PDA

View Full Version : Sorry bastage is looking fer a Payday

olevetonahill
8/9/2011, 08:20 AM
Off the deaths of Kids . Worthless POS :mad:

http://www.newson6.com/story/15233779/father-of-3-drowned-ny-kids-to-sue-city-county

sooner_born_1960
8/9/2011, 08:27 AM
I wonder how one could even build a boat ramp that wouldn't allow someone to drive into the body of water.

olevetonahill
8/9/2011, 08:32 AM
I guess we should have guards at every boat ramp in America asking people if they are just going fishing or planning on feeding the fish.:rolleyes:

saucysoonergal
8/9/2011, 08:32 AM
I think the lawsuit was against child services for failure to monitor the looney-tunes woman, not for a defective boat ramp. He should have fought harder for his kids in the divorce.

sooner_born_1960
8/9/2011, 08:35 AM
Jean Pierre has filed a notice of claim alleging the city of Newburgh permitted a dangerous condition at its waterfront boat ramp that allowed LaShanda Armstrong to drive her van into the river
Sounds to me like he's blaming it on the unsupervised boat ramp.

olevetonahill
8/9/2011, 08:35 AM
I think the lawsuit was against child services for failure to monitor the looney-tunes woman, not for a defective boat ramp. He should have fought harder for his kids in the divorce.

Not what this says baby.

The Times Herald-Record of Middletown (http://bit.ly/pmCRpq ) reports Jean Pierre has filed a notice of claim alleging the city of Newburgh permitted a dangerous condition at its waterfront boat ramp that allowed LaShanda Armstrong to drive her van into the river on the night of April 12.

;)

saucysoonergal
8/9/2011, 08:37 AM
Pierre, Armstrong's estranged boyfriend, claims Orange County's Department of Child Protective Services had the responsibility to monitor the 25-year-old woman.

What about this line?

sooner_born_1960
8/9/2011, 08:38 AM
We'll pick the lines that matter. Not you!

sooner_born_1960
8/9/2011, 08:40 AM
City and county. The city for the boat ramp. The county for failing to monitor the yainch.

olevetonahill
8/9/2011, 08:43 AM
Pierre, Armstrong's estranged boyfriend, claims Orange County's Department of Child Protective Services had the responsibility to monitor the 25-year-old woman.

What about this line?

Monitor as in they should have had some with her at all times ?

Oh and good one Mark:cool:

MsProudSooner
8/9/2011, 08:47 AM
If he's the estranged boyfriend, there was no divorce.

olevetonahill
8/9/2011, 08:48 AM

Yup

MsProudSooner
8/9/2011, 08:51 AM
I'm having a hard time deciding who is worse. This guy or the guy whose wife killed herself and several others by driving the wrong way on the expressway - while drunk and high on mj. The guy whose wife drove the wrong way is suing the parents of the other kids who were killed.

olevetonahill
8/9/2011, 08:56 AM
I'm having a hard time deciding who is worse. This guy or the guy whose wife killed herself and several others by driving the wrong way on the expressway - while drunk and high on mj. The guy whose wife drove the wrong way is suing the parents of the other kids who were killed.

What? Link please

StoopTroup
8/9/2011, 09:03 AM

MJ is fine behind the wheel. It actually makes people better drivers. It's that darn likker that's the killer.

MsProudSooner
8/9/2011, 09:53 AM
What? Link please

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-07-27-wrongway-ny-crash-suit_n.htm

Pricetag
8/9/2011, 12:59 PM
Holy ****. The guy is actually suing the parents of three of the kids his wife killed because it was their minivan. What a piece of crap.

olevetonahill
8/9/2011, 01:31 PM
These two are Doosh rocket Deluxe.

OUDoc
8/9/2011, 01:39 PM
Do these people have lawyers representing their cases?

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/9/2011, 01:42 PM
If I was a judge, I would not only throw these cases out..I would sue them for wasting my time ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/9/2011, 01:44 PM
I can't imagine pitching that one to a lawyer. "So see my wife was drunk driving on the wrong side of the road, I would like to sue the guy who was on the right side of the road and sober" The lawyer says, "well of course I will take this case...need money up front first though"

Wishboned
8/9/2011, 02:04 PM
I read that story, and with all the different lawsuits against everyone I felt like I needed a flowchart or a map to keep track of it.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/9/2011, 02:51 PM
I wonder how one could even build a boat ramp that wouldn't allow someone to drive into the body of water.

This is what I was thinking. In this part of the country, this lawsuit would be quickly over and thrown out, in NY I don't know?

TheHumanAlphabet
8/9/2011, 02:53 PM
Sounds to me like he's blaming it on the unsupervised boat ramp.

He has fired a legal shotgun, going after CPS as well. He's looking for something to stick or someone to settle...Still, a POS.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/9/2011, 02:54 PM

Don't be making babies with someone who ain't your spouse.

saucysoonergal
8/9/2011, 03:31 PM
Don't be making babies with someone who ain't your spouse.

amen.

Also, he should have sued for custody if he was worried about this crazy yainch! ;)

soonercruiser
8/9/2011, 05:07 PM
I propose that we reinact the incident; and have Jean Pierre drive a car into the river with rusty door locks.

Midtowner
8/9/2011, 05:17 PM
The media is pretty well known for taking press releases from tort-reform sorts of operations and running with them as if they were reality. This sounds extremely spun. Best not to jump to conclusions until you actually know something about the case.

There are definitely asshats out there who file frivolous actions (e.g., the honorable asshat who filed a multimillion dollar lawsuit over some lost pants). In this case, however, based on what facts could exist, there might actually be some actionable material.

A lot of these things were probably just now filed because the statute of limitations was coming up and the lawyers hadn't finished investigating their case, and they would have been potentially committing malpractice not to get something filed.

As for the 40-million, it may be required in NY that you plead damages with some degree of specificity, or at least you might be capped at the dollar amount you put in your pleadings. I seriously doubt his lawyers think this is a case where he's going to win 8 figures because of a faulty guardrail.

saucysoonergal
8/10/2011, 09:19 AM
Midtowner, do you do a lot of dog bite cases? ;)

Midtowner
8/10/2011, 09:53 AM
Midtowner, do you do a lot of dog bite cases? ;)

I ain't too proud to take a good one.

Dog bite cases are pretty easy. Strict liability. You don't even have to prove negligence. If the dog bit the plaintiff and it's the defendant's dog, the defendant has to pay damages.

olevetonahill
8/10/2011, 09:56 AM
I ain't too proud to take a good one.

Dog bite cases are pretty easy. Strict liability. You don't even have to prove negligence. If the dog bit the plaintiff and it's the defendant's dog, the defendant has to pay damages.

Heres one for ya.

A puppy dumper dumps a dog out here where I live in the sticks. I choose to feed it and try to find it a Home , In the meantime it bites a trespasser . What happens?

sooner_born_1960
8/10/2011, 10:17 AM
No fences?

olevetonahill
8/10/2011, 10:35 AM
No fences?

No, but Da Hill is Posted

OU_Sooners75
8/10/2011, 10:35 AM
MJ is fine behind the wheel. It actually makes people better drivers. It's that darn likker that's the killer.

Friday before the 4th of July, a 3 year old child is killed in a car accident on highway 11 just west of Blackwell, OK.

The driver was high on MJ. rear ended the car with the child. The intoxicated driver was traveling over 100 mph. The car with child tried to merge right onto the shoulder, the intoxicated woman thought the road turned there so she followed the car over. The baby was literally thrown from her carseat and found dead on floorboard of the car in back seat!

sooner_born_1960
8/10/2011, 10:39 AM
No fences might work to your advantage, as any stray dog could walk up. They'd have a tough time proving it was your dog.

sooner_born_1960
8/10/2011, 10:40 AM
No, but Da Hill is Posted

I don't think dogs are expected to be able to read.

olevetonahill
8/10/2011, 10:49 AM
I don't think dogs are expected to be able to read.

But the signs are Multilingual , English , Beaner and Doginese ;)

Midtowner
8/10/2011, 10:07 PM
Heres one for ya.

A puppy dumper dumps a dog out here where I live in the sticks. I choose to feed it and try to find it a Home , In the meantime it bites a trespasser . What happens?

If it's your dog, you're liable.

olevetonahill
8/10/2011, 10:19 PM
If it's your dog, you're liable.

Legally 'What" makes it MY dog?

diverdog
8/10/2011, 10:23 PM
Off the deaths of Kids . Worthless POS :mad:

http://www.newson6.com/story/15233779/father-of-3-drowned-ny-kids-to-sue-city-county

Newburgh is a real crap hole. The only good things near there is West Point and Orange County Choppers.

Midtowner
8/10/2011, 10:45 PM

That'd be your defense. Let the judge decide.

MsProudSooner2
8/10/2011, 11:12 PM

If all you did was feed it, you might be OK. But if you do like we did - get every stray that hung around for more than a week vaccinated - you might be in trouble. The ex and I both had rabies shots when we were kids and we weren't going to risk that for our kids.

olevetonahill
8/10/2011, 11:57 PM
Sheat, A dog is just an animal. They need food , shelter and protection.
IF im doing wrong by providing that . Then Ill Either Kill every Stray or every Arsehole that comes around .;)

Pricetag
8/24/2011, 09:32 AM
I caught the last part of a documentary on HBO last night about the Diane Schuler crash. I think it was called There's Something Wrong with Aunt Diane. It basically showed a quest by her husband and sister to find someone to tell them that it wasn't her fault. They just didn't want to believe it to the point that they wanted to exhume her body and test it again, even though they had two different labs with the same toxicology reports from samples with her DNA. They showed a picture of her body, too--I didn't expect to see that.

pphilfran
8/24/2011, 09:49 AM
Sheat, A dog is just an animal. They need food , shelter and protection.
IF im doing wrong by providing that . Then Ill Either Kill every Stray or every Arsehole that comes around .;)

I say if you feed the dog for any period of time you own him...

You do need to get an understanding...no biting while you are feeding...

StoopTroup
8/24/2011, 11:03 AM
Friday before the 4th of July, a 3 year old child is killed in a car accident on highway 11 just west of Blackwell, OK.

The driver was high on MJ. rear ended the car with the child. The intoxicated driver was traveling over 100 mph. The car with child tried to merge right onto the shoulder, the intoxicated woman thought the road turned there so she followed the car over. The baby was literally thrown from her carseat and found dead on floorboard of the car in back seat!

Was the baby in a car seat? Was it installed correctly? I think I see a law suit against the company that made the car seat as well as the company that made that vehicle. Also the folks who installed the side road. It clearly wasn't marked well because people who are high are great drivers. Just ask them.