PDA

View Full Version : I thought it was funny when a Nebraska fan...

Dan Thompson
8/5/2011, 03:57 PM
said that Nebraska was picked to win the Big Ten and he thought Nebraska and OU would play in the MNC?

He was talking up their new QB and I mentioned how much they had liked Martinez(sp).

Any on think Nebraska has a chance at winning the Big Ten?

Mad Dog Madsen
8/5/2011, 04:02 PM
They do have a small chance to win it. A few lucky breaks here and there and you never know...

SoonerBK
8/5/2011, 04:06 PM
I think they have a good shot at it, if they can get past whiskey. ohio state always made it look easy, and they weren't that great.

PalmBeachSooner
8/5/2011, 04:08 PM
It's not like there's a of high scoring offenses in the Big 10 so Nebraska's defense should keep them in every game. If their offense can scratch together enough points then it's very possible for them to win it.

However, my money is on Whiskey.

Mad Dog Madsen
8/5/2011, 04:11 PM
I think they lose to Penn State and Wiscy. Iowa and Michigan St. will be tough games as well.

oumartin
8/5/2011, 04:14 PM
couldn't have picked a better year. OSU getting exposed, Michigan still down, Joe Pa is one breath away from a casket in Happy Valley. Just take care of Wisconsin and the rest is cake.

Mad Dog Madsen
8/5/2011, 04:16 PM
couldn't have picked a better year. OSU getting exposed, Michigan still down, Joe Pa is one breath away from a casket in Happy Valley. Just take care of Wisconsin and the rest is cake.

They'll blow a 17 point lead somewhere down the line. ;)

TahoeSOONER
8/5/2011, 04:21 PM
I think the corn children have the perfect style of play, running the ball and leaning on defense, for that conference. I think they win it.

badger
8/5/2011, 04:28 PM
One biiiiig huge freakin' large strike against Nebraska was that they couldn't con Cody Green to staying around.

Tay Tay became a big head case late in the season to the point that they needed a backup.

And now, their backup has transferred to Tulsa.

What will Nebraska do if, heaven forbid, Taylor Martinez goes nuts again mid-season, or gets injured from scrambling too much?

oumartin
8/5/2011, 04:30 PM
One biiiiig huge freakin' large strike against Nebraska was that they couldn't con Cody Green to staying around.

Tay Tay became a big head case late in the season to the point that they needed a backup.

And now, their backup has transferred to Tulsa.

What will Nebraska do if, heaven forbid, Taylor Martinez goes nuts again mid-season, or gets injured from scrambling too much?

It's the big ten. You don't need a qb to win the big 10. Just someone that can run under a 4.8 fourty on offense.

badger
8/5/2011, 04:38 PM
It's the big ten. You don't need a qb to win the big 10. Just someone that can run under a 4.8 fourty on offense.

Nyuck nyuck nyuck... is that the going rate for an oversized runner that would be a fullback in any other conference except the B1G? :D

For Nebby to be successful, they're gonna need to have an offensive leader... and I think they have had a lot of neffelers leave lately.

SoonerofAlabama
8/5/2011, 04:39 PM
What do you guys think their record will be?

Here is their schedule and My Prediction:

vs Chattanooga W
vs Fresno State W
vs Washington Toss-Up
@ Wyoming W
@ Wisconsin Toss-Up
vs Ohio State W
@ Minnesota W
vs Michigan State Toss-Up
vs Northwestern W
@Penn State W
@ Michigan W
vs. Iowa W

Mad Dog Madsen
8/5/2011, 04:45 PM
9-3 regualr season...

StoopTroup
8/5/2011, 04:47 PM
I'd put money on them winning the Big XII North but not the Big 10 + Corn

silverwheels
8/5/2011, 04:52 PM
I would also put them as co-favorites with Wisconsin. Michigan isn't back yet; Ohio State will surely slide some given what they have done to themselves over the past year; Penn State still has "solid but definitely not good" written all over them, just like last year; Michigan State was probably a one-year wonder. Don't see anyone else entering the conversation except for maybe Iowa.

tfoolry
8/5/2011, 05:35 PM
Iowa definitely has that game circled.

badger
8/5/2011, 05:39 PM
Iowa definitely has that game circled.

Which fanbase wears the overalls in the relationship :P

tfoolry
8/5/2011, 05:50 PM
Which fanbase wears the overalls in the relationship :P

I've always wondered why Cornholers carry a corn cob in the back pocket of their overalls.

agoo758
8/5/2011, 06:16 PM
Problem is how one dimensional martinez is. He hurts his ankle and the offense completely falls apart. Hopefully for them, his passing will have improved by the start of the season

silverwheels
8/5/2011, 07:32 PM
OSU didn't think his passing was terrible last year.

Sooner_Tuf
8/5/2011, 08:22 PM
I'd put money on them winning the Big XII North but not the Big 10 + Corn

I'll take that bet. Nebraska will not win the Big XII North this year.

StoopTroup
8/5/2011, 09:41 PM
I'll take that bet. Nebraska will not win the Big XII North this year.

How much did I bet you? Be honest. :D

I'll have the Wife write the check.

agoo758
8/5/2011, 09:43 PM
OSU didn't think his passing was terrible last year.

See the last four games of the season.

OUmillenium
8/5/2011, 09:47 PM
Big 11 + corn that is

Sooner_Tuf
8/5/2011, 10:05 PM
How much did I bet you? Be honest. :D

I'll have the Wife write the check.

One Million Dollars!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_wyuSKo_sdaw/S6vYsr7gu2I/AAAAAAAAAQA/bPLlvIBpKBs/s1600/dr_evil_one_million_dollars.jpg

Sooner_Tuf
8/5/2011, 10:06 PM
I've always wondered why Cornholers carry a corn cob in the back pocket of their overalls.

The Sears catalog was needed elsewhere!

OU_Sooners75
8/5/2011, 10:18 PM
said that Nebraska was picked to win the Big Ten and he thought Nebraska and OU would play in the MNC?

He was talking up their new QB and I mentioned how much they had liked Martinez(sp).

Any on think Nebraska has a chance at winning the Big Ten?

I would not be surprised if they win it.

I did predict them to win it.

silverwheels
8/6/2011, 01:54 PM
See the last four games of the season.

Trust me, I remember. I was just taking a shot at OSU.

agoo758
8/6/2011, 01:59 PM
Trust me, I remember. I was just taking a shot at OSU.

Oops. My mistake. :D

MamaMia
8/6/2011, 03:17 PM

Any on think Nebraska has a chance at winning the Big Ten?They could. I hope one of the Big 12 teams takes that title.

WE ARE dirtburglars
8/6/2011, 03:30 PM
I think Nebraska has the talent to win the Big 10, especially with tOSUs situation. Only reason I think they wont is because they have to prepare for 11 teams that they dont ever play, while the rest of the conference only has to prepare for one new team. I wish them luck tho.

SoonerinSouthlake
8/6/2011, 05:12 PM
This isnt a bad prediction.
Im on record as predicting Sooner-LSU for MNC...but b10 may be so average this year that if Corn can get some momentum the could get through it with out a loss...and face us in New Orleans

Id so much rather see them in NO playing another LoSUr home game

Salt City Sooner
8/6/2011, 07:46 PM
One thing I'm going to be watching for in particular is how their defense performs. They're going from a wide open spread league to one that's much more oriented to straight ahead, downhill running (w/ a couple of exceptions) w/ play action mixed in. I know Bo will eventually tailor the D accordingly, but it'll be interesting to see how they adjust with the personnel he has on hand right now, which was recruited with the spread in mind. NU wasn't exactly any great shakes vs. the run last year. In fact, they were statistically worse than we were & it's not like we were exactly stellar in that category.

Football Jim
8/6/2011, 11:52 PM
That south wind we have had this summer is a combination of Texas blowing and Nebraska sucking. No way corn wins big 101112 conf.
They lose 3 in conf. play.

SoonerofAlabama
8/6/2011, 11:59 PM
That south wind we have had this summer is a combination of Texas blowing and Nebraska sucking. No way corn wins big 101112 conf.
They lose 3 in conf. play.

Which games do you see them losing?

stoopified
8/7/2011, 08:24 AM
Don't know,don't care.F the cowards.

47straight
8/7/2011, 01:44 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me, but I don't think Nebbish will go undefeated. They'll stumble at least once during Big 10 play, probably to a Wisconsin-type team.

But it would be great to meet in the MNC. Be a nice way to reunite after they had to finish what Texas started.