Travis coming back earlier than expected :D

jk the sooner fan
8/22/2011, 01:03 PM
I think it is good news....Carey Murdock said on the animal this morning that he thinks Ronnell will be declared eligible but suspended for the Tulsa game....also if Bob sent that text to Sittler about the Defense is gonna get some much needed good news and the following day he is addressing the Ronnell Lewis situation i would think that the "Good News" is Ronnell being declared eligible....but i am just assuming and that is never a good thing to do.

one way of looking at it - i hope you're right

jumperstop
8/22/2011, 01:09 PM
You know what I think the defensive good news is? Travis coming back earlier than expected :D

I would welcome this news as well too.

fwsooner22
8/22/2011, 01:11 PM
The season needs to start really soon.

OUVarsityXV
8/22/2011, 01:46 PM
When does practice end now?

BoulderSooner79
8/22/2011, 01:55 PM
You'll are a bunch of Debbie Downers. Try to be Debbie Go Downers if you can handle the load.

TIA

Yes, because the attitude on SF.com is sure to make a difference. If the verdict is ineligible, then the Debbie Downer crowd will have to live with what they caused.

soonerrhea
8/22/2011, 02:23 PM
Rivals and Carey Murdock have both reported this rumor of an announcement is false and there is no announcement forthcoming after today's practice

BoulderSooner79
8/22/2011, 03:44 PM
Rivals and Carey Murdock have both reported this rumor of an announcement is false and there is no announcement forthcoming after today's practice

Hahahahaha.... Er, why am I laughing? :bi_polo::bi_polo:

Lott's Bandana
8/22/2011, 03:53 PM

The same Murdock said Ronnell wasn't practicing anymore and is likely done.

I'll wait for Coach to tell us about it at the end of the day.

northspeter
8/22/2011, 04:06 PM
The same Murdock said Ronnell wasn't practicing anymore and is likely done.

I'll wait for Coach to tell us about it at the end of the day.

murdoch just tweeted that ronnell is suited up and at practice today... still no news on eligibility...

KantoSooner
8/22/2011, 04:49 PM
I, for one, just hope that Ronnell knows that the people behind all this nonsense are Texans. Yes. Texans.
They have plotted and planned to make his life miserable and to endanger his football career.
Texans. Most likely their running backs are behind the whole thing. Dastards!
And he'll only have, perhaps, this one chance, this season to put matters right.
Just so we make sure that this thought is kept clear and bright in Ronnell's mind.

oumartin
8/22/2011, 05:01 PM
Murdoch is a moron,

hawaii 5-0
8/22/2011, 05:32 PM
I predict Ronnell to take a few heads off this season.

5-0

CBUS_SOONER
8/22/2011, 06:05 PM
Seems to be a lot of hype for an unproven playa. We will win championships with or without Ronnell... That being said, I sure hope he is eligible

meoveryouxinfinity
8/22/2011, 06:24 PM
I wouldn't call it hype for an unproven player. You should be saying that about Nelson....or even moreso, someone like Trey Metoyer.

OUVarsityXV
8/22/2011, 07:28 PM
Seeing it on Tulsa World reporter's Twitter that they have no definitive answer today. He practiced today but is still working on on "family matters". Bobby Jack Wright said that "once everything is resolved and he is cleared he is our guy." Stoops was visibly tired of this Ronnell fiasco. Stoops: I am not going to comment on his personal business, but anyone who has to deal with things personally it is difficult." He later said that "we will prepare our team one way of another."

Stoops made is clear that whenever they know something they will announce it. No news. Fml.

OUVarsityXV
8/22/2011, 07:32 PM
Seeing it on Tulsa World reporter's Twitter that they have no definitive answer today. He practiced today but is still working on on "family matters". Bobby Jack Wright said that "once everything is resolved and he is cleared he is our guy." Stoops was visibly tired of this Ronnell fiasco. Stoops: I am not going to comment on his personal business, but anyone who has to deal with things personally it is difficult." He later said that "we will prepare our team one way of another."

Stoops made is clear that whenever they know something they will announce it. No news. Fml.

"When I have definitive word on anybody. I will be definitive. I keep saying that. On all of these guys (Jordan Phillips, Trey Metoyer, Ronnell & Jordan Wade), for the last time when I know something when it's finished and done. I will say so. So obviously none of them are just yet."

Coach Stoops

picasso
8/22/2011, 07:47 PM
Seems to be a lot of hype for an unproven playa. We will win championships with or without Ronnell... That being said, I sure hope he is eligible
Really? When did you start watching OU football?

Dusty Dvoracek was on the radio a few weeks ago saying Ronnell was the most impressive player on defense.

SunnySooner
8/22/2011, 08:02 PM
I'm pretty sure Ronnell is a daddy, wonder if that is some of his "family issues". And I really wish high school kids would not procreate, but that's a whole new thread.

tcrb
8/22/2011, 08:14 PM

Dusty Dvoracek was on the radio a few weeks ago saying Ronnell was the most impressive player on defense.

Heh....agreed. Unproven players usually dont have nicknames like "The Hammer". But imho, his greatest value may be on special teams.

Wishboned
8/22/2011, 08:18 PM
"When I have definitive word on anybody. I will be definitive. I keep saying that. On all of these guys (Jordan Phillips, Trey Metoyer, Ronnell & Jordan Wade), for the last time when I know something when it's finished and done. I will say so. So obviously none of them are just yet."

Coach Stoops

So what he's saying is that he might say something before he knows for sure?

SoonerStud615
8/22/2011, 11:18 PM
See my sig. Yeah it's a joke, but srsly. Come on. Keep it in your pants.

cantwait48
8/23/2011, 01:03 AM
I was just watching the big12 title game on espnu and saw the play ronnell made against Martinez. we had just scored our first td to make it 17-7 (2nd Qtr) and martinez scrambled and was easily going to make the first but ronnell ran him down like no other end could do and brought up 4 and 1. that was a huge play and why we need him out there.

CBUS_SOONER
8/23/2011, 07:20 AM

HAHAHA!!!!So Dusty said he looks good in practice he must be great... I got ya!!! When did you start playing sports? Not saying he is bad or anything... Just a lot of hype for a player that has had a couple nice hits on special teams.

Sooners78
8/23/2011, 08:07 AM
I was just watching the big12 title game on espnu and saw the play ronnell made against Martinez. we had just scored our first td to make it 17-7 (2nd Qtr) and martinez scrambled and was easily going to make the first but ronnell ran him down like no other end could do and brought up 4 and 1. that was a huge play and why we need him out there.

I love having him at DE. His athletic ability is a huge asset at that position. At LB, it seemed that he wasn't grasping the schemes. It will especially prove valuable against QBs like Griffin.

BoulderSooner79
8/23/2011, 09:59 AM

Better tell that story to the academic folks holding things up - they obviously don't get it.

Buster
8/23/2011, 10:56 AM
If they are tired of dealing with it, them being so vague is causing this thing to grow like a virus.

kevpks
8/23/2011, 11:43 AM
I don't know who is more anxious about this: OU fans or the kick returner for Tulsa
who will get lit if the Hammer is out there.

Tear Down This Wall
8/23/2011, 11:46 AM
Why can't they just say, it's academic and we're waiting for the grade? Isn't that the easier thing to do? Isn't it the truth? It's not like a college kid flunking a class is newsworthy.

Seems to me, whatever it is, this kid needed to redshirt a couple of years ago or last season. If there are grade problems and then personal problems, maybe he needs a year to sit and get things straight.

What the world needs now is love, sweet love. It's the only thing that there's just too little of.

Tear Down This Wall
8/23/2011, 11:55 AM
If they are tired of dealing with it, them being so vague is causing this thing to grow like a virus.

Also, Buster, I want to thank you for your avatar. Many people don't appreciate the chaos players like Terrance Malone toiled under playing for three different head coaches in three consecutive seasons. Guys like Terrance Malone who stuck through it are thoroughly underappreciated by the Sooner fan base. I was a new season ticket holder back then and appreciated the effort they gave despite having to start over again year after year with new coaches.

Buster
8/23/2011, 12:45 PM
Also, Buster, I want to thank you for your avatar. Many people don't appreciate the chaos players like Terrance Malone toiled under playing for three different head coaches in three consecutive seasons. Guys like Terrance Malone who stuck through it are thoroughly underappreciated by the Sooner fan base. I was a new season ticket holder back then and appreciated the effort they gave despite having to start over again year after year with new coaches.

Those dont even look like OUr uniforms, it was humorus to me !

bmjlr
8/25/2011, 10:10 AM
For crying out loud...how long does it take to figure out if he can play?!!!! I'm dying here!

OUVarsityXV
8/25/2011, 10:22 AM
I concur

BoulderSooner79
8/25/2011, 10:56 AM
I think we'll know very soon -- within a couple of years for sure.

Sooner Wing
8/25/2011, 11:02 AM
In your opinon what are the chances that he can play. At this late stage in the game I give him a 10% chance of being able to play. I just can't see it taking this long if he is going to be cleared to play.

What do y'all think his chances are???

Widescreen
8/25/2011, 11:03 AM
In your opinon what are the chances that he can play. At this late stage in the game I give him a 10% chance of being able to play. I just can't see it taking this long if he is going to be cleared to play.

11%

Keller Sooner
8/25/2011, 11:22 AM
I'm getting concerned about Ronnell, Metoyer and Phillips. I mean it's coming down to the wire on all of them. It seems strange we haven't heard a word on any of them.

sluggo sooner
8/25/2011, 11:56 AM
11%

I can see that you rounded.

AZSOONER
8/25/2011, 12:06 PM
He's practicing, which is good unless he can't play, if that's the case he's been taking reps away from someone.

BoulderSooner79
8/25/2011, 12:26 PM
Just saw the link on ESPN that a TTech player was just declared eligible by the NCAA clearinghouse yesterday. So miracles do happen. I don't know if that is what Lewis is waiting on, but that is the case with Metoyer.

yukonsooner
8/25/2011, 01:51 PM
As we all know, the NCAA doesn't work by the same times that we do. They see no particular hurry, it doesn't affect their pay checks one way or the other if they clear a guy in June or October. As the old saying goes, "it all pays the same".

picasso
8/25/2011, 01:56 PM
HAHAHA!!!!So Dusty said he looks good in practice he must be great... I got ya!!! When did you start playing sports? Not saying he is bad or anything... Just a lot of hype for a player that has had a couple nice hits on special teams. Hahahahaha!

That's not it at all. Did you not watch any games last year? Ronnell played more than just special teams. How about the CCG against Nebraska. Ronnell was one of the guys out chasing Martinez AND catching him at times. I'd dare say that's a proven player.

Burp.

saucysoonergal
8/25/2011, 02:05 PM
Hahahahaha!

Burp.

Bless you

CBUS_SOONER
8/25/2011, 03:16 PM
Hahahahaha!

That's not it at all. Did you not watch any games last year? Ronnell played more than just special teams. How about the CCG against Nebraska. Ronnell was one of the guys out chasing Martinez AND catching him at times. I'd dare say that's a proven player.

Burp.

I hope he is eligible... But these are stats of a player who is proven??? Define proven?

2010SEASON Stats
TOT SOLO AST SACK FF INT YDS AVG LNG TD PD
38 24 14 3.5 0 1 12 12 12 1 0

Fart!

BoulderSooner79
8/25/2011, 03:55 PM
"Proven" in this case means the coaches have designated him as starter. That is more proven than the guy behind him.

Big D Sooner
8/25/2011, 07:17 PM
The NCAA just pisses me off. I feel like this has been dragged out for way too long already. It is not as though there is a huge investigation to do here... declare him eligible or ineligible and let OU move on. As it is Ronnell, the coaches, the entire team, and all the fans are in limbo because the freaking NCAA can't make a decision. I bet sometime mid season (after Ronnell has been held out for multiple weeks) the NCAA will come out and say he is eligible. The season is one week away, they need to make a ruling soon so the coaches can plan accordingly.

budbarrybob
8/25/2011, 07:33 PM

30% he plays 85% he doesn't

madillsoonerfan5353
8/26/2011, 07:44 AM
The NCAA just pisses me off. I feel like this has been dragged out for way too long already. It is not as though there is a huge investigation to do here... declare him eligible or ineligible and let OU move on. As it is Ronnell, the coaches, the entire team, and all the fans are in limbo because the freaking NCAA can't make a decision. I bet sometime mid season (after Ronnell has been held out for multiple weeks) the NCAA will come out and say he is eligible. The season is one week away, they need to make a ruling soon so the coaches can plan accordingly.

I agree that the NCAA is dragging their feet and I don't the whole story, but it is Ronnell's fault that he is in this position. I know when I was in school there was tutors everywhere and I was in a small school and not on scholarship to be "The Hammer".

:gary:

LASooner
8/28/2011, 01:58 AM
And yet interestingly, they cleared all those players, implicated in the Miami scandal, who transferred to other schools, almost immediately.
What gives with that?

Sooner Eclipse
8/28/2011, 02:11 AM
And yet interestingly, they cleared all those players, implicated in the Miami scandal, who transferred to other schools, almost immediately.
What gives with that?
They are being given immunity to testify against UM. Ronnell has no one to rat out.

hawaii 5-0
8/28/2011, 01:34 PM
Gosh, I hope a decision is made before gametime.

5-0

JLEW1818
8/28/2011, 04:12 PM
from what i hear a decision will be made at halftime, right afer the Tulsa band plays.

picasso
8/28/2011, 06:23 PM
I hope he is eligible... But these are stats of a player who is proven??? Define proven?

2010SEASON Stats
TOT SOLO AST SACK FF INT YDS AVG LNG TD PD
38 24 14 3.5 0 1 12 12 12 1 0

Fart!

I'm sorry. Density is an obvious problem.

Were you 12 the last time we went undefeated? In case you've forgotten, we need all of our best players and play makers on the field in order to have a special season. If you don't think Ronnell fits into that category then you know absolutely nothing about football.

CBUS_SOONER
8/28/2011, 06:51 PM
I'm sorry. Density is an obvious problem.

Were you 12 the last time we went undefeated? In case you've forgotten, we need all of our best players and play makers on the field in order to have a special season. If you don't think Ronnell fits into that category then you know absolutely nothing about football.

I love when people have to attempt to insult others because they don't agree. Talk about being twelve Picasso... All I said is people are getting all worked up about a guy who quite honestly hasn't done a whole lot on the field (or obviously in the classroom). It would be great if we had him and I really hope he is eligible... But if he isn't, we will win championships without him... Really, how hard is it to make the f ing grade??? Have a nice evening

oudivesherpa
8/28/2011, 07:57 PM
In 2000 the last time we won the BCS Championship, I was over 40 and therfore a "Man." However, the year we won the BCS we had NO significant injuiries. It IS very important to have everyone healthy to win.

BoulderSooner79
8/28/2011, 08:10 PM
In 2000 the last time we won the BCS Championship, I was over 40 and therfore a "Man." However, the year we won the BCS we had NO significant injuiries. It IS very important to have everyone healthy to win.

This is true. However our need will not put Lewis on the field - the NCAA seems fairly indifferent to that fact.

BoomerJ
8/28/2011, 08:33 PM
So, what exactly is it that the NCAA is looking at on Ronnell, his gpa after summer classes or something else?

JLEW1818
8/28/2011, 08:43 PM
the said Ronnell might be in with the Miami peoples

bssooner1
8/28/2011, 09:13 PM
Any news? What is this business about being with the Miami crew? He is a small town kid so I doubt that has any truth. I have been out of town a few days and just hoping to here he is playing...anyone in the "know" know?

picasso
8/28/2011, 09:38 PM
I love when people have to attempt to insult others because they don't agree. Talk about being twelve Picasso... All I said is people are getting all worked up about a guy who quite honestly hasn't done a whole lot on the field (or obviously in the classroom). It would be great if we had him and I really hope he is eligible... But if he isn't, we will win championships without him... Really, how hard is it to make the f ing grade??? Have a nice evening
I agree on the grades, but you're in the minority if you think that it won't hurt not having Ronnell. You started that silliness my man.

CBUS_SOONER
8/29/2011, 06:39 AM
never said it wouldn't hurt... Just said some peeps need to relax... Seems that more people are concerned about losing ronnell than travis imho...There has to be more to the story than grades... It shouldn't take this long to see if he is academically eligible wtf

rekamrettuB
8/29/2011, 10:17 AM
He's listed to start on the updated depth chart. I guess that's good news but you never know with Bobby Stoops.

GameWarden
8/29/2011, 10:46 AM
I'm not 'in the know', but this is what I've read. Because of a bad grade Ronnell got in a class last spring, the NCAA must decide if Ronnell is making satisfactory progress towards a degree. Not all of his classes count toward his degree. Some are make-up.
Ronnell is an unbelievable physical specimen but the learning curve has been a little steep for him. Thus the lack of world beating stats. If he's not here we will miss his athletic ability. However David King is also very athletic and has some experience.
The Coaches obviously think a lot of Ronnell or they would not be sticking with him through all this mess. Last I heard Stoops was still saying Ronnell is their guy. Personally, I'm pulling for him too.
Losing him doesn't hurt nearly as bad as losing Travis. Travis could be playing in the NFL this year. Losing that experience is brutal.

70sooner
8/29/2011, 10:49 AM
dunno. but from I've read it isn't a grade issue with RL, but a personal issue, whatever that means....would like to see it all resolved, whatever it is. I'd hate for the issue to become a distraction.

I'm not 'in the know', but this is what I've read. Because of a bad grade Ronnell got in a class last spring, the NCAA must decide if Ronnell is making satisfactory progress towards a degree. Not all of his classes count toward his degree. Some are make-up.

had not seen that, so who knows...

85sooners
9/18/2011, 08:43 PM
HAHAHA!!!!So Dusty said he looks good in practice he must be great... I got ya!!! When did you start playing sports? Not saying he is bad or anything... Just a lot of hype for a player that has had a couple nice hits on special teams.:distress::distress::distress::distress:

picasso
9/18/2011, 09:37 PM
Oh snap.