PDA

View Full Version : Alec Morris

Sabanball
8/5/2011, 06:43 PM
Since we misfired on Jameis Winston and Gunner Kiel, we moved to plan B and just got a commit from QB Alec Morris out of Allen, TX. He had previously committed to Wake Forest, but when we came calling he was willing to switch. He is from your backyard and I was wondering what the general view of him was out your way. Rivals has him as a 3 star, he had a high completion rate as a junior last year, and his td pass/int ratio is unbelievably good.

WE ARE dirtburglars
8/5/2011, 08:21 PM
Not sure, all I know is that he drew no interest from most of the big teams around the midwest. He has a good frame, but is surprisingly somewhat of a scrambler. To be honest, his quiet recruitment and 3 star status, along with his size, reminds me a lot of Sam Bradford out of high school. I highly doubt he'll turn into anything that good, but he could be a solid get.

Curly Bill
8/5/2011, 09:25 PM
He's 35 miles down the road from me, and I've not heard anything about him. Not that that means a lot. Allen is part of the DFW Metroplex, so unless you're a stud down there it's easy not to stand out.

Widescreen
8/5/2011, 09:37 PM
Well, I live in Allen so you'd think I would know something. Unfortunately I don't as I don't follow high school football that much. However Allen has been state champion quality the last few years so if he's good enough to be the QB here, he's probably pretty good.

PlanOUred
8/5/2011, 09:41 PM
He's 35 miles down the road from me, and I've not heard anything about him. Not that that means a lot. Allen is part of the DFW Metroplex, so unless you're a stud down there it's easy not to stand out.

I live in a community in the same area as Allen, and like Curly Bill, I have not heard of him. Allen usually has pretty good teams and has a good program in general, but know nothing of him. I don't know of any of the bigger programs around here, OU, TX, A&M, etc. that recruited him.....but I am not totally aware of those programs recruiting lists. Just haven't heard of him and I live about 10 miles from his HS. But, TX has a lot of HS players and I am sure there are some diamonds out there that nobody knows. Counter to that though Allen is a big HS and gets scouted very well by the colleges. But, who knows for sure.....I am sure your coaches know talent if they offered.....just because he is unknown generally around here doesn't mean he is a bad prospect.....Good luck to Bama and the kid.

jk the sooner fan
8/6/2011, 03:25 PM
Allen is the top ranked team this year and spent a bit of the season last year atop the standings....no idea how much of that you can attribute to the qb position

LRoss
8/6/2011, 07:36 PM
I lurk enough to know that Sabanball is a good poster and this is no way to disparage him or discourage him from using this board, to which he contributes substantially, to glean Oklahoma information for his Alabama interests. That's fair.

But it's awfully discouraging to see 26 people viewing the recruiting section and KNOW that means something happened, pop in and see a new thread with a new name, click on the thread to read about OUr next great budding superstar, and discover that it's a commit for . . . not OU.

Jacie
8/7/2011, 12:11 PM
Maybe they recruited him to be a DB for them. Seemed like every DB that played under Switzer was a highschool QB . . .

Ruf/Nek7
8/7/2011, 01:58 PM
I don't know much about Morris in general but Allen High is starting the season as the #2 5A team in Texas so he has to be a pretty good QB. If you are in Texas, you should try the Tom Landry classic. It has some great matchups...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tom-Landry-Classic/117250037046

sooner94
8/9/2011, 06:34 PM
I watched a couple of Allen games last year. It was his first year as a starter. Big kid and has put on more weight this year.

In two of the games I watched, he got off to slow starts. Threw some picks early in games, but recovered in both games and led his team to a win. Strong arm and moves pretty well for his size.

I could see this kid being a good QB. Allen does a great job of developing its players.

sooner94
8/10/2011, 11:32 AM
I had forgotten that one of the games was in the playoffs vs. Euless Trinity. I thought Allen should have won the game. Brandon Carter had a great game for Euless (as usual- wish he would have come to OU) and Euless made a few more big plays to pull it out.

Morris played a good game against a really tough opponent. I think he can be a good one.

Sabanball
8/11/2011, 10:54 PM
Thanks for all the input, guys! That's what I wanted, pure unadulterated, and informed opinions of the kid. Like I said, he was definitely not our first choice, but then again the last qb we took from the metroplex did pretty well in Tuscaloosa...;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/18/2011, 01:39 PM
I lurk enough to know that Sabanball is a good poster and this is no way to disparage him or discourage him from using this board, to which he contributes substantially, to glean Oklahoma information for his Alabama interests. That's fair.

But it's awfully discouraging to see 26 people viewing the recruiting section and KNOW that means something happened, pop in and see a new thread with a new name, click on the thread to read about OUr next great budding superstar, and discover that it's a commit for . . . not OU.Sabanball has said he doesn't even post on Bama message boards. Why is that, Sabanball?