PDA

View Full Version : to solve the a&m fiasco

unbiasedtruth
8/15/2011, 03:57 PM
we know Beebe doesnt have the gonads to do this, not only for the Big XII but for all of college sports.... the 9 other Presidents and ADs need to meet/vote on booting A&M out of the conference immediately. Let them sit out a whole year with very little sports being played at their school.

I know the other 9 schools will lose a conference game and money. it could make that up by splitting A&M'sTV money among the remaining schools with the home dates, like OU, receiving more than the away dates, like the teasips....

once the other schools see what this conference did to A&M by jack-booting their whiny butt onto a saber I dont think to many other schools would be crowing too much about joining other conferences.

SoonerMom2
8/15/2011, 04:41 PM
A&M Regents gave their President approval this afternoon to move A&M out of the conference per the birdcage Austin paper breaking news email.

unbiasedtruth
8/15/2011, 04:51 PM
all the more reason to give the boot. let them sit a year without sports in a conference, let them play their OOC football and basketball games, same with baseball/softball and other sports. no bowl or post season play for them either, not enough games played make them ineligible.

see how much they cry and say life is unfair after this move.... and how it hits their pocketbook too......

Widescreen
8/15/2011, 05:10 PM
That's silly. It would hurt the other 9 more than it helps them.

brainpimp
8/15/2011, 05:13 PM
Silly is too nice a word. Plus have you ever read a contract? Please show me where the other AD's even have the ability to kick a member out.

Please stop just throwing poop up in the air and hoping it hits something.

Sooner_Tuf
8/15/2011, 05:16 PM
If I were going to kick a school out it would be UT. They are the troublemakers. aTm are just the whiny beyotchs.

rainiersooner
8/15/2011, 07:40 PM
The only people who would agree to that course of conduct would be the lawyers who would generate "generational wealth" from the legal fees that would result from that.

Nice sentiment; not going to happen though.

AlbqSooner
8/15/2011, 07:44 PM
aTm will end up paying something like $30 million for the privilege of bolting early.

In the range of 3.3 mill for each of the remaining 9 teams. Let them withdraw, grab the money and see if the SEC offers.

PLaw
8/15/2011, 09:07 PM
we know Beebe doesnt have the gonads to do this, not only for the Big XII but for all of college sports.... the 9 other Presidents and ADs need to meet/vote on booting A&M out of the conference immediately. Let them sit out a whole year with very little sports being played at their school.

I know the other 9 schools will lose a conference game and money. it could make that up by splitting A&M'sTV money among the remaining schools with the home dates, like OU, receiving more than the away dates, like the teasips....

once the other schools see what this conference did to A&M by jack-booting their whiny butt onto a saber I dont think to many other schools would be crowing too much about joining other conferences.

No, here is what should have happened last year - before NU and CU decided to leave and TAMU and UM sought to leave. Eleven schools should have convened and voted to excommunicate Texas from the league, insured that all member institutions received equal monetary compensation, started a Big XII network, and invited Notre Dame or BYU to join the conference.

Texas would have gotten what they wanted (independence), but not their cake (the conference).

BOOMER

bluedogok
8/15/2011, 10:07 PM
Texas would have gotten what they wanted (independence), but not their cake (the conference).
Texas doesn't want independence, they just want their own kingdom.

LASooner
8/16/2011, 12:58 AM
So with all the talk of approaching Notre Dame and BYU when we thought A&M was leaving, why not approach them now? Proactively try to strengthen the league brand, and let the world know we do know how to count. The worst they can say is 'no' and we all know that at least 2 of our members are used to hearing No.

It also makes adding Houston later if we need to a little easier to stomach.

ouflak
8/16/2011, 02:06 AM
Nobody will do anything that cost themselves money. And A&M is only looking out for themselves in a business sense. Any of us would be looking to do the same and UT is glaringly doing the same (I've got no problem with this, as long as I keep in mind that it's all just business).