PDA

View Full Version : Acapulco Bar & Grill

C&CDean
8/11/2011, 02:51 PM
So, who's tried this place? It's brandy new - across the road from the McDonald's on the way to Noble.

Momma and I met there for lunch today to give it a test ride. I got carne asada tacos, and momma got the flauta lunch special.

Their salsa was good, their "special salsa" was very good, and the carne asada was some of the best I've had in OK. Their beans/rice were ok. Momma said her flauta was good and so was the guacamole. The sopapilla was very good - light, kind of flakey (rather than the wannabe crispy kreme donut gooey doughballs you get at a lot of Messican joints).

Service was good, food was hot/fresh and served within about 5 minutes of ordering.

They have a full bar with a lot of stools, big TVs, and it's bigger than it looks from outside. I'll have to try it for drinks and supper to give a more substantial report. However, the American judge gives it a solid B.

Anyone else?

JohnnyMack
8/11/2011, 03:04 PM
Momma enjoys my "special salsa" if you know what I mean. And I think that you do. Oh yeah!

<hi five myself>

WichitaSooner
8/11/2011, 03:07 PM
Nice... I haven't tried it yet.... But, after your assessment I definitely need to find the time to go in there. I drive by it at least twice a day so I have no excuse.

C&CDean
8/11/2011, 03:16 PM
Momma enjoys my "special salsa" if you know what I mean. And I think that you do. Oh yeah!

<hi five myself>

She said it reminds her of toothpick dipped in guacamole.

hawaii 5-0
8/11/2011, 03:18 PM
When did South Classen get a McDonalds?

5-0

Trump/ Fizzbucket 2012

oumartin
8/11/2011, 03:29 PM
is their queso white?

I'm afraid I might get shot if I ever ask to eat anywhere close to Noble.

C&CDean
8/11/2011, 03:30 PM
When did South Classen get a McDonalds?

5-0

Trump/ Fizzbucket 2012

Subway, Likker Store, gym, all kinds of stuff.

hawaii 5-0
8/11/2011, 03:56 PM

I guess I need to get back to Normal for a look-see. Maybe drop by Denco's for a Darlin'. (jk).

Actually I was there a few years back but came in on I-35.

5-0

Trump/ Glove Man 2012

WichitaSooner
8/11/2011, 04:04 PM
I'm afraid I might get shot if I ever ask to eat anywhere close to Noble.

If that means you haven't ever been to Kendall's in downtown Noble for a chicken fried steak.... then I am VERY SAD for you...

Also coming soon... a super wal-mart and Lowe's... and of course everything that comes with that.

waynepayne
8/11/2011, 04:42 PM
If that means you haven't ever been to Kendall's in downtown Noble for a chicken fried steak.... then I am VERY SAD for you...

Also coming soon... a super wal-mart and Lowe's... and of course everything that comes with that.

or had breakfast across the street at Tiffanys...

oumartin
8/11/2011, 04:46 PM

Eaten there a few times.

C&CDean
8/11/2011, 06:33 PM
or had breakfast across the street at Tiffanys...

Their ham and eggs are ridiculous. A slab of ham that completely covers the plate, eggs, taters, toast on top of it all. Damn good eats.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/11/2011, 06:39 PM
Did you notice any soup or seafood on the menu, at Acapulco?

C&CDean
8/11/2011, 06:55 PM
Did you notice any soup or seafood on the menu, at Acapulco?

I didn't look hard, and I'm sure there's no albondigas or menudo. I think I do remember seeing several marisco y camarone dishes though.

TUSooner
8/12/2011, 08:46 AM
<hi five myself>
Is that what they call it now? I thought "fapping" was the latest slang.