PDA

View Full Version : OU/Tulsa Tailgate

C&CDean
8/10/2011, 08:26 AM
Details for the OU/Tulsa tailgate are below. We still have parking spots available (they're going fast though) and we still need sponsors. Thanks to those who have already stepped up to sponsor this year. You are very much appreciated.

A season parking pass is $100, and a sponsorship is $300, which includes a season parking pass. Any and all donations will be accepted as we are going to need to offset the increased cost of the tailgate spot.

What: Tailgate party

Where: Northwest corner of Jenkins and Boyd in the parking lot immediately West of the Casa Blanca building. Look for the white canopies.

When: Saturday, September 3. The food will be ready by 3, and we'll be there before noon to set up, so anytime after noon is groovy.

Who: You. Everyone is welcome to attend.

Cost: Free. There is a tip jar for donations if you'd like to help out, and Oklahomey will be there selling raffle tickets for very cool OU memorabilia.

Menu: Traditional first tailgate. Burgers, dogs, Slovacek's sausages, beans, tater salad, chips, etc. Please feel free to bring something that goes along with that menu if you'd like. Desserts are always welcome.

Beverages: The usual. Dos Equis, Modelo, Pacifico, Newcastle, Guinness, and a few others. Also plenty of canned domestic beer for those that like it. We'll also have the mini-bar available. Please feel free to bring a special beer or beverage to share if you'd like.

TV: Satellite TV to watch the other games as we party.

Facilities: His and her porta potties will be on site. Guys, do NOT pee in the girl's potty. Momma will have your *** if you do. Also, please refrain from throwing beer cans and bottles into the turlets.

Questions: If you have any questions about the tailgates, or if you'd like parking or want to sponsor, you can send me a PM.

DCSooner
8/10/2011, 04:39 PM
Me & the misses will be there with a rowdy crew. We don't need parking spaces because we will be on rascals.

SoonerStormchaser
8/11/2011, 01:18 AM
Please feel free to bring a special beer or beverage to share if you'd like.

CUE OLEVET!

AlbqSooner
8/11/2011, 07:12 AM
Olevet suggested that Dean include that sentence.:P

soonerbrat
8/11/2011, 08:24 AM
Me & the misses will be there with a rowdy crew. We don't need parking spaces because we will be on rascals.

it's a party on wheels!

C&CDean
8/16/2011, 07:02 PM
Tailgate update:

So far, we have 4 tailgates sponsored and several parkers. There's still an opportunity to sponsor a tailgate and there's still some parking spots available.

Since it's looking more and more like most/all of the games are gonna be night games this should be a rockin' tailgate season. If you are interested in helping out or need a parking spot you need to PM me soon to lock it down.

We appreciate those who have already contributed and look forward to seeing the oldtimers again and the newbies for the first time.

Dallasbabe
8/17/2011, 01:04 PM
*waves*

Hi everyone!!! I'm going to sponsor a tailgate and you can find me in the portapotty at any time!!!

any!!! time!!!

I'm not really picky on gender.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/17/2011, 01:27 PM
I know exactly where to find you

C&CDean
8/22/2011, 10:25 AM
Update:

Just purchased a brandy new automatic High Definition satellite dish, and a 60" LED for the tailgates!!

We'll have the ESPN College game package to watch all the other games during the day (since it's looking more and more like all the home games are gonna be night games - 4 of 6 already are locked in at night) and everything broadcast in HD will be seen in HD. No more feeling like we're watching TV through a fish bowl. Yay.

C&CDean
8/23/2011, 05:06 PM
OK kids, we've managed to get sponsors for 5 of the 6 games so far. Still needing another sponsor to step up and help out. We also have several parking spots available - which we always do until right before the first game. If you're interested in helping out with a sponsorship or getting uber-sweet parking for the games/tailgates send me a PM ASAP.

Also, if you'd like to contribute to the parking lot rental you can PM Phil. It ain't cheap throwin' these shindigs.

GDC
8/23/2011, 09:29 PM
They're having the grand opening of the new engineering building across the street from you guys the day of the first game. Check it out, it's pretty cool.

DCSooner
8/24/2011, 03:12 PM
*waves*

Hi everyone!!! I'm going to sponsor a tailgate and you can find me in the portapotty at any time!!!

any!!! time!!!

I'm not really picky on gender.

In!

C&CDean
8/24/2011, 03:17 PM
You could be her twin brother. Eery if you think about it...

Howzit
8/24/2011, 03:31 PM
Like that would stop them.

C&CDean
8/24/2011, 03:34 PM
Kinky...

DCSooner
8/24/2011, 03:37 PM
I love myself too much to do that to myself.

proud gonzo
8/26/2011, 03:09 PM
We won't make this first tailgate (which sucks). We're heading up to the ranch to visit the in-laws. If they talk through the game, PG's gonna choke a bitch.

We're in for most of the rest, though.

Also, Opera Man is auditioning to sing the National Anthem at games, so hopefully he'll get the gig.

C&CDean
8/26/2011, 09:16 PM
Opera man singing at OU games? For realz?

btk108
8/26/2011, 09:59 PM
cool beans

olevetonahill
8/26/2011, 10:07 PM

cool beans

Hell I may even get in the stadium early for that

soonermagicgirl
8/26/2011, 10:37 PM
ive got some people i invited from work. Seems they had a tailgate they went to for years and the person retired the tailgate. They are looking for a new spot. They were sponsors at that tailgate. I gave them the run down and invited them to the site to signup and see what we are all about. I did tell them about the donation jar and stressed how we LOVE donations. i might have suggested a dollar amount too...:joyous:

So i will see you guys on Saturday :)

olevetonahill
8/26/2011, 11:09 PM
ive got some people i invited from work. Seems they had a tailgate they went to for years and the person retired the tailgate. They are looking for a new spot. They were sponsors at that tailgate. I gave them the run down and invited them to the site to signup and see what we are all about. I did tell them about the donation jar and stressed how we LOVE donations. i might have suggested a dollar amount too...:joyous:

So i will see you guys on Saturday :)

Hope to finally meet you, Ill be the old fat bearded long haired dude with a beat up hat on. :joyous:

SicEmBaylor
8/26/2011, 11:14 PM
I look forward to seeing OU keep Kinne on his *** all game.

olevetonahill
8/26/2011, 11:19 PM
I look forward to seeing OU keep Kinne on his *** all game.

Pervert

proud gonzo
8/27/2011, 12:24 AM

Hell I may even get in the stadium early for that

The audition is next week, and I'm not sure when he'd find out, but whenever they let him know the results, I'll pass it on. Don't want to jinx it.

GottaHavePride
8/27/2011, 12:22 PM
I'll contribute some beers for a tailgate. But I put a thread on the football board about that.

C&CDean
8/27/2011, 04:03 PM
Will the beer be brewed in a completely sterile vacuum so you don't catch something from it?

olevetonahill
8/27/2011, 04:07 PM
Will the beer be brewed in a completely sterile vacuum so you don't catch something from it?

Yea we dont want No Boot leg carp.:unconscious:

C&CDean
8/29/2011, 06:30 PM
Tailgate update:

We've received several sponsorships (thank you so much sponsors!!) and parkers, and we still have a couple of parking spaces available if you want to get in before the season starts. Uber-sweet spots at a bargain. PM me if you're interested.

I received the satellite equipment, and tested it today. I've been watching Hi - Def programming in the back pasture, plugged into a pickup truck. I also got the ESPN NCAA Football package ordered today. Everything is a mother****ing GO! It's gonna be good...

Norm In Norman
8/29/2011, 09:17 PM
I'm so excited, I just peed my pants JUST NOW.

C&CDean
8/29/2011, 10:55 PM
I ejaculated. A Norm sighting does that to a feller.

Mississippi Sooner
8/30/2011, 08:44 AM
This thread is sticky.