JLEW1818
8/13/2011, 06:31 PM
tell me about it?

Sooner_Tuf
8/13/2011, 06:33 PM
It just works.

soonerhubs
8/13/2011, 06:34 PM
I hear it's by Apple (not the one that was with the Beatles).

C&CDean
8/13/2011, 07:04 PM
I just bought momma one this afternoon. I love mine, the battery lasts ~4 days (of course I don't use it exclusively for my computer like some folks do), and it's very user friendly. Unlike the POS droid I bought with Sprint.

The American judge gives it a solid 4.5 outta 5.

Boomer.....
8/13/2011, 07:12 PM
Wait until Sept or Oct for the iPhone 5.

achiro
8/13/2011, 07:13 PM
Iphone 5 rumored to be released next month Channel 4 news said something about the week of the 5th.

C&CDean
8/13/2011, 07:18 PM
I was at the AT&T store today. They said Apple hasn't actually announced anything yet in terms of the 5, and they also said "if Apple isn't saying it, it isn't so." Either way, why get one (unless it's cheap) since it's still gonna be a 4G, and we don't even have 4G in OK yet anyhow.

JLEW1818
8/13/2011, 07:18 PM
wonder how much they will charge with extension?

C&CDean
8/13/2011, 07:19 PM
Well considering an iPhone 4 retails for about $750 ($199 with a "plan") I'm thinking around a G?

JLEW1818
8/13/2011, 07:21 PM
yah, just got a blackberry through work, which is paid for. mostly for work email, we can use as personal if we want to. but i'd rather have another phone too. I currently have an iphone 3g, for the last 2 years. i can upgrade now to the iPhone 4 for 200 bucks.

i thought about downgrading phones, but you are still gonna pay a good 70 bucks with minutes and texting on any phone. right now i have unlimited minutes and texting for 109 a month with tax, iPhone.

silverwheels
8/13/2011, 07:26 PM
If your 3Gs is still chugging along at this point, I might just wait for the 5. Surely it will be out by next Summer. I picked up the 4 about a year ago, so it should tide me over for at least another year.

JLEW1818
8/13/2011, 07:28 PM
i love the iPhone, period. however, the 3g i have is becoming slow .... like slow for everything.. calender, texting, anything. my girl got the 3gs like a couple months after i got the 3g (back in fall of 2009)... and her's is still amazingly fast.

i wonder how good the 5 will be.

soonerhubs
8/13/2011, 07:31 PM
i love the iPhone, period. however, the 3g i have is becoming slow .... like slow for everything.. calender, texting, anything. my girl got the 3gs like a couple months after i got the 3g (back in fall of 2009)... and her's is still amazingly fast.

i wonder how good the 5 will be.

We have the 3G phones as well. So SLOW! We're ready for the new ones.

JLEW1818
8/13/2011, 07:33 PM
We have the 3G phones as well. So SLOW! We're ready for the new ones.

you can go to the iPhone 4 right now for 200 bucks with a contract extension.

I'm really thinking about it.

JLEW1818
8/13/2011, 07:36 PM
speaking of that... i have the otter box for my iPhone now... would it still work in the iPhone 4?

soonerhubs
8/13/2011, 07:39 PM
you can go to the iPhone 4 right now for 200 bucks with a contract extension.

I'm really thinking about it.

We have to wait until October for the early upgrade.

SicEmBaylor
8/13/2011, 07:41 PM
The iPhone 5 will almost certainly be released in early-September. They're already behind on their usual iPhone timetable. Do not buy an iPhone 4.

HOWEVER, what you really should do is go Android. I went from an iPhone/iPad to an Optimus Black/Galaxy Tab and I couldn't be happier.

SicEmBaylor
8/13/2011, 07:43 PM
speaking of that... i have the otter box for my iPhone now... would it still work in the iPhone 4?

Probably not, the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3G S were physically identical, but the iPhone 4 is a totally redesigned body.

bluedogok
8/13/2011, 07:46 PM
I doubt it, the case design is different.

I went from a 3G to a Droid Incredible a couple of months before the iPhone came out on Verizon. I got tired of no service at games with AT&T (Norman, Jerryworld, Mile High) so I switched to Verizon. Next year when I can get a new phone I plan on switching to whatever iPhone Verizon has at the time. The Droid is good, I just prefer the iPhone.

JLEW1818
8/13/2011, 08:42 PM
sicem,

what do u think the iPhone 5 will cost with extension?

SicEmBaylor
8/13/2011, 08:45 PM
sicem,

The same exact thing the iPhone 4 currently costs (unless ATT or Verizon is running a deal or something). The good thing about Apple is that they almost always keep the price points the same.

So, if a 16gig iPhone4 costs 199.99 then when the iPhone5 is released a 16gb will also be 199.99.

Typically.

SicEmBaylor
8/13/2011, 08:46 PM
sicem,

The same exact thing the iPhone 4 currently costs (unless ATT or Verizon is running a deal or something). The good thing about Apple is that they almost always keep the price points the same.

So, if a 16gig iPhone4 costs 199.99 then when the iPhone5 is released a 16gb will also be 199.99.

Typically.

They also usually discount the older hardware by at least 100.00 once the new generation is released, so even if the iPhone5 is more then you'll still get a discount on the iPhone 4.

C&CDean
8/13/2011, 08:50 PM
Oh now we've come full circle. People (like sicem) buy phones based on how they look, and how many numbers they have - rather than what they can do with the current technology. PT Barnum's credo is confirmed each and every day...

JLEW1818
8/13/2011, 08:51 PM
:D

Barry's_Scowl
8/13/2011, 09:16 PM
Oh now we've come full circle. People (like sicem) buy phones based on how they look, and how many numbers they have - rather than what they can do with the current technology. PT Barnum's credo is confirmed each and every day...

My wife and I bought iPhone 4s last fall, and had to wait about 25 minutes in line at the AT&T store. The hold up? A woman who went through the entire process of extending her contract and purchasing an iPhone 4, raving the entire time about how excited she was to upgrade from the 3G. After the transaction was complete, she then asked the AT&T rep, "Now what's different on the iPhone 4 from the 3G?"

Facepalm.

JLEW1818
8/13/2011, 09:19 PM
My wife and I bought iPhone 4s last fall, and had to wait about 25 minutes in line at the AT&T store. The hold up? A woman who went through the entire process of extending her contract and purchasing an iPhone 4, raving the entire time about how excited she was to upgrade from the 3G. After the transaction was complete, she then asked the AT&T rep, "Now what's different on the iPhone 4 from the 3G?"

Facepalm.

LOL, good stuff :D

Sooner_Tuf
8/14/2011, 12:40 AM
I would guess the 5 will be incrementally faster than the 4. Just as the 4 is noticeably faster than the 3GS was. The 5 will have the dual core processor that is in the new iPad.

I have had a 4 for over a year and eligible to upgrade now. I'll probably give the 5 enough time to make sure it isn't a loser. I have had every version to date and every one has gotten better. This 5 should be a pretty good upgrade as the chips and processor used will allow for a lot more features.

In fact it looks like you will be able to use the same phone on GSM and CDMA networks. I'm excited about that as I have to switch phones depending on where I am. So no more having to keep track of two phones and keeping them both charged.

I really like my 4 but I wouldn't get a 4 now, not with a new version coming out in a month or so. I always keep my old phone for a backup but when the 5 comes I out I have a brand new 3GS 32GB that I would get rid of if someone wants it.

SoonerofAlabama
8/14/2011, 12:51 AM
eZAAZ7iXN-o&sns=em

StoopTroup
8/14/2011, 06:08 PM
I just bought momma one this afternoon. I love mine, the battery lasts ~4 days (of course I don't use it exclusively for my computer like some folks do), and it's very user friendly. Unlike the POS droid I bought with Sprint.

The American judge gives it a solid 4.5 outta 5.

Same here. The Wife's Birthday is the 22nd and I told her to go check it out and get her one. She came home telling me what this guy at the store was telling her about Android. I explained to her about what everyone I know that has an Android has been through and reminded her of just how long my 3GS has lasted and who in Cellular seems to own the World Market and she came home with a Crimson IPhone4. :D

olevetonahill
8/14/2011, 06:24 PM
I've still got the same old Phone Dean drunkenly knocked in to a Mud hole 4 or 5 years ago.
Werks fer me,

StoopTroup
8/14/2011, 06:31 PM

Plus...when the South Rises again the Musket App is gonna come in handy against the North's AR-15 App.

JLEW1818
8/15/2011, 10:27 AM
3gs is fast enough for me, when i use one.

i wonder how much i can snag a 3gs for

achiro
8/15/2011, 10:41 AM
3gs is fast enough for me, when i use one.

i wonder how much i can snag a 3gs for

ATT was running an ad for $49.00 for them, don't know if they are still doing that. Of course, in 2 weeks when the 5 comes out you could probably get the 4 for that.

bluedogok
8/15/2011, 11:36 AM
ATT was running an ad for $49.00 for them, don't know if they are still doing that. Of course, in 2 weeks when the 5 comes out you could probably get the 4 for that.
I saw an ad at an AT&T store last week that still had it for that.

thecynic
8/15/2011, 12:47 PM
I read last week that the update coming this fall will actually be a 4s (or however you would type that) similar to the upgrade from 3g to 3gs and that the 5 won't be coming until sometime in 2012.

Sooner_Tuf
8/15/2011, 03:56 PM
I read last week that the update coming this fall will actually be a 4s (or however you would type that) similar to the upgrade from 3g to 3gs and that the 5 won't be coming until sometime in 2012.

Apple has already shot down that rumor. The 5 will be the next phone and will be a ground up new phone.

OUMallen
8/15/2011, 04:44 PM
I really like my 4 but I wouldn't get a 4 now, not with a new version coming out in a month or so.

Yeah, and if you WANT a 4 (which is awesome) and want to save some money, just wait until the 5 comes out and get a 4.

achiro
8/15/2011, 04:47 PM
Nothing has been confirmed by apple on the 5 but the strongest rumors say dual processor(like the ipad2), bigger screen(no home button), better camera, and thinner than the 4.
Honestly, unless someone just has to have a phone right now, I would wait a couple of weeks to see.

soonerbrat
8/15/2011, 05:13 PM

no.

neither will the car charger...at least mine didn't.

49r
8/15/2011, 05:20 PM
Nothing has been confirmed by apple on the 5 but the strongest rumors say dual processor(like the ipad2), bigger screen(no home button), better camera, and thinner than the 4.
Honestly, unless someone just has to have a phone right now, I would wait a couple of weeks to see.

Also, the strongest rumors indicate the iPhone 5 will NOT be 4G LTE as some may hope. It most likely will still be a 3G phone. Besides, 4G is simply marketing hype right now anyway...the speed isn't any different (from what I hear) from 3G. IOW, the true 4G (25Mbps+) is still years away.