PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather Lewis play against FSU or *?

Dwight
8/9/2011, 02:02 PM
Hypothetically speaking, if Travis Lewis was healthy enough to only play in one of these games, which would you prefer? I would pick FSU.

OUInformant
8/9/2011, 02:08 PM
Hypothetically speaking, if Travis Lewis was healthy enough to only play in one of these games, which would you prefer? I would pick FSU.

Probably Texas, because they are in the conference. We have to win the conference to play in a BCS game, let alone the title game.

I'm not real high on FSU either, which factors into my views. I don't think EJ Manuel is a very good QB, as I've seen him play. He doesn't scare me at all. Though we played at home a year ago, they couldn't move the ball with Ponder at QB, and he was quite a bit better than Manuel, IMO.

Soonerntxs
8/9/2011, 02:10 PM
For me FSU, for him well, I think the choice is * after hearing him talk on the radio!

Boomer.....
8/9/2011, 02:10 PM
FSU. They present a tougher challenge and it's on the road.

Illuminati
8/9/2011, 02:11 PM
FSU. No hesitation

NormanPride
8/9/2011, 02:13 PM
Yup. Our season does not revolve around our rivals. It revolves around the chance at #8.

thecrimsoncrusader
8/9/2011, 02:14 PM
FSU. Moreso because I want that leadership for the road game. Texas still has a big question mark in regards to the ground game until they prove otherwise with the new coaching, system and potential of Brown. FSU isn't exactly a daunting ground attack or offense in general, but I like having that leadership on the road and it's a such an early game in the season. I think there will be a big difference in Corey Nelson between game #2 and game #5.

badger
8/9/2011, 02:14 PM
Travis needs to be in Dallas. It's his golden hat, after all.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/photo_images/1250431/48442_Texas_Oklahoma_Football.jpg

Come to think of it... did anyone else get to touch the hat after that game? Maybe Travis still has it :D

sooner_born_1960
8/9/2011, 02:18 PM
I think this is a stupid hypothetical.

NormanPride
8/9/2011, 02:39 PM
Your face is a stupid hypothetical.

oudavid1
8/9/2011, 05:26 PM
I always think of the scene from "The Express" when the coach asks them what team they want to face in their bowl game.

Texas.

The Maestro
8/9/2011, 05:50 PM
I think this is a stupid hypothetical.

Well, the above statement is right because...if he is back for FSU he will be back for Texas.

I get your point...but this will never be an either/or proposition.

delhalew
8/9/2011, 06:03 PM
Well, the above statement is right because...if he is back for FSU he will be back for Texas.

I get your point...but this will never be an either/or proposition.

Unless he comes back to early, and does more damage.

Sooner_Tuf
8/9/2011, 06:37 PM
Hypothetically I would like for him to play in every game.

JLEW1818
8/9/2011, 06:44 PM
Probably Texas, because they are in the conference. We have to win the conference to play in a BCS game, let alone the title game.

I'm not real high on FSU either, which factors into my views. I don't think EJ Manuel is a very good QB, as I've seen him play. He doesn't scare me at all. Though we played at home a year ago, they couldn't move the ball with Ponder at QB, and he was quite a bit better than Manuel, IMO.

2001 Nebraska, and 2003 OU :D

Soonerfan88
8/9/2011, 07:01 PM
Hypothetically I would like for him to play in every game.

Me too. or +1 or This or whatever I'm supposed to say on the internets.

Realistically, I would like him to take whatever time he needs to completely heal and not use painkillers to come back too early, leading to extended pain, leading to more painkillers, etc. I think we learned that lesson well enough from Box.