PDA

View Full Version : So Gundy's getting sued for reportedly firing a guy wearing an OU shirt

badger
8/12/2011, 12:13 PM
Linky (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=440&articleid=20110812_440_0_STILLW890295)

Just thought I'd bring some humor to your Friday. Yes, this is an actual lawsuit and not a link to a Rick Rolling thingie.

BoulderSooner79
8/12/2011, 12:16 PM
That will keep him popular with the poke fans.

SoonerPride
8/12/2011, 12:20 PM
He should have said "I borrowed the shirt from your brother."

Flagstaffsooner
8/12/2011, 12:25 PM
What the hell? Stoops' garbage men wear orange.

olevetonahill
8/12/2011, 12:27 PM
Heh, When i was running my shop There were several times that peeps tried to come in wearing OsU or saxet crap. I made em take that **** off or leave , their choice.:cool:

Canyonero
8/12/2011, 12:29 PM
Don't fire me, bro.

goingoneight
8/12/2011, 12:32 PM
I've heard this story at least 41-47 times before. :eddie:

Aries
8/12/2011, 12:33 PM
Just makes me want to be extra sure that if I ever have a chance to meet Mike Gundy I will have time to change into an OU shirt beforehand. :)

TahoeSOONER
8/12/2011, 12:36 PM
That's a lot of money for some "trim"

badger
8/12/2011, 12:38 PM
Mike Gundy pictured here that he doesn't appreciate Bob Stoops' OU attire on "OSU soil." :D

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/698/573/107174067_crop_650x440.jpg

Loveland claims he offered to turn the shirt inside out and apologize to the Gundys, but Mike Gundy replied by calling him a “stupid idiot” for wearing the OU shirt on “OSU soil.”

CowboyMRW
8/12/2011, 12:41 PM
Have a hard time believing this as I've met Mike on a couple occasions and he seems to be a super nice guy.

olevetonahill
8/12/2011, 12:44 PM
Have a hard time believing this as I've met Mike on a couple occasions and he seems to be a super nice guy.

You missed the part where the dude 'UPSET Gumbys Ewe

According to the suit, Gundy approached Loveland and said, “How dare you come into my house and offend my wife?” The states that when Loveland asked what Gundy was referring to, the coached replied by saying, “That (expletive deleted) shirt you have on.”

badger
8/12/2011, 12:49 PM

But you've never met him wearing an OU shirt, have you?

btw, sorry about Russell Okung. It was pretty apparent that after he went down that Tavaris doesn't stand a chance this season. If Pete weren't the Hawk coach, I would wish Okung a speedy recovery, so rather, I'll wish him a speedy trade to a better team.

yukonsooner
8/12/2011, 12:54 PM
I wonder if his wife is offended at family gatherings when Cale wears his OU attire? i.e., championship rings???

badger
8/12/2011, 12:56 PM
I wonder if his wife is offended at family gatherings when Cale wears his OU attire? i.e., championship rings???

Cale: Hey, I see us brothers both have our 2010 Big 12 championship rings on... of course mine doesn't say "South"

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/1/7/8/3/1/5/3/early-morning-angry-sheep-24794942568.jpeg

NormanPride
8/12/2011, 12:57 PM
bobstoopslaughingatosuprogram.jpg

OutlandTrophy
8/12/2011, 12:57 PM
what an idiot. The contractor, not Coach Gundy.

Flagstaffsooner
8/12/2011, 01:01 PM

According to the suit, Gundy approached Loveland and said, “How dare you come into my house and offend my wife?” The states that when Loveland asked what Gundy was referring to, the coached replied by saying, “That (expletive deleted) shirt you have on.”

DONT OFFEND THE OS EWE!

SoonerofAlabama
8/12/2011, 01:04 PM
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5573/mikegundyoklahomavoklah.jpg

LakeRat
8/12/2011, 01:13 PM
what an idiot. The contractor, not Coach Gundy.

How? He has damages b/c of breach of contract. He is trying to recoup his damages? So he is an idiot?

Sooner_Tuf
8/12/2011, 01:18 PM
I wish Gundy luck. What are the odds of finding somebody that is skilled and an OSU fan?

Phil
8/12/2011, 01:25 PM
Here it is. Humorous reading, and consistent with what I have always heard about him.

http://www.soonerfans.com/Gundylawsuit.pdf

OutlandTrophy
8/12/2011, 01:36 PM
is Ed White the same attorney that filed and won a class action lawsuit against OU, the OU Board of Regents and a few others for making a white male get a higher score on ACT than a minority female to get the same scholarship?

OutlandTrophy
8/12/2011, 01:41 PM
How? He has damages b/c of breach of contract. He is trying to recoup his damages? So he is an idiot?

he's an idiot for wearing an OU shirt while working directly for the head coach of OSU in the coach's home. It would be just as stupid if an OSU fan was a contractor on Coach Stoops' home and wore an OSU shirt while working on it.

Dressed in the dark, puhleeze. Did he not brush his teeth that morning? He knew what shirt he had on.

Phil
8/12/2011, 01:43 PM
is Ed White the same attorney that filed and won a class action lawsuit against OU, the OU Board of Regents and a few others for making a white male get a higher score on ACT than a minority female to get the same scholarship?

Dunno, but whoever did that did it righteously, because that ain't right.

OutlandTrophy
8/12/2011, 01:59 PM
I got a check for $750 as a member of the class. The named plaintifs got 5 figures.

SoonerofAlabama
8/12/2011, 01:59 PM
he's an idiot for wearing an OU shirt while working directly for the head coach of OSU in the coach's home. It would be just as stupid if an OSU fan was a contractor on Coach Stoops' home and wore an OSU shirt while working on it.

Dressed in the dark, puhleeze. Did he not brush his teeth that morning? He knew what shirt he had on.

Does it really matter what the guy wears, though? Does anyone think Stoops would fire a contractor for wearing an OSU shirt?

And about getting dressed in the dark, the guy had to have known what he was wearing, that is definite.

This situation can't be as bad as when a brick layer hired by OSU put an OU on Boone Pickens stadium.

badger
8/12/2011, 02:08 PM
Man, it wasn't even an OU logo shirt based on the complaint paperwork, It was gray with red lettering that was said "Oklahoma Baseball" with a Nike logo. Oh noes, "OKLAHOMA BASEBALL!" [hairGel]

When I was reading what Gundy was saying, I was somehow hearing the "tirade" voice when Gundy was yelling at Jenni Carlson.

Prediction: Settlement outta court just to make this go away, to make it go away for them both. This carpenter doesn't appear to be a gold digger, just wants to be compensated for the effort already done (suing for $10k on an $80k job). Gundy doesn't need this crap right before football season.

CowboyMRW
8/12/2011, 02:32 PM
But you've never met him wearing an OU shirt, have you?

btw, sorry about Russell Okung. It was pretty apparent that after he went down that Tavaris doesn't stand a chance this season. If Pete weren't the Hawk coach, I would wish Okung a speedy recovery, so rather, I'll wish him a speedy trade to a better team.

I just hope he can stay healthy. The guy is super talented, just seems to be injury prone his first 2 years

badger
8/12/2011, 02:41 PM
I just hope he can stay healthy. The guy is super talented, just seems to be injury prone his first 2 years

Ja, but remember he went to the NFL during the final money rookie year, not slotted or metered or whatever they call it now. So, even if he doesn't have a successful NFL career, he'll be able to take care of himself and his family (and hell, he might even throw a little cash at his alma mater, hehe)

Perrish Cox, on the other hand... it was like he was screwing up and getting penalties every other play :stunned:

oudavid1
8/12/2011, 03:19 PM
If Stoops did the same thing we would laugh at the poke fan. I support Gundy to do whatever he wants in his own home. Legally of course.

sooner28
8/12/2011, 03:28 PM

For some reason I can't get the following phrase out of my head:

Don't you know she's a mother..... of children!!!!

NorthernIowaSooner
8/12/2011, 03:33 PM
I wonder if he yells at Cale when he wears OU stuff around his wife.

Flagstaffsooner
8/12/2011, 03:34 PM

http://www.webmastergrade.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Baby-Sheep-Lamb.jpg

sooner ngintunr
8/12/2011, 03:55 PM
Does anyone think Stoops would fire a contractor for wearing an OSU shirt?

Only an idiot would take the chance.

Put on a white t shirt and go to work. This guy is a jackass.

Sooner_Tuf
8/12/2011, 03:59 PM
Of course we have only heard one side of the story. Mike Gundy does have a history of losing it. I suspect he will be losing some money on this also.

The little brother/sister complex is strong with Mike and wife.

olevetonahill
8/12/2011, 04:33 PM

:D :D :D :D :D :D

misplacedsooner
8/12/2011, 05:04 PM
I wonder if he yells at Cale when he wears OU stuff around his wife.

cale would thump him if he did.

tcrb
8/12/2011, 05:38 PM
This is something that only a very little man would do. A man who has an inferiority complex. A man who is 44 and.....an aggie.

Okla-homey
8/12/2011, 05:44 PM
This is something that only a very little man would do. A man who has an inferiority complex. A man who is 44 and.....an aggie.

Precisely. Especially a punk who never beat OU as a player or coach. I hope ESPN gets this and runs it bookended with the "I'm a man" rant.

A Sooner in Texas
8/12/2011, 09:09 PM
[hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] HOW DARE YOU OFFEND MY WIFE!!! I'M A MAN!!!!![hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel]

misplacedsooner
8/12/2011, 09:38 PM
funny they filed it on his birthday,lol

misplacedsooner
8/12/2011, 09:39 PM
funny they filed it on his birthday,lol
happy birthday mikey

misplacedsooner
8/12/2011, 09:41 PM
not sure what happened..sorry guys. mods please delete this crap

Sooner_Tuf
8/13/2011, 12:43 AM
I would like to hear from our ag posters why we should drag them along to a new conference. I mean there is all this hate and everything.

85Sooner
8/13/2011, 09:04 AM
I wear My OU shirts all the time and sell to the Texas coaches. They have never had a problem with it. In fact, it is always a conversation starter. BTW Augies home makes Mikes look like a shack.;)

stoopified
8/13/2011, 09:31 AM
Heh, When i was running my shop There were several times that peeps tried to come in wearing OsU or saxet crap. I made em take that **** off or leave , their choice.:cool:That is completely different......and justified.

stoopified
8/13/2011, 09:41 AM
Only an idiot would take the chance.

Put on a white t shirt and go to work. This guy is a jackass.But he is 40 and he is a man.

AlboSooner
8/13/2011, 10:27 AM
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k146/bs177/wrasslin.png

SoonerKnight
8/13/2011, 04:22 PM
Seems Mike has a right to demand that the contractor not wear his "OU" shirt on the job. However with no stated requirement to do so before job started I would say Mike owes the contractor $10,000 for breach of contract and attorney fees. Also, Mike should tone it down a bit. He may be the OSU head cheerleader but geez! Taking it a little too far!

picasso
8/13/2011, 05:06 PM
Most people would laugh it off but I guess that would get underneath the skin of any inferior Poke type.

rekamrettuB
8/14/2011, 07:52 PM
Good Lord. Losing to OU so many times in a row as both a QB and a HC has driven him to assholism. That's a ridiculous reaction to someone's TShirt. I think I would have made fun of the shirt. And if his wife tattled on him then she is a huge capital C-word.

picasso
8/14/2011, 07:54 PM
Good Lord. Losing to OU so many times in a row as both a QB and a HC has driven him to assholism. That's a ridiculous reaction to someone's TShirt. I think I would have made fun of the shirt. And if his wife tattled on him then she is a huge capital C-word.

Yes, he should have called him a stupid Gooner.

CowboyMRW
8/14/2011, 08:13 PM
There are 3 sides to every story, The carpenters, Gundy's, and the truth. The only one that I've heard is the carpenter's, and I would suspect that there is more to this story than what all has been told

picasso
8/14/2011, 08:25 PM
There are 3 sides to every story, The carpenters, Gundy's, and the truth. The only one that I've heard is the carpenter's, and I would suspect that there is more to this story than what all has been told

Quite true. But, it's not like the dude made an OU logo out of the quarter round.

StoopTroup
8/15/2011, 02:14 AM
I bet he asked her who she thought was better looking.....Mike or Cale? :D

MamaMia
8/15/2011, 02:37 AM
If Gundy broke a contractual deal due to the fact that the guy wore one of his OU T-Shirts to his house to do a job then he should pay if there was any monetary damages, even though wearing an OU shirt to Gundy's house was rude. You cant break a deal with a contractor because of his choice in collegiate wear.

Sooner_Tuf
8/15/2011, 03:08 AM
"Tell me the truth when you married Mike could you see the day when you would live in a house without wheels?"

More likely when on a break "More hay, m'am?"

StoopTroup
8/15/2011, 03:12 AM
How to win the Lawsuit....

"Would the Contractor not take the job because Mike was oSu's Head Coach because he was a rabid OU Fan? Better yet would the Contractor understand if his Employee was an OU Fan and suddenly asked to take some time off because he didn't feel comfortable working on the HC's House of oSu?"

It's silly that they didn't try and work it out. However maybe they did try and Mike went bat shot Crazy. That's what I figured happened. That brick deal that an OU Fan did on BoonesFarm Stadium is probably a sore spot when it comes to Contractors and I bet he gets a hard on for anyone that later he finds out is an OU Fan and was hired in Stoolwayer. It's why some of our Sooner Posters who think it isn't that big a deal and can be worked out....well I think they are wrong. It can't be worked out sometimes.

SoonerBorn68
8/15/2011, 03:54 AM
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/2956/gundyserved.jpg

MrJimBeam
8/15/2011, 04:41 AM
This guy is soooo professional that the morning he's off to work on an $80,000 job he can't even manage to dress himself. I'm gonna guess he's in over his head and Mike knew it fairly quickly. That's why the man got fired.

Sooner_Tuf
8/15/2011, 04:44 AM
This guy is soooo professional that the morning he's off to work on an $80,000 job he can't even manage to dress himself. I'm gonna guess he's in over his head and Mike knew it fairly quickly. That's why the man got fired.

He hired him on his parents recommendation. Better hope he didn't sign anything.

thecrimsoncrusader
8/15/2011, 10:33 AM
That ain't true! Pure garbage! This makes me want to puke. etc.

From a business conduct guidelines standpoint, it was foolish to wear the shirt. With that said, if the situation was reversed, Coach Stoops would have taken the high road and just laughed it off as a gag, which is what Coach Gundy should have ultimately done.

Or perhaps Coach Gundy could have kindly asked that the contractor to not wear such attire at his house again and at that point, the contractor could either comply with that request or tell Coach Gundy to go hump a sheep.

bluedogok
8/15/2011, 11:22 AM
That ain't true! Pure garbage! This makes me want to puke. etc.

From a business conduct guidelines standpoint, it was foolish to wear the shirt. With that said, if the situation was reversed, Coach Stoops would have taken the high road and just laughed it off as a gag, which is what Coach Gundy should have ultimately done.

Or perhaps Coach Gundy could have kindly asked that the contractor to not wear such attire at his house again and at that point, the contractor could either comply with that request or tell Coach Gundy to go hump a sheep.
I do think there was poor thinking from both parties.

JLMSOONER
8/15/2011, 12:17 PM
I understand, but seriously! A shirt? Who gives a rats *ss. Were they on the playground?

prrriiide
8/15/2011, 01:53 PM
The little brother/sister complex is strong with Mike and wife.

The Farce is strong in their family...

I would say Mike owes the contractor $10,000 for breach of contract and attorney fees.

As I read it, he's asking for a lot more than $10K...

He's asking for damages "actual, consequential, and incidental caused by Defendants' breach of contract and related to his detrimental reliance on their promises...Finally, should the evidence support a claim for punitive damages...Plaintiff asks that he be awarded damages in addition to the foregoing."

The way I read it is that the $10K figure is for punitive damages over and above any actual, provable damages.

But then, I never went to law school, so take that for what it's worth. IMO, Gundy owes him for the amount of the contract, the amounts for jobs declined in order to do the contracted job, and some punitive damages for being a whiny little b!tch.

Sooners78
8/15/2011, 04:04 PM

So, because he's the head coach at OSU, he should get special treatment? If I hire someone to come work at my house, and they know I'm a big OU fan, and they wear OSU apparel into my house, would I have the same right to say that's offensive and fire them? They're both idiots. Gundy's an idiot for firing him and the contractor's an idiot for suing. As for wearing the shirt, I have no problem with that.

Keller Sooner
8/15/2011, 04:30 PM
If I hired a contractor to work on my house, I wouldn't care what shirt he wore on the job. Unless it was a horn, then I would watch him like a hawk.