PDA

View Full Version : MURPHY GAS STATIONS

OUHOMER
8/10/2011, 09:39 AM
Well, i just found out, (after I filled up) that our local Murphy station and switched to Ethanol.

Man I hate this stuff, I dont get the same mileage, my last weed eater died because of it. My lawn mower dose not run well on it.

My wife told me about it this morning after i filled up yesterday, I did not even notice while i was filling up.

So , i called up there and they confirmed it had switched. The lady who answered said she is getting a lot of complaints.

Oh and i did send them a nasty message.

Sorry just had to rant.... :mad:

NormanPride
8/10/2011, 09:41 AM
Preach on, brother. Does it actually make things cheaper? Or is it the illusion provided by government subsidies?

OUHOMER
8/10/2011, 09:48 AM
I did notice the price had dropped , but i figured it had something to do with the price of oil dropping.

I also noticed the long lines, a lot of folks were duped, Make a switch and all they have to do is put on a small decal saying ethanol..

I hope this is one subsidy that gets wacked.

Boomer.....
8/10/2011, 10:17 AM
The one by us still has one or two pumps that offer 100% gas. You might check them all out.

soonercruiser
8/10/2011, 10:40 AM
Stations here in OKC are trending the opposite way.
Two nearby stations have swithched most of there pumps to 100% gasoline.
I don't have to drive a couple of miles to get it now.
:D

Plenty of auto performance research out there to support your points, Homer.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/10/2011, 10:50 AM
Well, i just found out, (after I filled up) that our local Murphy station and switched to Ethanol.

Man I hate this stuff, I dont get the same mileage, my last weed eater died because of it. My lawn mower dose not run well on it.

My wife told me about it this morning after i filled up yesterday, I did not even notice while i was filling up.

So , i called up there and they confirmed it had switched. The lady who answered said she is getting a lot of complaints.

Oh and i did send them a nasty message.

Sorry just had to rant.... :mad:

SeaFoam... good stuff and it clears out engines and prevents ethanol sluggishness.

Took half a mowing season, now my Honda runs well and hasn't needed a carb job in 2 years

jumperstop
8/10/2011, 11:37 AM
I don't think it's near of a big deal as some people would like to believe. People who insist on no ethanol are probably the same people who drink fiji water because it's better for you...

And what dick would right a nasty letter because he was too stupid to pay attention to the sign. It's not the stores fault.

BudSooner
8/10/2011, 12:29 PM
SeaFoam... good stuff and it clears out engines and prevents ethanol sluggishness.

Took half a mowing season, now my Honda runs well and hasn't needed a carb job in 2 years
This^ +1

Sooner_Tuf
8/10/2011, 02:53 PM
If replace ten percent of something with something that has five percent of the BTUs you are getting ninety five percent of what you think you are buying.

It's a bad purchase for that fact alone and there are many other reasons that make it an even worse purchase.

C&CDean
8/10/2011, 03:01 PM
I have evidence of the mileage issue with that corn crap.

I drove to South Carolina last week. When I left, I filled up my truck with real gas. The computer said I was averaging 22.1mpg. I filled up with real gas in Memphis, and I maintained the same mileage. Then, I filled up in Georgia with ethanol crap. It's the only thing they have down there it seems. My mileage on the return trip (two ethanol fillups) was 19.3mpg. Over 3mpg difference. It ain't cheaper, it's more expensive.

OUHOMER
8/10/2011, 09:58 PM
I don't think it's near of a big deal as some people would like to believe. People who insist on no ethanol are probably the same people who drink fiji water because it's better for you...

And what dick would right a nasty letter because he was too stupid to pay attention to the sign. It's not the stores fault.

**** off, dip ****

diverdog
8/10/2011, 10:17 PM
I have evidence of the mileage issue with that corn crap.

I drove to South Carolina last week. When I left, I filled up my truck with real gas. The computer said I was averaging 22.1mpg. I filled up with real gas in Memphis, and I maintained the same mileage. Then, I filled up in Georgia with ethanol crap. It's the only thing they have down there it seems. My mileage on the return trip (two ethanol fillups) was 19.3mpg. Over 3mpg difference. It ain't cheaper, it's more expensive.

The stuff sucks. In the East we are forced into it because of air quality issues. They made us go to E 85. That stuff will eat plastic gas tanks. I had to put a water filter in my boat because it attracts water and will f*** up everything. On the surface it some like an interesting idea but in reality it sucks.