PDA

View Full Version : A&M is just a blip on Sooners history...

Soonerus
8/13/2011, 11:00 PM
No real rivalry, always thought they were weird, such a huge Horn chip on their shoulders...no real loss in my mind...

JLEW1818
8/13/2011, 11:01 PM
yah. Kyle Field was always interesting. sucks i won't get to go to those games anymore (living in Houston)

**** off aggie

Soonerus
8/13/2011, 11:08 PM
I found their cheer squads embarrassing to be associated with...

olevetonahill
8/13/2011, 11:31 PM
Whats gonna be funny as hell is when the SEC tells em to **** off dip ****s.:D

Sooner_Tuf
8/14/2011, 12:26 AM
It sounds like there's a chance they might not be going. Another embarrassing chapter of what it is like to be an Aggie.

Soonerus
8/14/2011, 12:50 AM
I have no idea why the SEC would even want them, second tier Big XII team....

silverwheels
8/14/2011, 12:59 AM

Houston market, solid overall athletics program (#8 in the Director's Cup last year), and it gives the SEC better access to recruiting in East Texas.

LVSOONER15
8/14/2011, 01:00 AM

Exactly what I was thinking. It would actually help out the sec to recruit in the Houston area.

Soonerus
8/14/2011, 01:01 AM
But they are some of the weirdest people on earth....

silverwheels
8/14/2011, 01:02 AM
But they are some of the weirdest people on earth....

So are most SEC fans.

Sooner_Tuf
8/14/2011, 01:58 AM
Aggies don't really fit in with other people. So that won't be any different for them no matter where they go.

sooner59
8/14/2011, 02:32 AM
They will now be to LSU what Auburn is to Bama...except for the winning games in the SEC part.

OUHOMER
8/14/2011, 07:46 AM
yep, its not about football, its about money

OrlandoSooner
8/14/2011, 08:47 AM
We will always have 77-0.

lexred
8/14/2011, 09:37 AM
If the SEC is smart they will tell the Aggies to go pound sand. Evidently, the Aggies are pursuing the SEC not vise versa. Other then the "hitler youth" yell squad and goose stepping band, the Aggies bring nothing to the SEC table. Other than the occasional upset of OU or Texas, they have never been any sort of football powerhouse in the Big 12 and were even spotty in the old SWC.

With todays widsspread media coverage of all aspects of college football I don't see that having the Aggies in the SEC would suddenly open up new frontiers for SEC recruitng in Texas. They put full course presses on the Texas Blue chips already.

madillsoonerfan5353
8/14/2011, 09:48 AM
Just scrolled across the bottom of CBS sport that Dodd with SI is reporting that the move could be official come Monday?
:gary:

OrlandoSooner
8/14/2011, 09:51 AM
If the SEC is smart they will tell the Aggies to go pound sand. Evidently, the Aggies are pursuing the SEC not vise versa. Other then the "hitler youth" yell squad and goose stepping band, the Aggies bring nothing to the SEC table. Other than the occasional upset of OU or Texas, they have never been any sort of football powerhouse in the Big 12 and were even spotty in the old SWC.

With todays widsspread media coverage of all aspects of college football I don't see that having the Aggies in the SEC would suddenly open up new frontiers for SEC recruitng in Texas. They put full course presses on the Texas Blue chips already.

Football success is not the #1 priority in these recent moves. It is all about the Benjamins (TV $$). Football, academics, geography, culture fit are only secondary items.

phislammajamma
8/14/2011, 09:54 AM
We will always have 77-0.

and jolly celebrating aTm's goal line stand at the end of the game...

trwxxa
8/14/2011, 10:01 AM

Gotta disagree here. In the recruiting world, these 17 year old kids have a small historical window. They choose OU because they know OU always wins. Same for Texas. Same for the SEC (last 5 BCS champs.). That is what these kids want to align with.

The SEC will be all over Texas recruiting. They cherry pick now, but when they can go into a recruits home and tell momma they can watch their kid on TV each week, including the 11am starts, and get to a game when they play in CS, momma is going to listen.

trwxxa
8/14/2011, 10:07 AM
Football success is not the #1 priority in these recent moves. It is all about the Benjamins (TV $$). Football, academics, geography, culture fit are only secondary items.

The numbers being thrown about is aTm's, and ALL SEC schools, estimated guarantee with the renegotiated contracts to add in the Texas markets will be $24 million. All SEC schools received a little over $18 million last year. That ain't chump change.

soonerdo
8/14/2011, 06:33 PM
SEC teams would hurt OU big time in texas recruiting wise...