PDA

View Full Version : Which Coach will Fans call for their head...

StoopTroup
8/8/2011, 05:17 PM
the most this year be?

Not that any need to go.....it's just that we have seen quite a few crackpots callout for Venables and Wilson on a Daily basis even though we had a BCS Winning Team last year while other Teams who normally enjoy at least a Minor Bowl Trip sat at Home wondering why their head Coach allowed them to suck. :D

Anyway....I have all 13 in the Poll for you to make your early Cat Calls. :pop:

BoulderSooner79
8/8/2011, 05:35 PM
BV will be safe unless the D allows any 1st downs or points.

SoonerofAlabama
8/8/2011, 05:42 PM
I just think in the early stages of the season, we might get off to a little bit of a rough start and some fans will start pointing fingers at Heupel.

Jason Alexander
8/8/2011, 05:45 PM
I voted Willie Martinez but now I regret it because I don't think most fans know who he is.

badger
8/8/2011, 05:46 PM
Bawwww... you made the vote public???? :mad:

I voted for Brent, just because it's happened before, but after seeing him get so emotional about Austin Box, I'm not gonna join in the "Vulnerables" fun this season, even if the opposing team actually does manage to score a field goal in the closing second of our 70-point shutout.

tcrb
8/8/2011, 05:54 PM
Since there is no KW this year, and Josh will get at least a 4 game pass, it will be Venables whose head will be first to be called for again.....as soon as the first fg or td is scored on OUr defense.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/8/2011, 05:57 PM
I hear the offense completed a pass in practice today if that doesn't tell you Venables needs to go, then nothing will convince you that he is the problem!!!!

ouwasp
8/8/2011, 06:41 PM
I voted BV, and I've never been one to join in on the hate. But with potentially lethal O the Sooners are going to field this yr, the D needs to step up and provide more three-n-outs. Landslide victories are so much more comfortable than the dramatic close wins against second-rate teams like Cincy or Ut St. Those kinda games suck ***.

delhalew
8/8/2011, 06:43 PM
I'd like to see Josh get a free year.

StoopTroup
8/8/2011, 06:45 PM
I voted BV, and I've never been one to join in on the hate. But with potentially lethal O the Sooners are going to field this yr, the D needs to step up and provide more three-n-outs. Landslide victories are so much more comfortable than the dramatic close wins against second-rate teams like Cincy, Okie St or Ut St. Those kinda games suck ***.

FIFY :D

Soonermagik
8/8/2011, 06:46 PM
Fans are quick to jump on the new guy and that will be Josh. The second we punt someone will say we should have ran or thrown etc... Who cares, though?

StoopTroup
8/8/2011, 06:48 PM
Fans are quick to jump on the new guy and that will be Josh. The second we punt someone will say we should have ran or thrown etc... Who cares, though?

Yeah but if that happens in our Bowl game....what then? :D ;)

StoopTroup
8/8/2011, 06:54 PM
I think it will be Brent for the same reasons as most of you but if anyone is on the spot...I think it's Gundy. He is replacing DeMarco and although we have plenty of horses in the Stable....it's unclear as to who might be able to carry a Team and be our number one guy. I see us using 2 or 3 guys until it's clear who we can lean on.

delhalew
8/8/2011, 06:57 PM
I think it will be Brent for the same reasons as most of you but if anyone is on the spot...I think it's Gundy. He is replacing DeMarco and although we have plenty of horses in the Stable....it's unclear as to who might be able to carry a Team and be our number one guy. I see us using 2 or 3 guys until it's clear who we can lean on.

Listening to Bob, he doesn't consider anyone ready to take the amount of snaps Demarco did. He seems perfectly happy with the idea of using three backs in a rotation.

StoopTroup
8/8/2011, 06:58 PM
Listening to Bob, he doesn't consider anyone ready to take the amount of snaps Demarco did. He seems perfectly happy with the idea of using three backs in a rotation.

It's why I'm leaning towards that. Every year he loses a stud....he reverts to this...

delhalew
8/8/2011, 07:01 PM
It's why I'm leaning towards that. Every year he loses a stud....he reverts to this...

I'm really excited about the different styles of backs we have in the stable. We even have a workhorse at fullback. It's gonna be fun.

StoopTroup
8/8/2011, 07:04 PM
It's always fun as long as they are successful.

delhalew
8/8/2011, 07:05 PM
It's always fun as long as they are successful.

I look to the big uglies for that.:D

Jacie
8/8/2011, 07:28 PM
You should have included Mack Brown in the poll. He would be way ahead of any of OUr coaches . . .

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/8/2011, 07:44 PM
Well there goes your guest anchor job on the longhorn network...

SoonerDood
8/8/2011, 07:45 PM
Should be Patton, but nobody pays attention to the Oline.

Jacie
8/8/2011, 07:49 PM
Well there goes your guest anchor job on the longhorn network...

Well, scheiss!

StoopTroup
8/8/2011, 07:51 PM
I wonder what my hate mail would look like it I had a spot on there. :D

StoopTroup
8/8/2011, 07:52 PM
BTW....this probably solidifies a Head Coaching job for Brent. This will be his last year at OU.

SoonerMarkVA
8/8/2011, 08:07 PM
Which should, or which will? If it's will, then definitely Venables. I got nothin' on should.

C&CDean
8/8/2011, 08:09 PM
Honest answer? No "fan" will call for any coach's head this year. A whole bunch of dildo slobbering doosh juice swillers will though. I think CB will be the first. You know, the first time a BV defense gives up a first down? I can't even imagine the anguish/gnashing of teeth/suicidal thoughts when we give up our first TD...

BoulderSooner79
8/8/2011, 08:29 PM
Honest answer? No "fan" will call for any coach's head this year. A whole bunch of dildo slobbering doosh juice swillers will though. I think CB will be the first. You know, the first time a BV defense gives up a first down? I can't even imagine the anguish/gnashing of teeth/suicidal thoughts when we give up our first TD...

I figure the first TD we give up will be on a kickoff return and all hell will break loose. But BV would still be safe for a while.

Jacie
8/8/2011, 08:31 PM
I wonder what my hate mail would look like it I had a spot on there. :D

For one, they would refer to you as Hurricane Tits . . .

BoulderSooner79
8/8/2011, 08:35 PM
Seems like the biggest point of discussion is how much of a cushion we give to Heupel. After all he's done as a player and position coach for the QBs, I figure he'll get a lot of slack as he settles into his new role. I certainly feel that way. I'm of the optimistic view that he won't need any slack, but if he doesn't hit the ground running, I won't be joining any lynch mobs this season.

soonertravis
8/8/2011, 09:31 PM
BV will be safe unless the D allows any 1st downs or points.

Hilarious

Curly Bill
8/8/2011, 09:38 PM

You really haven't paid attention for what...? Two..three.. years now? Cause it's prolly been that long since I've said BV should go. I realized back then that there was nothing on God's green earth that he could do that would make Bob push him out the door. So...for better or worse we're stuck with him as long as Bob is here. I no longer gripe about that, nor lose a wink of sleep over it, but thanks for giving me a shout out. ;)

FrostySooner
8/8/2011, 10:03 PM
I didn't vote but I think the one place we may see change is on the d-line. With all the talent we have seen come to Norman at the d-line positions, I think we have been pretty complacent there.

Hope we see more of the diamond backfield. From what I have seen on video, Calhoun is looking pretty good so far. Put him in as the tailback, Finch in as the motion back, and Millard as fullback. We would do pretty good with that trio and still have Clay, Whaley, and maybe even Musil to give them breathers. Not to forget Miller and Williams as well. I think we will do fine there...don't think we have had that much depth at RB in a while.

BoulderSooner79
8/8/2011, 10:37 PM
I didn't vote but I think the one place we may see change is on the d-line. With all the talent we have seen come to Norman at the d-line positions, I think we have been pretty complacent there.

Hope we see more of the diamond backfield. From what I have seen on video, Calhoun is looking pretty good so far. Put him in as the tailback, Finch in as the motion back, and Millard as fullback. We would do pretty good with that trio and still have Clay, Whaley, and maybe even Musil to give them breathers. Not to forget Miller and Williams as well. I think we will do fine there...don't think we have had that much depth at RB in a while.

You should vote. Or at least post something relevant to the thread. ;)

pphilfran
8/8/2011, 10:55 PM
BV

I don't think the front seven is going to be strong enough to control some games...we will get dinked to death at times and then toss in a few long bombs and BV's name will be the object of much mud slinging....

thecrimsoncrusader
8/9/2011, 07:31 AM
We'll never complain about Coach Heupel*, especially since the goal line failures that were huge factors in the 2008 season national championship game and the 2011 Missouri and ATM losses won't happen. The man can call plays and it wasn't just coincidence that Oklahoma scored their most amount of offensive points in a bowl game during the Bob Stoops era. That was all about his play-calling and absolutely nothing to do with the opposition being faced.

* denotes as long as he never makes a mistake! :)

LakeRat
8/9/2011, 10:16 AM
Lots of statements about Heupel being more aggressive. If we score quick and would also have more TO's it puts the D on the field more, it could make it tough on BV.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/9/2011, 10:21 AM
On this board, during the season he goes from BV to Brent Vulnerables..so be sure to watch for that. I give it a season before we hear. Is there an O in Heupel because that is what we always get on first down!!

1890MilesToNorman
8/9/2011, 10:22 AM
The powers that be at OU have a hell of a track record on who they hire and fire for coaching the FB program. I'll leave it in their hands.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/9/2011, 10:27 AM
That is silly, who are you going to trust. A group of people who have tremendous success over the last 10 years or the OU football coaching staff!!!

StoopTroup
8/9/2011, 10:29 AM

LMAO....

Another Classic.

soonervegas
8/9/2011, 10:36 AM
Coach Venables

When we are up by 10 with 10 minutes left in the 4th in Tallahassee....and we go into prevent...

Fans, myself included, will go nuclear...

StoopTroup
8/9/2011, 10:41 AM
Coach Venables

When we are up by 10 with 10 minutes left in the 4th in Tallahassee....and we go into prevent...

Fans, myself included, will go nuclear...

And then we win on the Road.....

Do you like your doosh juice on the rocks or frozen? LOL

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/9/2011, 01:01 PM
Whoever was running the drill where Travis Lewis got hurt has to be high on this list right now...