PDA

View Full Version : Bomar

E-Town
8/8/2011, 12:33 AM
busted:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/rhett-bomar-minnesota-vikings-qb-arrested-on-drunk-driving-charge-080711

Illuminati
8/8/2011, 12:35 AM
Big shocker! Not.

SoonerofAlabama
8/8/2011, 12:41 AM
Stupid. Soon-to-be bust got busted

nighttrain12
8/8/2011, 12:50 AM
Did he try to spike his car keys before they finished reading him his rights?

SOONER STEAKER
8/8/2011, 01:02 AM
It's a shame that we produce so may alcoholics. Get a clue Rhett, and some treatment!!

Sooner in Tampa
8/8/2011, 01:08 AM
It's a shame that we produce so may alcoholics. Get a clue Rhett, and some treatment!!
WOW...dude gets pulled over for DUI and he is automatically an alcoholic:rolleyes:

The view must be nice from the Ivory Tower.

sooneredaco
8/8/2011, 01:15 AM
Makes cutting him a lot easier... AD has got to be thinking "this idiot is always trying to eff my team up!"

WE ARE dirtburglars
8/8/2011, 01:24 AM
Some people just dont get it. I hope he wakes up before its too late.

olevetonahill
8/8/2011, 01:37 AM
Respond ONLY if you have NEVER driven after a few drinks.

Dayum the Boy has paid a hell of a price Leave him alone.:rolleyes:

Sooner in Tampa
8/8/2011, 01:52 AM

^^
This

The pious folks on this board...smdh

SoonerofAlabama
8/8/2011, 01:52 AM

Never driven, or drank. :)

Ok, on a serious note if he has a problem, I hope he finds help and I wish him the best.

sooner59
8/8/2011, 02:27 AM
Yeah, good people sometimes make dumb mistakes. I don't know what he is, but I've done dumb stuff as well. Who knows. He could be a waste. He could be a gem if he wakes up.

SOFSooner
8/8/2011, 03:21 AM
Naw, he's a drunk! Don't alcoholics go to meetings?

TheHumanAlphabet
8/8/2011, 05:20 AM
Makes cutting him a lot easier... AD has got to be thinking "this idiot is always trying to eff my team up!"

Yep, I am sure The Turk's decision will be easier...

And I don't mean to pile on. Hell in Minnesota, it isn't hard to be DUI with all the bars and stuff around. Not sure, but think Minnesota is more strict than Wisconsin on that sort of thing.

soonerhubs
8/8/2011, 06:00 AM
It's BS that this fool got behind the wheel after drinking. It's selfish, and it puts others in danger. Consider me not a fan of anyone who puts others at risk with this deplorable behavior.

Soonermagik
8/8/2011, 07:06 AM

Okay, then I will respond. I lost a good friend to a drunk driver, so that's one thing I've never engaged in.

However, I think it's an ignorant leap to say someone who gets a DWI is immediately labeled an alcoholic.

jk the sooner fan
8/8/2011, 07:21 AM
why are sooner fans so giddy over his demise? he's been gone since 2005? let it go...

MojoRisen
8/8/2011, 07:26 AM
This should wake him up...

badger
8/8/2011, 07:27 AM

Reporting in.

It's not that I wish him ill will. He has fought his arse off trying to make an NFL roster from the moment he entered the league and has thus far had his biggest opportunity with the Vikings, actually being on the active roster for the last part of last season.

I think this pretty much solidifies any argument against keeping him on the active roster, if having McNabb and Ponder already didn't. He was a third option at best and some teams don't keep a third quarterback anymore. He is going to be practice squadded or gone. Too bad.

the-rover
8/8/2011, 07:28 AM
why are sooner fans so giddy over his demise? he's been gone since 2005? let it go...

I'm sure most would rather have seen him turn his life for the better. It's more of a "shakes head" situation for me at least.

badger
8/8/2011, 07:38 AM
As long as we're having a serious discussion on his career and not just being all judgmental and all, I do think that Rhett has the chance to make it on an NFL roster... it just isn't his current NFL roster.

If he put in serious offseason work and learned from his preseason woes of the past (he once had the chance to Eli's backup but blew the preseason game that he was supposed to prove himself, relegating him to the practice squad again), he needs to take advantage of every snap he gets when the television cameras are on.

There are spots out there for backup QBs available. I don't think it'll work out in Minnesota because of how much competition he has there.

Peach Fuzz
8/8/2011, 08:01 AM
Well hopefully he will call a cab next time... this thread is annoying.

sooneredaco
8/8/2011, 08:43 AM
I'm sure most would rather have seen him turn his life for the better. It's more of a "shakes head" situation for me at least.

I agree with this ^^

It appears the only time his name is mentioned it is always negative. Really do hope the best for him though, just doesn't seem like it will be in a Viking uniform. Which sucks because he could have learned a lot from a veteran QB like McNabb

TheHumanAlphabet
8/8/2011, 09:27 AM
As long as we're having a serious discussion on his career and not just being all judgmental and all, I do think that Rhett has the chance to make it on an NFL roster... it just isn't his current NFL roster.

If he put in serious offseason work and learned from his preseason woes of the past (he once had the chance to Eli's backup but blew the preseason game that he was supposed to prove himself, relegating him to the practice squad again), he needs to take advantage of every snap he gets when the television cameras are on.

There are spots out there for backup QBs available. I don't think it'll work out in Minnesota because of how much competition he has there.

You know, the CFL is not a bad option. Especially if you can throw the ball...

Bonehead
8/8/2011, 10:02 AM

I'll respond. Never, ever drove after drinking.

My old college roommate lost his two children, mother, grandmother, aunt, and his wife was left paralyzed after a drunk driver crossed the center line and hit the minivan they were driving.

A month ago another friend was killed by a drunk driver.

I have zero tolerance for anyone who drinks and drives.

KantoSooner
8/8/2011, 10:23 AM
Let me suggest a few advantages to drinking at home:

1. It's cleaner than a bar. (if you are currently a male in college, ignore this point as it does not apply).
2. The drinks and food are cheaper.
3. The bathrooms are more conveniently located and equipped.
4. There are beds/couches that are handy and typically no one cares if you strip off your shoes (or more) and have a bit of a snooze.
5. You control the TV and stereo.
6. With forward planning, a member of the opposite sex will be present who:
Generally Likes you
Meets at least your basic physical appearance (sober) hurdle rate
Has more or less issued a blanket consent to physical affection
All of which beat the hell out of waking up next to OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE?!!!!
7. Your odds of having the crap beaten out of you due to expression of personal opinions is greatly reduced.
8. Absence of Texans.
9. Distinct reduction in risk of fines/incarceration.
10. Pretty much elimination of possibllity of accidentally killing someone.

I like to drink. I like to get drunk. I do not enjoy, at all, driving a car, boat or airplane when impaired. I also don't like playing with firearms, edged weapons, crossbows or powertools when fried.

I will indulge my stupidity by allowing myself access to lighter fluid, kerosine or gasoline and matches when partying. Several dead red cedars on my property show the tell tale marks of 'Hey, let's make giant roman candles!' type decision making. This only strenghthens my conclusion that drunkenness on public property is probably not a good idea.

diegosooner
8/8/2011, 10:54 AM
Whatever happened to that 49er QB Drunkenmiller?

fwsooner22
8/8/2011, 11:06 AM

You can't say it better than this.....Some of you need some church time....
:rolleyes:

badger
8/8/2011, 11:10 AM
Let's find Bomar a new home!

Bills:
1. Ryan Fitzpatrick
2. Tyler Thigpen
3. Levi Brown
4. Joshua Nesbitt

Seriously. Go to Buffalo and START, man.

Dolphins:
1. Chad Henne
2. Matt Moore
3. Kevin O'Connell
4. Pat Devlin

Hmmmm... backup spot might be up for grabs!

Pats:
1. Tom Brady
2. Brian Hoyer
3. Ryan Mallett

Didn't that OSU quarterback used to be here? Probably not gonna work out here. Next!

Jets:
1. Mark Sanchez
2. Mark Brunell
3. Greg McElroy

No, no, no.

Hmmm... Buffalo or Miami maybe?

I'm gonna keep trying! Let's go to the AFC North!

Ravens:
1. Joe Flacco
2. Tyrod Taylor
3. Hunter Cantwell
I don't see him ahead of Tyrod for some reason. Not sure this would be a good fit.

Bengals:
1. Andy Dalton
2. Bruce Gradkowski
3. Jordan Palmer
4. Dan LeFevour

Now HERE could be a great landing spot for him. Just a prediction: They are going to dump Jordan's arse fast and painfully for the way Carson ditched Cincy this offseason.

Browns:
1. Colt McCoy
2. Seneca Wallace
3. Jarrett Brown
4. Troy Weatherhead

If I didn't remember how crazy Seneca was back in college, I'd say he had a chance here. BUT... I don't see him ahead of Seneca, meaning that it's another long shot.

Steelers:
1. Ben Roethlisberger
2. Byron Leftwich
3. Dennis Dixon
4. Charlie Batch

No, no, no, no, no, a thousand times NO.

Hmmm... perhaps the AFC South?

Texans:
1. Matt Schaub
2. Matt Leinart
3. T.J. Yates

They just signed Lionfart, as much as I'd love to see him get relegated to clipboard/cutting board duties again, I don't see it happening. 3-slot is the best he could do here.

Colts:
1. Peyton Manning
2. Curtis Painter
3. Dan Orlovsky
4. Nate Davis

Now HERE is a place someone could have room to stretch their legs, because Peyton will only miss preseason games if any games. The backups? Doesn't matter. Perhaps not the best career move, but definitely a spot you could get an easy roster spot.

Jags:
1. David Garrard
2. Blaine Gabbert
3. Luke McCown

If you really, really want to go to that dumping ground, be my guest. Is it better than nothing? Well, word is that team's gonna get shipped to a new home sooner or later anyway... sure! Go to Jax!

Titans:
1. Matt Hasselbeck
2. Jake Locker
3. Rusty Smith
4. Brett Ratliff

The best scenario is the 3-slot, and that's not a very good spot to be at all. Nope.

Rounding out the AFC with the West!

Broncos:
1. Kyle Orton
2. Tim Tebow
3. Brady Quinn
4. Adam Weber

Bwahahahahahahhaah! Don't the Broncos need another quarterback to add to this offseason drama? Of course! Not.

Chiefs:
1. Matt Cassel
2. Tyler Palko
3. Ricky Stanzi

I have no idea who Palko is... which makes him a PERFECT candidate for Bomar to replace! Go for it!

Raiders:

1. Jason Campbell
2. Trent Edwards
3. Kyle Boller
4. Jordan La Secla

I don't see this working out. No.

Chargers:
1. Philip Rivers
2. Billy Volek
3. Scott Tolzien

Here's another place that he's likely to never play in an actual game, but might be able to land a backup spot.

Out of all of the AFC, here's where I could see him landing:

Buffalo, Miami, Cincy, Indy, Jax, KC and SD.

I'd rather not see him back in the NFC. I know it's the only side of the Super Bowl he's known, but it's obviously not working out.

47straight
8/8/2011, 11:34 AM

Only because I qualify I'll throw in my 0.02.

Bomar has had three alcohol-related brushes with the law. 2 M-I-P's and now this DUI.

This DUI comes as he should be doing his darndest to make a team and continue working in his chosen profession. He's in freaking training camp. Shouldn't be out drinking, much less drinking and driving.

Given the number of times it's been a problem, and especially the timing, he might be an alcoholic. I don't know for sure. It's enough if I was a family member or friend I'd bust his balls about to find out.

No question though it's the latest in a long series of knucklehead moves. There is no denying he's a world-class knucklehead and it's not improving over time. And that doesn't make me feel good or smug, just sad for him.

cvsooner
8/8/2011, 11:38 AM
This should wake him up...

Somehow, I doubt it. Dude has had some serious wakeup calls already in his life. Next thing you know he'll be contesting Todd Marinovich for 'wasted talent' awards.

BoulderSooner79
8/8/2011, 11:52 AM
The signing of McNabb may been the reason Bomar was out drinking. Not sayin' it was a smart way to handle it, but I doubt he was going to see any snaps in preseason with McNabb needing to learn and Ponder being a 1st rounder. He should follow Badger's advice and have his agent pleading with these teams to give him a shot. (Er, chance, "shot" not the best word to use).

PrideMom
8/8/2011, 12:04 PM
Rhett Bomar is the one who referred to Josh Heupel as "Heisman loser" who cares about this guy?

badger
8/8/2011, 12:18 PM
I got the depth charts off Rotoworld, btw. I really don't follow much around the Neffel other than my beloved Packers, and the Big 12 alums (especially SOONERS!)

Eff it, here's the NFC East:
Cowboys:
1. Tony Romo
2. Jon Kitna
3. Stephen McGee
4. Tom Brandstater

I'm sure it will come as a great relief to your Dallas fanboys that quarterback is one position you don't have to worry about too much. Fairly good starter, fairly good backup, fairly good local boy at the 3-slot, cutable 4th guy.

Giants:
1. Eli Manning
2. Sage Rosenfels
3. David Carr
4. Ryan Perrilloux

Could Rhett go back to his original team? Absolutely not, unless it was on the practice squad, but at this point, I think that ship's sailed. Eli, Sage and David are a pretty solid 1-2-3. Interesting that Perrilloux is with em. I remember him from college, heh heh.

Eagles:
1. Michael Vick
2. Vince Young
3. Mike Kafka
4. Jerrod Johnson

No. Let's just leave it at that.

Skins:
1. John Beck
2. Rex Grossman
3. Kellen Clemens
4. Ben Chappell

I really don't know what to think of this crap. They've dumped Donovan, but that solves nothing except that they won't have Donovan to blame anymore. Bomar might be able to sneak into the depth chart here. I've never felt that highly of Rex.

Bears:

1. Jay Cutler
2. Caleb Hanie
3. Nate Enderle
4. Matt Gutierrez
5. Trevor Vittatoe

This is the only team on Rotoworld I saw with five guys listed and that can't bode well for another new guy showing up... but then again, when you're someone that failed hard against GB in the NFC championship game like Hanie, and a whiny beyonce like Cutler starting, anything's possible. Why not? Go ahead and send him to Chicago :D

Detroit:
1. Matthew Stafford
2. Shaun Hill
3. Drew Stanton
4. Zac Robinson

I think these guys have invested too much in Stafford, but the rest? It's open. I see that OSU's Zac landed here after NE. I don't give him much of a chance. But Bomar? He could. Sure.

GB:
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Matt Flynn
3. Graham Harrell

I cannot emphasize emphatically enough how strong my stance is that there is no breaking up this tandem of Aaron, Matt and Graham until one of their contracts expires or one of them gets trade baited.

Minny:

1. Donovan McNabb
2. Christian Ponder
3. Joe Webb
4. Rhett Bomar

Just for fun, this is what their depth chart looks like now. No team keeps four quarterbacks without factoring in the practice squad. It's time to leave.

NFC South!
Falcons:
1. Matt Ryan
2. Chris Redman
3. John Parker Wilson
4. Adam Froman
Well, well, Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson. I could see Bomar maybe getting a shot here.

Panthers:
1. Cam Newton
2. Jimmy Clausen
3. Derek Anderson
4. Tony Pike

Hehe. That's a big ol' list of wtf. Derek Anderson, a former starter, Tony Pike, the Cincy star from when we played em, Jimmy Clausen, boy wonder who led to Weis' ND demise, and Cammy Cam Cam. Just... stay away, Rhett.

Nawlins:
1. Drew Brees
2. Chase Daniel
3. Sean Canfield

YES! Go here!

Bucs:
1. Josh Freeman
2. Josh Johnson
3. Rudy Carpenter
4. Jonathan Crompton

This depth chart has no depth.

NFC West!

Cards:
1. Kevin Kolb
2. John Skelton
3. Richard Bartel
4. Max Hall
I am not sure what to make of this franchise at this point. But there is definitely an open competition here, so Rhett could hop on in.

Pete Carroll still sucks:
1. Tarvaris Jackson
2. Charlie Whitehurst
3. Josh Portis

Suck it, Petey. How DARE you steal Sammie rightful postseason spot? That has to be the first time in his life his season didn't end in the postseason! Screw you, Pete. Rhett is too good for you and your crappy team.

Niners:
1. Alex Smith
2. Colin Kaepernick
3. Jeremiah Masoli
4. McLeod Bethel-Thompson

I really suspect they are tanking this season... but with that quirky coach that almost made up for the absence of Leach in college, anything's possible. Go for it, Bomar.

Rams:
1. Sam Bradford
2. A.J. Feeley
3. Thaddeus Lewis

I don't really want Sammie's Ram getting poisoned. And their receivers probably will still have dropsie issues, so it's not a good spot to be a QB anyways unless you are flawless in every way.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/8/2011, 12:18 PM
Thankfully, the Houston Chronicle listed him in headlines as former SHSU player. OU not mentioned anywhere...

sperry
8/8/2011, 12:36 PM
I got the depth charts off Rotoworld, btw. I really don't follow much around the Neffel other than my beloved Packers, and the Big 12 alums (especially SOONERS!)

Eff it, here's the NFC East:
Cowboys:
1. Tony Romo
2. Jon Kitna
3. Stephen McGee
4. Tom Brandstater

I'm sure it will come as a great relief to your Dallas fanboys that quarterback is one position you don't have to worry about too much. Fairly good starter, fairly good backup, fairly good local boy at the 3-slot, cutable 4th guy.

Giants:
1. Eli Manning
2. Sage Rosenfels
3. David Carr
4. Ryan Perrilloux

Could Rhett go back to his original team? Absolutely not, unless it was on the practice squad, but at this point, I think that ship's sailed. Eli, Sage and David are a pretty solid 1-2-3. Interesting that Perrilloux is with em. I remember him from college, heh heh.

Eagles:
1. Michael Vick
2. Vince Young
3. Mike Kafka
4. Jerrod Johnson

No. Let's just leave it at that.

Skins:
1. John Beck
2. Rex Grossman
3. Kellen Clemens
4. Ben Chappell

I really don't know what to think of this crap. They've dumped Donovan, but that solves nothing except that they won't have Donovan to blame anymore. Bomar might be able to sneak into the depth chart here. I've never felt that highly of Rex.

Bears:

1. Jay Cutler
2. Caleb Hanie
3. Nate Enderle
4. Matt Gutierrez
5. Trevor Vittatoe

This is the only team on Rotoworld I saw with five guys listed and that can't bode well for another new guy showing up... but then again, when you're someone that failed hard against GB in the NFC championship game like Hanie, and a whiny beyonce like Cutler starting, anything's possible. Why not? Go ahead and send him to Chicago :D

Detroit:
1. Matthew Stafford
2. Shaun Hill
3. Drew Stanton
4. Zac Robinson

I think these guys have invested too much in Stafford, but the rest? It's open. I see that OSU's Zac landed here after NE. I don't give him much of a chance. But Bomar? He could. Sure.

GB:
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Matt Flynn
3. Graham Harrell

I cannot emphasize emphatically enough how strong my stance is that there is no breaking up this tandem of Aaron, Matt and Graham until one of their contracts expires or one of them gets trade baited.

Minny:

1. Donovan McNabb
2. Christian Ponder
3. Joe Webb
4. Rhett Bomar

Just for fun, this is what their depth chart looks like now. No team keeps four quarterbacks without factoring in the practice squad. It's time to leave.

NFC South!
Falcons:
1. Matt Ryan
2. Chris Redman
3. John Parker Wilson
4. Adam Froman
Well, well, Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson. I could see Bomar maybe getting a shot here.

Panthers:
1. Cam Newton
2. Jimmy Clausen
3. Derek Anderson
4. Tony Pike

Hehe. That's a big ol' list of wtf. Derek Anderson, a former starter, Tony Pike, the Cincy star from when we played em, Jimmy Clausen, boy wonder who led to Weis' ND demise, and Cammy Cam Cam. Just... stay away, Rhett.

Nawlins:
1. Drew Brees
2. Chase Daniel
3. Sean Canfield

YES! Go here!

Bucs:
1. Josh Freeman
2. Josh Johnson
3. Rudy Carpenter
4. Jonathan Crompton

This depth chart has no depth.

NFC West!

Cards:
1. Kevin Kolb
2. John Skelton
3. Richard Bartel
4. Max Hall
I am not sure what to make of this franchise at this point. But there is definitely an open competition here, so Rhett could hop on in.

Pete Carroll still sucks:
1. Tarvaris Jackson
2. Charlie Whitehurst
3. Josh Portis

Suck it, Petey. How DARE you steal Sammie rightful postseason spot? That has to be the first time in his life his season didn't end in the postseason! Screw you, Pete. Rhett is too good for you and your crappy team.

Niners:
1. Alex Smith
2. Colin Kaepernick
3. Jeremiah Masoli
4. McLeod Bethel-Thompson

I really suspect they are tanking this season... but with that quirky coach that almost made up for the absence of Leach in college, anything's possible. Go for it, Bomar.

Rams:
1. Sam Bradford
2. A.J. Feeley
3. Thaddeus Lewis

I don't really want Sammie's Ram getting poisoned. And their receivers probably will still have dropsie issues, so it's not a good spot to be a QB anyways unless you are flawless in every way.

You are really freaking weird.

badger
8/8/2011, 12:39 PM

Meh, it's offseason.

SoonerofAlabama
8/8/2011, 12:40 PM
You are really freaking awesome for taking the time to do that, badger. Thank You, I bow at the awesomeness that is badger.

FIFY :D

SoonerofAlabama
8/8/2011, 12:41 PM
Meh, it's offseason.

Pre-season. :)

Soonerfan88
8/8/2011, 12:41 PM

But in a good way. :D

Thanks for the rundown. I agree the Big Easy might be his best roster chance but not sure he could avoid Bourbon Street long enough to make it.

TUSooner
8/8/2011, 12:54 PM
Neat-o. But

GB:
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Matt Flynn
3. Graham Harrell

"Tandem" connotes 2 (two, a couple, a pair, a brace). Maybe you meant "troika"?

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/9469/troika04.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/troika04.jpg/)

Yep, I got NUTHIN!

badger
8/8/2011, 01:00 PM
But in a good way. :D

Thanks for the rundown. I agree the Big Easy might be his best roster chance but not sure he could avoid Bourbon Street long enough to make it.

Good point, but the temptations are in any NFL market, yes, even little GB :)

"Tandem" connotes 2 (two, a couple, a pair, a brace). Maybe you meant "troika"?

Maybe, but a third stringer hardly ever plays, so perhaps I'm thinking tandem for Rodgers and Flynn, while Graham is the insurance policy should something crazy happen?

StoopTroup
8/8/2011, 01:57 PM
I got this from the link and just felt like posting it. I'm not sure I understand it...I just thought it was a snappy moniker.

Ablackmanspointofview

8/8/2011 6:21:22 AMWhere are the "Thug" comments, the "People like that" comments "Trash" comments "Punk" comments. I have read 100s of comments when Afro Americans are in similar situations, the print is extensive the comments are brutal!!!!! Now I read soft comments, I dont want to hear the " No name" concept (who is Rhett?) In part FoxSports is to blame with these watered done conceptionized reporting, When Whitlock writes some people are all over his case!!!!.
. My comments are far from racist, but* curious, as a fair minded human being where is the fair minded behavior?

If I researched the word "Thug" with Fox Sports as my only source of reference Thug would mean a Afro American Atheletes in trouble or not, if this was the only source of reference.

Salt City Sooner
8/8/2011, 03:05 PM

Present & accounted for. Last alcohol I've had was when I was around 10-12 years old (I'm 44 later this month, BTW) when Dad used to let me have a swig of his beer after mowing the lawn. FWIW, I'm not necessarily against having a drink or anything like that (that is, unless you've proven you can't handle it & have to have get blitzed to be happy), it's just that it doesn't do anything for me that a diet Pepsi or glass of tea doesn't.

Ok, on a serious note if he has a problem, I hope he finds help and I wish him the best.
This.

& this.

Salt City Sooner
8/8/2011, 03:15 PM
Let's find Bomar a new home!

Bills:
1. Ryan Fitzpatrick
2. Tyler Thigpen
3. Levi Brown
4. Joshua Nesbitt

Seriously. Go to Buffalo and START, man.

Dolphins:
1. Chad Henne
2. Matt Moore
3. Kevin O'Connell
4. Pat Devlin

Hmmmm... backup spot might be up for grabs!

Pats:
1. Tom Brady
2. Brian Hoyer
3. Ryan Mallett

Didn't that OSU quarterback used to be here? Probably not gonna work out here. Next!

Jets:
1. Mark Sanchez
2. Mark Brunell
3. Greg McElroy

No, no, no.

Hmmm... Buffalo or Miami maybe?

I'm gonna keep trying! Let's go to the AFC North!

Ravens:
1. Joe Flacco
2. Tyrod Taylor
3. Hunter Cantwell
I don't see him ahead of Tyrod for some reason. Not sure this would be a good fit.

Bengals:
1. Andy Dalton
2. Bruce Gradkowski
3. Jordan Palmer
4. Dan LeFevour

Now HERE could be a great landing spot for him. Just a prediction: They are going to dump Jordan's arse fast and painfully for the way Carson ditched Cincy this offseason.

Browns:
1. Colt McCoy
2. Seneca Wallace
3. Jarrett Brown
4. Troy Weatherhead

If I didn't remember how crazy Seneca was back in college, I'd say he had a chance here. BUT... I don't see him ahead of Seneca, meaning that it's another long shot.

Steelers:
1. Ben Roethlisberger
2. Byron Leftwich
3. Dennis Dixon
4. Charlie Batch

No, no, no, no, no, a thousand times NO.

Hmmm... perhaps the AFC South?

Texans:
1. Matt Schaub
2. Matt Leinart
3. T.J. Yates

They just signed Lionfart, as much as I'd love to see him get relegated to clipboard/cutting board duties again, I don't see it happening. 3-slot is the best he could do here.

Colts:
1. Peyton Manning
2. Curtis Painter
3. Dan Orlovsky
4. Nate Davis

Now HERE is a place someone could have room to stretch their legs, because Peyton will only miss preseason games if any games. The backups? Doesn't matter. Perhaps not the best career move, but definitely a spot you could get an easy roster spot.

Jags:
1. David Garrard
2. Blaine Gabbert
3. Luke McCown

If you really, really want to go to that dumping ground, be my guest. Is it better than nothing? Well, word is that team's gonna get shipped to a new home sooner or later anyway... sure! Go to Jax!

Titans:
1. Matt Hasselbeck
2. Jake Locker
3. Rusty Smith
4. Brett Ratliff

The best scenario is the 3-slot, and that's not a very good spot to be at all. Nope.

Rounding out the AFC with the West!

Broncos:
1. Kyle Orton
2. Tim Tebow
3. Brady Quinn
4. Adam Weber

Bwahahahahahahhaah! Don't the Broncos need another quarterback to add to this offseason drama? Of course! Not.

Chiefs:
1. Matt Cassel
2. Tyler Palko
3. Ricky Stanzi

I have no idea who Palko is... which makes him a PERFECT candidate for Bomar to replace! Go for it!

Raiders:

1. Jason Campbell
2. Trent Edwards
3. Kyle Boller
4. Jordan La Secla

I don't see this working out. No.

Chargers:
1. Philip Rivers
2. Billy Volek
3. Scott Tolzien

Here's another place that he's likely to never play in an actual game, but might be able to land a backup spot.

Out of all of the AFC, here's where I could see him landing:

Buffalo, Miami, Cincy, Indy, Jax, KC and SD.

I'd rather not see him back in the NFC. I know it's the only side of the Super Bowl he's known, but it's obviously not working out.
A couple of things:

1. He ain't sniffing the starting job in Buffalo. Fitz (I SO wish Cincy hadn't let him go now) quietly had a very solid year for them last year & is the unquestioned #1. In fact, I can't see him above Thigpen, who proved to be quite decent in the one shot he got w/ KC back in '08.

2. For all the crap that Carson is causing in Cincy, Jordan has been absolutely nothing but a standup guy to this point, & unless his brother stuns everybody with a sudden change of heart, I'd be more than a little surprised if it's not LeFevour who gets the axe for the #3 spot.

badger
8/8/2011, 03:17 PM
Thanks Salt City. I will never accuse myself of being an NFL expert, but I was really curious about where Bomar might land and just shared my crazy train of thought with all of you.

BoulderSooner79
8/8/2011, 04:35 PM
I wouldn't think Bomar would compete for a starting job anywhere - he need to catch on somewhere to hold a clipboard for $1m+/yr.

n8v_ndn
8/8/2011, 04:50 PM
His Dad is telling anyone who'll listen that there were many other drunk drivers, but his son is being singled out as the fall guy. He's also pretty sure Stoops had something to do with this.

VA Sooner
8/8/2011, 09:36 PM
He'll have a tough time getting up the roster with the boys ahead of him... either more talented or smarter.