PDA

View Full Version : NO ELECTRICITY!!!

achiro
8/8/2011, 09:30 PM
One heck of a storm blew through here around 6. I'm hearing close to 100mph winds. We lost a fence and a few limbs but lots of neighbors with roof damage and trees uprooted. Of course now we have no power/air conditioner.
Hey, since I'm on my iPhone can someone check OG&E's website for me and keep me informed. ;)

Curly Bill
8/8/2011, 10:00 PM
Storms? What are storms?

SoonerNate
8/8/2011, 11:03 PM
One heck of a storm blew through here around 6. I'm hearing close to 100mph winds. We lost a fence and a few limbs but lots of neighbors with roof damage and trees uprooted. Of course now we have no power/air conditioner.
Hey, since I'm on my iPhone can someone check OG&E's website for me and keep me informed. ;)

And how much rain did you get?

Sooner_Tuf
8/9/2011, 01:42 AM
I'd be happy to look it up, where are you?

87sooner
8/9/2011, 12:11 PM
i'm now running on generator power...
we got a little bit of rain and 100mph winds...
almost took part of my steel machine shed down...
power poles snapped everywhere...
prolly be several days before they get me juiced up...

achiro
8/9/2011, 12:14 PM
i'm now running on generator power...
we got a little bit of rain and 100mph winds...
almost took part of my steel machine shed down...
power poles snapped everywhere...
prolly be several days before they get me juiced up...

Yeah, I'm at the office and we have power. Stayed at my parents last night and they have power. The power poles going into our neighborhood are all sheered off at just above the ground, they didn't start working on them until around 10 this morning but they work quick so hopefully we'll be back on soon.

soonercruiser
8/9/2011, 05:12 PM
Samo around Lake Hefner.
Power came back on at 12:22 AM.
Has to set the coffee pot! :O

Midtowner
8/9/2011, 05:18 PM
Samo around Lake Hefner.
Power came back on at 12:22 AM.
Has to set the coffee pot! :O

Sucks to be you... we live on the West side of lake Hefner (our neighborhood backs up to the lake). We had power around 10:30.

Sooner_Tuf
8/9/2011, 05:44 PM
Sucks to be you... we live on the West side of lake Hefner (our neighborhood backs up to the lake). We had power around 10:30.

We never lost power so we are better than you.

achiro
8/10/2011, 10:47 AM
Power came back on last night. I look forward to this weekend when I can get into the yard and do all the clean up. :(
I can't complain too much though, I don't have roof damage that I can tell, just a few limbs and part of a fence. Some neighbors lost entire trees, lots of shingles, a few chimneys, even a couple of cars had trees fall on them.

soonercruiser
8/10/2011, 11:00 AM

Sucks to be your username!
You're not a "Midtowner"; you're in the run-off Hefner area.
:D

87sooner
8/10/2011, 11:45 AM
still no power here...
i shoulda got a bigger generator..
got kinda warm in the house yesterday...

soonercruiser
8/10/2011, 12:01 PM
Was sweating in the bed the other night, until it cooled down and I was able to turn the ceiling fan on high.
Until then, it was just the wiffie fanning me! :D

87sooner
8/10/2011, 01:24 PM
power back on...
i'm surprised but not really..
i bought a generator this time so i'm not surprised it's back on so quickly...
during the big ice storm in 01 or 02....i kept saying "it'll be on in a day or two....we don't need a generator.."
12 days later.....

soonercruiser
8/10/2011, 01:26 PM
Generator = insurance.
Pray that you don't need it!

(I'll give 50 cents on the dollar for it!) :D

87sooner
8/10/2011, 01:43 PM
Generator = insurance.
Pray that you don't need it!

(I'll give 50 cents on the dollar for it!) :D

it's a john deere.....next emergency...when all the stores are sold out....i'll sell it for $1.25 on the dollar;)

achiro
8/10/2011, 04:05 PM
still no power here...
i shoulda got a bigger generator..
got kinda warm in the house yesterday...

I was going to offer to let you use mine until you got your power back but then I read on down the page. Glad to hear you've got power.
I got my generator back when we had the ice storm, it's nothing big but it works. I hadn't had it out to use it since then but it started right up and worked great. I've thought about selling it several times but I've got the room for it and you never know when you might need it.