PDA

View Full Version : whornfans sucking up to us

JLEW1818
8/13/2011, 09:42 PM
http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=6389570&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

:D

JLEW1818
8/13/2011, 09:42 PM
5-7

will do that to you

SoonerofAlabama
8/13/2011, 09:49 PM
Most say they have respect, about three have said "F em, they suck." a few times.

JLEW1818
8/13/2011, 09:53 PM
they know how we do

BajaOklahoma
8/13/2011, 10:22 PM
Don't trust them.

WE ARE dirtburglars
8/13/2011, 10:49 PM
I have much more respect for the ones who said "f 'em." No tshirt fans there, thats real hate that has taken years to build up. Gotta love a true fan, through and through.

GKeeper316
8/13/2011, 10:51 PM
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee309/GKeeper316/itsatrap.jpg

Soonerus
8/13/2011, 11:15 PM
Horns are a worthy opponent, A&M is not...

Sooner_Tuf
8/14/2011, 12:27 AM
They are both from Texas, f**k 'em.

LASooner
8/14/2011, 03:47 AM
I've clearly landed in some bizarro alternate universe.

Seamus
8/14/2011, 04:32 AM
http://www.lethalwrestling.com/le/csme/jackass/Retard.jpg

Soonermagik
8/14/2011, 07:02 AM
We may be enemies on the field, but we should be allies on a new conference.

madillsoonerfan5353
8/14/2011, 10:15 AM
My vote is to go independent!
:gary:

oudavid1
8/14/2011, 06:43 PM
Its a love hate relationship.

Wishboned
8/14/2011, 07:05 PM
**** the ones that don't like us.

And **** the ones that do like us.

They're Horns.

Tear Down This Wall
8/14/2011, 07:14 PM
5-7

will do that to you

What will do that is realizing that one of your only interesting annual games is about to be lost, and you could lose your other one as well...and, you've got all of the airtime to fill, then, with what?

Here's the other reason I wish we'd just leave the Big 12 and Texas - they'd have a big bag of nothing in the way of games for their stupid network.

As it is, the network is a big bag of nothing. But, without us and A&M, who the hell would they talk about? Upcoming games against Baylor? Tech?

We have a major opportunity to stick it to a rival off the field and we are walking away from it. They need us, we don't need them. We were fine before the Big 12, and we'd be fine after it.

LET TEXAS GO HANG!

delhalew
8/14/2011, 08:06 PM
What will do that is realizing that one of your only interesting annual games is about to be lost, and you could lose your other one as well...and, you've got all of the airtime to fill, then, with what?

Here's the other reason I wish we'd just leave the Big 12 and Texas - they'd have a big bag of nothing in the way of games for their stupid network.

As it is, the network is a big bag of nothing. But, without us and A&M, who the hell would they talk about? Upcoming games against Baylor? Tech?

We have a major opportunity to stick it to a rival off the field and we are walking away from it. They need us, we don't need them. We were fine before the Big 12, and we'd be fine after it.

LET TEXAS GO HANG!

What about those rivalries with Rice and UTEP?

badger
8/14/2011, 09:28 PM
Its a love hate relationship.

Love that they are usually a legit team to have a rivalry and constant meeting with, hate the team when we play them that once or twice during a sports season.

A&M is so irrelevant that they need SEC speculation to get people to talk about them.

Oooo, we won the Big 12 South last year! ...sort of. :rcmad:

ouwasp
8/14/2011, 10:34 PM
I've hoped :mack: goes 1-11 for awhile now (beat [hairGel] )...

Now maybe I'll root for those :texan: to beat :rcmad: as well. 2-10 would be okay with me. They've earned it. :)

the-rover
8/14/2011, 11:59 PM
whornfans sucking..............

enough said

cleller
8/15/2011, 07:09 AM
A psychoanalyst would have a field day with the author of that post.

He's obviously either a cross dresser or closet GI Joe collector.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/15/2011, 08:56 AM

LET TEXAS GO HANG!

Whether OU is in the same conference with texass or not, we're going to continue to play them every year.

sooneron
8/15/2011, 09:13 AM
They can even argue and do often that they are the better one, historically. The argument loses, but at least we are forced to point out the obvious.

Srsly? Maybe this dickmunch should be directed towards number of titles, both conference and national.

3rdgensooner
8/15/2011, 09:35 AM
Srsly? Maybe this dickmunch should be directed towards number of titles, both conference and national.I'm sure he would throw out the series record as his argument.

SoonerAtKU
8/15/2011, 10:05 AM

LET TEXAS GO HANG!

If...if we stop playing them, then won't they cease to be rivals?

WE ARE dirtburglars
8/15/2011, 10:16 AM

LET TEXAS GO HANG!

We need the Texas game every year just as badly as they need the game with us. It would really screw with our recruiting in Texas is we didnt play a game with them in Dallas every year. I agree with everything else you said, but we CANNOT afford to lose the game with them.

Tear Down This Wall
8/15/2011, 10:23 AM
Whether OU is in the same conference with texass or not, we're going to continue to play them every year.

I never said we weren't going to play them. But, we had plenty of success in conference s without them.

If we and A&M leave, they may try to cobble some crappy SWC-like conference together of schools they can bully. But, will anyone really care? No one gave a crap about Texas-Houston back then. Why would they care now?

Few people care about them now as it is. The only reason their games against us and A&M are interesting is that they are conference games. In fact, Texas should be happy about us and A&M because then us beating them wouldn't hurt their chances of winning conference titles.

In short, Texas would have no other team to choke on - except Texas Tech on occasion. Yes, that's how bad Texas sucks.

Here's the other thing: We've got nothing left to prove here. The Big 12, we've dominated it like we did the Big 8.

Let's break away from these losers (Baylor), pretenders (Texas, Texas Tech), hangers ons (all others in the conference not named OU), and get to a stable conference.

It's not thrilling to me that a game with at least some pop - A&M - could be replaced with Houston or Air Force or TCU or Colorado State or BYU or some other who-really-gives-a-damn program. If those school were worth a crap, someone would have taken them in the first time around.

So, that is what we'd hang around for? And, to get less money than Texas, having DeLoss Dodds call the shots year after year? Why do we put up with this crap?

The SEC has better athletics, and we could get in with a phone call. As secretly as they are making the A&M deal, they be up on a mountain top trumpeting our arrival.

But...we seem to be content with our dying hell hole.

Tear Down This Wall
8/15/2011, 10:28 AM
We need the Texas game every year just as badly as they need the game with us. It would really screw with our recruiting in Texas is we didnt play a game with them in Dallas every year. I agree with everything else you said, but we CANNOT afford to lose the game with them.

And, with Texas A&M on the way out the door they need our game a whole hell of a lot more than we do. So, let's twist them in it.

If we were in the SEC, having the likes of LSU, Alabama, and Florida to play week in and week out, we could take or leave a Texas game.

I'd just a soon we take it, but I'd also rather have the leverage to hang it over them and get things done on our terms for a change. To start, shut your crying pie-holes and give us our traditional end of the Cotton Bowl back if you want to keep the only game left that anyone outside of Texas or Oklahoma might be remotely interested in watching.

As long as we stay in this crappy conference, we'll always be having to react to what DeLoss Dodds says it's going to do. We've got more power than half-as*sed Baylor, Tech, and the rest of them. We can and should get away from them before we're dragged off into Pac-12 hell or worse.

If Texas A&M can look forward, we damn sure should be able to do so as well.

OhU1
8/15/2011, 10:47 AM
I can see some at Texas who would not mind being left with no OU or A&M game and having a bunch of New Mexico State, Rice, and North Texas teams to bully.

That would allow the fans to relax, sip tea, and socialize at the game more as well as brag and gloat about being undefeated and ranked highly. Kind of like our 1992 Dream team beating Upper Volta in basketball.

This kind of schedule would also fit better with Mack Brown's philosophy that players should not "hit real hard" and the Longhorn players mom's would not have to fret as much about their boys getting hurt.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
8/15/2011, 01:44 PM
Its a love-to- hate relationship.

Fixed^^^

FirstandGoal
8/15/2011, 03:46 PM
**** Texas

FirstandGoal
8/15/2011, 03:47 PM
:confused: :confused:

So when did * go from * to Texas???

I guess its been a while since I posted here. :O