PDA

View Full Version : The Thursday Night Openers suck

JLEW1818
8/7/2011, 09:36 AM
Mississippi State (-27.5) at Memphis (FSN)
UNLV at Wisconsin (-35) (ESPN)

At least on Friday we get TCU (-9) at Baylor (ESPN)

oh well, I'll still be watching Thursday and Friday

Remember the Thursday Night opener 2 years ago? :D

kgCVZxzcZ1s

LVSOONER15
8/7/2011, 09:44 AM
I'd like to see what Wisconsin looks like.

badger
8/7/2011, 10:15 AM
Who here misses football so much that it could be crappy Memphis versus crappy Chattanooga and you'd still tune in? :D

JLEW1818
8/7/2011, 11:36 AM
Baylor already down to +7

I'll jump on tcu if it gets lower

oudavid1
8/7/2011, 01:05 PM
Blount wouldnt think he is so tough if Smidtty was right next to him.

Flagstaffsooner
8/7/2011, 01:20 PM
Beats watching Hot in Cleveland.:)

LVSOONER15
8/7/2011, 01:23 PM
Any college football at this point will do.

3rdgensooner
8/7/2011, 01:36 PM
Any college football at this point will do.Ditto

Memtig14
8/7/2011, 01:40 PM
Who here misses football so much that it could be crappy Memphis versus crappy Chattanooga and you'd still tune in? :D

At least Memphis has an indoor practice facility.

SoonerofAlabama
8/7/2011, 07:06 PM
I Will Probably Watch These:

Villanova at Temple
North Texas at Florida International
North Carolina Central at Rutgers
Wake Forest at Syracuse
Mississippi State at Memphis

soonerboy_odanorth
8/8/2011, 01:36 PM
Baylor already down to +7

I'll jump on tcu if it gets lower

Baylor to win outright.

TCU returns one (1) starter on the offensive line. They do not return their three year starting quarterback.

TCU basically returns their defensive front seven. But must replace their defensive secondary...no treat against a seasoned and very good QB like Griffin III.

JLEW1818
8/8/2011, 01:50 PM
Baylor to win outright.

TCU returns one (1) starter on the offensive line. They do not return their three year starting quarterback.

TCU basically returns their defensive front seven. But must replace their defensive secondary...no treat against a seasoned and very good QB like Griffin III.

at first i thought the same. But after personally witnessing Illinois destroy Baylor in last year's bowl game, with weeks to practice/prepare, Griffin absolutely sucks.

StoopTroup
8/8/2011, 02:01 PM

http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/design/11008702/type/png/width/190/height/190/wisconsin-silhouette_design.png

PalmBeachSooner
8/8/2011, 02:05 PM
at first i thought the same. But after personally witnessing Illinois destroy Baylor in last year's bowl game, with weeks to practice/prepare, Griffin absolutely sucks.

Hi. I'm PalmBeachSooner and I endorse this message.

Hot Rod
8/8/2011, 02:08 PM

They look like Chinese raccoons!

http://www.theticketking.com/tickets/images/badgerfootball.jpg

tfoolry
8/8/2011, 03:06 PM
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1244962917041

badger
8/8/2011, 03:15 PM
Stop making fun of Wisconsin :mad:

:P

tfoolry
8/8/2011, 05:46 PM
The greatness of that video is the guy standing behind the drunk ranter with the Nebraska hat. First he turns the hat around when Mr. Badger starts talking & then walks away when the dude starts talking about fat people. Cornholers are good at walking away in shame :)

Tear Down This Wall
8/8/2011, 05:55 PM
I Will Probably Watch These:

Villanova at Temple
North Texas at Florida International
North Carolina Central at Rutgers
Wake Forest at Syracuse
Mississippi State at Memphis

Will likely watch this one since North Texas hired a bunch coaches with Big 8/12/Stoops ties to replace high school coach Todd Dodge.

Former Big 8/12/Stoops coaches now coaching at UNT:
Dan McCarney - Head Coach: former Iowa State head coach; was an assistant at Iowa when the Stoops Bros. played and coached there.

Clint Bowen - Defensive coordinator: former DC at Kansas when Mangino was there.

Mike Canales - Offensive coordinator: okay, he never coached in the Big 12, but he was Mike Stoops OC for a couple of years at Arizona; then, for Jim Leavitt, a former KSU co-DC with Stoopses, at USF.

Mike Grant - Running Backs: former Nebraska player and coach; also coached at Iowa State with McCarney.

Mike Nelson - Defensive ends: former Missouri, Kansas State, Iowa State assistant.

Nick Quartaro - Asst Head Coach/WR: former assistant at Iowa State with McCarney; Mangino's OC at Kansas a few years back; assistant at Kansas State when Stoops brothers were there.

Kent Riddle - Special Teams/TE: former Colorado assistant.

Mike Simmonds - OL: assistant at USF with former K-State assistant Jim Leavitt.

Frank Wintrich - Strength/Conditioning: SC coach at USF for Leavitt.

Basically, all but two of the new North Texas staff have some tie back to the old Big 8, Big 12, or the Stoopses. It's 180 degree turnaround from four years ago when they went with Todd Dodge and a coaching staff made up almost completely of high school coaches.

Ought to be an interesting to see if UNT can win in their new stadium. Looks like they're finally spending money on the program, facilities, and coaches.

You figure if UNT can't win in the Sun Belt with this coaching staff, they should just chuck football and go straight up basketball.

SoonerofAlabama
8/8/2011, 06:03 PM
^ Plus, they have Marcus Trice, who transferred from OU to North Texas.

silverwheels
8/8/2011, 06:06 PM
Blount wouldnt think he is so tough if Smidtty was right next to him.

Or Woody Hayes.

budbarrybob
8/8/2011, 06:38 PM
It's football thats not played "down under" and its LIVE. So, yeah, I'll be watching it.

BudSooner
8/9/2011, 03:40 PM
Hell I would watch a Division II school this very minute, yeah I know it's not called that anymore so whatever.

BudSooner
8/9/2011, 03:41 PM
But I would not watch Auburn/Oregon, Texas/USC....let me be perfectly clear about this.

JLEW1818
8/9/2011, 03:54 PM
you don't like watching texas lose to baylor and iowa state in austin?

BudSooner
8/9/2011, 03:57 PM
you don't like watching texas lose to baylor and iowa state in austin?
No, I would not watch Texas vs USC or the other combo.