PDA

View Full Version : The Wisconsin Recall Thread

hawaii 5-0
8/9/2011, 08:25 PM
The Polls are officially closed, tho if you're in line at 8pm you still get to vote.

6 Republican State Senators are facing recall elections because they supported the Koch Brothers' backed political agenda.

Next week 2 Democrat State Senators face their own recall elections, mainly for running to Illinois to avoid voting on Gov. Walker's Union Busting Bill.

Lots at stake here.....

5-0

Trump/ Scooter 2012

TitoMorelli
8/9/2011, 08:30 PM
The Polls are officially closed, tho if you're in line at 8pm you still get to vote.

6 Republican State Senators are facing recall elections because they supported the Koch Brothers' backed political agenda.

Lots at stake here.....

5-0

Trump/ Scooter 2012

Dems will probably pick up several seats.

And in 2012 they will give back considerably more.

hawaii 5-0
8/9/2011, 08:33 PM
The areas in dispute are mainly rural Republican. Urban districts in Madison and Milwaukee aren't affected.

5-0

Trump/ Bumpy 2012

sappstuf
8/9/2011, 10:09 PM
Looks like 3 are locks for the Repubs at this point, 1 for Dem and 2 toss ups.

REDREX
8/9/2011, 11:24 PM
Ed Schultz is about to cry ---tough luck Ed

hawaii 5-0
8/10/2011, 12:14 AM
3 to 2 now in favor of the Rebs. One will again be decided by voter clerk Kathy Nicholaus in Waukeshau.

2 Democrats fight for their political lives next week.

Walker's turn in January. It'll be statewide, not just in Republican districts.

5-0

Trump/ Tailgunner Joe 2012

olevetonahill
8/10/2011, 01:50 AM
The Dems. took 2 of the 4
And may lose that gain next week.

http://news.yahoo.com/wis-gop-holds-off-democrats-recall-elections-052219906.html

StoopTroup
8/10/2011, 03:19 AM
I thought you didn't like politics and here you are looking up **** at 2am.

Your a Closet Poly Vet. The secret is out. :D. ;)

sappstuf
8/10/2011, 06:51 AM
So with supposedly all the momentum the Dems spend twice as much money, but only win half as many seats. That sounds like the way Dems run government...

In the two elections that the Dems won, it was by 10 and 2 percentage points. In the 4 that the Repubs won, they won by 20, 8, 4, 4. And more overall votes went the Repubs way by 52-48. So much for union power... From what I am reading, the Repubs have a good chance to pick up one of the seats next week.

It could have been worse, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel held this story until today.

So it turns out that the sky isn’t going to fall on all local governments in Wisconsin. The numbers now starting to come in show that Gov. Scott Walker’s “tools” for local governments apparently will help at least some of them deal with cuts in state aid imposed by the state budget.

That’s contrary to the expectation and the rhetoric of critics in the spring, and it’s to Walker’s credit. It bears out the governor’s assessment of his budget-repair bill, although we still maintain he could have reached his goals without dealing a body blow to public employee unions…

But the news is good for many. The latest example is Milwaukee, where the most recent estimates show the city with a net gain of at least $11 million for its 2012 budget. That will take a slice out of the city’s structural deficit, which is created by costs rising faster than revenue, and will reduce cuts that Mayor Tom Barrett and the Common Council must impose.

I wonder if the Dems are really willing to get slapped down again... The Walker recall may never happen now.

badger
8/10/2011, 07:44 AM
Both sides screwed up in Wisconsin --- the Dems for allowing Republican control in the first place, and the Republicans for shoving unpopular legislation down constituents' throats.

If both sides suffer a little bit for it, good.

olevetonahill
8/10/2011, 08:23 AM
I thought you didn't like politics and here you are looking up **** at 2am.

Your a Closet Poly Vet. The secret is out. :D. ;)

No way Jose. Saw the thread Title, Saw the BREAKIN News dealio and posted it .;)

sappstuf
8/10/2011, 08:32 AM
Both sides screwed up in Wisconsin --- the Dems for allowing Republican control in the first place, and the Republicans for shoving unpopular legislation down constituents' throats.

I don't really see the Repubs suffering. The Dems have put vast money into Wisconsin and they are now 0-2 to show for their actions.. They tried to get Prosser voted out and now they tried to take back control of the Senate and failed on both accounts.

I'm thinking they can complete the sweep and try to recall Walker and go 0-3....

TitoMorelli
8/10/2011, 08:43 AM
One of the tweets from late last night:

http://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Twitter-Justin-Hart-Che-Cheesehead.jpg

badger
8/10/2011, 08:48 AM
I don't really see the Repubs suffering. The Dems have put vast money into Wisconsin and they are now 0-2 to show for their actions.. They tried to get Prosser voted out and now they tried to take back control of the Senate and failed on both accounts.

I'm thinking they can complete the sweep and try to recall Walker and go 0-3....

I know Repubs still have the majority, but the Dems did get a few ousted, which really doesn't happen a lot (and I think that's what the unions and Democrats are trying to cling to now).

I just don't see Wisconsin as a state where they enjoy the cameras and the reporters and the attention as a whole. The whole recall thing and the publicity it brought rural areas (and the campaigning) likely repulsed voters a little, if not a lot.

There are some states where people are used the attention and probably welcome it. I don't think Wisconsin is one of those states.

MsProudSooner
8/10/2011, 10:17 AM
I believe they are going to try to recall the governor in January. They would have done it sooner, but the law says somone has to be in office for a year before they can be recalled.

soonercruiser
8/10/2011, 10:23 AM

Gee! How familiar that sounds!
:rolleyes:

soonercruiser
8/10/2011, 10:27 AM
I know Repubs still have the majority, but the Dems did get a few ousted, which really doesn't happen a lot (and I think that's what the unions and Democrats are trying to cling to now).

I just don't see Wisconsin as a state where they enjoy the cameras and the reporters and the attention as a whole. The whole recall thing and the publicity it brought rural areas (and the campaigning) likely repulsed voters a little, if not a lot.

There are some states where people are used the attention and probably welcome it. I don't think Wisconsin is one of those states.

Badger,
So after a "recall election", isn't there another state election for that seat?
Or, does the past opposing candidate just pretend that won - even though they lost?

sappstuf
8/10/2011, 10:29 AM

I'm sure that is what they are clinging to since they are 0-2 in reaching their goals, but it is just spin. A couple of Dems could get voted out next week and we will be pretty much in the same place... With the Repubs firmly in control.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/10/2011, 10:51 AM
Yeah!! Repubs keep the Senate!!!!

TheHumanAlphabet
8/10/2011, 10:52 AM
3 to 2 now in favor of the Rebs. One will again be decided by voter clerk Kathy Nicholaus in Waukeshau.

2 Democrats fight for their political lives next week.

Walker's turn in January. It'll be statewide, not just in Republican districts.

5-0

Trump/ Tailgunner Joe 2012

Walker will keep his seat. The residents will see his actions working.

sappstuf
8/10/2011, 11:02 AM

I don't even know if they will recall Walker.

Repeated kicks to the nuts hurt after awhile..

http://forum.l0lz.com/members/admin-albums-funny-junk-picture170-funny-soccer-kicked-balls.gif

badger
8/10/2011, 11:20 AM
Badger,
So after a "recall election", isn't there another state election for that seat?
Or, does the past opposing candidate just pretend that won - even though they lost?

I am not sure if you asking this seriously or whatever, but I'll take the bait regardless.

Recalls in Wisconsin:
- In order to be up for recall, must have been in office for at least one year, meaning that many of the Republicans (including Walker) who were elected recently are still ineligible. This would also exempt the entire state House, but only about half the state Senate.
- 25 percent of those who voted for governor must request a recall and sigs must be obtained in 60 days.
- 8 Dems and 8 Repubs were eligble to be recalled immediately, but only 6 Repubs and 3 Dems got the necessary paperwork to get the ball rolling.

What happened:
- One Democratic incumbent beat a Republican challenger back in July.
- Repubs just had their recall elections yesterday, where two were ousted by challengers and four kept their seats, thus ensuring a Republican majority in the state Senate, regardless of any future recalls.
- Democrats, who had multiple challengers and thus Republican primaries were needed first, will be up for recall on Aug. 16.

In a nutshell, recall elections are a big cluster**** that require a lot of sh!t to happen, which is a checks and balances system against abuse. You need to wait a year before recalling, you need to get a lot of signatures within a short timeframe, you need to get challengers declared (and have primaries if necessary), and THEN you have the final election. Whew!

Widescreen
8/10/2011, 11:25 AM

So your summary of the problems in Wisconsin is:

1) Republicans are in the majority, and
2) Republicans are in the majority

Is that correct?

badger
8/10/2011, 11:30 AM
So your summary of the problems in Wisconsin is:

1) Republicans are in the majority, and
2) Republicans are in the majority

Is that correct?

:D Well yes, it is correct that the Republicans are in the majority in Wisconsin.

I wrote what I did because I like that the voters are making both sides answer for their recent actions, or inactions. If your elected officials aren't representing you, call them on it, regardless of what party you're registered with, or how long the guy's been in office, or what he's done 20 years ago.

The 2012 election is getting closer every day. I think the unions and Dems took the recall efforts so seriously because they think it will set the tone for how invigorated their bases will be to do what Tea Partiers seem to have perfected --- getting the incumbents off their arses and working for their constituents and not expecting to get re-elected just because they're already in office.

sappstuf
8/10/2011, 11:35 AM
:D Well yes, it is correct that the Republicans are in the majority in Wisconsin.

I wrote what I did because I like that the voters are making both sides answer for their recent actions, or inactions. If your elected officials aren't representing you, call them on it, regardless of what party you're registered with, or how long the guy's been in office, or what he's done 20 years ago.

The 2012 election is getting closer every day. I think the unions and Dems took the recall efforts so seriously because they think it will set the tone for how invigorated their bases will be to do what Tea Partiers seem to have perfected --- getting the incumbents off their arses and working for their constituents and not expecting to get re-elected just because they're already in office.

Except it didn't work. Overall vote totals were 52-48% in favor of the Repubs.

The Left in Wisconsin are going to have to face some hard facts. Scott Walker, for all practical purposes, kicked sand in their face. Then took their lunch money. Now he's nailing their girlfriend....

soonercruiser
8/10/2011, 11:35 AM
I am not sure if you asking this seriously or whatever, but I'll take the bait regardless.

Recalls in Wisconsin:
- In order to be up for recall, must have been in office for at least one year, meaning that many of the Republicans (including Walker) who were elected recently are still ineligible. This would also exempt the entire state House, but only about half the state Senate.
- 25 percent of those who voted for governor must request a recall and sigs must be obtained in 60 days.
- 8 Dems and 8 Repubs were eligble to be recalled immediately, but only 6 Repubs and 3 Dems got the necessary paperwork to get the ball rolling.

What happened:
- One Democratic incumbent beat a Republican challenger back in July.
- Repubs just had their recall elections yesterday, where two were ousted by challengers and four kept their seats, thus ensuring a Republican majority in the state Senate, regardless of any future recalls.
- Democrats, who had multiple challengers and thus Republican primaries were needed first, will be up for recall on Aug. 16.

In a nutshell, recall elections are a big cluster**** that require a lot of sh!t to happen, which is a checks and balances system against abuse. You need to wait a year before recalling, you need to get a lot of signatures within a short timeframe, you need to get challengers declared (and have primaries if necessary), and THEN you have the final election. Whew!

So.......:confused: ...
After the recalls, there be another election for those "vacated" seats?

badger
8/10/2011, 11:38 AM
Except it didn't work. Overall vote totals were 52-48% in favor of the Repubs.

The Left in Wisconsin are going to have to face some hard facts. Scott Walker, for all practical purposes, kicked sand in their face. Then took their lunch money. Now he's nailing their girlfriend....

I didn't say it worked, I said it would set the tone. :D

And what a tone it set :D

zKH3iemEd-A

(turn down your volume and try not to laugh too hard)

So....... ...
After the recalls, there be another election for those "vacated" seats?

No, to have a successful petition with enough sigs in the 60-day timeframe is to put the incumbent back up for election. You either elect the incumbent again, or the challenger (primaries before for both the incumbent and the challenger might also happen)

sappstuf
8/10/2011, 11:41 AM
I didn't say it worked, I said it would set the tone. :D

And what a tone it set :D

zKH3iemEd-A

(turn down your volume and try not to laugh too hard)

No, to have a successful petition with enough sigs in the 60-day timeframe is to put the incumbent back up for election. You either elect the incumbent again, or the challenger (primaries before for both the incumbent and the challenger might also happen)

LOL.. I would say that is the exact tone the Dems set.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/10/2011, 11:58 AM

If both sides suffer a little bit for it, good.The dems should have "controlled" the vote better?

badger
8/10/2011, 12:05 PM
Oh Rushie :D

The Dems should have taken care of their constituents when they were in power. Instead, they got voted out along with a lot of other Dems nationwide and lost that control, and now all they can do to stop Republicans is escape to Illinois or throw some unsuccessful recall efforts.

MsProudSooner
8/10/2011, 12:10 PM

The recall elections yesterday all took place in rural areas, which are traditionally Republican. If Walker goes through a recall election, it will be a statewide vote, including the tradionally more democratic urban areas.

8/10/2011, 12:15 PM

The Dems should have taken care of their constituents when they were in power. Instead, they got voted out along with a lot of other Dems nationwide and lost that control, and now all they can do to stop Republicans is escape to Illinois or throw some unsuccessful recall efforts.I think the dems "took care" of their constituents(government unions, and others with overly expensive entitlements) a bit too well. That's why so many were voted out of office.

SoonerNate
8/10/2011, 12:17 PM

The Dems should have taken care of their constituents when they were in power. Instead, they got voted out along with a lot of other Dems nationwide and lost that control, and now all they can do to stop Republicans is escape to Illinois or throw some unsuccessful recall efforts.

They clearly hate the will of the voters. If they can't win at the ballot box they try to intimidate and recall. Bunch of ***** *** babies.

sappstuf
8/10/2011, 12:19 PM
The recall elections yesterday all took place in rural areas, which are traditionally Republican. If Walker goes through a recall election, it will be a statewide vote, including the tradionally more democratic urban areas.

So why spend all of that money and effort trying to unseat them? I am going to assume that the Dems thought they could and overplayed their hand.

Hopper was defeated because he had an affair with a 25 year old staffer and he still barely lost. Repubs will pick that seat back up in the next election with a fresh face. Kapanke was in a district that Obama took by 20 points. That doesn't sound very Republican to me...

If the Dems win both seats back next week, they might try to recall Walker
If the Dems lose one seat, I doubt they will try.
If the Dems lose both seats they won't even attempt it.

badger
8/10/2011, 12:20 PM
I think the dems "took care" of their constituents(government unions, and others with overly expensive entitlements) a bit too well. That's why so many were voted out of office.

Pride cometh before the fall, Sir Rush. Two Republican incumbents didn't make it outta the recall round. Everyone in office needs to take this warning to heart --- voters are sick of dealing with this crap, whether there's an "R" or a "D" behind the dude's name.

So why spend all of that money and effort trying to unseat them? I am going to assume that the Dems thought they could and overplayed their hand.

Once again, Walker and the entire state House were not eligible for recall yet, so they did what they could for the time being and targeted the senators who were up eligible for recall. It's probably wasted money to go after him in 2012 though. That's when the real elections take place nationwide.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/10/2011, 12:26 PM
Recalls are generally stupid. Elections are held every 2 to 4 years for a reason. It's just added cost to the state to hold these extra elections just because somebody doesn't agree with what the duely elected rep did. Wisconsin should increase the threshold for a recall.

sappstuf
8/10/2011, 12:33 PM
Pride cometh before the fall, Sir Rush. Two Republican incumbents didn't make it outta the recall round. Everyone in office needs to take this warning to heart --- voters are sick of dealing with this crap, whether there's an "R" or a "D" behind the dude's name.

Once again, Walker and the entire state House were not eligible for recall yet, so they did what they could for the time being and targeted the senators who were up eligible for recall. It's probably wasted money to go after him in 2012 though. That's when the real elections take place nationwide.

All this has been wasted money so far for the unions. They have spents 10s of millions to unseat Prosser and now the recall elections and they don't have anything real to show for it...

That is 10s of millions they won't have now when the regular elections are up. They gambled and they lost. There is no other way to put it.

badger
8/10/2011, 12:38 PM
I guess it's not a total waste. Hooray, economy. All that spent money might have created some jobs or something :)

Bourbon St Sooner
8/10/2011, 12:41 PM
I guess it's not a total waste. Hooray, economy. All that spent money might have created some jobs or something :)

It created jobs for political hacks. Just what this country needs.

sappstuf
8/10/2011, 12:43 PM

Good point. Maybe that is why unemployment numbers look so good in Wisconsin.. Walker is sneakier than I thought...

sappstuf
8/10/2011, 12:48 PM
I think Al Sharpton put it well last night when talking about the recall elections..

TjMZIC4DawM

badger
8/10/2011, 12:57 PM
And I quote!

Tonight is the measure of whether the country begins in the state of Wisconsin a national drive to push back or whether we have more to go to build a movement of resistance, but resist, we much ... we ... must and we will much... about... that... be committed.

soonercruiser
8/10/2011, 01:36 PM
I think Al Sharpton put it well last night when talking about the recall elections..

TjMZIC4DawM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Never seen Al fall asleep with his eyes open like that!
He needs to teach that one to Joe Biden.

(Snorting cocaine does have side effects)

TheHumanAlphabet
8/10/2011, 01:42 PM
Obligatory "Cocaine is a hell of a drug" comment...

soonercruiser
8/10/2011, 01:44 PM
Im thinkin' he was high sniffing Freezone!
:eek:

sappstuf
8/10/2011, 02:41 PM
And I quote!

Honestly... Who could argue with that?

TitoMorelli
8/10/2011, 05:51 PM

I think the 8th district is composed of parts of north Milwaukee and the suburbs, but you certainly make a good point in general. On the flip side, these were all districts specifically targeted for recall efforts by the Democrats, and batting 2 for 6 may not be such a good sign, especially if Republicans gain either of the two seats up for recall next week.

soonercruiser
8/10/2011, 09:02 PM
Heard on the radio today that of the two recalled Repugs - one was caught on infidelity ( a new reality show); and the other had just moved out of his district in order to move in with the girlfriend.

Sounds like Wisc needs some good Repug candidates.
:pop:

hawaii 5-0
8/10/2011, 10:21 PM
It's fun watching the posts of people who think Walker won't be recalled.

That the Dems took any seats at all in the recall elections is major. Those were Republican districts. People are waking up and don't like what they see.

Walker will face the brunt of major urban areas in ultra-Liberal Madison and ultra-union Milwaukee. Walker left Milwaukee as city manager with a big stain on his shorts.

Stay tuned......

5-0

Trump/ Biggles 2012

sappstuf
8/10/2011, 10:39 PM

That the Dems took any seats at all in the recall elections is major. Those were Republican districts. People are waking up and don't like what they see.

Walker will face the brunt of major urban areas in ultra-Liberal Madison and ultra-union Milwaukee. Walker left Milwaukee as city manager with a big stain on his shorts.

Stay tuned......

5-0

Trump/ Biggles 2012

Didn't Prosser face that in his re-election bid? How did that turn out?

TitoMorelli
8/10/2011, 10:55 PM
So it turns out that the sky isn't going to fall on all local governments in Wisconsin. The numbers now starting to come in show that Gov. Scott Walker's "tools" for local governments apparently will help at least some of them deal with cuts in state aid imposed by the state budget.

That's contrary to the expectation and the rhetoric of critics in the spring, and it's to Walker's credit. It bears out the governor's assessment of his budget-repair bill, although we still maintain he could have reached his goals without dealing a body blow to public employee unions.

Local government officials also need to keep in mind that not all governments will share equally - Milwaukee County is one example - and that tough choices remain. And state legislators should make adjustments in any follow-on budget-repair bill to make sure that any pain is fairly shared.

But the news is good for many. The latest example is Milwaukee, where the most recent estimates show the city with a net gain of at least $11 million for its 2012 budget. That will take a slice out of the city's structural deficit, which is created by costs rising faster than revenue, and will reduce cuts that Mayor Tom Barrett and the Common Council must impose.

The city projects it will save at least $25 million a year - the figure could be as high as $36 million in 2012 - from health care benefit and pension changes it didn't have to negotiate with unions because of the changes wrought by the new law that ended most collective bargaining for most public employees.

That certainly will help the city deal with the $14 million in cuts in state aid in the 2011-'13 state budget.

City officials were loath to give Walker any credit. "It's a false question," Barrett said when asked whether Walker was right in his contention that his bargaining changes more than offset the impact of his aid cuts. Barrett said most people would agree that public employees should pay more of their health care and pension costs, but Walker didn't have to eliminate almost all of their collective bargaining power to do it.

Barrett's right on that point. And it's true that some local governments will see more pain than gain. But Walker does deserve some credit for balancing the state budget without putting everything on the backs of local taxpayers.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/opinion/127339738.html

Apparently the citizens of Wisconsin would be much better of without ultra-Liberal Madison and ultra-union Milwaukee.

hawaii 5-0
8/11/2011, 12:10 AM
Didn't Prosser face that in his re-election bid? How did that turn out?

Prosser didn't face the unpopularity that Walker has. Currently 6 out of 10 want him out. His popularity has never been so low.

Last year you didn't see signs in store windows saying RECALL WALKER. You sure do now.

Prosser faced a virtual unknown in his re-election.

Apples and oranges on your spin.

Expect Walker to try to change the rules while he still has control of the Senate and Assembly.

I predict Russ Feingold will face Walker.

5-0

Trump/ Jimmy 2012

hawaii 5-0
8/11/2011, 12:30 AM
The Dems facing recall should retain their seats. (emphasis on 'should').

Local grassroots organizers couldn't get the signatures on the recall petitions and the Koch Brothers resorted to bringing outsiders from Utah to get the signatures.

And even that was underhanded. One guy went into a bar and offered to buy a drink for each person signing his petition.

Another went around asking if a voter liked a particular Democrat and wanted to see him on a ballot. "If yes, then sign here." Many signed, not knowing they were signing a recall petition.

Four other Dems who coulda been up for recall weren't simply because the Pubs couldn't get enough signees on their petitions to qualify. So much for grassroots efforts.

Back to my original point.......we'll see how the Dems fare next week. The Kochs spent $8million on the recall efforts of Senator Darling alone. It's a pretty deep pocketbook.

In all fairness I dispise the way both sides have brought in outside influence to steer these recalls. It should have been done locally.

5-0

Trump/ McCarthy 2012

hawaii 5-0
8/11/2011, 12:49 AM
"This is a great day in Wisconsin history," said Gov. Walker. "Too bad we cut all the history teachers."

5-0

Trump/ Thomas 2012

Turd_Ferguson
8/11/2011, 06:44 AM
Trump/ Thomas 2012
I still think it's weird that you change your sig in every post.

badger
8/11/2011, 08:23 AM
A good and fair editorial by the Milwaukee J-S, which traditionally has a more liberal slant than my parents liked from their rural home we grew up in, hehe.

I don't think Walker will get recalled. I don't even think they will bring out the recall petition by the time he's up for it at this point (or at least not get the necessary sigs).

As for the petition sig collectors, we've all been to state fairs and events where people are collecting sigs and they will do ANYTHING for a signature, because each one means money for them.

My advice: When they ask you if you are a registered voter of Oklahoma, respond "Are you?" If they lie, ask to see their driver's license, which if they had one, would be from a different state. They will likely refuse, so tell them your signature depends on seeing their Oklahoma driver's license. They'll leave you alone rather than create a scene :D

sappstuf
8/11/2011, 09:07 AM
Prosser didn't face the unpopularity that Walker has. Currently 6 out of 10 want him out. His popularity has never been so low.

Last year you didn't see signs in store windows saying RECALL WALKER. You sure do now.

Prosser faced a virtual unknown in his re-election.

Apples and oranges on your spin.

Expect Walker to try to change the rules while he still has control of the Senate and Assembly.

I predict Russ Feingold will face Walker.

5-0

Trump/ Jimmy 2012

Is that the same Russ Feingold that lost by 5 points to a guy who had never held any office?? Good luck with that.

Dems outspent the Repubs 2-1 in this election. And still they won half as many seats as the Repubs and did not reach their goal of retaking the senate.

I hope you do try to recall Walker. All that is happening is you are flushing money down the toliet that normally would have been used to reelect Obama. I'm fine with that. There is only so much money to go around, especially these days.

News keeps coming out that Walker has saved school districts around the state millions. Wisconsin has bucked the national trend set by Obama and is actually creating jobs.

Even if you did successfully recall Walker the bill would stay because Repubs control everything else. Go for it, I say. Blowing other people's money without getting results must be fun for the unions.

I have been reading your posts for several months and there are many things you thought "should" have happened that did not.

The facts are, Prosser is still on the bench and the Repubs still control the state senate... Repubs are still firmly in control.

That is what a majority of voters in those elections thought "should" have happen and it did. Everything else is just spin.

badger
8/11/2011, 09:15 AM
I would not be against Russ Feingold as Wisconsin governor. I know he's a libbie, but he was a principled libbie and regularly worked with Republicans for the greater good (like campaign finance reform and impeaching Clinton)

sappstuf
8/11/2011, 09:41 AM
I would not be against Russ Feingold as Wisconsin governor. I know he's a libbie, but he was a principled libbie and regularly worked with Republicans for the greater good (like campaign finance reform and impeaching Clinton)

Russ might be too busy throwing a primary challenge at Obama.. :)

soonercruiser
8/11/2011, 10:06 AM

Stay tuned......

5-0
Trump/ Biggles 2012

To even say this admits what it's all about - labor union & teacher's union power!
It's not about the state or the kid's education!
Pretty sad "state" Wisc is in....:(

soonercruiser
8/11/2011, 10:09 AM
A good and fair editorial by the Milwaukee J-S, which traditionally has a more liberal slant than my parents liked from their rural home we grew up in, hehe.

I don't think Walker will get recalled. I don't even think they will bring out the recall petition by the time he's up for it at this point (or at least not get the necessary sigs).

As for the petition sig collectors, we've all been to state fairs and events where people are collecting sigs and they will do ANYTHING for a signature, because each one means money for them.

My advice: When they ask you if you are a registered voter of Oklahoma, respond "Are you?" If they lie, ask to see their driver's license, which if they had one, would be from a different state. They will likely refuse, so tell them your signature depends on seeing their Oklahoma driver's license. They'll leave you alone rather than create a scene :D

I have to unfortunately admit that I could probably not handle this. ^^^^
I would probably beat the he11 out of them, tear up the petitions, and get arrested for assault with a dead weapon!
:D

Soonerfan88
8/11/2011, 10:27 AM

Local grassroots organizers couldn't get the signatures on the recall petitions and the Koch Brothers resorted to bringing outsiders from Utah to get the signatures.

And even that was underhanded. One guy went into a bar and offered to buy a drink for each person signing his petition.

Another went around asking if a voter liked a particular Democrat and wanted to see him on a ballot. "If yes, then sign here." Many signed, not knowing they were signing a recall petition.

Four other Dems who coulda been up for recall weren't simply because the Pubs couldn't get enough signees on their petitions to qualify. So much for grassroots efforts.

Back to my original point.......we'll see how the Dems fare next week. The Kochs spent $8million on the recall efforts of Senator Darling alone. It's a pretty deep pocketbook.

In all fairness I dispise the way both sides have brought in outside influence to steer these recalls. It should have been done locally.

5-0

Trump/ McCarthy 2012

And union protesters in Merrill, WI surrounded people gathering signatures to recall Democrats, preventing people from signing them. Recall committee members said one of the protesters wrote profanity across a partially collected petition form, and ripped up other completed petitions. Also, police refused to clear a path to the table.

Link to the Wausau Daily is available in cache only but here is one that includes a video. http://weaselzippers.us/2011/03/16/union-protestors-in-wisconsin-destroy-democrat-recall-petitions-and-police-do-nothing/

badger
8/11/2011, 10:33 AM
Russ might be too busy throwing a primary challenge at Obama.. :)

Badger approves of this idea. Badger STRONGLY approves of this idea.

I would totally vote a Democrat for president if that Democrat was Russ Feingold.

TitoMorelli
8/11/2011, 10:44 AM
And union protesters in Merrill, WI surrounded people gathering signatures to recall Democrats, preventing people from signing them. Recall committee members said one of the protesters wrote profanity across a partially collected petition form, and ripped up other completed petitions. Also, police refused to clear a path to the table.

Link to the Wausau Daily is available in cache only but here is one that includes a video. http://weaselzippers.us/2011/03/16/union-protestors-in-wisconsin-destroy-democrat-recall-petitions-and-police-do-nothing/

Seems about the only difference between the thugs in England and the thugs in Wisconsin is that the Cheese Guevara's already steal enough taxpayers' money legally that they don't have to resort to looting...yet.

hawaii 5-0
8/11/2011, 11:42 AM
I like the discussion. Wisconsin is pretty evenly split down the middle. Urban Liberals and Unionists vs. Rural Conservatists (generally speaking).

The Dems took 2 seats away fron Republican rural districts.

Let's see how the Repubs do next week against the Dems on Dem turf.

Walker WILL be recalled. Petitions will go out in November and be turned in ahead of time. I believe they need 500,00 names. I predict they'll turn in 750,000 at the least.

5-0

Trump/ Scooter 2012

hawaii 5-0
8/11/2011, 11:44 AM
Turd, about the Sig.......

Poor Trump just can't decide who he deems worthy enough to run with him. Most end up getting fired or he realizes that they're already dead.

The search for someone to run with Dumb continues....

5-0

Trump/ Dumber 2012

sappstuf
8/11/2011, 11:53 AM
I like the discussion. Wisconsin is pretty evenly split down the middle. Urban Liberals and Unionists vs. Rural Conservatists (generally speaking).

The Dems took 2 seats away fron Republican rural districts.
Let's see how the Repubs do next week against the Dems on Dem turf.

Walker WILL be recalled. Petitions will go out in November and be turned in ahead of time. I believe they need 500,00 names. I predict they'll turn in 750,000 at the least.

5-0

Trump/ Scooter 2012

Kapanke's district voted for Obama by 20 points... How on earth do you consider that a Republican district?

8/11/2011, 12:27 PM
Badger approves of this idea. Badger STRONGLY approves of this idea.

I would totally vote a Democrat for president if that Democrat was Russ Feingold.BUSTED!...how sad!

badger
8/11/2011, 12:46 PM
BUSTED!...how sad!

Dude, you've been busting me for years and I have turned in my Republican card so many times by now that it might as well be a library book. :P

A complete, unabridged version of my Democratic voting history:

1- Nancy Riley, a former Republican-turned-Democrat state Senator that lost her election, but whom I respected during her unsuccessful lt. gov. campaign a few years prior.

2- Jari Askins, as a governor candidate in 2010, just because she seemed more qualified for the office than Mary Fallin.

3- There is no three. But it would be Russ Feingold if he were to beat out Obama for the Democratic nominee in 2012.

And really Rushbo, if that were to happen and you were guaranteed no more Obama, wouldn't that be good enough for you?

TitoMorelli
8/11/2011, 12:51 PM
Dude, you've been busting me for years and I have turned in my Republican card so many times by now that it might as well be a library book. :P

1- Nancy Riley, a former Republican-turned-Democrat state Senator that lost her election, but whom I respected during her unsuccessful lt. gov. campaign a few years prior.

2- Jari Askins, as a governor candidate in 2010, just because she seemed more qualified for the office than Mary Fallin.

3- There is no three. But it would be Russ Feingold if he were to beat out Obama for the Democratic nominee in 2012.

And really Rushbo, if that were to happen and you were guaranteed no more Obama, wouldn't that be good enough for you?

And for this you used your 25,000th post?;)

badger
8/11/2011, 01:12 PM
And for this you used your 25,000th post?;)

When you get as many posts as I have, you stop celebrating milestones.

I bet your great great granny said that on her 120th birthday too. :P

8/11/2011, 01:40 PM

And really Rushbo, if that were to happen and you were guaranteed no more Obama, wouldn't that be good enough for you?Neither Feingold, nor any democrat, and all the RINOS, will attempt to overthrow Obearycare, which is ESSENTIAL. Most of those people would not overturn the many other bad laws and policies that Obama and his congress have implemented.

hawaii 5-0
8/11/2011, 03:15 PM
Kapanke's district voted for Obama by 20 points... How on earth do you consider that a Republican district?

Kapanke is a Republican. He represents his district. When he voted in the State Senate he voted the Republican agenda set for by the Koch Brothers via Walker and Fitzgerald.

As long as Kapanke voted Republican, yes, it was (past tense noted) a Republican District.

If Kapanke consistently voted Republican how on earth can you consider it a Democratic District? Was Obama voting in Wisconsin to end public unions? To realign voter districts to favor Republicans? Last time I looked it was Kapanke.

5-0

Trump/ Wheezer 2012

landrun
8/11/2011, 08:04 PM
So....if the Republicans pick off one seat next week, they've removed 1/2 of the Democrats incumbents and 1/3 of the Republican incumbents lost this week.

The problems is, this whole recall deal was started by irate people in the left-wing base. They had all the momentum and motivation and lost a higher percentage of seats then the Republicans did.

If I remember right, there are more Democrats up for re-election in 2012 then Republicans. If the angered/motivated left lose in the same percentages they've lost in Wisconsin, the Republicans would win the white house, increase their seats in the house, and take control of the senate... maybe by large numbers.

After all I read and heard about this recall, I thought it was a slam dunk win for the left and a statement about the future. But when it is all said and done, it looks like a pretty big slap in the face to the Democrat party and a substantial defeat. I certainly don't see how they could say it is a victory with a straight face.

tcrb
8/11/2011, 08:48 PM
I certainly don't see how they could say it is a victory with a straight face.

But they will.

hawaii 5-0
8/11/2011, 09:08 PM
So....if the Republicans pick off one seat next week, they've removed 1/2 of the Democrats incumbents and 1/3 of the Republican incumbents lost this week.

The problems is, this whole recall deal was started by irate people in the left-wing base. They had all the momentum and motivation and lost a higher percentage of seats then the Republicans did.

If I remember right, there are more Democrats up for re-election in 2012 then Republicans. If the angered/motivated left lose in the same percentages they've lost in Wisconsin, the Republicans would win the white house, increase their seats in the house, and take control of the senate... maybe by large numbers.

After all I read and heard about this recall, I thought it was a slam dunk win for the left and a statement about the future. But when it is all said and done, it looks like a pretty big slap in the face to the Democrat party and a substantial defeat. I certainly don't see how they could say it is a victory with a straight face.

$40 Million can still buy a lot of votes nowdays. The Koch Brothers are celebrating.

5-0

Trump/ Poncho 2012

sappstuf
8/11/2011, 09:42 PM
Let’s see. A coalition of leftists, government unions, and Democrats spent millions of dollars on an effort to unseat a conservative State Supreme Court justice in April. They failed, and the victorious David Prosser promptly joined a majority decision upholding Gov. Walker’s (successful) budget law. Then they spent approximately $20 million to win back the Senate by recalling up to six Republican State Senators who voted for Gov. Walker’s (successful) budget fix. They failed, and the GOP will maintain control over the upper chamber, even if both incumbent Democrats win next week. Having racked up an eight-figure, zero-results tab, Wisconsin liberals are hoping that the third time’s a charm. To prove to the world how how very resolute they are — even in the face of multiple humiliating defeats — they’re doubling down on the quixotic mission of recalling the architect of the state’s (successful) budget repair legislation himself, Gov. Scott Walker.

By all means, Wisconsin liberals, please pursue this wildly expensive pipe dream...

TitoMorelli
8/11/2011, 10:08 PM
I can drink both but I prefer Koch over Pepsi.

Actually I prefer Cherry Koch.

5-0

Trump/ Doc Brown 2012

Hypocrite !

Turd_Ferguson
8/11/2011, 11:50 PM
$40 Million should buy a lot of votes nowdays. The Koch Brothers should be celebrating.

5-0

Mulatto / Hairplugs Biden 2012Just wanted to throw your usual "should" in there...

hawaii 5-0
8/12/2011, 01:50 AM
Suit yerself. I can take it.

5-0

Trump/ Dumber 2012

badger
8/12/2011, 07:32 AM
I hate to say it, but Madison and Milwaukee are rubber stamps for Democrats, regardless of who the Republican is. Your best hope for ousting incumbents is getting new Democrats in around those districts.

Don't expect any turnover in Dem seats, unless its from outside those areas.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/12/2011, 09:22 AM
Kapanke is a Republican. He represents his district. When he voted in the State Senate he voted the Republican agenda set for by the Koch Brothers via Walker and Fitzgerald.
You've lost any and all credibility by bringing up the tired dim whipping boys Koch's...

hawaii 5-0
8/12/2011, 10:48 AM
You've lost any and all credibility by bringing up the tired dim whipping boys Koch's...

Honestly, who do you think is calling the shots up there?

I suggest you pull your head out and look around if you want in the game.

5-0

Trump/ Clovis 2012

OutlandTrophy
8/12/2011, 10:51 AM
Are you saying that there was no outside money for the Democrat's side in getting the recall petitions against the Republicans?

Are you the guy that kept calling the Kochs Nazis?

TheHumanAlphabet
8/12/2011, 11:58 AM

You pull your head out...

What about Soros and his cronies, the MSM. We could spout on ad infinitum about Soros throwing his money around...The Koch deal is really really old. Get a new schtick...

badger
8/12/2011, 03:13 PM
I have no doubt that the majority of money going through Wisconsin recall efforts was outside money on both sides, much like I think outside money was used on both sides to get the very-public protests to be even bigger, even more public.

Alas, the battle will no longer be in Wisconsin after next week. Hell, with no chance to oust Republicans anymore, they may not even care about the final two recalls next week. Outside money will return to the big fish states in the pond. And Wisconsin is no big fish.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--an04t5SB90/TWZAs8c2p-I/AAAAAAAABWk/Z7P8fIthgjQ/s1600/2012+electoral+college+map+based+on+Gallup+2010+ap proval.jpg

soonercruiser
8/12/2011, 04:03 PM

5-0

Trump/ Clovis 2012

Out of state union thugs, teacher's unions nationwide (see this as an important battle for them), SEIU, Soros.....an on.....and on...
Get serious 5-O?

soonercruiser
8/12/2011, 04:06 PM
No need to start a new thread.......:rolleyes:

Gotta keep this going through the Wisc Demoncratic recall elections next week.

sappstuf
8/12/2011, 04:06 PM

5-0

Trump/ Clovis 2012

The voters... You just have a hard time processing the message they are sending.

hawaii 5-0
8/13/2011, 02:09 AM
Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0

5-0

Trump/ Clovis 2012

Sappstuf
The voters... You just have a hard time processing the message they are sending.

5-0

The 'Net is full of references to the CockBrothers inflouence on GOP Politics in Wisconsin.

That's what set of TheHumanAlphabet's angry response. I think he/she has an issue on who's putting up the big bucks to put Walker in the Governor's chair. Lot's of other Governors BTW.

I'm not doing your homeworks folks.

5-0

Trump/ Bashful 2012

hawaii 5-0
8/13/2011, 02:13 AM
No need to start a new thread.......:rolleyes:

Gotta keep this going through the Wisc Demoncratic recall elections next week.

One look at the thread title and my 1st post on this thread and you'll see I was referring to both the Repub and Dem Recall elections.

Fair and Balanced, yeah?

BTW, Last week one Dem already survived his recall election. The other two are up next week.

5-0

Trump/ Dopey 2012

tcrb
8/14/2011, 05:13 PM
One look at the thread title and my 1st post on this thread and you'll see I was referring to both the Repub and Dem Recall elections.

Fair and Balanced, yeah?

BTW, Last week one Dem already survived his recall election. The other two are up next week.

5-0

Trump/ Dopey 2012

Just wondering....how many times have you masturbated to this thread....??? :pop:

badger
8/16/2011, 03:11 PM
Guess what today is.

Link (http://newsok.com/wis.-democrats-hope-to-hold-ground-in-2-recalls/article/feed/286207?custom_click=headlines_widget)

Yup, the final recall, unless they try to hit Walker next year.

GrapevineSooner
8/16/2011, 03:36 PM
So much did the unions in Wisconsin waste...I mean spend to ultimately recall 2 Republicans?

badger
8/16/2011, 03:48 PM
So much did the unions in Wisconsin waste...I mean spend to ultimately recall 2 Republicans?

I think the unions aren't all exclusive to Wisconsin, but the amount spent by both sides was millions.

sappstuf
8/16/2011, 03:51 PM
I think the unions aren't all exclusive to Wisconsin, but the amount spent by both sides was millions.

Dems spent twice as much as Repubs...

Do the Dems take both today or do they split?

badger
8/16/2011, 03:56 PM
Dems spent twice as much as Repubs...

Do the Dems take both today or do they split?

I think that hope is lost for the Dems after last week, so it could go either way. If the base was energized over the possibility of keeping a gained majority, I'm sure there'd be record turnout. With that possibility ended last week, I expect voter turnout similar to runoffs in primaries... or school board elections. Very minimal.

soonercruiser
8/16/2011, 04:00 PM
Guess what today is.
Link (http://newsok.com/wis.-democrats-hope-to-hold-ground-in-2-recalls/article/feed/286207?custom_click=headlines_widget)

Yup, the final recall, unless they try to hit Walker next year.

It's Groundhog Day in Wisconsin.
Time to see if the Dem whor** get to come out of their hiding holies!

sappstuf
8/16/2011, 04:01 PM
I think that hope is lost for the Dems after last week, so it could go either way. If the base was energized over the possibility of keeping a gained majority, I'm sure there'd be record turnout. With that possibility ended last week, I expect voter turnout similar to runoffs in primaries... or school board elections. Very minimal.

I think one seat is pretty safe, but the other is a tossup. I bet the Repubs get it because of your reasons above.

8/16/2011, 04:07 PM
It's Groundhog Day in Wisconsin.
Time to see if the Dem whor** get to come out of their hiding holies!
:DAre some of them still down in Illinois?

TitoMorelli
8/16/2011, 11:09 PM
Fleabaggers retain both seats, not even close.

hawaii 5-0
8/16/2011, 11:58 PM
So the Wisconsin Recalls have come to a close.........for now.

Let's do a recap, shall we?

3 Democrats were up for recall. You know, the ones who skipped town in order to not be forced to submit to Walker's Unionbusting mandate.

All three Democrats held onto their seats. I guess the voters decided the Dems were justified in not falling for Walker's tactics (via the Fitzgerald brothers who lead both the Senate and the Assembly).

Now 6 of the Republicans who rubberstamped Walker's legislation were up for Recall. 4 retained their seats and 2 are now out of work because they refused to represent their constituents.

For those out there who are mathamatically challenged, that's 4 Republican wins against 5 Democratic wins.

What it means is the Republicans hold control of the Assembly, and a 17-16 edge in the Senate. One little twist is that one of the Repubs in the Senate actually voted against Walker's Bill. That could throw a monkey wrench in further legislation by Walker and his cronies.

Next up starting in November........the Recall of Governor Walker.

Oh, unless you want to count the impending arrest of Judge Prosser for felony assault on another judge.

Stay tuned...........

5-0

Trump/ Nicholaus 2012

badger
8/17/2011, 07:59 AM
Congrats to the winners. Do what's best for Wisconsin. Please don't cause another national circus and turn the cap building into a camping ground.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/17/2011, 09:05 AM
Fleabaggers retain both seats, not even close.

Not surprising, one district was in the Northwoods. Almost everyone up there is on the dole. They don't work and if they do, they "guide" for a season and then go back on the dole. Try to get a contractor to your place to do work. Few really want to work. To be sure, few jobs up there now. Papermills don't employ like they once did. There are a few plastic extrusion companies up there and the Mars candy wrapper plant in Rhinelander (though I believe it is owned by PrintPak now and may make more than just candy wrappers). The people up there live on government money and high taxes. If you are out of state and own land with lake front (like we do) you are screwed...they fund their stuff with your money because you can't vote...

badger
8/17/2011, 09:08 AM
property taxes suck for full time residents too, according to my parents that lived up there much longer than I did... and were the ones with the income and the property and stuff.

one tax they don't screw you on as much is sales tax. most areas have 5 to 5.5 percent. one thing i appreciate now that I'm paying about 8 percent here :(

TheHumanAlphabet
8/17/2011, 09:08 AM

Oh, unless you want to count the impending arrest of Judge Prosser for felony assault on another judge.

Doubt either will happen.

soonercruiser
8/17/2011, 09:29 AM

3 Democrats were up for recall. You know, the ones who skipped town in order to not be forced to submit to Walker's Unionbusting mandate.

All three Democrats held onto their seats. I guess the voters decided the Dems were justified in not falling for Walker's tactics (via the Fitzgerald brothers who lead both the Senate and the Assembly).

Now 6 of the Republicans who rubberstamped Walker's legislation were up for Recall. 4 retained their seats and 2 are now out of work because they refused to represent their constituents.

For those out there who are mathamatically challenged, that's 4 Republican wins against 5 Democratic wins.

What it means is the Republicans hold control of the Assembly, and a 17-16 edge in the Senate. One little twist is that one of the Repubs in the Senate actually voted against Walker's Bill. That could throw a monkey wrench in further legislation by Walker and his cronies.

Stay tuned...........

5-0

Trump/ Nicholaus 2012

For those of you not morally challenged, you know that hiding is cowardice!
Demoncrats are the kind of immoral politicians who will kill innocent children. So, cowardice isn't a big step for them. :rolleyes:

We hold more responsible the voters who would tolerate control by unions and social program dependance. They will get the government they deserve!

TheHumanAlphabet
8/17/2011, 09:43 AM
So 5-0 You think the Wisky dims (and Texas dims as well) are doing a great job when they ran away? They lost the elections and when they don't like what is going on, take their ball and run away? You for that? Then you obviously are against hard work and must be for "island work - bra"...

I would have much more respect for the dims for using Parlimentary procedures and such to drag something out or continue debate. Running away is for cowards.

badger
8/17/2011, 11:24 AM
As a lifelong Republican (although Rush currently has possession of my R-card, because I said something about not caring about rich people or something, lol), I was kind of embarrassed that they crossed the border rather than face the music, but I understood why they did it --- they didn't have any alternative. No filibuster, no governor's veto, no majority, no alternative but to vote and lose.

I wish they would have just voted and lost. I think this would have energized their voting base more to recall those that they could, with the knowledge that there was no alternative, that they were going to lose every vote to Scott Walker and the Republican majorities in the state House/Senate unless they got the majority back through public elections. Instead, the process got dragged out, the beautiful cap building got trashed and national media flooded in to try to understand our Canadian-sounding accents, doncha know.

It is what it is, water under the bridge, etc etc. Next time though, just follow the process and use that to get people elected, not get inevitable votes postponed.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/17/2011, 12:51 PM
Don't forget saying - Wis-CON-sin...;)

badger
8/17/2011, 01:00 PM
Oh yes. It was more of a CAHN (or for star trek fans, KHAN!!!!!!!!!) sound for me. Emphasis on the AH.

Here's the latest outta Wisky: Linky (http://newsok.com/wis.-recalls-leave-both-gop-dems-claiming-victory/article/feed/286540?custom_click=headlines_widget)

Here's the kicker:

More than $40 million was estimated to have been spent on the recalls, an unprecedented amount on nine local races that would exceed the $37 million spent statewide last year on the race that put Walker in power.

If anything should be learned from this, it this: Take the elections, even the non-presidential year ones, seriously. Don't vote by party (especially if Rush repossessed your R-card), don't vote for the guy you always vote for or the one that pestered your TV and mail with the most ads. Vote by issue, vote based on record, vote based on who you want representing you for the next 2, 4 or 6 years.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/17/2011, 01:06 PM
Oh yes. It was more of a CAHN (or for star trek fans, KHAN!!!!!!!!!) sound for me. Emphasis on the AH.

Agreed. didn't type the phonetic properly...;)

hawaii 5-0
8/17/2011, 04:42 PM
So 5-0 You think the Wisky dims (and Texas dims as well) are doing a great job when they ran away? They lost the elections and when they don't like what is going on, take their ball and run away? You for that? Then you obviously are against hard work and must be for "island work - bra"...

I would have much more respect for the dims for using Parlimentary procedures and such to drag something out or continue debate. Running away is for cowards.

It was a good political tactic. Some might call them cowards for running away. Others, actually the majority of their constituents, the ones who put them in office to represent them, considered them heroes. When the Repubs brought in a bunch of outsiders to gather names on their recall petitions they had to resort to dishonorable tactics. The Repubs, instread of running their own candidates straight up, brought in a bunch of Fake Democrats to make the real Senators win primary elections.

Gimmme a break about your political ethics.

When it came down to it every Democrat who ran away got re-elected.

Two of the Repubs who decided to rubberstamp Gov. Walker's bogus Union Busting Bill are now out on their ear. Are they cowards for not representing the people who put them in office? Seems like it to me.

Coward versus Hero.

There's two sides to the argument, Bucko.

The voters of Wisconsin decided who the two cowards were. Both were Republican.

5-0

Trump/ Sparky 2012

diverdog
8/17/2011, 04:50 PM

Stay tuned...........

5-0

Trump/ Nicholaus 2012

This was a big victory and a slap in the face to Walker.

sappstuf
8/17/2011, 04:53 PM

Really? What exactly was accomplished? Repubs control the senate.. Check. Repub nominees still the majority in the supreme court.. Check. Walker can still do whatever he wants.. Check.

As a bonus kick in the nuts, school districts across the state are saving millions as a direct result of Walker's policies. Massive teacher layoffs have not happened like the Dems said they would. Wisconsin is creating jobs much faster than the nation as a whole.

If that is victory DD, I would sure hate to see what defeat would be.

hawaii 5-0
8/17/2011, 04:55 PM

A lot of the moderate Republicans are having second thoughts and are distancing themselves from Walker.

5-0

Trump/ Smitty 2012

Turd_Ferguson
8/17/2011, 05:00 PM
A lot of the moderate Republicans are having second thoughts and are distancing themselves from Walker.

5-0

Trump/ Smitty 2012WTF ever...

hawaii 5-0
8/17/2011, 05:05 PM
WTF ever...

Good you don't live in Wisconsin Turd. It means a lot to them and they take their politics very seriously.

5-0

Trump/ Sport 2012

hawaii 5-0
8/17/2011, 05:09 PM
U.S. Representative Paul Ryan from Wisconsin isn't doing the Town Hall thing this legislative break.

He doesn't want to face his irate voters like he did last time.

Instead he's charging people money if they want to talk to him.

5-0

Trump/ Glenn 2012

diverdog
8/17/2011, 05:28 PM
Really? What exactly was accomplished? Repubs control the senate.. Check. Repub nominees still the majority in the supreme court.. Check. Walker can still do whatever he wants.. Check.

As a bonus kick in the nuts, school districts across the state are saving millions as a direct result of Walker's policies. Massive teacher layoffs have not happened like the Dems said they would. Wisconsin is creating jobs much faster than the nation as a whole.

If that is victory DD, I would sure hate to see what defeat would be.

Sapp:

They lost two seats in a recall election. That does not happen. Walker cannot do what he wants. He is now seen as toxic. I bet in a million years he did not see this coming. Right now he is fighting to keep his job.

Nice spin on your part.

hawaii 5-0
8/17/2011, 05:31 PM
Sapp:

They lost two seats in a recall election. That does not happen. Walker cannot do what he wants. He is now seen as toxic. I bet in a million years he did not see this coming. Right now he is fighting to keep his job.

Nice spin on your part.

Actually I thought it was a lousy spin.

5-0

Trump/ Martha 2012

OutlandTrophy
8/17/2011, 05:32 PM
I find it fascinating that a person in Hawaii, one that votes republican every chance he gets, is soooo enamored with and supportive of what all the Democrat party has going on in Wisconsin.

hawaii 5-0
8/17/2011, 05:34 PM
I find it fascinating that a person in Hawaii, one that votes republican every chance he gets, is soooo enamored with and supportive of what all the Democrat party has going on in Wisconsin.

As I've noted before I have family and pay taxes in Wisconsin.

Why are you concerned?

"votes republican every chance he gets" ????? That's a stretch....

5-0

Trump/ Vinny 2012

OutlandTrophy
8/17/2011, 05:35 PM
I'm not concerned, I just find it fascinating.

hawaii 5-0
8/17/2011, 05:38 PM
I'm not concerned, I just find it fascinating.

Well, OK. That works for me. ;)

5-0

Trump/ Bowser 2012

OutlandTrophy
8/17/2011, 05:40 PM
and I like cheese and Miller High Life

hawaii 5-0
8/17/2011, 05:52 PM
and I like cheese and Miller High Life

Fresh Wisky cheese can't be beat.

And the Brats? Ahhhhh!

Spotted Cow beer from New Glarus? Yeppers!!!

Great corn too.

Fair on the Square? Farmer's Market around the Capital on Saturdays? Great!

Please folks, don't judge Wisconsin because of my postings.

It really is a beautiful State with good people.

Go see it for yourselves. Probably not in the Winter tho unless you like snow sports like cross country skiing and snowmobiling.

5-0

Trump/ Grady 2012

sappstuf
8/17/2011, 06:50 PM
Sapp:

Nice spin on your part.

One seat was in a district that voted Obama by 20 points.

In the other, the guy had moved out of his house and in with a 26 year female staffer...

What exactly did the Dems get for the millions of dollars they spent? They didn't reach any of their own self-professed goals...

Or are you saying they spent millions to fall 10K votes short in the Prosser election and millions more to not take control of the Senate? The spin is not on my part.. Those are the facts based on the Dem's goals. They failed. If it makes you feel better, we can say they came in second place....

Odd you didn't address the bonus, so I will post it again.

Soonerfan88
8/17/2011, 07:04 PM
5-0 still hasn't commented on the unions intimidating folks trying to sign recall petitions and destroying sheets already full of signatures or that police witnessed this event and did nothing. No, 5-0 is more outraged that outsiders were brought in to gather signatures even though he supported the outsiders that were brought in to protest earlier in the year.

And I don't think anyone expected the jerk who left his wife for a staffer and now lives with said girlfriend in another district to actually retain his seat, including him.

Curly Bill
8/17/2011, 07:10 PM

Maybe he's trying the LAS schtick? Claim to be a republican, then slam them every chance you get, while knob-slobbering over everything donk.

8/17/2011, 08:07 PM
Maybe he's trying the LAS schtick? Claim to be a republican, then slam them every chance you get, while knob-slobbering over everything donk.They're just following the Rules for Radicals, it seems

Curly Bill
8/17/2011, 08:10 PM
LAS is just stirring sh*t up as he's always done. I don't know what 5-0's up to. May just be a dumas.

hawaii 5-0
8/17/2011, 08:23 PM
5-0 still hasn't commented on the unions intimidating folks trying to sign recall petitions and destroying sheets already full of signatures or that police witnessed this event and did nothing. No, 5-0 is more outraged that outsiders were brought in to gather signatures even though he supported the outsiders that were brought in to protest earlier in the year.

And I don't think anyone expected the jerk who left his wife for a staffer and now lives with said girlfriend in another district to actually retain his seat, including him.

Never heard of that stuff. You have a source that's actually objective and not just some smear article?

Might I suggest you quit making stuff up about what I did and didn't support. I'm on record as having said I didn't support any outside support on the Wisconsin issues, by either side.

Get your smack straight.

5-0

Trump/ Xavier 2012

hawaii 5-0
8/17/2011, 08:29 PM
Maybe he's trying the LAS schtick? Claim to be a republican, then slam them every chance you get, while knob-slobbering over everything donk.

I've never claimed to be a Republican.

I'm kinda amazed the crap some of you make up.

I did say I've voted Republican before and would again if it was a candidate whose issues I supported.

There's actually some Republicans who think for themselves and don't automatically toe the Party line.

5-0

Trump/ Dan 2012

hawaii 5-0
8/17/2011, 08:31 PM
I've learned a long time ago that when you stop arguing the issues and go after the other Poster, you've lost the argument.

Seems some of you have lost.

5-0

Trump/ Nemo 2012

Turd_Ferguson
8/17/2011, 08:57 PM
who think for themselves and don't automatically toe the Party line.Comedy ****'n gold I tell ya...

diverdog
8/17/2011, 09:06 PM
One seat was in a district that voted Obama by 20 points.

In the other, the guy had moved out of his house and in with a 26 year female staffer...

What exactly did the Dems get for the millions of dollars they spent? They didn't reach any of their own self-professed goals...

Or are you saying they spent millions to fall 10K votes short in the Prosser election and millions more to not take control of the Senate? The spin is not on my part.. Those are the facts based on the Dem's goals. They failed. If it makes you feel better, we can say they came in second place....

Odd you didn't address the bonus, so I will post it again.

The pubs spent even more.

hawaii 5-0
8/17/2011, 09:07 PM
Comedy ****'n gold I tell ya...

Try Dale Schultz (R) Wisconsin.

He voted against Scott Walker's union busting bill.

The Senate stands 17-16 for the Repubs, but one of those 17 wasn't in Walker's pocket. Anything Walker's Senate tries to pass now isn't a given.

Not sure why you're even following this Turd. What's your interest in Wisconsin Politics? Or are you just Trolling?

BTW, four Republican Assemblymen also voted against Walker's Bill.

5-0

Trump/ Sylvester 2012

soonercruiser
8/17/2011, 09:19 PM

Prove it, DD!
And, I don't mean an article from the Huffington Post either.

You won't even find any good statistics on all the costs to the unions and business/school production that was lost in this fiasco. Under the table thug $$! No way you'll find that out! Maybe Tony Resko knows.

hawaii 5-0
8/17/2011, 09:34 PM
Prove it, DD!
And, I don't mean an article from the Huffington Post either.

You won't even find any good statistics on all the costs to the unions and business/school production that was lost in this fiasco. Under the table thug $$! No way you'll find that out! Maybe Tony Resko knows.

Nowadays so much political contributions are covered up and protected.

I have trouble believing any of the numbers quoted by either side.

5-0

Trump/ Whiskers 2012

sappstuf
8/17/2011, 09:35 PM

No they didn't, but I will pretend they did and say this...

They met their goals of Prosser's reelection and maintaining control of the Senate. Money well spent.

hawaii 5-0
8/17/2011, 09:36 PM

They met their goals of Prosser's reelection and maintaining control of the Senate. Money well spent.

How's Prosser's Defense Fund coming along?

5-0

Trump/ DeSalvo 2012

hawaii 5-0
8/17/2011, 09:38 PM

Of course the Repubs really don't have control of the Senate.

5-0

Trump/ Polk 2012

okie52
8/17/2011, 09:43 PM
Of course the Repubs really don't have control of the Senate.

5-0

Trump/ Polk 2012

So the dems won't have to run and hide now?

hawaii 5-0
8/17/2011, 10:00 PM
So the dems won't have to run and hide now?

Correct. In fact 3 of them were recalled and all 3 won their elections.

In Wisconsin their voters call them Heroes for standing up to the Evil Empire.

5-0

Trump/ Booker 2012

sappstuf
8/17/2011, 11:29 PM

5-0

Trump/ DeSalvo 2012

Let me know when he is indicted and convicted..

Until then it is all a...

http://www.coolrom.com/screenshots/snes/Pipe%20Dream.gif

hawaii 5-0
8/17/2011, 11:55 PM
Nice graphics.

5-0

Trump/ Luke 2012

Turd_Ferguson
8/25/2011, 04:24 PM

5-0

Trump/ DeSalvo 2012Nicely, it seems...

okie52
8/25/2011, 05:05 PM
Correct. In fact 3 of them were recalled and all 3 won their elections.

In Wisconsin their voters call them Heroes for standing up to the Evil Empire.

5-0

Trump/ Booker 2012

Heroes?...well maybe in Wisconsin that is all that it takes.

hawaii 5-0
8/25/2011, 09:14 PM
Heroes?...well maybe in Wisconsin that is all that it takes.

Don't go knockin' on folks from Wisconsin. You're startin' to sound like a Whorn.

Yes, in Wisconsin they're considered Heroes by most people.

Ya know Scott Walker's popularity there is lower than Obama's? He can't go anywhere without getting ragged on.

5-0

Trump/ Bachmann's hampster 2012

okie52
8/25/2011, 10:20 PM
Don't go knockin' on folks from Wisconsin. You're startin' to sound like a Whorn.

Yes, in Wisconsin they're considered Heroes by most people.

Ya know Scott Walker's popularity there is lower than Obama's? He can't go anywhere without getting ragged on.

5-0

Trump/ Bachmann's hampster 2012

Whorns run with their tails between their legs...like these Wisconsin heroes.

hawaii 5-0
8/25/2011, 10:24 PM
Whorns run with their tails between their legs...like these Wisconsin heroes.

Actually the Wisconsin voters decided who the Heroes were.

And on top of it 2 Republicans were thrown out on their ear.

5-0

Trump/ Eustice 2012

sappstuf
8/25/2011, 10:58 PM

5-0

Trump/ Eustice 2012

Are you sure you aren't an OSU fan? Because you sure are into moral victories...

hawaii 5-0
8/25/2011, 11:34 PM
Are you sure you aren't an OSU fan? Because you sure are into moral victories...

It will be a moral victory when Scott Walker is recalled.

5-0

Trump/ Willow 2012

sappstuf
8/26/2011, 08:48 AM
It will be a moral victory when Scott Walker is recalled.

5-0

Trump/ Willow 2012

No, that would be an actual victory. Something that is well beyond the Dems and Unions in Wisconsin these days no matter how much they spend...

The reactions from the left in Wisconsin to the election results boil down to, "We outscored them in the second half, but we just ran out of time.".

Loser talk.

hawaii 5-0
8/26/2011, 10:44 AM
No, that would be an actual victory. Something that is well beyond the Dems and Unions in Wisconsin these days no matter how much they spend...

The reactions from the left in Wisconsin to the election results boil down to, "We outscored them in the second half, but we just ran out of time.".

Loser talk.

I would urge you to actually check on Scott Walker's popularity in Wisconsin right now. Independents are distancing themselves from him like crazy as are most moderate Republicans.

Your spin doesn't mean squat in Wisconsin. BTW, the trickle effect is happening now in Michigan and Ohio.

5-0

Trump/ Cecil 2012

Turd_Ferguson
8/26/2011, 10:47 AM
I would urge you to actually check on Scott Walker's popularity in Wisconsin right now. Independents are distancing themselves from him like crazy as are most moderate Republicans.

Your spin doesn't mean squat in Wisconsin. BTW, the trickle effect is happening now in Michigan and Ohio.

5-0

Trump/ Cecil 2012You, blaming somebody of "spin"...is laughable.

hawaii 5-0
8/26/2011, 10:52 AM
You, blaming somebody of "spin"...is laughable.

Have a nice laugh then. The spin is on the Repubs. They're coming after Walker.

5-0

Trump/ Mary 2012

okie52
8/26/2011, 11:24 AM

5-0

Trump/ Eustice 2012

Heroes don't always do what is popular....probably more often than not it isn't popular. State unions being busted is a heroic act...I know you are applauding it.

sappstuf
8/26/2011, 12:18 PM
I would urge you to actually check on Scott Walker's popularity in Wisconsin right now. Independents are distancing themselves from him like crazy as are most moderate Republicans.Your spin doesn't mean squat in Wisconsin. BTW, the trickle effect is happening now in Michigan and Ohio.

5-0

Trump/ Cecil 2012

Why would they distance themselves from someone who has saved school districts across the state 10s of million of dollars and has new jobs increasing across the state much faster than the nation as a whole?

Can you point to any article that says Walker's policy's have cut school jobs? There were about a million articles from the left saying it would cost jobs, but now that it has happend, that just doesn't seem to be the case. Now that the state is not collecting dues for the unions anymore, they will quickly run out of money.. Unions have already had to cut their front office jobs by 40%... While teachers across the state keep their jobs thanks to Walker's policies. Prosser and turning the Senate were the last gasp of a desperate union. It failed. I hope they spend whatever money they have left on recalling Walker. It isn't often that one gets to witness complete and utter failure, I for one, am looking forward to it.

FYI, you don't have to spin when you win. Walker is dominating right now.

OutlandTrophy
8/26/2011, 12:43 PM
stay classy, Wisconsin haters of the Governor.

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/128458763.html

hawaii 5-0
8/26/2011, 09:11 PM
Why would they distance themselves from someone who has saved school districts across the state 10s of million of dollars and has new jobs increasing across the state much faster than the nation as a whole?

Can you point to any article that says Walker's policy's have cut school jobs? There were about a million articles from the left saying it would cost jobs, but now that it has happend, that just doesn't seem to be the case. Now that the state is not collecting dues for the unions anymore, they will quickly run out of money.. Unions have already had to cut their front office jobs by 40%... While teachers across the state keep their jobs thanks to Walker's policies. Prosser and turning the Senate were the last gasp of a desperate union. It failed. I hope they spend whatever money they have left on recalling Walker. It isn't often that one gets to witness complete and utter failure, I for one, am looking forward to it.

FYI, you don't have to spin when you win. Walker is dominating right now.

Well, here's one of many.......

http://slatest.slate.com/posts/2011/06/30/wisconsin_teacher_layoffs_scott_walker_s_budget_cu ts_force_state.html

"Facing deep funding cuts, the Milwaukee public school district announced this week that it will lay off 519 employees, including 354 teachers.

The announcement comes after Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker signed a two-year budget into law on Sunday that sharply curtailed funding across the state and rolled back about $84 million in aid to Milwaukee schools."

Kenosha is another school district that is laying off teachers due to lack of funding.

As for your statement that Wisconsin "has new jobs increasing across the state much faster than the nation as a whole." Somehow the facts suggest otherwise....

http://www.jsonline.com/business/128016853.html

"The loss of 12,500 private-sector jobs last month (July) represented the biggest decline since April 2009.

According to the latest data from the state Department of Workforce Development, the state's unemployment rate rose to 7.8% in July from 7.6% in June, even as the national unemployment rate improved to 9.1% from 9.2%."

Notice that those are Private-sector jobs. Actually, in all fairness, Scott Walker created 4,000 Public-sector jobs, so the actual job loss was only 8,500 total.

Except instead of shrinking the government, Walker actually increased it and instead of promoting private-sector jobs, more were lost. A complete reversal of Walker's Budget Proposal.

It's apparent that you're clueless about politics in Wisconsin and you're just cut/pasting crap you've found on someone's blog, ie. you're making up stuff.

It's a good thing you're a Sooner or I'd have to abuse your intelligence further.

BTW, I personally know 2 teachers in Wisconsin that have been layed-off. Get real Buck-O.

5-0

Trump/ Perry's pet goat 2012

hawaii 5-0
8/26/2011, 09:20 PM
stay classy, Wisconsin haters of the Governor.

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/128458763.html

You're absolutely right. There's a lot of people that hate the Wisconsin Governor. No proof as to who glued the locks. Tea Partiers have been know to plant agitators tho. Just sayin'.

Any comment on the massive Rebulican supported campaign to distribute absentee ballots for the latest election, urging Democrats to not mail in their (fake) ballots until after the election was over?

It's gone both ways. However, we can both agree that Gov. Walker is hated by most in Wisconsin.

5-0

Trump/ Perry's favorite hamster 2012

Turd_Ferguson
8/26/2011, 09:50 PM
Buck-O....lmao

sappstuf
8/26/2011, 10:30 PM
Well, here's one of many.......

http://slatest.slate.com/posts/2011/06/30/wisconsin_teacher_layoffs_scott_walker_s_budget_cu ts_force_state.html

"Facing deep funding cuts, the Milwaukee public school district announced this week that it will lay off 519 employees, including 354 teachers.

The announcement comes after Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker signed a two-year budget into law on Sunday that sharply curtailed funding across the state and rolled back about $84 million in aid to Milwaukee schools."

Kenosha is another school district that is laying off teachers due to lack of funding.

As for your statement that Wisconsin "has new jobs increasing across the state much faster than the nation as a whole." Somehow the facts suggest otherwise....

http://www.jsonline.com/business/128016853.html

"The loss of 12,500 private-sector jobs last month (July) represented the biggest decline since April 2009.

According to the latest data from the state Department of Workforce Development, the state's unemployment rate rose to 7.8% in July from 7.6% in June, even as the national unemployment rate improved to 9.1% from 9.2%."

Notice that those are Private-sector jobs. Actually, in all fairness, Scott Walker created 4,000 Public-sector jobs, so the actual job loss was only 8,500 total.

Except instead of shrinking the government, Walker actually increased it and instead of promoting private-sector jobs, more were lost. A complete reversal of Walker's Budget Proposal.

It's apparent that you're clueless about politics in Wisconsin and you're just cut/pasting crap you've found on someone's blog, ie. you're making up stuff.

It's a good thing you're a Sooner or I'd have to abuse your intelligence further.

BTW, I personally know 2 teachers in Wisconsin that have been layed-off. Get real Buck-O.

5-0

Trump/ Perry's pet goat 2012

I'm glad you brought up the Milwaukee and Kenosha school districts, because the reason they are laying off so many when the rest of the state isn't, is very clear.

Districts across Wisconsin have been able to save teacher jobs by including modest teacher benefit contributions into their contracts. These contributions, defined in Act 10, include payments of 5.8 percent of wages towards the state pension program (which is matched by the state) and 12.6 percent of monthly health care premiums. Twelve of the state’s 15 largest districts have either approved or are in the process of negotiating contracts with these stipulations built in to save teaching jobs. Only Kenosha, Milwaukee, and Janesville have held out amongst the state’s biggest cities.

The local teachers’ union has rejected a call to make these concessions. The teachers in the city have refused to reopen the existing pact even though contracts for locally employed school secretaries, carpenters, painters, and other support staff recently inked a contract that includes the mandated contributions. In short, teachers are being protected from these concessions while other employees in the district, including substitute teachers, are making the necessary sacrifices to save jobs in Kenosha’s schools.

Kenosha Superintendent Dr. Michele Hancock has placed the blame for not reopening contract talks to include job-saving provisions on the Kenosha Education Association – the local teachers’ union. In a letter to teachers in March, Hancock reiterated that the district was in favor of amending the previous contract: “Let me state emphatically, the District has asked the KEA to reopen the contract.” However, the deal has gone unchanged so far.

The pact in question is a two-year deal that would fall under Act 10 regulations when it expires in 2013, but currently does not include the significant contribution package included in many other districts. KEA Executive Director Joe Kiriaki has been steadfast in his group’s refusal to reopen the contract that had been approved in the middle of the 2010-2011 school year. An email to teachers from his desk suggests that a growing rift between KEA and the school board may play a role in this standoff.

“What is becoming more and more clear is that the current administration is no longer interested in having a collaborative working relationship with the KEA and its leadership,” Kiriaki wrote on March 23, 2011. “They are pushing toward establishing a more adversarial relationship; and in the end this will only hurt the District, the staff, and ultimately the kids.”

The KEA’s defense of its contract has been fierce, even at the expense of the jobs of over 200 of its members. Since the district alone cannot ignite these negotiations, KEA’s refusal has left the district to figure out how to overcome a $33 million funding gap. Without negotiations and Act 10’s cost-saving tools to fall back on, this means that hundreds of full-time teachers will lose their jobs.

Because of the ‘last-in, first-out’ seniority system which the unions had previously negotiated, these cuts will affect the youngest class of teachers in the district. Many of the educators who are facing layoff notices started in 2007 or later. As a result, some of Kenosha’s most eager and brightest teachers may find themselves looking for work when August rolls around. Though there’s still time to reopen the 2011-2013 contract and retain hundreds of teachers in the district, KEA’s strong-willed refusals suggest that Kenosha’s educators are willing to cut off their noses to spite their own faces.

Should the tension between the Kenosha school board and its teachers continue, many good teachers will be out of work. While hundreds of educators will suffer, it is the 23,000 + students that will hurt the most as a result.

The reason those specific schools are laying off teachers is because the unions refuse to renegotiate the contract like all the other unions have. Those schools are not laying off teachers... Only Kenosha and Milwaukee.

Hmmm.. So if the schools and unions that are following the new law are not laying off teachers, but the districts that happen to have an old stubborn union that refuses to renegotiate ARE laying off teachers...

If that where your friends were working, then they have the union to blame. The union always looks out for the more senior, not the best. It is another reason they need to go.

Why didn't you post the graph with all of employment gains since Walker took office? It is right there in your story. I will do it for you.

http://media.jsonline.com/images/JOBS19G4.jpg

It was his first negative month. Certainly not a great month for him, but he will recover. His best month is better than his worst month is bad and they were back to back, which is a little odd. Let us see what the next 3 months bring.

I hate to break it to you, but the national unemployment rate didn't drop because people were finding jobs... It dropped because people have given up looking for jobs and are dropping out of the workforce. It is not a good comparison.

hawaii 5-0
8/27/2011, 01:05 PM
Gosh, lots of spin here.

You wanted an article about Teacher layoffs. Asked and received.

You say Walker's creating jobs. Not last month. After the big gain in jobs in June Walker made a big production of his budget's accomplishments. When the dismal July report came out with the 12,500 jobs lost Walker was conveniently nowhere to be seen. Funny that.

Keep up the Good Spin.

5-0

Trump/ Stymie 2012

okie52
8/27/2011, 01:12 PM
Gosh, lots of spin here.

You say Walker's creating jobs. Not last month. After the big gain in jobs in June Walker made a big production of his budget's accomplishments. When the dismal July report came out with the 12,500 jobs lost Walker was conveniently nowhere to be seen. Funny that.

Keep up the Good Spin.

5-0

Trump/ Stymie 2012

He should be a hero in Wisconsin then.

hawaii 5-0
8/27/2011, 01:16 PM
He should be a hero in Wisconsin then.

Well, to a lot of people he still is. About 30%, currently. However, about 70% want the scoundrel gone.

5-0

Trump/ Fitz 2012

okie52
8/27/2011, 01:35 PM
Well, to a lot of people he still is. About 30%, currently. However, about 70% want the scoundrel gone.

5-0

Trump/ Fitz 2012

Wisconsin people seem confused.

Maybe if Scott hides out longer he will endear himself to that 70%. They seem to like those tactics.

hawaii 5-0
8/27/2011, 01:48 PM
Wisconsin people seem confused.

Maybe if Scott hides out longer he will endear himself to that 70%. They seem to like those tactics.

IMO, Wisconsin people aren't confused. They feel deceived. That's what's behind all this mess.

Kinda like Obama and his promise of hope and change. If you bought that spiel hook, line and sinker you'd probably feel pretty deceived right now. A lot of indys sure bought the message. And now they're pizzed and seem to want to go back to the Bush Model of Success.

The Wisconsin people are doing something about their deception. It's an uphill climb tho.

5-0

Trump/ Perry's doily hanky 2012

sappstuf
8/27/2011, 03:25 PM
IMO, Wisconsin people aren't confused. They feel deceived. That's what's behind all this mess.

Kinda like Obama and his promise of hope and change. If you bought that spiel hook, line and sinker you'd probably feel pretty deceived right now. A lot of indys sure bought the message. And now they're pizzed and seem to want to go back to the Bush Model of Success.

The Wisconsin people are doing something about their deception. It's an uphill climb tho.

5-0

Trump/ Perry's doily hanky 2012

They sure are... They reelected Prosser and made sure that the Repubs control the Senate.

You seem to have trouble coming to terms with the messages that have been sent.

sappstuf
8/27/2011, 03:28 PM
Gosh, lots of spin here.

Keep up the Good Spin.

5-0

Trump/ Stymie 2012

And I responded with an article that pointed out that it was the union's fault in 3 areas of Wisconsin because they refused to renegotiate their contract under the new rules.

It is a great example of what would have happened all across Wisconsin if Walker would not have changed the playing field. Thousands of teachers should be thanking Scott Walker for their jobs today.

You did a great job of ignoring it.. I'm pretty sure I know why.

hawaii 5-0
8/27/2011, 03:41 PM
And I responded with an article that pointed out that it was the union's fault in 3 areas of Wisconsin because they refused to renegotiate their contract under the new rules.

It is a great example of what would have happened all across Wisconsin if Walker would not have changed the playing field. Thousands of teachers should be thanking Scott Walker for their jobs today.

You did a great job of ignoring it.. I'm pretty sure I know why.

Lemme make this simple..... Without Walker's Budget Cutting Bill there's wouldn't have been any layoffs. None. Not one. It can't be plainer.

5-0

Trump/ Perry's earwax 2012

TitoMorelli
8/27/2011, 06:13 PM

5-0

Trump/ Fitz 2012

Walker's approval rating is still underwater, with 45% approval to 53% disapproval. However, a later question asked: "Would you support or oppose recalling Scott Walker from office before his term is up?" The answer was 47% support, to 50% oppose -- down slightly from a 50%-47% support margin in a PPP survey from late May, though both are within the margin of error.

___

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/08/poll-wis-voters-getting-iffy-on-walker-recall.php

From August 16, and from a left-leaning site.

sappstuf
8/27/2011, 06:47 PM
Lemme make this simple..... Without Walker's Budget Cutting Bill there's wouldn't have been any layoffs. None. Not one. It can't be plainer.

5-0

Trump/ Perry's earwax 2012

Virtually every state is cutting spending on education and everything else because of the recession. That is the reality.

You named two school districts that had cut major jobs in Wisconsin. Do you think it is coincidence that those are 2 of the 3 districts where the unions would not renegotiate their existing contracts?

TheHumanAlphabet
8/27/2011, 11:14 PM
I'm going to Rhinelander next weekend. I'll give everyone an update on the politics their.

hawaii 5-0
8/28/2011, 01:33 AM
I'm going to Rhinelander next weekend. I'll give everyone an update on the politics their.

Have a fun Friday fish fry. Bring back squeeky curds.

5-0

Trump/ Kohler 2012

GrapevineSooner
8/28/2011, 08:38 AM
Walker's approval rating is still underwater, with 45% approval to 53% disapproval. However, a later question asked: "Would you support or oppose recalling Scott Walker from office before his term is up?" The answer was 47% support, to 50% oppose -- down slightly from a 50%-47% support margin in a PPP survey from late May, though both are within the margin of error.

___

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/08/poll-wis-voters-getting-iffy-on-walker-recall.php

From August 16, and from a left-leaning site.

But you see, the GOP or the Koch Brothers, or somebody else caught wind of this poll and put plants in the homes of the people who were called. And they answered the phone before the actual home owners could!!!

SanJoaquinSooner
8/28/2011, 12:28 PM
IN NEW JERSEY, similar issues....

A $60,000-a-year teacher would pay $900 for a $19,000 policy, with taxpayers picking up the other $18,100. This year the Democratic-controlled Legislature, with Gov. Chris Christie's prodding, has agreed to cutting benefits for 750,000 state employees and retirees, increasing current employees’ health care and pension contributions, suspending cost-of-living increases and raising retirement ages. Projected savings: $120 billion over 30 years.

hawaii 5-0
8/28/2011, 01:44 PM
Let's see how things progress this Fall. Instead of initiating most of his Budget Cutting Bill's measures last Spring when the Bill was passed and later ruled on by the Supreme Court, Walker decided to wait till the Recall Elections were over and things had cooled off a bit.

Once the changes take effect we'll see how the public reacts.

5-0

Trump/ Perry's fistula 2012

TheHumanAlphabet
8/29/2011, 11:56 AM
You know it... Love me some fried cheese curds.

badger
11/14/2011, 03:15 PM
You know it... Love me some fried cheese curds.

And now to recycle this thread... they're apparently gonna do midnight recall sig collection tonight.

Link (http://newsok.com/dems-plan-midnight-launch-for-wis.-governor-recall/article/feed/317378?custom_click=headlines_widget)

I have no doubt that they'll get the necessary signatures. What I severely doubt is if they'll recall the governor.

11/14/2011, 03:55 PM

And now to recycle this thread... they're apparently gonna do midnight recall sig collection tonight.

Link (http://newsok.com/dems-plan-midnight-launch-for-wis.-governor-recall/article/feed/317378?custom_click=headlines_widget)

I have no doubt that they'll get the necessary signatures. What I severely doubt is if they'll recall the governor.tHE lEFT PULLED OFF A RECALL ELECTION HERE IN az, THE pRES of the State Senate was recalled, in a heavily R district. He was beaten by another R, but it's very unlikely the new guy is as big a stickler for immigration law. It was an ugly election, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if some pinkish organizations pulled some shenanigans. Hell, the whole thing had the appearance of a shenanigan.

hawaii 5-0
11/16/2011, 12:18 AM
I've stayed off the political forum since football started. This is mainly a football board and I'd rather keep my thoughts on that topic.

I had some time on my hands last summer and enjoyed throwing the BS around.

However, I realized that the name calling didn't suit me when it concerned other Sooners. I also realized a lot of the back and forth was just a bunch of cut-paste jobs without much substance. The right wingnut circle jerk was fun to sit back and watch. Most of my rants have been related to Wisconsin and its politics. I've followed the action up there for several years now. Tho I'm not registered to vote there, I pay taxes there so I also have a direct interest in the outcome of events happening there. I've got family and friends directly affected by Walker and the Fitz Bros' bidding of the Kochsters will.

Now that the petitions are out there and 4 more Repubs will be up for recall as well as Walker and his Lt. Gov. I'll be updating things as they develop.

Trump/ Sandusky 2012

5-0

badger
11/16/2011, 08:57 AM
tHE lEFT PULLED OFF A RECALL ELECTION HERE IN az, THE pRES of the State Senate was recalled, in a heavily R district. He was beaten by another R, but it's very unlikely the new guy is as big a stickler for immigration law. It was an ugly election, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if some pinkish organizations pulled some shenanigans. Hell, the whole thing had the appearance of a shenanigan.

I read about that --- the Mormon district, right? The new guy apparently was getting mob-like treatment since the old dude had been in office so long, getting stuff thrown at him and such around town?

11/16/2011, 01:55 PM
I read about that --- the Mormon district, right? The new guy apparently was getting mob-like treatment since the old dude had been in office so long, getting stuff thrown at him and such around town?The old guy was a stickler for enforcing immigration laws, and the illegal(democrat) organization was responsible for getting him ousted. They were able to pull it off. I don't know anything about the new R who replaced Russell Pearce. The State Senate R's have elected a new President, so it remains to be seen what will happen from here on.

badger
11/16/2011, 03:06 PM
The old guy was a stickler for enforcing immigration laws, and the illegal(democrat) organization was responsible for getting him ousted. They were able to pull it off. I don't know anything about the new R who replaced Russell Pearce. The State Senate R's have elected a new President, so it remains to be seen what will happen from here on.

From what I read, he has the exact same views politically as his "opponent" but is not as crazy as the one ousted. So it sounds win-win for both sides --- Dems get rid of a longtime enemy, and Republicans get someone they can be less embarrassed of.

11/16/2011, 04:06 PM
From what I read, he has the exact same views politically as his "opponent" but is not as crazy as the one ousted. So it sounds win-win for both sides --- Dems get rid of a longtime enemy, and Republicans get someone they can be less embarrassed of.It was a political hit by the combined D arsenal. Pearce is a fine man, and the opposite of crazy, so far as I can tell. Dems effectively destroyed him, politically. Time will tell what the new R leadership will do. Pearce is one of those guys who knows the real nature of the D's, and fought them like they fight the R's. With the media in the D's camp here, just like everywhere, he was taken down.

11/17/2011, 06:48 PM
Here's a fund-raising email I recently received from Sherrif Joe Arpaio. Yes, THAT sheriff Joe:

Dear Friends & Supporters:

You may have heard by now that my dear friend state Senator Russell Pearce was removed from office here in Arizona by a group of liberal, left-wing agitators. Their stated purpose for removing him was because he was too "extreme" when it came to enforcing illegal immigration laws.

I think it's a sad day for our country when anyone thinks standing up for the Rule of Law is a sign of extremism.

But what's more than sad, what's really outright dangerous is that this same group of people is now making political threats against anyone who dares go against their liberal agenda. They've now become emboldened that they can usurp the regular political process and begin recalling elected officials from office. You see this unfolding in other states around the country.

These radicals know they can't win a regularly scheduled election so they manipulate the process in order to win.

And guess who they say is next on their list. That's right, me!

Just a few days after the recall election, the organizer of the effort, Randy Parraz, said this about me:

"If he wants to go down with Russell Pearce, so be it. We are tired of the image of Arizona being tarnished with the likes of Pearce and Arpaio," Parraz said. "The question is not how are we going to go after him, the question is how is he going to behave."

BEHAVE? Do you see how arrogant these people are? Mr. Parraz is the same guy that has been leading demonstrations against me for years. I'm not going to back down from doing the job I was elected to do by the people because Mr. Parraz and his immigration attorney friends believe in open borders and amnesty.

The mainstream media now can't control themselves. They are giddy at the prospect of me being recalled. Already, they are writing my political obituary. They have all bought into this misconception that the issue of combating illegal immigration is dead. They are wrong!

The good, law-abiding citizens of this country are fed up with illegal immigration, drug-trafficking and human smuggling. For years, I've been enforcing our state and federal laws to combat these crimes and I’m not about to stop now.

I won't back down one inch from upholding my oath to the Constitutions of Arizona and the United States. Not from Barack Obama, not from the drug cartels and certainly not from the likes of Randy Parraz.

Will you join me in this fight? Battling this recall is going to be costly. Your support has always been so greatly appreciated, but it's critical you now stand by my side in this hour of need.

Please contribute today. I have to rely on good people like you for their support and prayers. Your contribution will show I have the strength of the people on my side.

We cannot let those who want to see our country weakened beat us at the ballot box. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope you'll respond today.

Sincerely,

Sheriff Joe Arpaio
Maricopa County, Arizona

P.S. Please do not delete this email. It's important that we begin to prepare now for a costly recall election. In addition to contributing, please send this email to at least five or six of your friends who share our commitment to supporting the Rule of Law. Again, I thank you.

Paid for by Re-Elect Joe Arpaio 2012

badger
11/17/2011, 06:57 PM
My goodness, another recall?! Well, can't really hate it entirely for people actually participating in the political process I guess :(

By the way, I peeked at wire stories on the Wisconsin recall... they're collecting sigs now, yes, but without a successor to Walker in mind should the recall be successful.

Wisconsin does not have term limits for governors, so they could try to coax Walker's predecessor, Jim Doyle, outta retirement. Or, if Republicans are upset with Walker (the entire Wisconsin legislature is apparently approved by only 37 percent of that state right now, heh), they could also try to convince Doyle's last opponent (former Rep. Mark Green I think) to run... doubt that would happen, though.

Regardless of whether we're talking about the Ohio unions, or Obamacare, or the Arizona dude, or Wisconsin's governor, the message is clear: Legislatures cannot push unpopular legislation down voters' throats and expect to get away with it.

A new era of voters holding elected officials accountable? Whether you're a D or an R, you have to like that.

11/17/2011, 07:12 PM
My goodness, another recall?! Well, can't really hate it entirely for people actually participating in the political process I guess :(

By the way, I peeked at wire stories on the Wisconsin recall... they're collecting sigs now, yes, but without a successor to Walker in mind should the recall be successful.

Wisconsin does not have term limits for governors, so they could try to coax Walker's predecessor, Jim Doyle, outta retirement. Or, if Republicans are upset with Walker (the entire Wisconsin legislature is apparently approved by only 37 percent of that state right now, heh), they could also try to convince Doyle's last opponent (former Rep. Mark Green I think) to run... doubt that would happen, though.

Regardless of whether we're talking about the Ohio unions, or Obamacare, or the Arizona dude, or Wisconsin's governor, the message is clear: Legislatures cannot push unpopular legislation down voters' throats and expect to get away with it.

A new era of voters holding elected officials accountable? Whether you're a D or an R, you have to like that.I'm afraid you totally "misunderestimate" the corruption and media collusion that has come into play in our political process.

hawaii 5-0
11/17/2011, 10:35 PM

A new era of voters holding elected officials accountable? Whether you're a D or an R, you have to like that.

I think Wisky voters would have been more than OK with Walker actually pretending to be Bipartisan. Instead he took this off year election as a message the People wanted all the changes requested by the Kochsters. He didn't have the People's mandate as far as he went with his new changes.

Now 2 Republican Senators have already lost their seats in the legislature and 4 more are up for Recall, including one of the Fitz Brothers (who I doubt will lose).

I don't know if Walker will actually lose his job but there will be a recall election and I think the message has been sent.

I also think the tide will turn in the Senate, preventing further mandates of the Koch Brothers and their puppet Governor.

BTW, expect lots of dirty tricks by the Republicans to derail the voter's chances of a fair recall. So far we've already got fake petition gatherers who have promised to burn the petitions they get signed.

Stay tuned.....
5-0

Turd_Ferguson
11/17/2011, 10:58 PM
I think Wisky voters would have been more than OK with Walker actually pretending to be Bipartisan. Instead he took this off year election as a message the People wanted all the changes requested by the Kochsters. He didn't have the People's mandate as far as he went with his new changes.

Now 2 Republican Senators have already lost their seats in the legislature and 4 more are up for Recall, including one of the Fitz Brothers (who I doubt will lose).

I don't know if Walker will actually lose his job but there will be a recall election and I think the message has been sent.

I also think the tide will turn in the Senate, preventing further mandates of the Koch Brothers and their puppet Governor.

BTW, expect lots of dirty tricks by the Republicans to derail the voter's chances of a fair recall. So far we've already got fake petition gatherers who have promised to burn the petitions they get signed.

Stay tuned.....
5-0

So, if he doesn't get recalled...does that send a message?

badger
11/18/2011, 08:30 AM

Yes, I'd say so. If a bunch of your superiors at work signed a document that said that they wanted you fired, and you barely squeak by with upper management reviewing you job performance and are allowed to stay, wouldn't you feel a bit off?

TheHumanAlphabet
11/18/2011, 10:36 AM

5-0

You rail about the Koch brothers, do you rail against Soros and his attempts to change the country and turn us into his Homeland of Greece?

hawaii 5-0
11/18/2011, 02:49 PM

There will be no limit on the amount of funds given for a recall election.

We're talking about a Koch Brothers Blank Check.

That in itself can buy an awful lotta votes.

Right now the split is about 60% against Walker and about 40% for Walker. Lots of Repubs are now distancing themselves from his tactics.

To make a guarantee that Walker will be overthrown would be foolish.

As Badger has already said, I don't see a worthwhile replacement for da Bum waiting in the wings either. Maybe someone within the Legislature will step up.

Meanwhile, the petitions are being amassed.....

5-0

hawaii 5-0
11/18/2011, 02:50 PM
You rail about the Koch brothers, do you rail against Soros and his attempts to change the country and turn us into his Homeland of Greece?

Yeah, I can't stand George Soros either.

Now, are YOU ready to denounce the Koch Brothers?

Step right up.

5-0

11/18/2011, 03:10 PM
Now, are YOU ready to denounce the Koch Brothers?

For attempting to destroy the private sector?...oh wait, it's the OTHER camp that is doing that...

soonercruiser
11/18/2011, 04:15 PM
For attempting to destroy the private sector?...oh wait, it's the OTHER camp that is doing that...

Yup! Another liberal trap?
(Like, when did you stop beating you wife 5-O?)

11/18/2011, 04:38 PM
Yup! Another liberal trap?
(Like, when did you stop beating you wife 5-O?)The Moral Equivalence thingy, equating the Left and the Right as equally flawed. No, sorry Lefties, Capitalism and Freedom are GOOD. Authoritarianism and socialism/fascism are BAD! It's "rocket science", ya know?!?!?

hawaii 5-0
11/18/2011, 05:49 PM
Just showing that I'm not a Lib. Haven't thought of myself as one since I was about 25 years old.

I don't buy the straight Lib line. Don't buy the Far Right line either.

I've been a Moderate for 30+ years. I'll decide issue by issue.

BTW, let someone touch my wife, child or Mother and they'll see how Liberal I am. I'll call the ACLU right after I've taken the scalawag out back and pistol-whipped them. Gosh, I guess that doesn't fit the Party line now does it?

5-0

Turd_Ferguson
11/18/2011, 07:41 PM
Just showing that I'm not a Lib. Haven't thought of myself as one since I was about 25 years old.

BTW, let someone touch my wife, child or Mother and they'll see how Liberal I am. I'll call the ACLU right after I've taken the scalawag out back and pistol-whipped them. Gosh, I guess that doesn't fit the Party line now does it?

5-0

Showing your internet balls...go tit. Now, back to the questions...if he doesn't get recalled...does that send a message?

soonercruiser
11/18/2011, 10:19 PM

5-0

Calling the ACLU does! That is left side moderate!
If you are conservative, you call the ACLJ to get your Constitutional rights back!
:love-struck:

hawaii 5-0
11/19/2011, 12:51 AM
Showing your internet balls...go tit. Now, back to the questions...if he doesn't get recalled...does that send a message?

Whaddya mean by recalled? Will there be a recall election? Yes.
They need about 550,000 signatures. They're shooting for a million.

If Walker wins the recall election it could mean a lot of things.

5-0

hawaii 5-0
11/19/2011, 12:57 AM
Walker promised more jobs. The last 4 months in a row Wisconsin has actually lost private sector jobs.

Hell, even his neighbors across the street from his residence let protestors park in their driveways and set up petition booths. He's not even popular in his own neighborhood.

Just sayin'...........

5-0

11/23/2011, 03:37 PM
I heard night before last on a local tv station that the same organization which is responsible for initiating and driving the recall for AZ senate president
Russell Pearce is now going after Sheriff Arpaio and gov. Jan Brewer. It's entirely about promoting illegal entry into the USA, here in AZ.

hawaii 5-0
11/24/2011, 12:16 AM
I heard night before last on a local tv station that the same organization which is responsible for initiating and driving the recall for AZ senate president
Russell Pearce is now going after Sheriff Arpaio and gov. Jan Brewer. It's entirely about promoting illegal entry into the USA, here in AZ.

Maybe you could read the title next time before ranting. This is the Wisconsin Recall Thread.

May I suggest you start another thread if you're really concerned about the happennings in Arizona?
5-0

11/24/2011, 12:21 AM
Maybe you could read the title next time before ranting. This is the Wisconsin Recall Thread.

May I suggest you start another thread if you're really concerned about the happennings in Arizona?
5-0You were brought off iggy 'cause I knew you had some good advice for me. Thank you so much.haha

11/24/2011, 12:28 AM
I'm not really so sure that union control of our economy is any more important than total abuse of our immigration laws, anyway. Do you think it is?

hawaii 5-0
11/24/2011, 10:46 AM
No fishing today, thank you.

5-0

hawaii 5-0
11/28/2011, 12:36 AM
250,000 Recall Walker Petition signees already after just two weeks.

That's half-way there if anyone is counting. Some estimates are that they want to get a round million people signed up.

Stay tuned......

5-0

11/28/2011, 02:20 AM
250,000 Recall Walker Petition signees already after just two weeks.

That's half-way there if anyone is counting. Some estimates are that they want to get a round million people signed up.

Stay tuned......

5-0Don't see why you're so excited about promoting bankruptcy, but then, Libs have always been logically challenged.

hawaii 5-0
11/29/2011, 10:52 PM
Over 300,000 signatures in just 12 days.

20,000 volunteers to collect signatures. None are paid for their time and effort.

They just want their State back.

Stay tuned.......

Cain/Sandusky 2012

5-0

Turd_Ferguson
11/29/2011, 11:03 PM
Cain/Sandusky 2012

5-0I see your a real classy ****er...

soonercruiser
11/29/2011, 11:21 PM

20,000 volunteers to collect signatures. None are paid for their time and effort.

Stay tuned.......

Cain/Sandusky 2012

5-0
And the opponents are....

Obama/Carter

TitoMorelli
11/30/2011, 12:34 AM

Stay tuned.......

Cain/Sandusky 2012

5-0

No one took their state from them. What they want is to overturn the legal process for selecting people for public office, because they didn't get their way in the last election. Bunch of crybabies.

hawaii 5-0
11/30/2011, 12:55 AM
I see your a real classy ****er...

One has no respect for women. The other has no respect for little boys.

Neither have any class. Neither deserve respect, tho some defend their actions till proven guilty.

Some people never learn. I'll just keep reminding people of the hyprocrisy.

You're welcome to support them if you wish. I'll support your 1st Amendment rights to do so.

Meanwhile, keep trolling me. That's classy.

Turd/turd 2012

5-0

hawaii 5-0
11/30/2011, 12:56 AM
No one took their state from them. What they want is to overturn the legal process for selecting people for public office, because they didn't get their way in the last election. Bunch of crybabies.

This statement of yours is so off the political map it's not getting a decent response. Do some homework.

5-0

TitoMorelli
11/30/2011, 10:38 AM
This statement of yours is so off the political map it's not getting a decent response. Do some homework.

5-0

Or it could be that you're the only one on this thread who thinks otherwise. Why don't you start a poll?

11/30/2011, 10:56 AM
No one took their state from them. What they want is to overturn the legal process for selecting people for public office, because they didn't get their way in the last election. Bunch of crybabies.They would be satisfied with union control of everything...as if that could last indefinitely.

sappstuf
6/6/2012, 05:02 AM
Bump.

Fun reading for the sheer amount of fail involved.

I will be man enough to admit I was wrong... I didn't think the Dems would be so dumb as to try to recall Walker after going 0-2 when it was clear the public had sided with the Repubs. I was wrong.

I should have followed Bullet Tooth Tony's advice.

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Well said Tony, well said.

sappstuf
6/6/2012, 05:23 AM
Yes, I'd say so. If a bunch of your superiors at work signed a document that said that they wanted you fired, and you barely squeak by with upper management reviewing you job performance and are allowed to stay, wouldn't you feel a bit off?

What if upper management supported you by an even larger number than voted to hire you in the first place?

sappstuf
6/6/2012, 05:27 AM

Stay tuned...........

5-0

Trump/ Nicholaus 2012

Can you please update us on both the recall and the impending arrest of Judge Prosser? That impending arrest was 9 months ago.. I'm sure he has been convicted by now.

cleller
6/7/2012, 08:11 AM
It does sound like the recall changed a few minds, and accomplished a few goals. Walker's re-election campaign seems like the big winner.

That's democracy for ya.

hawaii 5-0
6/7/2012, 10:23 PM
Can you please update us on both the recall and the impending arrest of Judge Prosser? That impending arrest was 9 months ago.. I'm sure he has been convicted by now.

Since I feel this isn't a legitimate inquiry and just your attempt to act like an azzhole I'll decline to answer at this time.

Just that you spent your time looking this thread up puts you in the eighth grader section. You should make an attempt to grow up.

Anyone else who is truly interested in Prosser's current situation can easily look it up. It remains a very interesting blend of judicial procedure and politics.

5-0

Turd_Ferguson
6/7/2012, 10:31 PM
Since I feel this isn't a legitimate inquiry and just your attempt to act like an azzhole I'll decline to answer at this time.

Just that you spent your time looking this thread up puts you in the eighth grader section. You should make an attempt to grow up.

Anyone else who is truly interested in Prosser's current situation can easily look it up. It remains a very interesting blend of judicial procedure and politics.

5-0Say's the azzhole that started not one, but two of these threads because he was absolutely, positively sure that the fine Dem's of Wisconsin were going to rise up and take back their union control...lmao. So, -50...was this a "hate crime pure and simple"? lmmfao!!!

hawaii 5-0
6/7/2012, 10:45 PM
Say's the azzhole that started not one, but two of these threads because he was absolutely, positively sure that the fine Dem's of Wisconsin were going to rise up and take back their union control...lmao. So, -50...was this a "hate crime pure and simple"? lmmfao!!!

The first was buried so deep I chose not to look it up. Simple.

I'll keep giving my opinions. It's my perogative.

I've always been the first to admit I'm not perfect. No one is.

You and others can continue taking what I say as fact and trying to put words in my mouth . It's what azzholes do.

Yes, I've noticed you've given me lots of neg spek without publicly commenting. Classy guy. You're like the yapping miniature schnauzer behind the locked screen door.

'turd' fits more than your screen name.

5-0

sappstuf
6/10/2012, 06:43 AM

5-0

It has been a few days, so you should be over being butt-hurt. Can you now fill us in on the arrest of Prosser and where in the judicial system his case is currently at?

Turd_Ferguson
6/10/2012, 01:16 PM

5-0I'm with Sap on this...if it remains a very interesting blend of judicial procedures and politics, why can't I find anything recent about it?

Tulsa_Fireman
6/10/2012, 02:52 PM
It's a conspiracy by THE MAN to keep you uninformed.

sappstuf
6/11/2012, 12:57 AM
It's a conspiracy by THE MAN to keep you uninformed.

And "THE MAN" is obviously Scott Walker...

SicEmBaylor
6/11/2012, 01:23 AM
And "THE MAN" is obviously Scott Walker...
And he is definitely a man, but is he 40?

badger
6/11/2012, 12:20 PM
Bump.

Fun reading for the sheer amount of fail involved.

I will be man enough to admit I was wrong... I didn't think the Dems would be so dumb as to try to recall Walker after going 0-2 when it was clear the public had sided with the Repubs. I was wrong.

Was I right? I don't recall (nyuck nyuck) but I do remember it being fun talking about my birth state on here for a good while.

I hope that Gov. Walker takes this recall effort, even in its failure, as a reminder that he serves all of Wisconsin, not just Republicans.

Outside-of-Wisconsin groups that funded efforts to disrupt Wisconsin's government should also learn to butt out. I'm talking about those that helped Democrats jump the Wisconsin border to prevent the collective bargaining legislation from going through (they got it go through anyway, idiots), those that influenced Wisconsin's Republicans to push through unpopular legislation, those that funded the recall efforts of Republican and Democratic legislators alike... the list goes on.

Wisconsin is a tiny state compared to your Californias, TexASSes, New Yorks and Floridas. Don't play your political games in a kiddie sandbox when you should be playing it on a massive beachside resort. Leave my beloved badger state alone!

soonercruiser
6/11/2012, 09:13 PM
What Badger is trying to say is.....

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn212/SoonerCruiser_photos/Political/flag1.jpg