PDA

View Full Version : Which is more embarrassing?

soonerfromgeorgia
8/15/2011, 06:55 AM
Texas A&M being turned down by the SEC because they don't want to expand right now?

or

OU being turned down by the Big Ten because the Sooners don't meet their academic standards?

cleller
8/15/2011, 07:01 AM
Being an aggie of any ilk.

oudavid1
8/15/2011, 07:02 AM
the second one for sure.

C&CDean
8/15/2011, 07:04 AM
Texas A&M being turned down by the SEC because they don't want to expand right now?

or

OU being turned down by the Big Ten because the Sooners don't meet their academic standards?

You being a dickmunch?

sappstuf
8/15/2011, 07:07 AM
http://www.oz8.org/gallery/albums/album19/i_like_where_this_thread_is_going_again.jpg

silverwheels
8/15/2011, 07:14 AM
Neither of those things happened. A&M hasn't technically applied for SEC membership yet, and we haven't applied for B1G membership, either, and I doubt we ever do.

SoonerAtKU
8/15/2011, 07:16 AM
I think he's still upset that we didn't all fawn over that recruit that he mentioned a while back. He's lashing out now. It'll be better after he has his nap.

mgsooner
8/15/2011, 07:17 AM
ATTENTION FRONT OFFICE MORONS: Texas A&M has not been "turned down" by the SEC. Thank you.

silverwheels
8/15/2011, 07:18 AM

Also, this is the correct answer.

jk the sooner fan
8/15/2011, 07:27 AM
ATTENTION FRONT OFFICE MORONS: Texas A&M has not been "turned down" by the SEC. Thank you.

while this may be technically true - i'd say that the posturing done by a&m towards the sec may lead one to infer what their intentions were/are

i dont believe OU ever lobbied/desired to join the big 10.....OU isnt a member of that AAU deal and all the other Big 10 schools are

Sooner in Tampa
8/15/2011, 07:30 AM
+1

badger
8/15/2011, 07:48 AM
It's Aggie. There's plenty of material to work with.

After Aggie says stupid things like "Mobilehoma and meth heads," they're out of material.

If you're not making fun of their lack of cheerleaders, you're making fun of their lack of football winning in games that matter. If you're not making fun of the Corps, you're making fun of the Corps' highest ranking official, a DOG. If you're not making fun of their tendency to wear overalls and act all farmer, you're making fun of their all-male hospital orderly cheerleader pep squad "yell leaders."

Sooner Cal
8/15/2011, 07:51 AM
ESPN and most of you guys need to understand how things work. First, the media gets worked all the time and this is but one example. On something as involved as an A&M move to the SEC, both had to float the idea publicly to draw the opponents out. They use the media to do that. But they do it in a way that everyone always has a way to save face. Second, after the reaction they deny that anything is decided, but note that the process is on-going and they don't rule anything out. This buys time to fight the battles (legislature, potential suits, etc) Third, this gives the other parties time to address contingency plans which makes it easier on them. It also gives fans a chance to cool down. Fourth, the deal gets done.

This is following the formula. I'd put the odds at 10 to 1 that A&M will join the SEC.

XingTheRubicon
8/15/2011, 07:55 AM

or

apparently you are... for not knowing wtf you are talking about

NormanPride
8/15/2011, 08:58 AM
Where the hell did the second one come from? Can we ban this troll yet?

mgsooner
8/15/2011, 08:59 AM
"soonerfromgeorgia" = aggie from idabel

sooneron
8/15/2011, 09:10 AM
= reh tard.

Dio
8/15/2011, 09:21 AM
Greggggg Doyel tweeted it over the weekend. The same guy who said OKC would never get an NBA team...

Big D Sooner
8/15/2011, 09:29 AM
I went to OU as an undergrad. We traditionally are not great from the academics standpoint, but I think that is changing. Boren has done an amazing job bringing in well regarded profs and has enhanced the honors college,as well as the schools of journalism, meteorology, architecture, and business. He has also increased research and started a new research campus. We are on an upward trend, so as I see it, the Big 10s is being short sighted with this whole AAU thing.

sooner518
8/15/2011, 09:40 AM
i dont believe OU ever lobbied/desired to join the big 10.....OU isnt a member of that AAU deal and all the other Big 10 schools are

Nebraska was when they joined last year, but they got their AAU distinction taken away pretty recently.

PLaw
8/15/2011, 09:54 AM
ESPN and most of you guys need to understand how things work. First, the media gets worked all the time and this is but one example. On something as involved as an A&M move to the SEC, both had to float the idea publicly to draw the opponents out. They use the media to do that. But they do it in a way that everyone always has a way to save face. Second, after the reaction they deny that anything is decided, but note that the process is on-going and they don't rule anything out. This buys time to fight the battles (legislature, potential suits, etc) Third, this gives the other parties time to address contingency plans which makes it easier on them. It also gives fans a chance to cool down. Fourth, the deal gets done.

This is following the formula. I'd put the odds at 10 to 1 that A&M will join the SEC.

Spot on.

There are several legal hurdles that cannot get worked out over a weekend that will need to be complete before this deal gets done. TAMU needs to petition to formally withdraw from the Big 12 or the SEC could face litigation from the Big 12.

The Texas legislature will need to weigh-in and I believe that meeting has been scheduled for Tuesday.

TAMU understands that a conference where revenues are not equally divided and other considerations (TLN) provide an unlevel playing field will not work.

My odds are 3:1 that this deal gets done before the end of the year.

BOOMER

silverwheels
8/15/2011, 09:57 AM
I think most people not named soonerfromgeorgia understand that the A&M/SEC deal is far from over and is on the back burner while the kinks get worked out.

rekamrettuB
8/15/2011, 10:23 AM

or

not being courted by any conference and thinking if team A leaves you might have to knock on the MAC's door

B

cccasooner2
8/15/2011, 12:45 PM
I think he's still upset that we didn't all fawn over that recruit that he mentioned a while back. He's lashing out now. It'll be better after he has his nap.

Yeah, his boy fell off his scooter yesterday and injured his shoulder. Now that's embarrassing.

King Barry's Back
8/16/2011, 08:55 AM

Thanks Cal. I've never seen the whole process just laid out so nicely anywhere else. Though I think you probably need to repost this every 2-3 days until realignment has happened.

Sooner_Tuf
8/16/2011, 05:06 PM

or

Neither, anything orange is much more embarrassing.

fwsooner22
8/16/2011, 05:20 PM

or

Or You just being an absolute idiot. Bet your parents are so proud.

fwsooner22
8/16/2011, 05:23 PM
No Conference will ever define the University of Oklahoma. The University of Oklahoma defines itself.

IlliniJ
8/23/2011, 02:50 AM
I would LOVE to have you guys as part of the B10. Having lived in OKC for several years and having gained a huge amount of respect for OU and its fans, it almost seems like sacrilege for you guys to have to play in such crap venues and be in such a nationally irrelevant conference.

As OU's academic reputation continues to shoot up, I think that you are starting to fit in far more with the B10 than in the Univ of Texas and their whipping boys conference. OU should be playing games at 100000+ seat stadiums with other powerhouses (Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin, etc, etc, etc) rather than playing 2nd rate institutions with horrible gameday atmospheres.

ouleaf
8/23/2011, 09:37 AM

or

This is a trick question....The correct answer is stupid Al Davis wasting a 3rd round pick on Terrelle Pryor.

OU_Sooners75
8/23/2011, 11:24 AM

or

OK...so Nebraska meets the Big 10 academic standards, yet OU doesnt?

That is almost laughable...actually it is laughable!

In the US News top National Colleges, Nebraska ranks #104. OU ranks #111.

As per Forbes, Nebraska ranks #442, OU ranks #308.

Anyone that thinks OU does not meet the academic standards of the Big 10, while Nebraska does, are just not paying attention.

POBR25
8/23/2011, 12:03 PM
I've gone to a Big 10 school (Minnesota) for the last two years and I also went to OU for a year...OU is a lot harder.