PDA

View Full Version : Honoring Box

PLaw
8/7/2011, 09:03 AM
Here are a couple of strong visuals for how the Sooners, and specifically T Lewis, are honoring Austin's memory.

Video from practice:
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/2011_preseason_practice_central.html

Very moving still shots from practice:
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=146&f=2445&t=7745986

From NewYorkSooner that was taken from another board:
Got this off another board .. "As the players take the field on this Scorching August day two ghostly figures stand at the corner of the field one standing proudly with his hand on his hips the other kneeling on one knee holding a clipboard Coach Owen looks up at Coach Wilkinson and says "well?" Bud says "I think the young man is doing a hell of a job" as his stare never leaves the man in the white visor, that now leads their Sooners to glory. Across from the Practice field Memorial Stadium echoes with the voice of a Bootleggers boy from Arkansas saying "Nobody said this was gonna be easy , This ain't High School Son..This is Oklahoma football!!"...Just then a long haired Kid Joins the Coaches on the Corner of the field they look at him for a moment and say "What are you waiting for? Get in there number 12!" ... as he puts on a helmet and runs to the field..Bud says "I think we are gonna win it all this year" Bennie says shaking his head "What makes you think that?..its awfully early" "Because our Sooners aren't just playing for a Trophy they are doing this for him."

BOOMER - yesterday, today, and tomorrow!!

LVSOONER15
8/7/2011, 09:34 AM
Some very nice pics. Very touching. RIP Box.

SoonerInLubbock
8/7/2011, 03:43 PM
Very moving. I almost teared up in the middle of cici's pizza. Great post!

Because our Sooners aren't just playing for a Trophy they are doing this for him."

That's the part that really got me.

BoomerSooner, esq.
8/7/2011, 03:47 PM
Wow, the pic of Coach standing over Austin's helmet is priceless. Thanks for posting.

Flagstaffsooner
8/7/2011, 03:53 PM
oh wow

delhalew
8/7/2011, 03:54 PM
Pretty powerful tribute.

PLaw
8/7/2011, 05:02 PM
Very moving. I almost teared up in the middle of cici's pizza. Great post!

Because our Sooners aren't just playing for a Trophy they are doing this for him."

That's the part that really got me.

Yeah, I've read it several times, too. This morning before church, the tears were rolling down the cheek.

BOOMER

StoopTroup
8/7/2011, 06:00 PM
It's awesome. It's time some folks listen and watch. This is the way he should be remembered.

CBUS_SOONER
8/7/2011, 06:40 PM
Still makes me sick... way too young... RIP AB

SoonerofAlabama
8/7/2011, 07:02 PM
:( Rest In Peace Austin. Love Travis doing that, though.

BigJerm7
8/7/2011, 11:46 PM
Is it OK with the jersey police if I wear my #12 jersey to the home opener?

MamaMia
8/8/2011, 12:19 AM
Is it OK with the jersey police if I wear my #12 jersey to the home opener?I think that would be a nice gesture. :)

I have a really pretty OU t-shirt with an embroidered OU emblem, the schooner and rhinestones on it. I'm having the number 12 circled and added to the sleeve, by my embroidery lady for the 1st and last games of the season.

the-rover
8/8/2011, 07:07 AM
Is it OK with the jersey police if I wear my #12 jersey to the home opener?

Since it's also Landry's #, unless it has Box's name on it, some folks won't notice....sadly enough.

PLaw
8/8/2011, 10:17 AM
Since it's also Landry's #, unless it has Box's name on it, some folks won't notice....sadly enough.

Heard that Landry may be planning on going to Austin's family to see if they are okay with him continuing to wear #12. I think that would be a class act.

Boomer

KantoSooner
8/8/2011, 10:33 AM
I've got a new screen saver.

the-rover
8/8/2011, 11:13 AM
Heard that Landry may be planning on going to Austin's family to see if they are okay with him continuing to wear #12. I think that would be a class act.

Boomer

Yes, that would be a class act on Landry's part, however, if I were a member of Austin's family, I'm not sure I could bear to watch any games this year.

westbrooke
8/8/2011, 11:20 AM
Linked on EDSBS (http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2011/8/8/2351248/this-is-the-saddest-thing-you-will-see-all-day).

LakeRat
8/8/2011, 11:58 AM
Would be ok if the sooners went with either 12 men (box's number) and got a penalty or went with 10 the first play of the game.

cccasooner2
8/8/2011, 12:29 PM
I think that would be a nice gesture. :)

I have a really pretty OU t-shirt with an embroidered OU emblem, the schooner and rhinestones on it. I'm having the number 12 circled and added to the sleeve, by my embroidery lady for the 1st and last games of the season.

Picture(s) of the jersey when finished? TIA

Chiliman
8/8/2011, 08:40 PM
There's a family friend, who is a big OU fan, who is having some car window decals made to honor Austin.

bmjlr
8/8/2011, 09:08 PM
If you didn't tear up looking at those pics, you need your heart checked. Here is my tribute to Austin. He will be on my jersey wall forever. RIP Austin!

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa156/finnerou/AustinBoxJersey.jpg

bmjlr
8/8/2011, 09:14 PM
Would be ok if the sooners went with either 12 men (box's number) and got a penalty or went with 10 the first play of the game.

I would love for them to go with 12 men on the field. Who cares about the penalty, that would be awesome. Of course, 10 would be great too. I would shed a tear if they did that. Somebody needs to tell Stoops to do this.

Ardmore_Sooner
8/8/2011, 09:37 PM
I've been saying to go with 10 players the first defensive play. USC did this with their kicker a few years ago and it was very moving.

Ardmore_Sooner
8/8/2011, 09:44 PM
Hp0moLzrroI

UtWDOAUkUAA&feature=related