PDA

View Full Version : Scrimmage Today

SoonerGibb7
8/13/2011, 12:57 PM
Does anybody have news on the Scrimmage OU had this morning?

Widescreen
8/13/2011, 12:58 PM
Who cares? aTm is moving to the SEC!!!1!!!!!!!

;)

stoopified
8/15/2011, 09:27 AM
Football? On the Laugh at aTm Forum? Surely you jest.

sooner518
8/15/2011, 09:51 AM
i heard we won.

silverwheels
8/15/2011, 10:02 AM
I heard we lost.

BoomerJ
8/15/2011, 11:22 AM
Carey Murdock said on the radio this morning that Jonathan Miller suffered a slight concussion this past week and was held out of this weekends scrimmage. That stinks for him, because with a tight RB race, he needs all the reps he can get. I had a feeling that he might get the starting spot, but who knows. Carey said that Calhoun had the best outing during the scrimmage according to everyone he spoke with. Looking at Soonersports.com clips from this morning Clay was doing a pretty darn good job at blitz pick up. Miller wasn't in that clip. I'll predict it will either be Clay or Miller showing to be the better all-around back and winning the starting role. Will be interesting to watch this year.

Quik Sand
8/15/2011, 11:38 AM
Carey Murdock said on the radio this morning that Jonathan Miller suffered a slight concussion this past week and was held out of this weekends scrimmage. That stinks for him, because with a tight RB race, he needs all the reps he can get. I had a feeling that he might get the starting spot, but who knows. Carey said that Calhoun had the best outing during the scrimmage according to everyone he spoke with. Looking at Soonersports.com clips from this morning Clay was doing a pretty darn good job at blitz pick up. Miller wasn't in that clip. I'll predict it will either be Clay or Miller showing to be the better all-around back and winning the starting role. Will be interesting to watch this year.Starting over Finch? I would doubt that....but Finch will not be required to be a 25 carry back anyway.

silverwheels
8/15/2011, 11:41 AM
It's still going to be running back by committee, unless someone steps up and proves he deserves most of the carries. So the starter doesn't really matter right now.

UTisLousy
8/15/2011, 11:49 AM
If Calhoun's knee is good, and he's learned to take care of the ball, I'd love to see him start. The guy is a beast and can pickup those 3rd and shorts, and be great in goaline situations.

I'm tired of having to throw the ball in short yardage situations and goaline. It hurt us bad in the national title game against UF and against A&M last year. We need a big back to carry the load in the red zone.

gaylordfan1
8/15/2011, 11:58 AM
If Calhoun's knee is good, and he's learned to take care of the ball, I'd love to see him start. The guy is a beast and can pickup those 3rd and shorts, and be great in goaline situations.

I'm tired of having to throw the ball in short yardage situations and goaline. It hurt us bad in the national title game against UF and against A&M last year. We need a big back to carry the load in the red zone.

We do.... #33! :D

Neath a Western Sky
8/15/2011, 11:59 AM

Well said. Would be inspiring to have Jermie finally succeed, with all the adversity he has faced.

pappy
8/15/2011, 12:21 PM
http://newsok.com/oklahoma-running-back-competition-wide-open/article/3594096?custom_click=lead_story_title

Based on this article sounds like its between Finch, Clay and Williams.

UTisLousy
8/15/2011, 12:26 PM
Gaylordfan1 I love Millard! and agree that he often does get the job done in short yardage. I just don't think he's the permanent answer. I'd much rather have him plow the way for a running back instead, then when we want to add a wrinkle in the offense, we can use him as a ball carrier or even throw it to him in the flats. Surprise them!

What happens when teams start stacking the box? Are we going to be forced into throwing the ball? Do we have to add another receiver to somewhat negate the numbers disadvantage for losing the running back and QB out of the play? I personally think we should lineup Millard and Calhoun in the backfield, then just pound Calhoun down their throats.

swardboy
8/15/2011, 01:02 PM
No.

TexasSoonerdad
8/15/2011, 04:17 PM
Gaylordfan1 I love Millard! and agree that he often does get the job done in short yardage. I just don't think he's the permanent answer. I'd much rather have him plow the way for a running back instead, then when we want to add a wrinkle in the offense, we can use him as a ball carrier or even throw it to him in the flats. Surprise them!

What happens when teams start stacking the box? Are we going to be forced into throwing the ball? Do we have to add another receiver to somewhat negate the numbers disadvantage for losing the running back and QB out of the play? I personally think we should lineup Millard and Calhoun in the backfield, then just pound Calhoun down their throats.

Sounds like a plan to me.