PDA

View Full Version : Gold

StoopTroup
8/8/2011, 11:10 AM
1700 an ounce right now. I remember folks who wanted to know if it's wise to invest in gold. Knowing what we know now....the answer back then was yes. It's interesting that the channels that supported the Tea Party have now helped create a run on gold but other commodities are taking a bath. Oil down to $89? Copper is also falling while before it was making folks money because of it being a finite material.

Does it look to some of you that these Commodities that are taking a bath might be the place to diversify soon?

StoopTroup
8/8/2011, 11:12 AM
Silver up, not like gold but it's up.

JLEW1818
8/8/2011, 11:13 AM
i guess i should sell my teeth then

:)

pphilfran
8/8/2011, 11:14 AM
Copper and oil are down because the world economy is stuck in granny gear...

Gold and silver are up because of the worlds massive debt and financial shape....

StoopTroup
8/8/2011, 11:18 AM

Gold and silver are up because of the worlds massive debt and financial shape....

I think you are right as it's always the place people seem to jump when there is a financial cloud. However what I'm saying is...are these others that dropped going to be places to move into here in the next Week or Month?

Obama to address the S&P downgrade while Congress is out of Town. Boener to comment from his pool made of gold. :D ;)

sappstuf
8/8/2011, 11:19 AM

So we consider $89 a barrel "down" now... Great.

;)

Position Limit
8/8/2011, 11:19 AM
the gold trade is not crowded enough. now might be a great entry. and it's so well correlated with every trade out there. and it's a great sign when the public gets more and more interested in it. and hummers drive around town advertising to buy it. yes indeed it's time to pull the trigger.

this one will end badly....

Boomer.....
8/8/2011, 11:20 AM
[Outland Trophy]Dave Ramsey says not to invest in gold![/OT]

pphilfran
8/8/2011, 11:29 AM
I think you are right as it's always the place people seem to jump when there is a financial cloud. However what I'm saying is...are these others that dropped going to be places to move into here in the next Week or Month?

Obama to address the S&P downgrade while Congress is out of Town. Boener to comment from his pool made of gold. :D ;)

imo

Over the long term crude will go higher..gold will go lower...

The top is near when everybody, including the sanitation engineer, is talking about buying gold...

Needless to say, when investing, I am a contrarian...

When everybody wants in I want out because the most of the money is already in and there will be less money available to support the price...

When everybody wants out I want in because all the fraidy cats have pulled their money and are sitting on the sideline and sooner or later they will move back in...

The above strategy seems to work an astounding 50% of the time...

NormanPride
8/8/2011, 11:37 AM
60% of the time, it works every time.

pphilfran
8/8/2011, 11:37 AM

I don't have to listen to them to know what they are going to say...

Obama will stick his nose in the air and will talk about past S&P transgressions and cry about the 2 trillion that S&P missed in the long term debt projections...he will talk about everyone sharing the pain....and then say that those that are rich should share the most...he will rub the repubs nose into the tax issue that S&P supports...

JB will smile a lot and show off his tan...he will talk about how if the demo's would have gone along with more spending cuts the downgrade would have been averted...

StoopTroup
8/8/2011, 11:53 AM

Obama will stick his nose in the air and will talk about past S&P transgressions and cry about the 2 trillion that S&P missed in the long term debt projections...he will talk about everyone sharing the pain....and then say that those that are rich should share the most...he will rub the repubs nose into the tax issue that S&P supports...

JB will smile a lot and show off his tan...he will talk about how if the demo's would have gone along with more spending cuts the downgrade would have been averted...

Well...at least you have a positive outlook. LMAO!

StoopTroup
8/8/2011, 11:56 AM
the gold trade is not crowded enough. now might be a great entry. and it's so well correlated with every trade out there. and it's a great sign when the public gets more and more interested in it. and hummers drive around town advertising to buy it. yes indeed it's time to pull the trigger.

this one will end badly....

I wouldn't jump into Gold without having a fast way out that's for sure. The amount of Risk vs Gain looks dangerous to me especially if you aren't Diversified.

tommieharris91
8/8/2011, 11:58 AM
I actually see oil at $83 today.

sappstuf
8/8/2011, 12:14 PM

The real question is, would the downgrade have happened if Obama would have adopted 75% of his own debt commission's recommendation versus 0%.

pphilfran
8/8/2011, 12:15 PM
The real question is, would the downgrade have happened if Obama would have adopted 75% of his own debt commission's recommendation versus 0%.

Uhhhhhhhhh

soonercruiser
8/8/2011, 12:23 PM
i guess i should sell my teeth then

:)

If it's not your front teeth, I'll buy!
(typical crown only gets about $30 for salvage)
My advice! Keep you teeth!
Replacements start at $2,000, each.
:D

soonercruiser
8/8/2011, 12:26 PM

Phil,
Axelrod is blaming the Tea Party!
He needs commited to a mental institution!
:O

soonercruiser
8/8/2011, 12:29 PM
I wouldn't jump into Gold without having a fast way out that's for sure. The amount of Risk vs Gain looks dangerous to me especially if you aren't Diversified.

Stoop,
You forget the basic rule that gold should not be bought primarily as an investment; it is a hedge against long-term inflation.
Or, someting of intrinsic value if paper money becomes sh**!

pphilfran
8/8/2011, 12:30 PM
Phil,
Axelrod is blaming the Tea Party!
He needs commited to a mental institution!
:O

The Tea Party probably did slow things down and make Congress look even more inept...

But that is what we need...somebody needs to stir to pot and break up the cliques...

They need to step on more toes...

1890MilesToNorman
8/8/2011, 12:34 PM
It's a good time to be a Leprechaun.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/8/2011, 12:42 PM
http://www.videodetective.com/photos/701/029472_14.jpg

Boomer.....
8/8/2011, 01:02 PM
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/6061/leprechaungimmedagoldra.png

Bourbon St Sooner
8/8/2011, 01:12 PM
Everybody knows Diet Coke was the Tea Party's idea

Bourbon St Sooner
8/8/2011, 01:13 PM
The Tea Party thought After Mash would be a smashing success.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/8/2011, 01:14 PM
The Tea Party likes aggie's new uniforms, especially the grey on grey.