PDA

View Full Version : market in a free fall

Position Limit
8/8/2011, 01:20 PM
obama has managed to steal another page out of the bush playbook. give a press confrence and equities cascade down. somebody needs tape a sock in his mouth and lock him in a closet.

Veritas
8/8/2011, 01:22 PM
somebody needs tape a sock in his mouth and lock him in a closet.
Well said. What an assclown.

You know, I don't blame Democrats and liberals for voting for Obama. That's what they do. No, I blame the Republicans and self-proclaimed "conservatives" that believed his bull**** and got him elected.

On the upside I'm going to grab another roundy of AAPL for a quick turn when they bounce back.

Position Limit
8/8/2011, 01:26 PM
On the upside I'm going to grab another roundy of AAPL for a quick turn when they bounce back.

good luck with that. i cant believe what is happening as i'm typing this. dow is now down 600. circuit breakers imminent.

Veritas
8/8/2011, 01:28 PM
good luck with that. i cant believe what is happening as i'm typing this. dow is now down 600. circuit breakers imminent.
I bought some AAPL puts a while back that would cover it right now, but I think it'll bounce back.

pphilfran
8/8/2011, 01:31 PM
Is this a correction or the start of the Big Bear?

Position Limit
8/8/2011, 01:36 PM
I bought some AAPL puts a while back that would cover it right now, but I think it'll bounce back.

with the vix up 14 handles, i would blast out your puts before the air gets sucked out of them.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/8/2011, 01:37 PM
Was that another fat finger? down 200 then back up 140.

Position Limit
8/8/2011, 01:39 PM
Was that another fat finger? down 200 then back up 140.

fat fingers are no longer allowed to exist as per the sec and all of their wonderful new rules meant to prevent anything from going wrong.

pphilfran
8/8/2011, 01:41 PM
with the vix up 14 handles, i would blast out your puts before the air gets sucked out of them.

I like it when you talk dirty!

Bourbon St Sooner
8/8/2011, 01:42 PM
Oh that's right. All hail the SUC. I mean the SEC.

badger
8/8/2011, 01:44 PM
Are any stocks not in free fall? Maybe Dollar Thrifty since they just posted higher quarter profits? Goooo, Tulsa! (-based company!)

Veritas
8/8/2011, 01:45 PM
That's probably gonna happen before today's bell. 355 will be my trigger.

badger
8/8/2011, 01:50 PM
Poor 401ks. Looks like nobody's ever gonna retire anymore :(

Position Limit
8/8/2011, 01:52 PM

it seems like i've been through this so many times since 1996, but this one feels like the real thing. maybe i'm getting a little too caught up in the volatility, but we are talking about sovereign debt all over europe and now here. and this stuff doesnt quietly go away. nor quickly. good luck.

SicEmBaylor
8/8/2011, 01:53 PM
I wish I had invested in booze.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/8/2011, 01:53 PM
We'll all be retired when there aren't any jobs.

OklahomaTuba
8/8/2011, 01:55 PM
But the Downgrader-in-Chief got a round in this weekend, so there's that at least.

pphilfran
8/8/2011, 01:56 PM

Dollar Cost Average...Dollar Cost Average...Dollar Cost Average...

Rebalance....Rebalance....Rebalance....

royalfan5
8/8/2011, 01:58 PM
I'm just glad he waited until the Grains close to really get going.

OklahomaTuba
8/8/2011, 01:58 PM
Recovery Summer III: This Time, it's Personal

pphilfran
8/8/2011, 01:59 PM
Recovery Summer III: This Time, it's Personal

LOL

Position Limit
8/8/2011, 02:02 PM
I'm just glad he waited until the Grains close to really get going.

what did grains do today?

OklahomaTuba
8/8/2011, 02:03 PM
Eh. . .retirement is so over-rated.

So is protein in your diet and heat.

87sooner
8/8/2011, 02:06 PM
what did grains do today?

http://www.jeinc.com/grain

OklahomaTuba
8/8/2011, 02:07 PM
Barackalpse Now. That's funny. Just ignore my tears.

REDREX
8/8/2011, 02:08 PM
Quick one of you Liberals tell me how well Keynesian economics works

tommieharris91
8/8/2011, 02:11 PM
Quick one of you Liberals tell me how well Keynesian economics works

Government should spend during a recession. Too bad we're not gonna get this.

OULenexaman
8/8/2011, 02:15 PM
Barackalpse Now. That's funny. Just ignore my tears. that' past funny...LOL...

87sooner
8/8/2011, 02:17 PM
get in or you're gettin scraps;)

REDREX
8/8/2011, 02:23 PM
The last 45 min will be interesting

TitoMorelli
8/8/2011, 02:27 PM
Government should spend during a recession. Too bad we're not gonna get this.

Government did spend during recession. $1.1 million for a study on Alaskan grandparents, $13 million for new sidewalks in exotic Boynton, OK, etc

REDREX
8/8/2011, 02:29 PM
Government should spend during a recession. Too bad we're not gonna get this.---Why it never works?

Position Limit
8/8/2011, 02:32 PM
---Why it never works?

yeah i know. what we need is trickle down and voodoo economics. come on now, you agree? dont hold it in. lets us hear all about it milton. i'll take notes.

REDREX
8/8/2011, 02:35 PM
yeah i know. what we need is trickle down and voodoo economics. come on now, you agree? dont hold it in. lets us hear all about it milton. i'll take notes.--- This Country was built by Private investment not by Gov't spending---And you probably should take notes

Position Limit
8/8/2011, 02:39 PM
--- This Country was built by Private investment not by Gov't spending---And you probably should take notes

that's it? that's all you got? you were talking like you had some kind of game boy. me thinks you took the wrong econ class at oklahoma city junior college. but hey, if you surf the net long enough you can find some talking points that might work. good luck. cheers guy...

tommieharris91
8/8/2011, 02:40 PM
---Why it never works?

Just give me a $50M/year trucker job and I'll go away.

REDREX
8/8/2011, 02:41 PM
that's it? that's all you got? you were talking like you had some kind of game boy. me thinks you took the wrong econ class at oklahoma city junior college. but hey, if you surf the net long enough you can find some talking points that might work. good luck. cheers guy...---Trust me Big Boy I have a hell of a lot more education and experience than you have---

Position Limit
8/8/2011, 02:43 PM
---Trust me Big Boy I have a hell of a lot more education and experience than you have---

funny/strange how is doesnt show up in your posting you scholar you....

Position Limit
8/8/2011, 02:46 PM

your about to be filled.

StoopTroup
8/8/2011, 02:46 PM
Funny how everything was fine when Obama was spending. He got cut off by the Pubes and now suddenly this is his fault too? LOL.

Some funny ****.

OklahomaTuba
8/8/2011, 03:23 PM
Funny how everything was fine when Obama was spending. He got cut off by the Pubes and now suddenly this is his fault too? LOL.

Some funny ****.He got cut off? I thought they raised the debt ceiling?

S&P downgraded us because the Downgrader-in-cheif has literally bankrupted the country.

diverdog
8/8/2011, 03:48 PM
I hate to break up this right wing circle jerk but explain to me how this is all Obama's fault? The market is reacting to world wide financial problems. China has inflation and real estate bubble. Greece, Spain, Ireland, Portugal and Italy are near default. The market is reacting across the globe.

The credit down grade is mostly psychological. We will get through it. How many of you own bonds with ratings lower than AA+ in your portfolio? Name any other country where huges amounts of currency could be invested safely?

As for me I am going to buy back into the market cautiously.

StoopTroup
8/8/2011, 03:52 PM
He got cut off? I thought they raised the debt ceiling?

S&P downgraded us because the Downgrader-in-cheif has literally bankrupted the country.

You can't be bankrupt just because you don't want to pay more taxes...

Sooner_Tuf
8/8/2011, 03:52 PM
--- This Country was built by Private investment not by Gov't spending---And you probably should take notes

Government should be so small you have hard time finding them. They shouldn't have their own section in the phone book.

Absolutely this country was built by small business. That is what it will take to make it great again.

sheepdogs
8/8/2011, 03:58 PM
We have millions of individuals out of work receiving benefits from Uncle Sam and these individuals need to be turned into indentured servants until they can either find work or receive handouts from non government related programs. They can choose to "help the cause" or be "part of the cause."

Veritas
8/8/2011, 04:14 PM
your about to be filled.
Yupper, I pulled the trigger at 355. Good day for me. Cleared enough to buy a roundy but I'll probably wait until opening tomorrow, esp. since it's stall falling in after-hours trading. Or I'll just sit on the cash. One big move a week is usually all I allow myself.

Veritas
8/8/2011, 04:16 PM
I hate to break up this right wing circle jerk but explain to me how this is all Obama's fault? The market is reacting to world wide financial problems. China has inflation and real estate bubble. Greece, Spain, Ireland, Portugal and Italy are near default. The market is reacting across the globe.

The credit down grade is mostly psychological. We will get through it. How many of you own bonds with ratings lower than AA+ in your portfolio? Name any other country where huges amounts of currency could be invested safely?

As for me I am going to buy back into the market cautiously.
It's not Obama's fault; he has a share of the blame but it's a small one. It's just that he and his staff's glaring ignorance and lack of leadership is the icing on the cake.

diverdog
8/8/2011, 04:23 PM
It's not Obama's fault; he has a share of the blame but it's a small one. It's just that he and his staff's glaring ignorance and lack of leadership is the icing on the cake.

Well I can certainly agree with you on the lack of leadership.

Blue
8/8/2011, 04:55 PM

Some funny ****.
Everything was fine? What planet do you live on?

I don't blame Obama. This has been in the making a long time. Question is will we get QE3 and kick the can some more.

I'm thinking it will all end in a whole new economic system.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/8/2011, 05:17 PM
Love how O'Bummer and the dims are blaming the "Tea Party'ers". The only group that has not voted on a budget that got us here and the only group that stood up for what they said they would do and got elected.

I am so pissed and tired of most politicians. I will no longer vote Republican because I want to stem the tide, and then be disappointed when the blue-blood repubs vote to raise debt limits. I am voting Tea Party or Libertarian from now on. At least I won't get mad that my vote put someone in office that ends up not representing me or my district/state.

yankee
8/8/2011, 05:47 PM
Funny how everything was fine when Obama was spending.

:confused:

Are you on drugs? LOL.

badger
8/8/2011, 05:48 PM
Fair or not, it's always the president's fault because it's under the president's watch. Perception is reality, even if it's not fair or not accurate.

soonerhubs
8/8/2011, 05:54 PM
I'm not going to read this entire thread, and I really don't care what side of the aisle the President is on at this moment. What I do care about is the fact that the current President has not given one speech that comes close to being inspiring, leading, and motivating.

FDR did it regularly, JFK as well, and so did Ronald Reagan when times were tough.

How nice would it be to hear our leader get up and tell us not to be afraid, but to get ready to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps. We'll have to sacrifice today, but it will be a blessing to our future if we all work our hardest to contribute to society.

Instead we hear a blame game monologue. He needs to fire his speech writers, I guess. I dunno! :O

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/8/2011, 05:55 PM
Love how O'Bummer and the dims are blaming the "Tea Party'ers". The only group that has not voted on a budget that got us here and the only group that stood up for what they said they would do and got elected.

I am so pissed and tired of most politicians. I will no longer vote Republican because I want to stem the tide, and then be disappointed when the blue-blood repubs vote to raise debt limits. I am voting Tea Party or Libertarian from now on. At least I won't get mad that my vote put someone in office that ends up not representing me or my district/state.

Dear God...cue up the stock RLIMC quote about if you don't vote republican you are the anti-christ

badger
8/8/2011, 06:04 PM
Instead we hear a blame game monologue. He needs to fire his speech writers, I guess. I dunno! :O

This. Leads me to wonder if he even has speech writers, or if he does, are they actually the Demmy lobbyists and special interests, because what his teleprompter tells him to say lately has not been in his best interests to say :(

StoopTroup
8/8/2011, 06:22 PM
Everything was fine? What planet do you live on?

I don't blame Obama. This has been in the making a long time. Question is will we get QE3 and kick the can some more.

I'm thinking it will all end in a whole new economic system.

We were still a AAA DAMN IT ! ! ! :D :pop:

TitoMorelli
8/8/2011, 06:41 PM
I'm not going to read this entire thread, and I really don't care what side of the aisle the President is on at this moment. What I do care about is the fact that the current President has not given one speech that comes close to being inspiring, leading, and motivating.

FDR did it regularly, JFK as well, and so did Ronald Reagan when times were tough.

How nice would it be to hear our leader get up and tell us not to be afraid, but to get ready to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps. We'll have to sacrifice today, but it will be a blessing to our future if we all work our hardest to contribute to society.

Maybe some faux Greek columns would help?:confused:

soonercruiser
8/8/2011, 06:44 PM

But....Obama's budget would have added $10 Trillion to the deficit.
And even the Dems in the Senate contributed to the 97-0 vote REJECTION of bad leadership!
So, there was no part rankor there!